satya and give maan a mini heart attack
to see hw it feels to have some one u love
to be with just anyone

it was grt update .loved it😈
mechantefille thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: maaneet_pisces

Oh my god you are an incredible writer...

read the whole thing in one go and am just craving for so much more...

ur writing actually made me choke up with the emotions in Maan/Geet's hearts...

Please add me in ur pm list...😊

Anaa!!!🤗

Kaha tha naa isse jaldi padh!!

sweet scorpio thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
awesomeee!!!

I really didn't lke the fact that maan really like vaidehi!

continue soon!
richiiiii thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5
wonderful update sookie...
i can feel for geet...but she is one strong girl so i am not much worried about her...
and as for maan liking kiki...
i didn't like it personally...call me bias or whatever...
but then i also know that its not necessary that people whom we like spending together and interacting has has to be our love interest too...*i am counting on it*
update soon...
spvd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
part 11
u r so bad dear...
i was actually hoping Maan will change his ways to some extent but no he will be a imbecile always...
Geet sure wants to be with Maan but what Maan said really made me to wonder 2 things, first does he deserve Geet after all he has done and most importantly he is doing and second has he started to feel for this new girl?
cont soon dear...
-Sookie- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Disclaimer: Chapter is unedited. Apologies for errors in advance.

Chapter 12:

"I am Emily and I am the woman you will go to when you want numbers." The woman held her hand out and looked at him plainly. Maan was flabbergasted. He swallowed.

"Come on, come on, shake my hand and be done with it. I have plenty of work to do," Emily waved her hand him to get up and shake her hand already.

"What the hell are you doing here? I told you specifically not to enter this building." Satya exclaimed who had come in to Maan's cabin. Emily ignored him.

"Wait, she isn't a new hire?" Maan asked looking at Emily and Satya.

"She told you that?" Satya asked Maan. "You told him that?" He asked Emily. Maan was amused to see Satya rattled and little out of his skin. It was nice to see him so humane for a change.

"You already have a job," Satya said.

"I quit today morning. Told them that I was bored with them and needed excitement in my life," Emily replied.

"And they let you go without serving a notice period?" Maan butted in.

"I think they are worried about the things I could do to them if they don't agree to my terms," Emily replied. "Can I start working? This conversation is already getting boring," she said annoyed. Maan and Satya looked at each other.

"Do you have a resume?" Maan asked slowly.

"Are you insulting me?" Emily asked raising an eyebrow. Satya sighed.

"Sir she has the same qualifications as me and has collective experience in acquisitions and mergers." Satya said.

"Why would I hire someone with same qualification as yours?" Maan asked just to annoy Emily further. Strangely she reminded him of Geet.

"I look prettier than this guy," Emily said flatly thumbing at Satya. Maan burst out laughing.

"And besides what Satya mentioned, I will also be part of your negotiation team." Emily decided her role in the company. Maan nodded. Who was he to say no to smart people who wanted to work with him?

"How do you know each other so well?" Maan asked sitting down.

"She is my girlfriend," Satya replied. Maan's jaw hung open. Now that was a Googly he wasn't expecting.

"Ex-Girlfriend." Emily corrected. Satya looked at her.

"When did we breakup? We were on a date last evening." He cried.

"I broke up with you when you were busily texting this guy." She said pointing to Maan. "By the way, you are the one who is coming between me and him. It's almost like he is cheating on me with you," Emily told Maan. Maan didn't know how to respond.

"So you came here to take revenge on me?" Maan asked amused.

"You are already doing that for me Maan by dating someone who is not Geet," Emily said to Maan who was rendered speechless.

"I am taking the corner right opposite to this cabin. All I want is printer, two desktops, a laptop, mug noodles, guava and green tea." She left without waiting for a response.

Maan looked at Satya questioningly.

"Last month Emily and I were at a coffee shop and we met Geet there. Emily and Geet hit it off and they started meeting up frequently. Like Geet, Emily doesn't have many friends either so they spoke to each other frequently. Geet told her about an evening at a party where you announced your girlfriend to her. Geet went to Emily's house after the party for reasons I am not aware of; Emily didn't tell me anything, actually." Satya said feeling he was in middle of some tension filled episode of rom-com drama.

Maan didn't respond. "I'll see what she is doing," Satya said and left the cabin without another word.

Maan couldn't concentrate on the end of the year report he was reading. However Emily's words stuck in his head and haunted him for the rest of the day.

-- o00o --

"Sorry, I am late." Maan said sitting down at the reserved table where Vaidehi was waiting for him. She smiled and shook her head. Maan smiled at her in response which was tired.

"You look tired," she commented once the wine was served and Maan had forgotten his manners and gulped the entire glass in one go.

"It's fiscal year end so we are swamped with work at this time of the year. And we were busy with the next year strategy meetings." Maan tried to explain but saw that Vaidehi was distracted. He didn't comment on it till they finished dinner and he ordered coffee in the end as a habit.

"Is everything alright?" Maan asked. She smiled in response.

"It's just that I heard some rumors about your mother," she started slowly. Maan stopped stirring coffee and looked up. He stared at her blankly. "I heard that she left you and your father for someone else," she finished looking at her own cup.

"Are you asking me if I am aware of my mother's choices or are you validating the news first hand?" Maan asked flatly. Vaidehi looked up distraught.

"I never…" she started.

"Then why are you talking about it?" Maan bit out. Vaidehi looked at Maan wide eyed.

"I just…I don't know alright?" Vaidehi cried out hoarsely. Maan simply shrugged and didn't respond. His apathy and the aloofness in the conversation made her wonder if she even knows who the real Maan Khurana was.

"I apologize," she said formally, moments later.

"I accept." Maan replied equally formal. "I will take you home," he added and signaled the waiter to bring the check. Vaidehi didn't respond and watched him beneath the eyelashes.

Neither she nor he initiated any conversation during the drive.

"Can I drop by at a place for a minute? I need to pick up something as I will be going back to office after I drop you home," Maan said. Vaidehi nodded. She didn't trust her voice to do justice for her personality.

"Thank you. It won't take more than five minutes," Maan said parking the car in front of a building.

"What is this place?" She asked.

"I won't be long," Maan said and walked out of the car.

He didn't invite her nor did he offer an answer to her question. His indifference stung her pride but she didn't say anything when Maan as promised returned in record time.

"Good night," he smiled at her opening the door for her when they arrived at her place. She smiled tightly and nodded.

"Why is that you never show me who you truly are?" Vaidehi asked him out of the blue. Maan stiffened at her observation. She didn't give him an opportunity to answer as she turned around and walked towards the house without wishing him back.

Maan sighed and watched her retreating figure.

-- o00o --

"I have the names," the man on the other end of the line told Vikram. Vikram was walking on the terrace taking the call from the man who worked as a butcher by the day and a bounty hunter by the night. Only he hunted those people who went underground after a heist. There were very few men who know about this man's existence and Vikram was one of them. Vikram wheedled the man to work for him exclusively but the man always declined. It's not that he didn't have enough money.

"How may are there?" Vikram asked.

"There are at least four people involved. They went underground as soon as your share prices started dipping." The man replied.

"If you already have the names then what's stopping you from dragging their ass out?" Vikram yelled.

"The names are aliases and identity they have built around the names are very thorough. It will take a while to find the real identity behind these masks." The man replied.

"I don't care a f**k about your methods but I want their asses in one week." Vikram barked on the phone.

"You will get it," the man asserted.

"And what about the other thing we talked about?" Vikram asked.

"I will go to the hospital myself." The man replied and hung up the phone.

Vikram sneered in darkness and walked back inside the room, into the arms of his mistress.

To be continued.

Music Companion for the day: If you're gone by Matchbox Twenty

And: Falling by Lee Sang Eun

mrk-1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
i loved it !!! awsome yaar..do update soon  
mechantefille thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Muah...mmmuuuah.. Muuuahhhahahah!!

I loved this one. And I love Emily, though my instinct tells me something else. You know what my instinct should tell me??

It should tell me not to trust Sookie cuz she's one unpredictable chick!! Sometimes, I just get the feeling you do as you please and sometimes I think there's a lot of method to you craziness...

Still - poor Viadehi - doesn't seem she's gonna stick around, much. 

And Satya - a girlfriend - chun chun ke mili hain!!! - 
loved it to the core!! muuaah!!
Edited by mechantefille - 12 years ago
Krishnaluv94 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Man, I love Emily. She is awesome. Vikram... not so much. Where did Maan go? Hm... Great update! I loved it!
Emily is freakin' awesome ;) I read her lines like a hundred and one times ðŸ˜†