Tujh Sang Preet Lagai Sajna

TSPLS Articles Corner-No Comments

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 15 years ago
This thread will contain all the articles/interviews related to Tuj Sang Preet Lagai Sajna.

IF is in direct competition with Telly Chakkar & Indian Television so don't post articles from the above sites.

Kindly provide link to the article. Don't post any comments out here it would be deleted.

Regards,

IF Dev Team

Edited by -Ravjot- - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruti thumbnail

Balaji launches Tujh Sang Preet Lagai Sajna on Star Plus

Ekta Kapoor, creative director, Balaji Telefilms, has overcome her obsession with the alphabet 'K'. Ekta, who had all the titles of her shows beginning with the above mentioned alphabet has decided to do away with it as far as her new production is concerned for Star Plus.

Her shows did enjoy a successful innings with the 'K' word beginning with the cult soap Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi right uptill Kasamh Se. But after the failure of soaps like Kahaani Hamaray Mahabharat Ki, 'K' has been dropped out.

The first non-'K' serial is called Tujh Sang Preet Lagai Sajna (TSPLS), which will be aired from November 03 in the 10 pm slot as Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki (KGGK) has breathed its last, on Star Plus.

The lead characters of the show are Kunal Verma and Pooja Bose, which is a family drama and includes actors Uday Tikekar, Chetan Pandit, Papiya Bose, Ashish Kaul among others.

Keertan Adyanthaya, executive vice-president and general manager, Star Plus, says, "Tujh Sang Preet Lagai Sajna promises to enthrall the viewers with a bouquet of emotions ranging from love to hate, romance to pain and friendship to hostility."

According to TAM data for C&S homes, for 4+ audiences in Hindi speaking markets, KGGK delivered a TVR of 5 in the period of January 1-24. Closer to its end, the show's TVR dropped to 3 between September 8 and October 2. The show was replaced in the short term by a filler show, called Diwali Rishton Ki, which garnered a TVR of 2.74 in HSM CS4+.

http://www.televisionpoint.com/news2008/newsfullstory.php?id=1225721795
shruti thumbnail

Pick Of The Week: 8th -13th Dec 08

From the happenings in serials, we pick the Top 3 popular ones..And we promise to keep a close eye on the ...

shruti thumbnail

Santa's Day Out....

What would you want as a gift from Santa Claus on Christmas..Telly Buzz asked some of the stars the same, and got ...

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Pooja Bose excited with her first daily

Pooja Bose is playing Vrinda in Tujh Sang Preet Lagayi Sajna which started this week. And Bose says that she is very excited to have her own daily where she plays the main lead.

"I am very glad to play this character. This is just my second show. I played Radha earlier in Mahabharat. And I think it was very nice of Balaji that they offered me this role soon after. I am playing Vrinda in the show who is a very simple and sober girl like me," says Pooja.

The actress says following the premiere of the soap last night, she has been inundated with smses and phone calls.

"We could not manage a special screening because of our shooting commitments for the first telecast so I saw it at home. But then I got a so many calls and messages complimenting me."

"In the first entire episode I had no dialogue and it was fully based on expression's hopefully people will like my performance later on," she adds.

Talking about similarities between Manisha Koirala's film Saudgar and her show, Pooja says, "Our show is a love story between two friends and how they fall in love with each other. They are madly in love but due to some reason they have to part ways. But then they reunite and what happens is the story of the show."

"I have not seen the film but I have heard about it. However this show has a Punjabi background and I am a typical Punjabi girl. This show will not turn out to be a saas-bahu show. The focus will remain on the love story and the family," clarifies Pooja.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/November/News_20081104_15

• Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media.
  • Tuesday, November 04, 2008
  • Anashah1980 thumbnail

Balaji's new face Krunal Verma doesn't believe in compromise

November 4th, 2008

With times not going right for Soap queen Ekta Kapoor, she has finally given up with its 'K' factor and her upcoming show is titled Tujh Sang Preet Lagai Sajna. Young and dashing Krunal Verma is going to make his debut with this show. The twenty one year old actor will be portraying the character of Yugandhar and the youngster relates the character with Bollywood star Ranvir Kapoor. "Like Ranvir Kapoor, Yugandhar is a handsome and a sweet guy. But apart from being sweet, he is also clever by nature. I am sure viewers are going to love this character," speaks the young gun. Ranvir's personality seems to have impressed Krunal a lot and he desires to fit into his shoe one day, "I maybe just like Ranvir in the show. But I would love to become like him in my real life too."

The show business isn't new for Krunal. He has the experience of modeling world behind him. "I have done a lot of print modeling before taking on this show. Through modeling I got a straight entry in the Mr. India contest which is going to be held in February," shares Krunal. But taking on a daily has now forced Krunal to change his plans. "Due to this show maybe I wouldn't be able to participate in the competition now," expresses Krunal. Though dejected, Krunal still sees a ray of hope to continue with his first love, i.e., modeling, "I would surely speak with Ekta Kapoor. Maybe she would grant me permission to participate in the competition." Well, why wouldn't she, especially when the actor leaves no opportunity to praise the queen, "I respect Ekta Kapoor a lot. I am also thankful to her for choosing a fresher like me for her show and hence giving me a chance to prove myself. The biggest asset she possesses is that she can judge the right people needed for the particular work."

The journey isn't been easy for this sweet lad. Even he wasn't spared by the casting couch experience. "After winning a lot of modeling competition I thought of doing professional modeling. But gradually I realized the success mantra in this field is to compromise rather than hard work. This is the reason I let go many projects. Rather then getting frustrated on it, I patiently waited for the right projects; the ones which I get through my honesty and hard work. Coincidentally I got a nice break in N M College's Umang Festival which helped me establish my name in this industry. And then I got the golden offer from Balaji," shares Krunal.

The actor feels he isn't yet prepared to step into the world of Bollywood. "I just want to concentrate on television for one year before even thinking about getting in the films. At present, I am not capable of working in films." Krunal signs out on a philosophical note, "I want to improve my present by doing good work. Good present converts into a better future."   - Rajnee Gupta (SAMPURN)

Anashah1980 thumbnail

Kunal Verma debuts on television with Balaji's Tujh Sang Preet Lagai Sajna, where he plays the male lead. The 21-year-old lad is confident of carving a niche for himself in the industry with the love-based soap.

Q Tell us something about the character of Yugandhar, which you play in this show?
    Yugandhar's character is pretty similar to Ranvir Kapoor. He is a handsome, sweet guy. But at the same time he is clever too. I am sure viewers will like this character.

QHow did television happen to you?
    I went for auditions and got selected. I am thankful to Ekta Kapoor for choosing a fresher like me for her show and for giving me a chance to prove myself.

QAny previous experience in the show business?
    I have done a lot of print modeling. I also got a direct entry into the Mr India Contest which is going to be held in February. But because of the show, I wouldn't be able to participate in the contest.

QTell us something about your background?
    I belong to Mumbai. I have two sisters and one of them has done a lot of serials for Alpha Punjabi. Dad works for railways while my mom is a housewife. I am a final year graduation student of Thakur College.

QAny plans of getting into films??
    I just want to concentrate on television for one year before even thinking about films

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/TV%20Guide/TV%20GuideDescription.asp#End%20of%20saas-bahu%20sagas?
    Anashah1980 thumbnail

The name of my next show will start with K

Says Ekta Kapoor. Tujh Sang Preet Lagai Sajna is a one-off thing
    By Vickey Lalwani
    Posted On Monday, November 03, 2008 at 03:31:27 AM

Ekta Kapoor

• You have dragged STAR to court and challenged their termination notice on Kyunki…

The matter is subjudice and hence I can't talk about it. But it has left me mentally disturbed.

• Many actors of Kyunki... don't have any other show in their kitty right now. How have they taken to this?

I told you I can't speak about this. Everybody is shocked.

• Your new show, Tujh Sang Preet Lagai Sajna (TSPLS) does not begin with a K. That is shocking.

(Laughs) Frankly, we gave about 10-15 titles starting with K to the channel. But they didn't like them. It was becoming a wild goose chase. So this time I am going ahead without a K. But it's a one-off thing. The name of my next show will start with K. 

• What is TSPLS about?

It's a Romeo-Juliet type of love story set against a village backdrop. After 40 episodes, the story will take a very interesting turn.

• You must be happy about the bumper opening which the Tusshar starrer Golmaal Returns has registered?

I am delighted about Golmaal Returns. I haven't enjoyed a film like this since ages.

Several digs have been taken at you  and Balaji in Golmaal Returns. Did the makers show you the film before releasing it? Or, did they take permission from you?

No. But I didn't mind it at all. It was all in good fun. Rohit Shetty (the director) and I go back a long way.

• But Tusshar must have kept you abreast of all that was going on, on the sets?

No Tusshar took me for a big ride. Kuch nahin bataya usne. In fact, I learnt about Kareena Kapoor playing someone who was very stuck on my TV serials from a story in Mumbai Mirror. I couldn't even see the film on the first day since I didn't get tickets.

• Tell us about your upcoming film, EMI. 

It's a very entertaining film meant for the middle-class audience especially in today's times of recession. It releases on November 7. 

Edited by watz_your_name - 15 years ago
    Anashah1980 thumbnail
    Get an insight on the high points to come, in your favorite Star Plus shows, as fresh content kicks-off from December 1st...

Anashah1980 thumbnail

TV REVIEW: Ekta's Tujh Sang Preet...

Ekta's new show on Star Plus is a straight lift from Subhash Ghai's Saudagar
    By Jaya Biswas . Buzz18 Nov 06, 2008

Ekta Kapoor's latest offering on Star Plus, Tujh Sang Preet Lagai Sajna (the show that replaced Kahanii Ghar Ghar Kii…and surprisingly doesn't start with a 'K'), tells a tale of two childhood friends with different backgrounds – Vikramaditya, a zamindar and Balwant, a farmer. Their friendship was the topic of discussion for everyone in the village. The villagers loved them. But the bliss was not meant to last forever. Due to circumstantial misunderstandings the two friends parted ways and love turned into enmity.

Cut to the present… Yugandhar (Kunal Verma) and Vrinda (Pooja Bose) are the grandchildren of these two friends and are completely oblivious of the tensions between their families. In the backdrop of the ensuing enmity, love blooms in the hearts of Yugandhar and Vrinda. Sounds familiar?

The plot and the characters come straight out of Dilip Kumar-Rajkumar starrer Saudagar (1991) direcetd by Subhash Ghai. The similarities don't end here. As Ghai had introduced Manisha Koirala and Vivek Mushran in the film, the protagonists of Tujh Se… Kunal and Pooja are also newcomers. TV veterans Uday Tikekar and Chetan Pundit play their granddads Vikramaditya and Balwant who dress up and behave like Dilip Akumar and Rajkumar respectively.

Deepak Qazir plays Anupam Kher's character in the serial — a faqir —the only person who is allowed to roam around freely and visit people in both the villages.

The scriptwriter of the show didn't have to do much it seems, as the dialogues too sound the same. The show offers a bouquet of emotions, which sometimes become intolerable with an overdose of melodrama and over-the-top histrionics.

The less talked about the music the better. No prize for guessing, the show takes off with the song Natkhat Bansiwale Gokul Ke Raja… a hit number from Saudagar yet again.

By now, one can easily predict which way the story will unfold. Tujh Sang Preet Lagai Sajna will put to test the love of Yugandar and Vrinda in trying times. What remains to be seen is whether their love will transcend borders and make a new beginning.

Considering the K Queen is too busy with her big screen projects these days, (her next film venture EMI with Suniel Shetty will release shortly), one wonders if she has already tied up with Ghai for her next…
    http://buzz18.in.com/reviews/tv/tv-review-ektas-tujh-sang-preet/94111/0

Edited by watz_your_name - 15 years ago