4/4 Written Update/Analysis Unit: Bidhaai ke Samay

Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Here I my thoughts from the previous AU on the future potential of "the lie" in the story, if Aarti chooses not to bring it up now:

think this whole lie thing might work out really well for AarYa's relationship from a viewer's point of view. When they start having feelings for each other, this will be a factor in the back that creates tension in their relationship. As we know it is going to be a constant push and pull between them when it comes to their feeling, with one going two steps forward and the other going one step back, one going two steps backwards and the other coming one step forward, you get the idea.

Now if for some reason, Aarti just includes this lie as part of the samjhota of this marriage it could come into play really powerfully when she realises she is starting to have feelings for Yash or that he is starting to have feelings for her. She will be in a dilemma as to how she can rightfully feel these things when she has hidden such a huge thing from him, and will have a new surge of need to tell him the truth, and he can be confused about why she seems to be reciprocating his growing feelings but pulling away with equal force just as they are about to go one level higher.

The lie could very well serve the tension and the weight of the romance, adding moments of delicious angst and confusion from both characters

I feel like Aarti will be in an emotional-zombie state after having to give up everything she holds dear now, i.e. her name, her independence, her integrity, and even Prashant! She will tell herself that it doesn't matter if Yash knows the truth or not because she is just there to do a job, be a mother to his children.

Dubey I think pushed her beyond the point of caring and I think she will resign herself to a life of imprisonment with this lie, an imprisonment from which she seeks no means of escaping. But once she starts having feelings for Yash, she may want to escape the prison of her parents' lie but the thought of the results will hold her back, creating some wonderful conflict. She won't be free to love him and accept his love until this lie is cleared up but she doesn't know if she will have that love when he finds out...

I hope the CVs make good use of this story element. 😃

-----

Written Update

(I am doing it live so excuse if there are any typos or grammar errors)

Episode starts with the bidaai. Gayatri tells Yash he did her a big favour by getting married and tells AarYa to freshen up as they are eager to go home. All Zee TV saas-es come and tell Shobha not to be emotional. She is a legend for getting her DIL remarried. One of the saases says that the matchmaker from the first episode sent a bouquet and a letter saying that now that she has started doing PVs her business has gone up and wants Shobha to be a brand ambassador. The MILs leave.

Dubey tells Shobha he is proud of her and that every girl should get a MIL like her so they can have a second chance at life.

Vidhi and Pankaj's kids talking about marriage. Vedhika says she will get a court marriage because she is bored of all the elaborate ceremonies.

Paridhi's bidaai. Khanna tells Prateek to take care of Pari. Prateek tells Paridhi to take ashirvad and she says no need. This is not an exam. She says she doesn't feel like crying like she is supposed to. She tells Prateek to pinch her so she can cry like she is supposed to! 😆 Papa Khanna falls for it and tells her not to cry. She can call them any time and they will come to her house. Mama Scindia look horrified. 

Aarya taking Shobha's blessings. Take Dubey's blessings. He tells her to be happy. She says the dialogue about jhoot from yesterday's precap. Shobha tells her to forget what happened and concentrate on her present and future. Tells her Yash is everything and she should do everything to nibhao this relationship. Gets a promise from her to forget her past and never let its shadow fall on her present and future.

Gayatri introduces the bahus to her saas (her MIL, or SP's mother). She blesses them. She tells Yash his bride will take good care of her daughters because she can sense the overflowing maternal instinct in her. She tells Yash he did the right thing. She says Pari is pretty too (ouch!) and Khanna daddy says she takes after me! 😉😆

Gayatri tells Paridhi that it looks like she never learnt how to do pranam properly, jhukke. Compares her to "Arpita" who did it perfectly and tells her to do it properly from next time. Viciously.

Ansh is holding a stuffed flower over his head and the girls are saying they want it. Lots of noise and awkward looks. Gayatri says these kids fight one minute and the next they will be friends. Aarti runs towards Ansh because he is stainding on a table and almost falls. Gayatri stops her. Ansh falls and Aarti runs toward him, loosening her knot with Yash. She is all worried about Ansh. She gets tears in her eyes when Ansh is hurt, she explains. Ansh says sorry. She asks PayLak if they got hurt. Payal sticks her tongue out and they run away. Aarti sees Ansh's booboo and says she will get medicine. Gayatri disapproves of her affenction to Ansh where she forgets about everything.

Aarti cleaning Ansh's wound. He tells her he is faking his pain and his happy about the marriage. He is excited to go to Naye Papa's big house. Ansh runs away from Aarti.

Gayatri tells Scindia that she can't wait to go home. Hopes Vidhi has not forgotten anything for grihapravesh. SP asks her

Bua tells Gaya congratulations for two new bahus. But she hopes PayLak will get love. Poisoning Gaya's mind saying look how Aarti ran to Ansh with no concern for anything else. Will she have any time for Yash's kids with her son in front of her eyes all the time'ERGH! Gayatri looks scared.

SP comes and Gaya justifies her fears. This is why she wanted a girl and not a mother for Yash. She says she has never defied her husband but for the happiness of her house she says he has to agree to her decision'.aand'he walks away.

Dubey asks Shobha if she has packed everything and she says yes. Gayatri comes and says she has a request and she hopes they won't deny her this time. They will take Arpita today and Ansh after 10-15 days. So the Dubeys can keep him for a few days. She says not to mistake her but that Arpita has to join their family and if she is concentrating on Ansh, how is that possible? How will she look after Yash and his kids? She broke the knot and ran without thinking. Shobha tries to reason but Gayatri stops her. She calls her Aarti! How will Aarti do the grihapravesh if she is running after Ansh? Shobha tries to reason but Dubey stops her and agrees to the condition (how far does he think he can push Aarti? 😡). Gayatri says thanks for respecting my word.

Shobha is shouting at Dubey saying Aarti got married for Ansh and how could Dubey think of separating them? Aarti hears. Aarti is crying and looking angry and says, "What will I say? I will do whatever you tell me as I am indebted to you. Whatever you say I will do. You said get married, I did. You said agree that Prashant is dead, I killed him. You wanted me not to tell Yash that I was a divorcee and I stayed quiet. Now if you say leave Ansh I will and I should because you broke all ties with your son for me. I am not neglectful of my debts. I will listen to everything you say and do just that."  Shobha and Dubey looked shocked and appalled.

Precap for tomorrow: Shobha is begging Gayatri not to separate Aarti and Ansh. They show a close-up of Yash (he better actually be there as he is the only one that can do something about this appalling state of affairs and his mother's cruelty!)

-----

I am so mad at Gayatri today. 😡😡 She was really awful in putting that condition forward and seems so shortsighted when it comes to Aarti and her potential as a part of their family. She cares more about Aarti completing the rituals now than she does about her eventually being a good mother for the girls. Of course no Indian soap is complete without a mythology reference and here Gayatri was the perfect Kaikeyi with buaji as her Mantara. The latter stirred the embers of what was already in Gayatri's mind. My question is, what are the bua's motivations? It could be one of a number of things that we discussed, her bitterness, her own attachment to Yash's kids. It makes me wonder, did she have any kids that she was forced to leave behind in her sasural? Also, I love how everyone conveniently forgot that Aarti asked if the girls had gotten any chot and their rude response!

I am so glad that they had that scene with the dadi saas who was that ever beloved elder who speaks the absolute truth almost prophetically. I hope she tortures Gayatri in return and supports Aarti. I loved that in all her aged omniscience she could see the maternal quality just phoot phoot ke flowing out of Aarti's being. Yash too has seen that and he didn't even seem surprised to hear his grandmother echo the feeling.

I actually found PraDhi's scene the highlight of today's episode. They were so adorable, especially Paridhi who was being so honest and uninhibited with Prateek. I love that about her. Whatever she is, it is all out there. But I did get a sense that she was unaware of everything she is leaving behind because this is her "happy ending". To cry at the bidhaai, you have to feel the loss of something and though we can see that Paridhi will be losing a lot in this marriage, she is yet blind and numb to that loss in all her joy, that she doesn't feel like crying. I thought asking Prateek to pinch her was hilarious, though! They have such a cute friendship, these two that though she may scandalise him sometimes, he is always surprised and refreshed by it. However, that my change slowly as he was kind of awkward when she said she didn't feel like following the bridely norms.

Gayatri was not only a witch to Aarti but to Pari too. I can't help but feel bad for her because she has to get her thrills this way, being so oppressed herself. Paridhi, though she didn't believe in taking ashirwaad, did so obediently showing that she is willing to learn and compromise for this relationship. But instead of appreciating this Gayatri viciously and sarcastically attacks her for her lack of culture and, ironically, compares her to Aarti, who is apparently here. It looks like Shobha plans to divide and rule. By constantly comparing one bahu to the other, she is trying to create resentment between them. But I really hope they don't fall for it!

Something I thought was really interesting was that Gayatri called Aarti, Aarti, when she was asking for her to be separated from Ansh for the first few days. To me this was her saying, fine I agree not to change her name, but you have to agree to this significantly worse condition of mine. So now that Arpita's parents are gone, she no longer needs the name thing and switches it for something else. That is utterly slimy! And Dubey again agrees! 😡 He was ready to keep Ansh forever after all.

Why do I get the feeling that Gayatri plans to push the 10-15 days to a month, to two months, to six to a year and then say, well now it is too late for him to come into our house. God I am just so angry at her today!

But Aarti was fabulous in her cold blackmail. My prediction came true in a sense. Dubey's words pushed Aarti past the point of caring what she does anymore. She will be entering this marriage in a zombie-like state and it will take all of the girls' and eventually Yash's love to get her out of all this pain.

If Yash doesn't do some herogiri tomorrow, I will be thoroughly disappointed. And if this thing with Ansh goes through then I am going to be furious at the makers!

Edited by Samanalyse - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

skanda12 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Hardly has the bidaii been done ... but the politics of the new household that Aarti is going to has started in full momentum! Today's episode for me was all about the different strands of politics rearing its ugly head at the Scindia's ... ESPECIALLY THE POLITICS OF HOW THE DAUGHTER-IN-LAW SHOUD AND SHOULD NOT BEHAVE ...

Here's how the Scindias are beginning to draw the family lines for their new bahus ...

THE POLITICS OF HOW THE DAUGHTER IN LAW SHOULD BEND TO ELDERS

Paridi was the recipient of the new code of ethics of the Scindia household of how to bend to touch the feet of elders, or rather how much to bend to touch their feet. Merely bending two inches like Paridi did would be considered insufficient, and instead like Aarti a bend of at least two feet was henceforth the norm. (To Paridi, whose family barely believes in such things, even two inches must have felt like too much of bending!) The tone Gayatri used to chastise Paridi was an art in itself. The comparison between the daughters-in-law and their deep bends was deliberately made to ensure they were both objects of competition to each other, going forward. The policy of divide and rule has been well begun!

THE POLITICS OF WHAT THE DAUGHTER-IN-LAW SHOULD GIVE PRIORITY TO

Bua did her wonderful piece of oration by explaining to both her brother and her bhabhi about how Aarti should not be allowed to care for Ansh too much as she may then stint her care of Yash and his daughters. It seems as if Bua was giving advice to the wrong people, because both Gayatri and Papa Scindia were clearly already of the same mind! What the daughter-in-law's priorites should be is being decided for her and not with her! Clearly what Aarti's deems fit as the priorities in her life do not count. She is being judged and condemned as incapable of loving and caring in all different directions, and so a queue is being created of the individuals she should care for first and then second and then third. Ansh seems to be last on this queue ...

THE POLITICS OF WHEN THE DAUGHTER-IN-LAW WILL BE DEEMED AS INTEGRATED

The fact that the Scindias feel that Aarti should come to their house without Ansh so that she can have the time to fully immerse and integrate into her new family "without distraction" seems to be another major rule of the Scindias. Did they even stop to consider what exactly this "integration" means to a daughter-in-law who is forced to abandon her own child and is perpetually missing him as she goes through a period of integration? Is this a job Aarti has applied for where she has to pass through a period of probation before being "confirmed"? Is it certain that Aarti will be free of distraction if Ansh is not there, or will she just be as distracted because he is not there?

THE POLITICS OF WHO WILL RULE THE DAUGHTER-IN-LAW HEREAFTER

There seems to be  a subtle change in the power dynamics between the elder Scindia and his wife now. Till the marriage was being conducted it was his kingdom and his rules. Now that the daughters-in-law have come, he has with great planning and foresight relinquished control of all further schemes to his wife. Notice how Gayatri said "This time you have to accept what I want", and notice how Papa Scindia just left the scene without even betraying what he was thinking! He is too clever a man, who knows when to involve himself and when not to. The Scindia rule for daughters-in-law seem to involve their "direct reporting to and appraisals by"the saasuma, with only indirect reporting to the saasurji!

You know, I seriously wish one of the bahus has the presence of mind to record all that the saas and sasur are upto so that Yash can hear and see the video and understand the kind of politics that he is bringing his new wife into.

I wonder if he knows what his parents are like when it comes to the daughters-in-law, or whether he is totally not in the know of things. If he doesn't know what happens behind his back, he will never be able to support Aarti properly and will always have to hear it all second-hand from Aarti herself, instead of getting a first-hand picture himself by involving himself more fully in the family goings-on.

When I see the relationship that the in-laws have built with Vidhi, I suspect Vidhi was the type who became accommodative very fast and learnt the art of herself manipulating the in-laws a bit here and there to get her way when necessary.

But I wonder how the welcome and treatment of Arpita was in this household when she first got married. I wish we had a way of comparing the way Arpita was treated and taught the Scindia rules versus the way Aarti - and even Paridi - are being treated and initiated.

We can often excuse such behaviour by the elder Scindias saying "Paridi did show a refusal to touch feet, and Aarti did run after Ansh with the ghatbandhan" ... maybe the two new daughters-in-law were a bit too ready to do their own thing and did not make a careful study of the family they were entering.

But its not what the Scindias said, but the tone they used and the politics of their rule-laying that has hit me with force today!

Edited by skanda12 - 12 years ago
EnchantedForest thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I really hope they talk today but I have to go to class. Catch up with you guys later. Yup is was just as I predicted as soon as the wedding is over that WITCH Gayatri is working her politics to separate mother and child. How can a women be so heartless? She has all the concern in the world for her granddaughters not being left motherless. But she doesnt mind leaving Ansh parent less. Yep this is what I was fearing. Poor Aarti must be regretting her decision more than anything at the moment. But we all know that things will start going uphill within a matter of time because otherwise there will be no point to this serial Punar Vivah. The point is to prove remarriage can work. But the question is do all remarriages have that fairy tale ending they show in movies? We know that Coniving Snake BUas and heartless inhuman Gayatris do exist? But do happy endings?Edited by Gurtiluv - 12 years ago
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8

Samana Brilliant piece of writing 👏👏...We hv discussed about the potential of this lie in previous AU thread too and even I feel this one Lie can play an interesting catalyst in AarYa relationship once both start falling in love with each other 😳😳

Episode Analysis

Today was a filler episode of sorts ..mayb they did not want to show major happenings today itself after last 2 days of hectic shaadi and also with IPL starting today ..so a filler of sorts 🤔 ...but at least I m hoping Yash will intervene in this matter and make sure Ansh comes with Aarti tomorrow which will b the first positive impression Yash will put on Aarti when everyone from Shobha to Mr.Dubey will fail to convince Gayatri  but Yash will rise upto the occasion and will come in Aarti's support 😳😳😳 ...

Yash tomorrow will b all set to fulfill the first vow which he has taken according to which he will always support his wife in times of crisis 😳 ...Even though today Yash saw over the top concern of Aarti for Ansh which made her run towards Ansh without thinking about anyone that moment but Yash also saw a mother in Aarti who was quick to run towards Ansh for his safety and she also made sure to ask Payal-Palak later if they r fine knowing that they r actually fine 😳😳..Since Yash is shown to b a silent observer ,so somewhere he will observe that all the motherly feelings of Aarti will come out only in presense of Ansh and only then she will b able to give the same motherly love to his daughters as well and so he will decide that Ansh will come with Aarti during bidaai itself 😃😃😃

All these instances will slowly make Aarti develop feelings for Yash as she will b able to see the real difference between a Prashant and a Yash 😳😳 ;Today when Aarti is feeling all helpless under the pressure put by Mr.Dubey and Gayatri ,it will b Yash who will b her saviour ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ; Somewhere Yash's honest decisions will make Aarti more comfortable in sharing the real truth with Yash later 😳😳...Also her doubts regarding Yash's intentions will b automatically cleared once Yash intervenes tomorrow and opposes his mom's decision 😃

Coming to the other parts of the episode ,I can already see Paridi wont b able to adjust herself in this family  ;Pratik and Paridi might soon move out of the house or will hv their own nuclear family in same house because Paridi seems to b a bit stubborn and is not going to follow those conservative set of rules ...What I woud love to see here is if Aarti and Paridi can bond together thus teaching few good lessons to that Gayatri 😡😛😆...

Aarti seems to b holding all the grudges against Dubeys now after yesterday's confrontation regarding the lie  ; She has made a compromise with her life but on a bitter note ... I guess only Yash can make her feel lively and positive once again by making sure all her wishes r fulfilled after marriage 😳... If Yash tomorrow stands up for Aarti then I m sure Aarti will not waste any time in telling the truth to Yash ...🤔 

I m a bit confused about Mr.Dubey here ..first he forced Aarti to go ahead with this marriage with a lie and then he stops Shobha from arguing with Gayatri regarding Ansh issue and accepts their decision so blindly 😕😕...Why I feel Mr.Dubey does not want to give away Ansh with Aarti since Ansh is part of their family blood and so Gayatri's decision might hv come as blessing in disguise for him and so he instantly stops Shobha 🤔

Overall a filler episode but a good build up for Yash to finally show his herogiri and support for Aarti 😎
Edited by jyoti06 - 12 years ago
-Kash- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Looking forward to AarYa's relationship now, can't wait, hopefully we'll get their first interaction by tomm and Friday! =D
Indomitable thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
But i really want Aarti to disclose her truth to Yash at least Yash  now , coz i don't want their relationship should start with any misunderstanding or with a lie. 😉 Edited by Indomitable - 12 years ago
laxmi2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Engager 2 Thumbnail + 5
I don't really care exactly when Aarti finally tells the truth to Yash as long as it's not twenty years later, but I hope that she doesn't do it in a stupid way.  Honestly, I get so tired of shows where the people end up making mush of their attempt to tell the other person something difficult by doing it in a way that even a two year old would know would be misunderstood.

Okay, so let's see what is going to happen today.

Edit:  Actually I think I'm analyzed out from yesterday, so I don't blame the CVs for also taking a step back and giving a filler epi.  I haven't even had a chance to watch the epi yet.  I just want to say that I expect Yash to come to the rescue like his true self, but the question is, will Aarti become aware that it is Yash who was able to put his foot down and take Ansh with them?  Because if she doesn't, if she thinks it was someone else's doing, then I'm going to be disappointed.

Double edit: It looks like Aarti has landed in the Dragon Club's clutches before even arriving to her new home.  I think that from tomorrow the thread should be known as 'Dragon Club formerly known as Analysis Unit.'

Edited by laxmi2010 - 12 years ago
jyoti06 thumbnail
OMG OMG Gayatri decides only Aarti will come with them and not Ansh ...She tells Dubeys that Ansh can come after 10-12 days ..matlab indirectly she is making plans to make sure Ansh never comes to Scindia house after she sees Aarti's concern for Ansh when he falls down from table
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I put the first part of the WU on the first post. All who are waiting can read while we wait for the rest of the episode. 😃
jyoti06 thumbnail
@Samana :Edit the title as well saying written updt+analysis unit ..so everyone will know update is here 😳

@All :Aarti tell Dubeys that fine I m doing everything that u all want me to do in the name of karz ..she had disgust in her face ..poor girl 😭,..

I feel Yash will stand in Aarti's support and will say Ansh too will come with us  😃