Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BarunDiwani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: Horizon

Dear ami, thanks a million for your warmth, welcomed  and kindness. I don't consider myself to be any creative contributor here but only derive pleasure being part of these wise conversations. I never thought I would come across some of the most intellectual writings through / for a mundane daily soap! So that admiration and astonishment will always be there. I guess time constraint is an impudent for all of us, and limits our participation. Again, thanks a lot for the encouraging comments. Pleasure is all mine to be a part of this elite group. 

I ditto all the Indi said about "aam junta" and i really wasn't fluffing anything up, you do  make us think so 👏 perfect ex that convo we had about Khushi's attraction to ASR...you get a whoop from Indi and now me so there i rest my case 😊
BarunDiwani thumbnail
Originally posted by cinthiann1758

Originally posted by indi52

Originally posted by BarunDiwani

Hi guys, 

Thanks to a comment ArshiH made on my 100 got me to explain something about the hug that i didnt bother to include in the analysis. According to me its interesting and want to know other points of views.

While Khushi was pouring her heart out to Arnav, was she expecting a hug in return? IMO, I may be the only one to feel this way but i feel like she wasn't even thinking about a returned embrace from him in her state of mind, she just needed to let it out, she just needed his shoulder to cry on. Then she finally came to her right mind, and looked up at him, and he looked down at her, there was a communication made b/w them that really scared her and that  is why she stepped back suddenly. I feel like it was just fear of her own feeling, and resentment at her self for  needing him (much the same way she yelled at herself after telling him EVERYTHING after the "sorry" scene). Arnav was def feeling bad that he couldn't comfort her but i don't think she was mad at him for not putting his arms around her. I feel him putting his arms around her would've snapped her out of her state of mind faster and caused her to take her head off of his shoulder sooner. just my POV, what do you guys think? 

i sort of agree with you. haven't read arshi's comment. but, no, she just saw someone solid, someone she could depend on, that felt like her own... she is surrounded by a family that is of course her own. yet not. somehow, some gene/dna/instinct of hers sees him as even more hers. plus, she doesn't have to be the strong one for him. for her fam, the strongest pillar is babuji, then strangely enough, it's chutki. i have a friend who is exactly like her in terms of their "pillar" status in the fam. some people, for a mix of complex reasons, just take on more. khushi is one of them.

but at this moment she needs someone to lean on. that is him.

she isn't even thinking of anything at this point, just seeking a place to let her feelings out.

and yes, ami, as she lets go, and slowly looks up at him and he at her, so intimate and close, a lot is said, and perhaps you are right, she is scared by how much and what is being said. as the real world asserts itself when her mind is finally pulled back into it, the incongruity, perhaps even the inappropriateness of the whole thing strikes this upright, honest, chaste chit of a girl and she leaves..

that "khushi" of his and her flight a mix of embarrassment, confusion, a lot of things. i liked the way the directors did this scene, especially her slow motion flying dupatta diappearance and his looking at it till the end, then she's gone, a strange desolation it left behind.

interestingly though, i think the venting on him, the warmth of him that she clung to, his breath so close to hers, all of it did what she needed at that moment... she did feel better after that hug. and focused more, went about doing what needed to be done.

if he hadn't come, she would have still done it, but the feeling of deadness in her, i can almost feel it. something in her lightened after his touch.

sometimes i ask myself, did he really need to put his arms around her to hug her back, wasn't he doing it anyway when he came running to see her and when he so wanted to put those arms around her?

it's 8 in the morning and thanks to you ami, i am thinking about us, why we do what we do. especially those two. feels real good. thanks, sir, for that question. 

i am posting thsi on 100 thread too. 😳

I so agree with the pair of you.  Kushi ran to him because he is her strength, her rock, her foundation even if she really doesn't want to admit it.  They had just spent time in Naintal and yes she was hurt by him there as usual, but something happened there, an intimacy.  He took care of her when she fell ill.  He placed a cool cloth on her head to help reduce her fever.  He never left her side and he protected her from those goons sooo he is her protector, her strength, her shoulder to cry and lean on.  It didn't matter to Kushi that he didn't hug her back
, it mattered to him.  It made him question why couldn't he hold her back.  It made him think.  When Kushi reaLIZED WHAT SHE was doing she became embarrassed; it was just too intimate.  I believe she felt uncomfortable about being comfortable with him.  She had to run away, not to face the reality of her actions and her familiarity with him.

HI Cyn! i'm glad we see eye-to-eye also. in purple, AMAZING observations and linking it here. I feel the same way, She knows he cares, maybe its the "how much" that scared her off. thanks so much for explaining so beautifully!

uncomfortable about being comfortable with him

just wow!

BarunDiwani thumbnail
Originally posted by ArshiHamesha

Hi guys, 

Thanks to a comment ArshiH made on my 100 got me to explain something about the hug that i didnt bother to include in the analysis. According to me its interesting and want to know other points of views.

While Khushi was pouring her heart out to Arnav, was she expecting a hug in return? IMO, I may be the only one to feel this way but i feel like she wasn't even thinking about a returned embrace from him in her state of mind, she just needed to let it out, she just needed his shoulder to cry on. Then she finally came to her right mind, and looked up at him, and he looked down at her, there was a communication made b/w them that really scared her and that  is why she stepped back suddenly. I feel like it was just fear of her own feeling, and resentment at her self for  needing him (much the same way she yelled at herself after telling him EVERYTHING after the "sorry" scene). Arnav was def feeling bad that he couldn't comfort her but i don't think she was mad at him for not putting his arms around her. I feel him putting his arms around her would've snapped her out of her state of mind faster and caused her to take her head off of his shoulder sooner. just my POV, what do you guys think? 

MY PONDERING THOUGHTS:I am not saying she was mad at her but she was baffled about this whole thing and yes I do see a hint of expectation which she did not get but she knows her position and she knows his too , as this whole thing was happened unconsciously and the momet he raised his hands to hug her and does not do it she opened her eyes and then first his expressions were painful towards feeling her pain and her tears and then he has a hint of question why did she move away as he was embracing her his way 😆 but then there is a hint of realization what just happened and he did not give her what she was expecting and then she stepped back when he called her"Khushi" by expressing his regret and nodding his head and she just does not want that public scene along with her fears so she turned and ran away
His regret couldn't let him stay calm as back and forth walk and then same thing in his head "may be she wanted me to say something  and why I couldn't put my hand on her-----" and then Anjali made this regret more strong "Yehi to mein use de nahin paya jab use iss ki sab se ziyada zaroorat thi-------Sab theek ho gyega"

When she is alone why did I need his shoulder to cry why did I cry infront of him as she does not want to show him her weakness as she was so vulnerable but her ego and self respect does not allow her to do so the same way she did after sorry why did I run away from there why did I share all those as that shows her vulnerability and just like him she is a little ASR does not want to share or show her weaknesses but she does and only him "expectation and dependence" is right there the  same way her reflection in the car viewing mirror when he asks her to take the money and go to your home by yourself and again she did not take money and gets down but her dependence which is totally unconsciously is there right seeing him leaving there with pain just like in this scene.She wasn't expecting hug or what ever but her expectation want him to embrace her with warm words of comfort which could be proven her strength as that's what she was looking for and all this happen unconsciously as he will do the same during Diwali kiss before Aman will do the damage to our hearts

Thanks so much Arshi for elaborating! 😊.  So in the blue the first paragraph, i think we both are just interpreting the scene differently.  

The way i looked at the scene, she just kept talking and he took it all in, she had no idea what was going through his head, in her state of mind, here was his shoulder and she cried away. It was only after she finished all her crying that she lifted her head as she slowly came back to reality...completely oblivious to Arnav's whole conflict, she looked up and he looked down, even with out the embrace, the look in his eye gave her ever reason to believe that he felt her pain, they were so close looking at each other, imo saw each other's souls (the gust of wind in the beginning suggest to me that it was their souls meeting). this scared her and she stepped back. and when he said Khushi again, yes he wanted her back in his arms, seeing her tears i think he wanted to embrace her but by that time it was too late, she wasn't in that state anymore... and as far as his pacing back and forth in his room later thinking that she wanted him to say those things but when she's alone we never hear her say "why didn't he hug me back?" it was more of why did i need him? similarly to her question herself after the " sorry" scene "why did i have to tell him everything?"

and what you say in purple i see what you're saying. But i feel the way he called out to her and how her pain transferred to his face (she noticed), how he stood there, didn't push her away (as ASR is very capable to being so mean) and how tenderly he looked in her eyes when she looked up at him are all attest to his being there because he cared. in fact i think its what she saw in tender look is precisely what scared her in addition to the realization that she crossed her limits.

I hope my points are coming through , great discussion! it's probably down to just how we are looking at one scene differently😊

BarunDiwani thumbnail
Originally posted by wiwy

Hi guys, 

I dunno. Cnt write much as am phone. I do not think K wud have run to or hugged  just anyone even though she was not in her snses. She needed HIM and if he had hugged her back she wud not have felt silly later.

Thanks Wiwy for your input, i agree, i  think she ran to him only b/c it was him, he made an internal call to her  and she answered and ran to him, what i'm saying is that she ran to him b/c every part of her being needed to let out all she was feeling, every bit, she couldn't be strong anymore and she saw him as her strength for some unknown reason to her. so i'm on the same page she needed him and only him,  but when she stepped away IMO it wasn't b/c she realized he wasn't hugging her back, it was more b/c she got scared of what she saw in his eyes when she finally looked up.  As far as the "silly" factor goes, she  may have felt silly but not because he didn't hug her back but b/c she found herself clinging to him and the way she poured her heart out to him.  after the "sorry" scene she also felt  sill for telling him everything.  anyway hope i make sense :)
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

from page 38 on thread #9, a chat about 100.

Absolutely agree with you Ami that she was NOT mad at him at all for not putting his hands around. She got what she wanted from him, as in while she regrets her weakness for this moment, she still goes on to share with him her pain AGAIN after the bill payment at the hospital.

Indi, amen to what all you said too... Yes, totally concur that Just his coming there running to see her was more than an indication to his consent and support to her from this otherwise taciturn man and importantly she is aware of that!
I am yet to read ur epi 100 analysis fully and i guess u mentioned about this dupatta the also. I am not quite sure if that left a feeling of desolation or as you always describe it is being a messenger to him even after she running away from him!

Interestingly as many mental health issues are resolved/ helped by counsellors as they are treated by psychiatrists! A counsellor mostly only LISTENS to the patient where as a psychiatrist provides medication. Yes Khushi is not in as much dire need as some of these patients but it only shows how important it is emotionally to have some one to pour all your worries to as much as a need for an I vestibule medication

which is HE here for her and it absolutely didn''t matter that he didn't reciprocate the hug, she ran only becos of her regret for her weakness for him!!

Don't worry Indi, it is 800 M for you and 1.00 am here for me .. I stopped consulting the watch some 22 months ago!! 

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
horizon,

what's time when we discuss love, huh? i haven't written 100 yet. still unsure. making my way slowly. 95 today. but hope to have it here this weekend.

dupatta as messenger, nice. maybe that dupatta in slo mo told him things and he carried it all back with him. it did feel lonely and sad too, such was the time.

imagine our taciturn man standing there lost in his thought again and again, wondering why he couldn't give her what she wanted and what she did want anyway. delightful. shouldn't he get back to work or something ha ha i am in a cruel frame of mind.

i liked your shrink and psychiatrist reference. she needed to let go for a bit. he gave her just that. that unflinching, steady shoulder and all the reassurance of his heartbeat, plus just the warmth of his clean, giving, being. she got solace.

just an interpretation. there can be several. all valid if you believe in it i guess.

everything my eng lit undergrad years wanted me to do about character, plot, interpretation, analysis, argument, i do now. tee hee, then i resisted every way i could and never understood the sense of such time waste. now, so grateful for those classes. 🤣
Edited by indi52 - 11 years ago
DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Lovely discussion about the hug - whether Khushi wanted Arnav to hug back or not. Here's my view.

When Khushi ran and hugged Arnav, she was looking for a way out of her inability to deal with the situation, to gain courage, looking for comfort and subconsciously she knew that Arnav was the answer. So, in a way, yes, she was looking for Arnav to reciprocate. She poured her heart out, told him that she has lost the courage to bear with the situation. Once she did that, her burden was lighter and she slowly came back to senses, found herself in his arms, and looked at him. I would say, she got her answer, her reciprocal in his eyes. She saw her pain in his eyes, his yearning to comfort her. She immediately moved away from him, because she was scared of what she was able to see in his eyes, scared of the intimacy they shared.

So, I would say, she was looking for him to console her, and she did get that consolation. Only, Arnav couldn't realise that.

DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Disclaimer: Please do not copy my work anywhere. If you do, please give credit.

Episode 100

Aalingan - Part 1

Khushi ke man ka peeda kanth tak bhar aaya
Ashruoan ki dhaar mein dhairya ksheenit hogaya
Is avastha mein sahayata ke anurodh par
Devi Maiyya ne Arnav ko upastit kiya
Khushi ke sainyam ka baandh toot gaya
Pragadhta se Arnav ko gale lagaya
Apne vilaap mein hruday ke bhay ko samaksh rakha
Bhavuk huye Arnav, magar Khushi par hast na rakha
Sahaanubhooti ke do shabd kehne ko man tha vyakul
Dheeraj usey bandhaane ka avsar tha anukool
Ek hokar bhi adhoora tha ye bandhan
Kyun na poorna hua inkaa aalingan?

Translation (Anuvaad):

Khushi's heart's pain came up to her gullet
In the flow of tears, courage reduced
On asking for help in this situation
Devi Maiyya presented Arnav
Khushi's dam of patience burst out
Hugged Arnav affectionately
In her wail, poured out her heart's fears
Arnav became emotional, but did not put a hand on Khushi
His heart wanted to say two words of consolation
It was an appropriate time to provide her courage
Inspite of being one, their bonding was incomplete
Why wasn't their hug completed?

Edited by DurgaS - 11 years ago
Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Originally posted by: BarunDiwani

Originally posted by ArshiHamesha

Hi guys, 

MY PONDERING THOUGHTS:I am not saying she was mad at her but she was baffled about this whole thing and yes I do see a hint of expectation which she did not get but she knows her position and she knows his too , as this whole thing was happened unconsciously and the momet he raised his hands to hug her and does not do it she opened her eyes and then first his expressions were painful towards feeling her pain and her tears and then he has a hint of question why did she move away as he was embracing her his way 😆 but then there is a hint of realization what just happened and he did not give her what she was expecting and then she stepped back when he called her"Khushi" by expressing his regret and nodding his head and she just does not want that public scene along with her fears so she turned and ran away
His regret couldn't let him stay calm as back and forth walk and then same thing in his head "may be she wanted me to say something  and why I couldn't put my hand on her-----" and then Anjali made this regret more strong "Yehi to mein use de nahin paya jab use iss ki sab se ziyada zaroorat thi-------Sab theek ho gyega"

When she is alone why did I need his shoulder to cry why did I cry infront of him as she does not want to show him her weakness as she was so vulnerable but her ego and self respect does not allow her to do so the same way she did after sorry why did I run away from there why did I share all those as that shows her vulnerability and just like him she is a little ASR does not want to share or show her weaknesses but she does and only him "expectation and dependence" is right there the  same way her reflection in the car viewing mirror when he asks her to take the money and go to your home by yourself and again she did not take money and gets down but her dependence which is totally unconsciously is there right seeing him leaving there with pain just like in this scene.She wasn't expecting hug or what ever but her expectation want him to embrace her with warm words of comfort which could be proven her strength as that's what she was looking for and all this happen unconsciously as he will do the same during Diwali kiss before Aman will do the damage to our hearts

Thanks so much Arshi for elaborating! 😊.  So in the blue the first paragraph, i think we both are just interpreting the scene differently.  

The way i looked at the scene, she just kept talking and he took it all in, she had no idea what was going through his head, in her state of mind, here was his shoulder and she cried away. It was only after she finished all her crying that she lifted her head as she slowly came back to reality...completely oblivious to Arnav's whole conflict, she looked up and he looked down, even with out the embrace, the look in his eye gave her ever reason to believe that he felt her pain, they were so close looking at each other, imo saw each other's souls (the gust of wind in the beginning suggest to me that it was their souls meeting). this scared her and she stepped back. and when he said Khushi again, yes he wanted her back in his arms, seeing her tears i think he wanted to embrace her but by that time it was too late, she wasn't in that state anymore... and as far as his pacing back and forth in his room later thinking that she wanted him to say those things but when she's alone we never hear her say "why didn't he hug me back?" it was more of why did i need him? similarly to her question herself after the " sorry" scene "why did i have to tell him everything?"

and what you say in purple i see what you're saying. But i feel the way he called out to her and how her pain transferred to his face (she noticed), how he stood there, didn't push her away (as ASR is very capable to being so mean) and how tenderly he looked in her eyes when she looked up at him are all attest to his being there because he cared. in fact i think its what she saw in tender look is precisely what scared her in addition to the realization that she crossed her limits.

I hope my points are coming through , great discussion! it's probably down to just how we are looking at one scene differently😊

Thnx Ami for this discussion 😊 of Hug  ,ok in purple above totally agreed she had no clue about his state as she never did in the beginning ,her realizations come later not now.But he felt her pain and he is here for her ,she knows that and that what scared her along with her closeness to him like that and she was not talking about why didn't he hug me back after ,but I do see always in her to expect some warm condoling words ,I don't why but I do may be I am wrong or as you said seeing it differently.
In blue I see their connection is getting towards telepathy without saying saying everything and mehsoos everything .

What I felt I always see through more from her eyes than him and that's what's making our POV different as he always read Khushi's state through her eyes as her eyes speak the truth and he did the same here and that's what bothers her and him as well.She became vulnerable and the regret came in his lap which he tried to shake off by pacing and feeling guilty and she did by feeling bad why did I needed him .You are right we are seeing same but saying it differently.

Mysticaldivine thumbnail
❤️

Originally posted by: DurgaS

Disclaimer: Please do not copy my work anywhere. If you do, please give credit.

Episode 100

Aalingan - Part 1

Khushi ke man ka peeda kanth tak bhar aaya
Ashruoan ki dhaar mein dhairya ksheenit hogaya
Is avastha mein sahayata ke anurodh par
Devi Maiyya ne Arnav ko upastit kiya
Khushi ke sainyam ka baandh toot gaya
Pragadhta se Arnav ko gale lagaya
Apne vilaap mein hruday ke bhay ko samaksh rakha
Bhavuk huye Arnav, magar Khushi par hast na rakha
Sahaanubhooti ke do shabd kehne ko man tha vyakul
Dheeraj usey bandhaane ka avsar tha anukool
Ek hokar bhi adhoora tha ye bandhan
Kyun na poorna hua inkaa aalingan?

Translation (Anuvaad):

Khushi's heart's pain came up to her gullet
In the flow of tears, courage reduced
On asking for help in this situation
Devi Maiyya presented Arnav
Khushi's dam of patience burst out
Hugged Arnav affectionately
In her wail, poured out her heart's fears
Arnav became emotional, but did not put a hand on Khushi
His heart wanted to say two words of consolation
It was an appropriate time to provide her courage
Inspite of being one, their bonding was incomplete
Why wasn't their hug completed?

👏👏👏 Durga I can't color any part as the whole is AWESOME .Love it and yes despite one soul still Adhoore❤️such a beautiful word aalingan"holding some one in a warm embrace" YES that's what was all about .ver deep and true emotive word which covers all up.Such a deep effect your poem is spreading.Thnx😊
Edited by ArshiHamesha - 11 years ago