Lakshman- Meghnad Battle -Superb Episode

EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago
I absolutely loved the episode today. Lakshman meghnad battle was very fierce..even after so many constraints I am glad that they pulled off a decent episode..very fast paced and a total thriller..i feel bad that Zee TV is stopping this show coz of poor ratings...

Neil was exceptionally good as Lakshman today...

I think as one of the member  said the actor playing vibishan has left the show..let us see how they gonna manage without him...

Next episode we will see Ravan coming for the epic battle...

Edited by nneeiill - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Transference thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
it wasa fantastic episode totally loved it!!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘Neil was excellent..Sigh it is going to end next week
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
They managed to pack all of Indrajit's battles into 1 episode.  They totally deleted the disruption of Indrajit's yagna, which was understandable given that Vibheeshan had to be the one to give them that news - there's no way Jambavan could have given it.  And as usual, they showed Indrajit sending the sudarshan chakra at Lakshman, when in fact, he sent the Narayanastra, which is a very different weapon.

One thing I'm glad at as a result of such a compression - they didn't show fictional scenes like Hanuman meeting Bharat or Indrajit meeting his parents a last time.  After the Sudarshan chakra didn't work, he used the same dialog there in the 2 other Ramayans one last time, and then got beheaded, and Ravan got back his body.

I guess that's the last they've shown of Lakshman's heroism.  Any bet that they'll show Lakshman-Urmila reunion next week?
EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7
I dont think we will get to see LU reunion considering the fact that next episode is the last one πŸ˜•
SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I am Going To Miss This Show So Much.

Hate Zeetv For Taking The Serials Off Air.😑
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

One thing I'm glad at as a result of such a compression - they didn't show fictional scenes like Hanuman meeting Bharat or Indrajit meeting his parents a last time.  After the Sudarshan chakra didn't work, he used the same dialog there in the 2 other Ramayans one last time, and then got beheaded, and Ravan got back his body.

Calling them "fictional" scenes might be a bit offensive to someone who is a devotee of Ramcharitmanas, Vrish. Though I get it that you believe in only Valmiki Ramayan, Hanumant meeting Bharat with the Sanjeevani parvat is from Ramcharitmanas as well as Adhyatma Ramayan (from which Tulsidas greatly inspired), and the latter was written by Veda Vyasa as per my understanding, so they're not "fiction". They're just stories from other sacred versions of the Ramayan. Fiction would be something that the CVs make up themselves.

Here are the verses from Ramcharitmanas where Hanuman meets Bharat.

It's a PDF document so I can't copy and paste the verses here, but the meeting with Bharat starts on Pg. 883.

Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 10 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
I read online that Indrajit advising his father to surrender to Ram is actually from Valmiki Ramayan. Don't know if that's true or not, but if someone has Valmiki Ramayan, they can look it up.

As the Valmiki Ramayana quotes, upon his Yagna being destroyed by the armies of Lakshmana, Indrajit became enraged and stormed out of the Temple Cave. Seeing his uncle Vibhishana (who had abandoned Ravana and joined Rama) at Lakshmana's side multiplied Indrajit's fury manyfold. He vowed to kill his uncle Vibhisana along with Lakshmana once and for all, letting loose the Yama-astra which he had been conserving for punishing Vibhishana's perceived treason. At this juncture, Lakshmana protected Vibhsana, countering the Yama-astra owing to an earlier warning by Kubera. Fierce battle ensued, and unable to injure Lakshmana by normal means, Indrajit resorted to the use of the three Supreme Weapons (Brahmastra,Pashupatastra, and Vaishnavastra) on Lakshmana. To Indrajit's great shock and dismay, each of the three weapons refused to even touch Lakshmana, with the Vaishnavastra circumambulating Lakshmana before disappearing. Realization dawned on Indrajit that Lakshmana was no ordinary human as he and his father had perceived. Indrajit vanished briefly from the battlefield, returning to Ravana at the royal palace, and reported the developments, proposing that his father make peace with Rama and protect the demon race from further decimation. Ravana, blinded with pride, was unrelenting and annoyed, and even suggested that Indrajit was a coward having fled the battlefield. This accusation provoked Indrajit who briefly lost his temper, striking fear even at the mighty Ravana's heart before apologising and clarifying to his father that his primary duty as a son was to serve his father's best interests, and that even in the face of death, he'd never abandon Ravana. Preparing to go back on the battle and knowing that he indeed faced death at the hands of a heavenly incarnation, Indrajit bade his last goodbyes to his parents and his wife. He returned to the battlefield and fiercely fought Lakshmana with all his skill at both warfare, and sorcery. Lakshmana was unstoppable, and slew Indrajit by beheading him with the Aindrastra (verses 71 and 72 chapter 90 Yudhkanda Valmiki Ramayana). Upon his death his wife Sulochana became Sati on his funeral pyre.[2]

The verse invoked by Lakshmana to slay Indrajit is considered by the devout as one of the moola mantras of the Ramayana:

dharmaatmaa satyasandhashcha raamo daasharathiryadi |
pauruShe chaapratidvandvastadenaM jahi raavaNim || 90-6-71

[O! my dear arrow!] If Rama, the son of Dasaratha, is ever firm on the staying the path of Dharma and Satya, and is second to none in his prowess, go forth and destroy this Indrajit.

Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 10 years ago
FrozenRain thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
It was a beautiful episode...love neil's expressions...n i felt indrajit better in acting compared to his other scenes...will surely miss ramayan...
LoLali thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
it certainly ws an awesome epi . . .enjoyed it a lot.
Princessdisha17 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

I read online that Indrajit advising his father to surrender to Ram is actually from Valmiki Ramayan. Don't know if that's true or not, but if someone has Valmiki Ramayan, they can look it up.

As the Valmiki Ramayana quotes, upon his Yagna being destroyed by the armies of Lakshmana, Indrajit became enraged and stormed out of the Temple Cave. Seeing his uncle Vibhishana (who had abandoned Ravana and joined Rama) at Lakshmana's side multiplied Indrajit's fury manyfold. He vowed to kill his uncle Vibhisana along with Lakshmana once and for all, letting loose the Yama-astra which he had been conserving for punishing Vibhishana's perceived treason. At this juncture, Lakshmana protected Vibhsana, countering the Yama-astra owing to an earlier warning by Kubera. Fierce battle ensued, and unable to injure Lakshmana by normal means, Indrajit resorted to the use of the three Supreme Weapons (Brahmastra,Pashupatastra, and Vaishnavastra) on Lakshmana. To Indrajit's great shock and dismay, each of the three weapons refused to even touch Lakshmana, with the Vaishnavastra circumambulating Lakshmana before disappearing. Realization dawned on Indrajit that Lakshmana was no ordinary human as he and his father had perceived. Indrajit vanished briefly from the battlefield, returning to Ravana at the royal palace, and reported the developments, proposing that his father make peace with Rama and protect the demon race from further decimation. Ravana, blinded with pride, was unrelenting and annoyed, and even suggested that Indrajit was a coward having fled the battlefield. This accusation provoked Indrajit who briefly lost his temper, striking fear even at the mighty Ravana's heart before apologising and clarifying to his father that his primary duty as a son was to serve his father's best interests, and that even in the face of death, he'd never abandon Ravana. Preparing to go back on the battle and knowing that he indeed faced death at the hands of a heavenly incarnation, Indrajit bade his last goodbyes to his parents and his wife. He returned to the battlefield and fiercely fought Lakshmana with all his skill at both warfare, and sorcery. Lakshmana was unstoppable, and slew Indrajit by beheading him with the Aindrastra (verses 71 and 72 chapter 90 Yudhkanda Valmiki Ramayana). Upon his death his wife Sulochana became Sati on his funeral pyre.[2]

The verse invoked by Lakshmana to slay Indrajit is considered by the devout as one of the moola mantras of the Ramayana:

dharmaatmaa satyasandhashcha raamo daasharathiryadi |
pauruShe chaapratidvandvastadenaM jahi raavaNim || 90-6-71

[O! my dear arrow!] If Rama, the son of Dasaratha, is ever firm on the staying the path of Dharma and Satya, and is second to none in his prowess, go forth and destroy this Indrajit.

Yes its true.. πŸ˜³ They showed it in the 1986 ramayan 😳