Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sincereme thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Great story...
Khushi character is really different and I love this change...
Loved Shyam and khushi bond...
Can't wait for the next part...
Update soon...๐Ÿ˜Š
fanAR thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
you are writing ;o 
omg yay 

awesome archi 
dumas thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Awesome update khushi seems to be under a misconception about her mother and yet they don't want to tell her the truth instead they are keeping secrets from her and she keeps thinking her mom is wrong and shaym knows better awesome update thanks for the pm.
-Archi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: mrin0709

wow..

just came across this story... amazing Shyam and Khushi are siblings...

Aakash dating Khushi??? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

waiting for the entry of the dashing Arnav Singh Raizada.. (I hope the name remains same) ๐Ÿ˜ณ

haha... yes, the name remains the same. There are something that I just can't change! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†

Originally posted by: V3Od

Wonderful chapter as usual๐Ÿ‘ But it was short๐Ÿ˜” Hope we will get a longer one next time๐Ÿ˜‰

Coming to the update, you gave the best punishment to Shyam, by making him Khushi's brother. Wonder what would have happened if Shyam was revealed to be Khushi's brother in IPKKND ๐Ÿคฃ

I totally agree with Khushi. I can understand if Khushi's mom was left heartbroken because of her husband's heartless deeds. But how could she sacrifice her kids happiness for the one man who did not care even a bit about her? I don't see anything wrong in Khushi's frustration and anger towards her, but I think she should be a little bit polite in the way she talks. But overall, I love Khushi's character here๐Ÿ˜ณ

Shyam is okay, but he seems like the peacemaker of the story. He is all calm and quiet, and well composed๐Ÿ˜Š

Why do I get the feeling that the something out their that would annoy Shyam would be Arnav? We will see in the future๐Ÿ˜†

Thanks for sharing another wonderful update with us๐Ÿค— Hope your wrist is all fine now. If not, get well soon๐Ÿ˜Š

Eagerly waiting for the next chapter and Arnav's entry

Update soon๐Ÿ˜‰

LOLL. Shyam would have got a heart attack in he was Khushi's brother in the show (which I guess is a good thing! ๐Ÿ˜†). And thank you for the wishes - my wrist is much better now! 

archita_59 thumbnail
Oops, double post! Sorry!Edited by archita_59 - 10 years ago
-Archi- thumbnail
Hello hello,

As promised, here is the next part! Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments ๐Ÿค—

Silent Whispers
-CHAPTER FOUR-
Still at the Door

"Happy birthday to you... happy birthday to you... happy birthday to my dear Meeti... happy birthday to you."

A smile spread across Khushi's face, as she sleepily opened her eyes to see Shyam standing in front of her, holding her favorite black forest cake filled with burning candles. She wasn't surprised to see him there; no in fact she was waiting to hear him walk into the room for several minutes. It was almost a ritual in the Gupta household - her birthday always started with her brother's wishes.

"Get up birthday girl," Shyam said. "The candles will burn out soon!"

Khushi yawned and sat up, for once, not missing the warmth of the covers. "How do you always manage to wish me first?"

"Because it's me and it's your birthday," he answered, handing her a knife. "Now make a wish!"

She obliged happily and closed her eyes, though like always she never wished for anything - she understood, as early as her tenth birthday, that no amount of wishing could change reality and alter the course of life. She simply took a deep breath and blew out the candles as Shyam applauded loudly in the background.

"By the way," she said, once the niceties were done. "Where is my gift? You can't get away with just my favorite cake!"

Shyam snorted. "As if I even tried."

And much to her excitement, he pulled her out of bed and secured a blindfold on her eyes.

"Bhaiyya!" she groaned, trying to rip the cloth off her eyes.

"Nope," he said, forcing her hands away. "We are doing it my way."

Khushi sighed and grasped her brother's hand, slowly edging through the room. She felt herself walking down the stairs, and eventually out the main doors into the chilly morning.

"Where are we going?" she asked, slightly shivering in the cool breeze.

"Almost there..."

"Almost? I am frozen already! Why can't you just give it to me upstairs?"

"Because it won't fit in your room silly."

Khushi now was really confused. "Won't fit? What on earth are you getting me that won't fit-"

She stopped mid-sentence as the blindfold was suddenly taken off. Her jaw dropped as she stared at her present - a gleaming, red convertible that looked as if it was snatched right from pages of a glamorous magazine.

It was Shyam who broke the silence. "I hope you like it."

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?! YOU ARE GIFTING ME A PORSCHE FOR MY BIRTHDAY?!"

A grin spread across Shyam's face as he watched his sister literally jump up and down in delight. He watched in satisfaction she ran forward and began to run her hands over the car, trying to convince herself that it was indeed real, that the obnoxiously fancy vehicle was indeed hers.

"OH MY GOD!" she squealed in excitement. "OH. MY. GOD. THIS IS ACTUALLY MINE?! HOW DID YOU EVEN KNOW? AND WHEN DID YOU GET IT? AND-"

"Calm down Meeti!" Shyam admonished, even though he felt nothing but joy at seeing the glee etched on her face. "You will wake up the whole neighborhood!"

"I DON'T CARE!! YOU DON'T GET A PORSCHE EVERYDAY, OKAY?! OH MY GOD - LET'S GO FOR A DRIVE!"

"Now?!"

"YES NOW!! MY BABY IS DYING TO MEET ME!"

"It's five in the morning-"

"Even better! The roads will be empty!"

"I am not going to encourage you to go over the speed limit-"

"Please? It will be so much fun!"

"What about Akash and Lavanya? I am sure they are dying to meet you!"

Khushi laughed at the mention of her two best friends. "Oh don't remind me - they came up with this stupid plan of a surprise' birthday party-"

"They told you about the surprise?! "

"No, they were trying to cover it up, but it was so obvious! Lavs brought it up literally every minute yesterday and then she would change the topic halfway through because Akash would glare at her. It was hilarious to watch them!"

"It's the thought that counts."

"Yeahh... no," she said, shaking her head. "The last thing I need is a party right now."

"Meeti-"

"I have the interview of my life tomorrow Bhaiyya! I should be preparing!"

"No, you shouldn't, because you have been preparing for it all your life. So relax and have fun today."

"You are a bad example of a parent, okay?"

Shyam grinned. "Never said I wasn't!"

And suddenly, without any warning whatsoever, Khushi threw her arms around him. "You are the bestest brother in this entire universe! Thank you so so much!"

"I didn't know Khushi Kumari Gupta can get sentimental," he said, patting her affectionately.

Khushi grinned. "Only because it's you and it's my birthday and this is the world's best present."

"JAYA!!" Khushi yelled, as she scrambled through her closet. "WHERE ARE THE EARRINGS I BOUGHT YESTERDAY?!"

Jaya hurried into the room. "I kept them in the first drawer Madamji."

"Oh forget it," Khushi muttered, closing the doors in frustration. "I'm getting late for class!"

"Should I bring your breakfast here?"

"No, I don't have time to eat!" Khushi answered, picking up her bag and walking out the door. "And don't bother cooking anything today, I'm gonna eat at Akash's house and tell-"

She broke off, having almost walked unseeingly into her mother, who for the first time in years, appeared to be smiling.

"Happy birthday Betiya," she wished. "I made jalebis for you... they are your favorite, na?"

Khushi didn't have to look down at the plate Garima was holding to know that they were indeed jalebis - she could smell them a mile away. There used to be days when she could finish a whole plate in less than five minutes. Of course, that was a long time ago.

"No, they are not my favorite anymore," she said coolly. "Jaya I'm leaving." 

And she walked away, determined to not let her mother dampen her day. She had just reached her car, when her phone suddenly rang.

"Hello?"

"Good morning Ma'am," said the unmistakable voice of a Bank Teller. "I am calling in regard of a cheque that bounced back from your account. It appears that you would have to re-deposit it."

"What cheque?"

"It's from Mr. Shashi Joshi."

Khushi felt her heart stop momentarily. "W-who?"

"Mr. Shashi Joshi."

She gulped as she hesitantly asked,  "What seems to be the problem?"

"The cheque is addressed to you, but it doesn't have the correct account number. It's best if you get it re-issued."

"Okay, I will sort it out."

Khushi hung up, not daring to believe her ears.  Of all the people she expected to wish her, Shashi Joshi was not one them. Of course, depositing a cheque was nothing out of the ordinary, but she knew him enough to understand that it was nothing short of a gift. 

Despite years of neglect, it appeared that he neither forgot her nor her birthday. So pushing all thoughts of her class and her brother's wrath, should he ever find out what she was up to out of her mind, she turned on her car, a sudden excitement coursing through her.

She steered through Delhi's streets, bustling with the morning traffic, to the richest area of the city. And within a matter of minutes, she was pulling into the driveway of the famous Joshi Mansion, which looked nothing less than a castle with its enormous size and magnificent design. 

Khushi vaguely wondered how long it must have taken to build a structure of such grandeur and more importantly, how much it cost to maintain it. Surely, the stunning lawns took a lot labor to look the way they did! However, her doubts vanished as soon as a butler opened the door, demanding to know the reason for her arrival.

"I'm here to see Mr. Joshi," she answered, promptly.

"Do you have an appointment?"

"Err... no. But he would want to see me."

The butler watched her skeptically, no doubt debating whether or not to pay heed of her request. After what seemed like endless minutes, he finally stepped aside to let her in.

"Please have a seat," he said, gesturing to a plush leather sofa in a lavishly decorated hall. "I will get Mr. Joshi."

And he disappeared, leaving Khushi to mull over the past, while she blankly took in the vast expanse of the room. Whether it was the majestic chandelier hanging above her, or the luxurious carpet underneath her feet, it was evident that everything was handpicked and artfully arranged.  An immeasurable amount of money was spent on the house.

"... well, tell him to look again! That tender was pathetic, and I'm not going to accept such-"

Khushi turned around, trying to locate the source of the voice floating into the room. Her heart suddenly picked up in anticipation, as a middle-aged man stepped into the room, talking angrily into his phone. Khushi hungrily took in his appearance, noting the numerous white hairs in what was once his jet black hair, the golden-framed glasses covering his calculative gaze and the perfectly ironed navy blue suit fitting his tall frame.  

Shashi Joshi changed a lot from the last time she saw him. 

He has barely taken two steps into the room, when his eyes fell on her and widened in recognition. "I will call you back," he said, snapping his phone shut. And looking straight at her, he asked in a voice full of contempt, "What are you doing here?"

Khushi was taken back to hear Shashi's tone. Of all the things she expected, anger was not one of them. "I-I..." she stammered, not knowing what to say. 

"Who let you in?" Shashi asked, not bothering to let her finish. "I told Tony very clearly, not to let anyone in without an appointment!"

Khushi tried again. "Ba-"

"Shashiii?!" a foreign voice called.

"I'm in the hall Juhi," Shashi answered, turning around, almost as if he wanted to avoid seeing his visitor.

Stung, Khushi watched quietly as an unfamiliar lady walked in, her heels knocking loudly against the marble floor. Being in her late forties, she appeared well maintained to say the least. Dressed in a beige coloured pencil skirt and a blue dress shirt, she looked nothing short of the women published in Business Weekly.

"Did you get the update on the tender we sent in yesterday?" she asked, in a no-nonsense tone.

"Don't worry," Shashi assured gently. "It's all under control sweetheart."

The woman - Juhi - laughed. "Of course you do. So silly of me to even ask! An-"

Juhi broke off as her eyes fell on the still figure of Khushi. "Who is this?"

Shashi grudgingly turned around. "This is Khushi Gupta," he introduced, the slightest tinge of hesitancy in his voice. "She just came by to sort out some paperwork."

Khushi didn't understand why Shashi was lying or more importantly, why he looked cautiously at the woman, as if he was seeking her approval.

"She looks a lot like her mother," Juhi said finally, her tone unmistakably cold. "Anyway, I'm getting late. I will see you at the meeting."

And giving Shashi a quick peck on the cheek, she departed the hall, leaving behind a very bitter silence.

It was Khushi who spoke first. "W-was... is she... w-who was that?"

Shashi raised an eyebrow. "I didn't think you would be the stammering' type... anyway, that was Juhi, my wife."

Khushi fell quiet.

"So, what is it that you want?"

"You sent me a cheque."

"Ahh...," he said. "Yes, the cheque. Well, it was going to be deposited in your brother's account as usual, but I realized it drew a lot of unwanted attention. So I asked my accountant to send it to you this time. I guess the amount isn't enough - I will ask him to increase it."

Khushi felt the words bite into her. "Y-you think I am here because the amount is not enough?!"

Shashi started blankly at her. "Well, yes. What other reason is there?"

She didn't answer.

"Well, if that's all you had to say," he said, letting out an impatient sigh. "Then I should get going. I think you can show yourself the way out."

Khushi stood rooted to the spot, as Shashi began to walk away. He was almost out of the hall, when he turned back and said, "Oh and next time, take an appointment before coming to see me."

And he left, without another glance. Khushi stared after him in complete disbelief. After sixteen long years, she had finally met her father. 

For those of you who were curious, Lavanya was hinting at Khushi's birthday in chapter 2. And as always, I couldn't resist finding a picture of Khushi's awesome car: 

Let me know what you guys think! I appreciate all your feedback  ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Archi

P.S. - Chapter 5 will be up Thursday/Friday 
Edited by -Archi- - 10 years ago
dumas thumbnail
So cute her brother bought her a Porsche funny is it she pushing and hating the mother who seems to want to give her all her love yet she insults her at every chance for the father who refused to even acknowledge she is his daughter to his other wife hell he even told her to make an appointment to see him and his wife reaction interesting opinion Khushi has wow loving the story loving the unfolding .

Edited by dumas - 10 years ago
-Archi- thumbnail

Wow that was quick! I didn't even start sending the PMs yet ๐Ÿ˜†
dumas thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Archi-

Wow that was quick! I didn't even start sending the PMs yet ๐Ÿ˜†

comment update 
was waiting now i am going to sleep the update rocked