Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zafi thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Awesome update.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘β­οΈβ­οΈβ­οΈβ­οΈβ­οΈβ­οΈβ­οΈβ­οΈβ­οΈβ­οΈ
I Loved it.
I wonder what prompted Arnavs dad to sign off his mansion to Shashi?
I remember you wrote that Khushis mom was from a rich family and they disinherited her when she married him.
Maybe they are related somehow.
I am glad that Arnav thinks Khushi is innocent.
I can't wait to read more.
Thanks.πŸ˜ƒ
Arshifan4life thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Interesting update wonder what arnav has planned
..Anita.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
What is Arnav thinking...I hope he does not use Khushi as a pawn
swati-89 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
That was very intriguing Abavi.

Loved the update.

So there is more to the story and how Sashi Gupta got the mansion. I will sit back and wait for u to unfold the whole mystery and not speculate any more as i am loving the way u r revealing the story as it is.

Do update soon.

abavi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

From the author's desk: Thanks for all your lovely feedback- for the first time in this FF, I got mixed reviews and I am totally happy for it...

For those who feel the FF is not moving fast enough... I do think the laying the foundation is necessary for the building to be strong enough to hold the twist and turns of the hurricane πŸ˜‰

Happy reading folks, Hope you all like this update

Chapter 4: Against all Odds

Part 2: Flaw(less) plans

Arnav was being introduced to the staff by the chief executive officer as the new MD and chairman of Raizada Properties when he recieved a call from his lawyer Mr.Roy.

He excused himself from his staff and went outside the conference room to pick up the call

"Tell me Mr.Roy"
"Mr.Raizada- where are you- I need to meet you" There was urgency in Mr.Roy's voice
"I am at RP - why what happened?"
"This is urgent and very confidential.. I am coming there right away"

Then the line went dead.  Arnav stood there thinking while the desk staff all stood or streached themselves to take a look at their new and young MD who had come to take the leadership after the Old man had expired.

Arnav was oblivious to all the attention he was getting or the blush that was creeping in the female staff as he walked past them and went inside the conference room where all the executive directors and officers were gathered to meet their new MD.

Mr. Roy strode fast into the cabin marked as MD and Chairman after the receptionist announced about his arrival to Arnav.

A curt "come in" was heard immediately after his quick knock on the door and he swayed the door open and walked in.

"Hello Mr. Raizada- Hope you are enjoying the first day at your office"

"yeah.. Its all settling in.. this is not the first time I am coming here though.. we have come here as teens"

"Yeah - right... but still - you didnt want to take this up- I believe you have a passion for fashion designing... Your
father always said so"

" Yeah... but now its all a past- or may be a future prospect- for now... I have to take up the reigns of this business.. Ok
tell me what is wrong"

"I was speaking to Mr.Kher about the property disposal.. and he wanted to have a look at the khattha certificate- you
know assessment of property owners by the government... "

"But doesnt he trust us? - these are all ancestrial properties"

"He does - but he says it is a huge amount involved and he wanted to be careful"

"Alright... thats fine... get it and give it to him.. how long does it take?"

"I have already applied for one- just in case... and "

"and what?"

"I am sorry to say this Mr.Raizada, the property that you wnated to sell - its no longer listed under the ownership of
the Raizadas"

"What do you mean? But but no one came and" Arnav's voice trailed off to silence

"It is all under the name of Mr.Shashi Gupta... everything has been transfered to him... the man who told you that he
owns the mansion..."

Arnav sat there in shocked silence...

"Do you have any idea why your father would have done that? Why this man? What is his relationship with your
father?"

Arnav shook his head slowly. He was still in shock. He had relied on the money from the property disposal for his
future plans.. but now everything was collapsed.

"you mean everything?"

"every single piece of left out land or property that you wanted to sell has been transfered to him"

Arnav stood up from his place and went and stood near the glass pane from where he could overlook at his staff...

After a long silence, Mr.Roy called him

"Mr.Raizada? Are you Alright?"

Arnav turned and looked at Roy. He nodded curtly.

"What do you want me to do now?" Mr.Roy asked.

"I think we wuold be able to decide further if we get the reason for this property transfer."

"Yes- that much is obvious"

" Call Mr.Kher and say that the offer for the property has been withdrawn- give what ever excuse that comes to your mind"

"Yeah - I will do that- But how do we get the reason from this man? "

"Did you get any news about the man Shashi Gupta?"

"yes.. the initial reports have arrived. This man is a Medical representative for a popular medicine brand. He is a widower.  His wife had expired 8 years back. He has a daughter, Kushi - she seems to do a lot of odd jobs- she works as a free lance journalist for a local newspaper- she is a volunteer for a NGO as well- which helps rescue under age kids who have been forced into working-  she sometimes teachs at an orphange nearby or sometimes helps in nursing the sick at the hospital where the NGO has contacts - she also takes tuition for her neighbourhood kids- Seems to be a a very popular figure in the neighbourhood- everyone seems to know her... "

"Cut details about the girl Mr.Roy- I wanted to hear about the man" Arnav snapped at him

"Sorry- I only got the basic details about the man- This report only talks about his profession and his family- haa
wait- there is a note which says he frequents the luckster club - the one where your father used to frequent too... "

"I know that already- didnt he mention us that he won the house through a Gamble?"

"I am sorry- I am not able top give you any other details right now... My man should call me anytime now with
further details... But what is your Plan?"

Arnav looked at the man impatiently and then sighed.
 He slowly went and sat on his chair

"I intend to work on the lines of ancestrial property terms Mr.Roy- that was not for my father to sell it or write it off like that... "

"yeah thats true-- but we need the property paper- originals for that- what we have for the rest of the properties are not the latest originals- according to the khatha certificate..."

"I guess it should be in Mr.Gupta's custody then"

"I suppose so too- But how do we get it?"

"The man even in his drunk state was not ready compromise on the deal- but he looked desperate enough to get the girl married- more than the desire for the property... I think he has a weekness for the girl- Her welfare is his foremost priority"

"yes I suppose so- so you mean to target the girl and then make the man bend to us?"

"No I think the girl would be able to do the job for us- with little pressure... The man has to give us the property papers to us.. We need to put him in a spot which will pressurize the girl to force him give the papers... "

"thats a good plan- quite unique and different- it is conventionally followed to only hit the weaker ones to bend the stronger ones"

"It is not in my style to hit the weaker links- also dont underestimate the opponent Mr.Roy- you will never know who is weak and who is not"

Shashi was inside the house, getting ready to go to work when he heard someone screaming for him outside.

"Shashi Bhai.. Shashi Bhai..."

"Arrey Sameer babua.. what happened..." Shashi asked as he saw the man holding his five year old son in his arms

"My son - Shashi bhai- he had high fever from yesterday evening-"

"Why didnt you take him to the doctor?"

"How will I Shashi bhai? month end... I took him to the government hospital  yesterday night... No doctor was there...
the nurse there asked me to bring him in  the morning- before I could take him today- he got fits"

"what about the Jeevan hospital? you should have taken him there"

"I dont have so much money Shashi bhai to support the treatment there...  Kushi knows doctors there na?"

"yeah she knows.. but she is not here now.. come in come in"

"I thought if Kushi is there- she will be able to help him... he got fits today Shashi bhai- for the first time... I am so
scared"

Shashi examined the boy as his father made him lie on the bed
"The fever seems high Sameer- thats why he has got fits...its lucky I have this injection in the ice pack with me... I
shall give him one injection- the temperature should get down"

Years of experience in medical field had given Shashi the advantage of medical knowledge and he admisinstrated the medicine into the kid's veins.

He also gave the father some more tablets to give the kid and sent him away advising him to monitor the kid and if he is getting worser to take him to the hospital right away.

As the man left, carrying his son, another man who was standing nearby along with the curious few spectators who had managed to gather around and watch the men nursing the kid, moved a little away and dialled a number in his mobile

Mr.Roy's mobile rang as he sat listening to Arnav.

"Excuse me Mr.Raizada- this call is from my man- hopefully we would have good news"

Mr.Roy recieved the call and spoke and listened into the line for a few minutes.

"Wait there- I shall call you back in 10 mins" Mr.Roy spoke into his mobile at last and then turned to Arnav.

"There is some good news... the Man seems to help his neighbourhood with free samples that he gets from the

company that he is supposed to give to the doctors for marketing purposes... he even treats the needy sometimes"

"But I dont think there is anything wrong about it"

"There is nothing wrong but they is a probability for something to seriously go wrong"

"and you think you can tap on that propability to tweek it for our convenience?"

"ofcourse yes"

"I have a feeling that this is not going to be good"

"Thats because you are new to this game- and too naive to think criminally"

Arnav screwed his eyebrows

"I dont want to take any step that would make me feel sorry later Mr.Roy- and I am happy the way I am- I am not

naive as you think- I am more politically aware of a working of a criminal mind"

"I am sure you do.. Mr. Raizada- But I suppose you leave this to me... this man seems to help people illegally- which is right according to him- A small mishap- he will be in trouble- we need to use this if have to put him in a tight spot- and in a tight spot he will surely succumb- and give us everything"

"I dont want any mishap to happen for my advantage..."

"that is a trait that needs to be developed if you are going to run this big a industry- you need to be ruthless"

Arnav smiled at him cynically

"Oh I am ruthless- when it comes to business decisions- but I dont play with life- I think he should be bound by contract to the medical firm that he is working for- not to sell the medicines... put him in a tight spot in that angle... put in a little pressure with police to get him arrested and file an FIR..."

"But how will that make him handover the property to you ?"

"Oh- there is a life threat involved in that selling of medicines- isnt it? make it an bailable offense or something"

"alright? and what do you suppose would happen?"

"Thankfully you have given me an insight of  his daughter's general activities - a social worker of that sort- is usually persistant on justice and stuff- that would make her come to us"

Mr.Roy raised his eyebrows
"Asking for her father's release?"

"Seeking answer for her father's unjustified arrest- according to her"

"Interesting- so you are going to talk your terms to her?"

"And make her do my bidding to her father- that is more effective in such cases- he would definetely listen to her then- and hand over the property papers... "

"Good plan- I feverently hope it works"

"It will "- Arnav turned and smiled at Mr.Roy "My plan always works"

The next day, amongst the nestle and bustle of the front office at Raizada Properties, a girl in her patiala patterned in flowery design and a white cotton kurta on top of which a dupatta of the same flowery design was draped carelessly which was again held in place by a cloth bag worn across her shoulders,  dashed inside the RP reception area.

Brushing away her hair which was all over her face as she rushed to the receptionist, she talked hurriedly

"I want to meet your MD"
"One minute mam" the girl at the reception spoke with a false stylish accent in her english "Are you Ms. Sheetal kapoor?"
"No I am Ms.Gupta"
"Do you have an appointment to meet Mr.Raizada?"
"No- But I have to "
"I am sorry Mam- you cant meet him without an appointment- - I will speak to him first and see if he is Ok with it"

Kushi stamped her feet impatiently as the girl called the extension on the quick dial and spoke briefly.

"Can you please wait here? His calender is actually full today- He said he will let us know if he gets some time"

"Like hell he will" Kushi muttered loudly- as she walked ahead and banged the door that led to the inner office open and walked straight ahead.

"Hey wait wait" the receptionist shouted after her

"Try and stop me" Kushi shouted back as the staff looked at her dashing ahead like storm. She only paused a little near the house keeper who was standing nearby to ask for directions and then she was climbing the stairs to the MD's room.

Haa.. I said the waves retreat but will hit back.. Didnt I? now you all can thank me.. for I brought back not just the waves- but a Tsunami! Will be back with an update really really soon if time and work permits...

Edited by abavi - 11 years ago
tanya_vi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
fantastic update!! this story is really amazing..your flawless writing has me whining for more..
rskumar thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

So every land and property is transferred to shashi gupta …now arnav is planning to arrest khushi father so that he can get properties paper…she is here to meet him.. lets see what happens..πŸ˜‰

lovely update

Edited by rskumar - 11 years ago
march2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
oh my abavi,its something si incredible
loving it...khushi is a social helper and so shashi also is a nice person well respected in society...
now,the last paragraph ending was so bad...i sincerely wish i knew u..gave u a call to update it😭
but alas have to wait...plz update soon...waiting for the tsunami
PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9
WOW was stalking this thread and got your update real quick. I agree with you - now Khushi is a Tsunami, Can't wait to see how Arnav Singh Raizada will react to it. But I liked Arnav's characterization here - He didn't want to play with anyone's life even if that meant him getting an upper hand. Why do I get the feeling that Arnav will eventually end up marrying Khushi for the property and then would finally figure out that he lost his heart to the fiesty girl. Looking forward to the 'Clash of the Titans'
koisk thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Interesting, let's see wat happens next, how both of them will stand their ground.