FF: Almost lovers (3): Link to new thread Pg 1

maan-ki-sanjana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
  • Thread 3- amazing! I never thought this story would go this far!
Its all because of you lovely readers!

😃

ALMOST LOVERS

-------------------------

Summary:

Geet and Maan are married but we can see that the relationship is not what it seems.

Through flashbacks we see that Geet was in a relationship with a man named Rehan, who was also her best friend. However Maan fell in love with her and through means that are still unknown made her marry him.

Rehan had left Geet's life but after a long time they meet again at a party. Through the party we see the three interact and get an understanding of the dynamics of their relationship.

Geet is resentful towards Maan for a betrayal in the past and as such their relationship is still under a cloud of resentment and silence.

--------------------------------

Thread One:

Chapter One: Haunting Past - Pg 1

Chapter Two: Two Different Love Stories - Pg 13

Chapter Three: Mismatch - Pg 29

Chapter Four: Stalked - Pg 42

Chapter Five: The Other Man - Pg 60

Chapter Six: Fatal Attraction - Pg 77

Chapter Seven: Closer to the Prey - Pg 91

Chapter Eight: Anger - Pg 106

Edited by maan-ki-sanjana - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

luvraj4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
congrats for the new thread...
LadyArwen thumbnail
cool dear... new thread... just wish that Geet gets some sense into her brains... and refrain from destroying the already ruined Maan... his past (whatever it is) has already ruined him as a person and now when he wants to reform this is what she is doing... by the by nice job dear...
TanuDDian thumbnail
congarts on ur new thread
-memorable- thumbnail
congrats on new thread

will be waiting for update
zaqxsw thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Congrats on the new thread...
Me waiting eagerly for the update...
Loquacious_Aash thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
congrats to my SAUTtt

pearl_warrior thumbnail
Awesome ff...👏
Very nicely written...👍🏼

So its TIT FOR TAT...
Whatever Maan did to Geet, she is doing it to Maan...That too in the very same way..
The way he threatened Handa Constructions, Geet is doing the same to the Khurana Corporates..
He destroyed the bubbly innocent Geet...He disgraced her in public...And he claimed that he loved her??He was so obsessed with her that he didn't even realize that he was hurting her to an irreparable extent..

Maan deserves every bit of what Geet is doing to him..He should also feel the pain she went through when he was doing those things to her..

I think you mentioned that there was a time when things were perfect between themm..But I guess when Geet came to know about the truth, the situation became like the one which is presently ongoing..

As the story is progressing n Maan's stupid tactics to get Geet are opening up, I don't think they are ever going to reconcile..But please make it a happy ending...We know that both love each other madly...

Please pm me the next time you update!!
maan-ki-sanjana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

ALMOST LOVERS

Chapter Seventeen

Lack of faith

Great height of love leads to

The pain of falling

The shatter of broken dreams,

The culmination of a storm,

Trust built like bridge,

The slow decay causes crumbling,

The loss of faith destroying,

The connection between souls

-----------------

PRESENT:

It was chaos galore in Maan's mind after the incident with the reporters. Maan could feel the vein on his temple throb as he tried to control his volatile temper. Others may not know or understand his wife but he knew that her words were said with deliberation and hidden intent.

It was no secret that she felt animosity towards him. He faced it every day and it was his penance for acting the way he had.

But that didn't mean that he wouldn't try to find out her game.

"What is it that you want?" He tried to keep his voice steady as they stood in their bedroom. He wanted everything to come out into the open.

"What do you mean?" Geet said in a mock innocent voice. "What are you implying?"

"I know that you are doing something and its related to Khurana enterprise" He felt the words burn his throat as he said them. "You lied to me the last time I asked"

"I meant every word" Geet smirked. "I have nothing against Khurana enterprise. So why don't you ask the question that is burning within you"

"You are planning something against me then" He didn't ask it as a question, instead realised the fact.

"Maybe or maybe not" Her smirk was more pronounced. "But, let us say hypothetically, I was to plan something, what would you do? Go against your own wife and tell the world how it was your wife that brought your downfall? They will then want to know the reasons and I don't think you are ready for that"

Maan didn't feel anger for he could never truly be angry at her. It was guilt because the Geet he had known would have never felt the need to take such an action. Geet Handa hadn't understood the concept of something vicious as revenge and destruction.

So he slowly walked up to her and stood right in front of her.

Gently he laid a hand on her cheek, for he knew that she wouldn't shove it away. It would be a sign of weakness if she was to move and Geet Khurana had destroyed all her weak points. She would just stand there, letting him know that he had no effect.

"If you want to destroy me'.go ahead" He leaned his head against hers. For a second he closed his eyes, wanting to savour the moment of being close to her even if it was an illusion.

He was a man starved from her love. If he hadn't experience her love maybe it wouldn't have been as bad but they had shared beautiful moments, before everything fell apart. He wanted her to remember those beautiful moments and bury the past. "If it would help you I would let myself burn" There was such regret in his words but he meant every single one of them.

Geet took a step back and looked at him right in the eye with a blank expression. "Words are easy and simple but actions are what count. You will always remain a selfish man who only thinks of himself. You think you love me but the truth is that you are plagued by your inability to love, instead trying to create a facade of an emotion you have no concept of."

She walked away, leaving Maan to glare in frustration behind her.

Why did you believe me when I lied, yet cannot see the truth? HE wanted to scream out to her but he knew that it was useless for she was blinded by the betrayal he had wrought on her. He wished he could make her understand that, yes he was selfish for her love but more importantly he wanted her to be happy. He hadn't know how to love but he learnt it after meeting her.

Her happiness was now he prerogative and priority but she had let go of that emotion.

But just as she was oblivious to his pain, Maan didn't see the way Geet's hands were clenched as she walked away and couldn't see the tear that slid down.

This insanity will burn both of us but you began the game and I'll be the one finishing it, she thought even with the pain in her heart.

--------------------------------

PAST:

Geet stared at Rehan with beseeching eyes. The gloomy silence around them was stifling her in the meaning they gave.

Rehan had been her anchor ever since she was a child and today more than any other day she needed him but it frightened her to think that he would not believe her.

"I swear that nothing happened" Geet finally broke the oppressive silence, "He was just fixing my dress"

Rehan just remained silent, staring out of the window. There was a contemplative look on his face, as if he was weighing his decisions. It made Geet's stomach churn with anxiety.

He trusts me, I am sure he does, she tried to tell herself despite the doubts creeping within in her. Ever since she was a kid he knew everything about her, so if he doubted her everyone would.

Rehan closed his eyes at the pain within him. He had loved Geet ever since he could remember but he always felt unworthy of her love. Today he had gotten the proof he needed.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Rehan asked in an emotionless voice.

Geet was confused with the questions, "What do you mean?"

"If you wanted to be with him, you could have told me." Rehan turned to her with burning eyes that bellied his cold tone. "I love you enough to want the best for you"

"REHAN!" She screamed out, "It isn't like that, Maan is just a friend!"

"Geet my own father saw it with his eyes" Rehan ran a frustrated hand through his hair. "He told me that he saw Maan unzipping your dress. And you were standing there, letting him do it"

"But-" Geet tried to protest but was cruelly cut off by Mr Parekh.

"Leave my son alone!" Lalith screamed out. "You are a typical rich girl, trying to have fun with the a middle class boy just for a lark!"

"Uncle yeh app kya keh rahein hai?" Geet was shocked because she had known Mr Parekh for so long and had never heard him raise his voice.

"I am saying the truth!" Lalith's face had gone red with frustration. He didn't want to do this but fear of Maan Singh Khurana was a strong a motivation. He didn't want his son to suffer for loving this girl. "I saw what you were doing with that man!"

"Rehan, trust me!" Geet entreated Rehan again, realising that Mr Parekh was hell bent on disgracing her. "I didn't do anything with Maan!" She felt the tears of frustration leak from her eyes as she tried to make Rehan face the truth. "Don't ruin our relationship for a misunderstanding!"

"Are you saying that my father is a liar?" Rehan asked her, now with anger in his eyes. "I think its best you leave. I guess we were never meant to be together"

Geet felt a coldness seep into her soul the moment he said those words. It felt like a death sentence and condemnation. Of all people, Rehan was the person she had put her trust and faith in. But it seemed that he hadn't returned the favour.

"Rehan, listen to me." Her voice was stronger now, pain making the words harsh. "If you turn your back on me today, our relationship will be over from this minute onwards. We can no longer be anything more than strangers. So please think!" The last word was a plea as well as a promise. She understood that there could be no turning back from this decision. It is the time to check the strength of our relationship.

"Then let it be!" Rehan's mind was jumbled with sense of betrayal and hopelessness. He could only visualise Geet in Maan's arms. He would have believed her every word if his father hadn't been a witness to the scene. Still he didn't realise the effect his words were having. "Leave me!"

Geet looked at him with sadness and anger. She now knew that he would never be able to move beyond this moment. So it was with an aching heart but numbed emotions she said the last words, "Fine. I only hope you don't come to regret this moment because from now on I won't regret it"

Like a queen, with her head held high she walked away. I have lost so much but I won't let my dignity get swept away.

Yet despite the calm exterior the heart couldn't help but thud in pain.

--------------------------

She sat in the corner of the club with the glass of vodka in her hand. She hadn't taken a single sip but sat nursing it in her hands.

She tried to make sense of all that had happened but failed. Of all the things she had expected this was the last. She never realised the fragility of relationships till today.

If their relationship had been a normal dating one she could have gotten over it with a good cry but it wasn't as simple as that. He had been her childhood anchor, her bestfriend and the man she loved. In one moment she had lost all of that.

Is this what our relationship meant? Geet thought with anger. Years of love and friendship coming down to a moment like this.

She pressed her fingers against her forehead, trying to control her emotions but it was useless. She felt such emptiness.

"Are you okay?" A familiar deep voice cut across. Almost reluctantly she opened her eyes to see Maan standing next to her chair. Without asking he went to sit across from her. "You look like you could use someone to talk to"

Geet gave a humourless laugh. "Yeah because talking to someone will help. The sheer stupidity of the situation won't go away with "talking" about it." Her words were derisive, contradicting her usual personality.

Maan again felt the unfamiliar pang of guilt as he saw the pain in her face. HE never meant for her to get hurt this badly. But he had wanted her too much to see her with Rehan. Almost involuntarily he spoke out, "I am sorry"

Geet looked up in surprise and then gave a sad smile. Her kind nature shone through again, "Don't be sorry, the only thing you are guilty of is trying to help me. It's not your fault that people are dim witted enough to believe something else"

Maan should have felt relieved at her words but it only made him feel worse. He wanted to say something more but instead settled for trying to cheer her up. "Fine but if you don't smile with me than I'll believe that it is my fault"

Geet gave a wobbly smile and thought with some amusement, All those people thinking he is so ruthless but the truth is that he has a soft heart. "Thanks Maan."

-----------------------

AUTHOR's NOTE:

Thank you all!
As always I loved all the comments!😳

So hope you all are starting to get an idea of how Maan will make her fall in love with him and why Geet has such anger against him.

And a lot of you raised the question of whether Geet loves him or not.
She does but love doesn't mean that you can't hate that person as well. Indeed love and hate are very closely connected because only if you care for a person can you feel those emotions.

PLEASE DO COMMENT and press the LIKE button!!

Nothing motivates me as much as reading your comments!😃

-SanjanA

Edited by maan-ki-sanjana - 12 years ago