Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CDlove thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
I posted this elsewhere but Swathi's mention of Tom Hanks and his movie venture wanted me to post it again since there is an issue of criticism and inability to take it in the proper light is being discussed here.
These are a few quotes from famous movie critics on Actors' performances.

Negative criticism is never pleasant. It doesn't come wrapped in wreaths of flowers with pretty bows hanging from the sides. It's harsh and that's how reality works.
Here's a few examples of movie reviews which are nasty to say the least.

Actor, Pearl Harbor (2001)
Ben Affleck, Josh Hartnett and Kate Beckinsale give performances of such somnambulist awfulness that the three of them achieve an almost zen-like state of woodenness. This is bad acting above and beyond the call of duty; this is Purple Heart bad acting.
(Peter Bradshaw, Guardian)
Affleck, called upon to play someone stupider than himself, goes even deader behind the eyes than usual, and when emoting resorts to the kind of facial spasms that won him jeers of joyous derision at screenings of Pearl Harbour.
(Chris Tookey, Daily Mail)
Ben Affleck's goose is cooked with Surviving Christmas, a movie that makes Gigli look like one of the crowning moments in his career.
(Jami Bernard, New York Daily News)
Jennifer Aniston
Actress, Picture Perfect (1997)
Friends star Aniston will need all the friends she can muster when this grisly mess haunts her on late night TV where it deserves to be missed' Rock Hudson and Doris Day used to do this kind of fluffy romantic comedy fluff in their sleep. Aniston and Mohr do it badly, in other people's sleep.
(Alan Frank, Video Home Entertainment)
Christian Bale
Actor, Terminator: Salvation (2009)
Bale's belligerent, resentful facial expression is that of a stunned ox, or a vexed moose, or a rhino that thinks it's overheard someone calling its mum a sl*g.
(Peter Bradshaw, Guardian)
Jennifer Lopez
After four unsuccessful previous nominations for a Razzie, J-Lo won the 2003 worst actress award for Gigli. Her performance in this film makes her an early front-runner for 2005.
(Chris Tookey, Daily Mail)

This is how real world criticism works. A few comments about an actor's mumbling and diologue delivery can hardly be taken as worthwhile negative criticism when compared to the above examples.
Edited by CDlove - 11 years ago
khushix thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Seriously guys enough! Why are members arguing, mocking and instigating one another and bringing in other actors/issues when this is about Barun's acting in yesterdays epi? I wasn't kidding when i said WL will be raised after the previous note so wait for it. 

pisces25 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: -CoolChick-

@bold...i second u on that...😊

@red...i DO..😊

@blue...well i guess...if others do that for a certain actor itz fine...but if some1 does it for Barun...oo...i dont want to get into the labels...

AHAH! I know what you are talking about but lets leave the hypocrisy aside and forget about it.