Fan Fictions

ArHi SS: Heartbeat Radio - Completed - Page 7

ASRphanki thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
brilliantly written...:-)
Extremely pleased wid the writing and the words spinned !!!
The emotions are brilliantly depicted...
Definately BOOKMARKED!!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

greenteaholic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: 1chilly

Each chapter is a beautiful piece of writing.

Its a shame you don't have more readers.

But then its their loss.

Love the way you have written each chapter.

Thank you. I am grateful for what I have so that's that I suppose :)
meera30 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
This content was originally posted by: greenteaholic

Thank you. I am grateful for what I have so that's that I suppose :)

A lot of us could use that attitude :) thank you!!
greenteaholic thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: StripePurple

I understand why you are asking this question. Your writing is so totally different from the show that it would be a completely unfair comparison, but I can see how you take the basic characters and explore this question in Scars. Why they (she, especially) would like each other. Getting a glimpse of each other's vulnerabilities is a start on the way to acceptance, and death of loved ones is the biggest chink in the armour that both of them usually wear for the world. Death makes them equals, it sort of justifies a connection which is inexplicable in every other way. I loved all the contrasts you used in this one- there were quite a few. 

Completely unrelated, but I couldn't leave without quoting this from a personal favourite, The English Patient. 
"A love story is not about those who lose their heart but about those who find that sullen inhabitant who, when it is stumbled upon, means the body can fool no one, can fool nothing - not the wisdom of sleep or the habit of social graces. It is a consuming of oneself and the past. "

To continue the thought...and the heart is an organ of fire...and that's how these two are. I keep searching for logic in places where it doesn't prevail and get shushed by decade old quotes from arguably finest movie on angst driven romance. The contrast of their lives and personalities become unfairly familiar and it succumbs to this utterly unfathomable growing attraction.

Yes, it is consuming of oneself and the past becomes the first bridge to cross together.
greenteaholic thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: arshi-pooja

brilliantly written...:-)
Extremely pleased wid the writing and the words spinned !!!
The emotions are brilliantly depicted...
Definately BOOKMARKED!!!

Thank you :)
greenteaholic thumbnail

6. Provocative Envy 

She made home in the darkest corner of my heart and started to scrub away the wounds.

She strings the seemingly innocent words together which rhyme right but sound wrong. Pride laces those words and Naani looks at the younger woman fondly. Khushi realizes only half a heartbeat later that everyone in the room is expecting an answer. Including him. Including his girlfriend looking at her hopefully with her doe like eyes.

What Arnav's grandma wanted her to do made all the plans, flowcharts and scenario mappings she had patiently worked during weekend, flush down the toilet.

"Khushi doesn't have to do it." Arnav is the first to protest.

Provocative envy bubbles through her ribcage and she straightens her shoulder in defiance. "I can handle it," she says, unblinking. "I'll teach Lavanya how to be a good bahu," she tilts her head towards Arnav only for a moment and meets Naani's smiling gaze.

"You don't have to do it," Arnav says again, three hours later in an empty hallway. His eyes watches the way her right and left clavicle seem to meet and part, each time she breathed.

It alarmingly alluring and distractingly so.

"I will teach her everything I know." Including how to make you happy, she thinks.

His smile is tight. "Will you teach her the way your arms flail?" Conducting an orchestra that only I can hear? Her eyes widens. She thinks it's a joke. His soft eyes and slight rise in the corner of his lips say otherwise.

"I will teach her about...culture." Maybe then you'll realize how fundamentally different the two of you really are. Maybe then-

No, she shakes her head.

His lips curl in distaste. He has heard enough."Also teach her the joy of inclusiveness in everything she does." I may not miss you too much then.

He doesn't wait for her reply. She leans on the wall and clutches her heart through the golden threaded bodice.

I will teach her how to love you.

I will teach her the way you should be loved.

I will teach her the way I would have loved you.

I will teach her...to be everything I wanted to be with you.

She feels a part of her future just fell into darkness. But when she sees the family rejoicing with the latest addition, Lavanya, she gulps down the misery laced bile rising through her and forces a smile.

Arnav ignores her and refuses to partake in the cotton-candy sweet swirl his family seem to be surrounded with.

They are death and war wrapped into one.

StripePurple thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
But then, scrubbing away old wounds often creates new ones, no? 
That said, I'm glad you chose to look at this "teaching" Lavanya phase in the show. I thought it was incredibly puerile when it aired, many viewers did, but we accepted it as a necessary evil for the plot to move. I like how you have highlighted the sheer inanity of the whole exercise without being judgemental about it. 
StripePurple thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: greenteaholic

To continue the thought...and the heart is an organ of fire...and that's how these two are. I keep searching for logic in places where it doesn't prevail and get shushed by decade old quotes from arguably finest movie on angst driven romance. The contrast of their lives and personalities become unfairly familiar and it succumbs to this utterly unfathomable growing attraction.

Yes, it is consuming of oneself and the past becomes the first bridge to cross together.

Ah, a fellow fan. Even though the film ended up being terribly Hollywood-ised. But Ralph Fiennes' Almasy...💔 
greenteaholic thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: StripePurple

But then, scrubbing away old wounds often creates new ones, no? 

That said, I'm glad you chose to look at this "teaching" Lavanya phase in the show. I thought it was incredibly puerile when it aired, many viewers did, but we accepted it as a necessary evil for the plot to move. I like how you have highlighted the sheer inanity of the whole exercise without being judgemental about it. 

:) That was sort of point. I specifically didn't use "healing" for this very purpose. Because what they have isn't easy. It isn't simple. It is raw, gut wrenching, tears inducing, depression driver and gives bi-polar feelings of falling into pit of fire at one moment and soaring in clear blue sky the next.

With this, more wounds are only matter of time.
vgedin thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
With Arnav and Khushi, the silences always speak a lot more than words. Words are bitter but the heart is wistful...

How does one teach a person to love ? And that too love somebody in a certain way ? 

"Also teach her the joy of inclusiveness in everything she does." Thats what defines Khushi, isn't it ? For her joy is always a collective experience... one to be shared with everyone around. 

Also, isn't Lavanya's love just as true ? Isn't that worth respect in it's own right ?