Saturday14: some amazing,some not,overall analysis

LeadNitrate thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Let me first start with the summary and then I will go on details.

I loved all the solos from Josh . I have lots of complaint against Jalwa and their solos.

First of all, jalwa do not play to their strength in their solos, As much boring as Prince is, atleast he plays to his strength and presents them really well. Kruti has done comtemporary before, mixed with classical, playing her strengths with versatility before, why not try it now?

Also another thing is, while strong dancers like Vaishnavi, ruturaj, amrita,Dharmesh, get to do only one solo so far, why does dancers like Vandana, who have lost their touch and appears underrehearsed, gets to do two solos? Anyways so my take on the performances:

Kruti: contemporary, on a  theme, but I agreed with judges, couldn't understand the connection between her theme and her song choices, and also she really needs to work on technique if she wants to do contemporary, or in such high stake competition stages play to her strength, mixing classical steps to make it better. Well desereved 26 I should say.

Prince: same ol', I am not an expert in L&P, and i find him really boring, but his beginning was really nice today, somehow, the way he dresses, moves, he tries to look like MJ and today he was looking like MJ. He seems to have done, whatever he has done, really well, judges were really impressed. And he played to his strengths.

Kishore: was good, but  I was bored, and except for watching his incredible strength and balance, I really didn't think he was amazing, I thought his fire act last week, inspite of the slips were better in terms of choreography and execution. Geeta giving him 9 was a gang emotion I suppose.

Mayuresh: beautiful, totally deserving  perfect score, his aerials and his floor work were equally energetic, smooth and beautiful.

Vandana: umm, I don't want to talk, coz I might end up saying something I will regret. I would advise go back and see her performance from first epi of dks, it as miles better than this and watch any of her performances in DID2, they were anyday miles better. She has lost it completely. To me even 21 was more than she deserved. Sorry if I am being too harsh.

Siddesh: he did a filler performance, tribute to geeta ma, he was good, not wonderful and did what he wanted to, make geeta cry that is.

Alisha: OMG,OMG,OMG and OMG. I didn't watch her in DID1 and I saw only one performance in DIDLM, man, this girl, those moves, yes, no wonder she can take on all the males of the show, she has it in it. This would be the one that should have got geeta's now " legendary"       11 out of 10. but we can settle for perfect score

The takkar: both were good, and amar was better, jai was good in the beginning and ending, and if he would have carried on, instead of stopping, he could have ended with 9s Imo, he was doing really good. But today amar stole it somehow.

Why jai did what he did, why he said what he said is beyond me, there are countless topics on it, but I want to focus on what good came out of it. The way amar consoled Jai was worth watching, the way all the contestants, Josh and Jalwa came together to support Jai when he broke down and really beautiful, the way manish conducted the whole affair was appluadable. DID is always known for the beautiful team spirit, and it continued once again.

Bad: The way siddesh jumped in to stoke the fire was uncalled for, amrita should also learn to control her mouth and temper,infact kruti and amrita both lost their cool,as I could make out, but amrita had the mike and spoke out, and she should have been calmer, instead of jumping into attack. She is also a dance teacher and she needs to set example. I was really sad to see the way Atul cried helplessly and at the same time, it was so beautiful the way vrushali consoled him. I wish people would think before they speak, sp if they have someone there, who depends upon their mentors for support. Amrita was also a skipper and she should also learn from the situation, instead of flaring up the way she did.

The worst part was, all the achievements so far, wonderful solos, wonderful group acts, duos, trios have all been nullified. The best part was how everyone again came together as a team and a big round of applause to Manish Paul for bringing all of them together.

Edited by Tannistha - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tawashe thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tannistha

Let me first start with the summary and then I will go on details.

I loved all the solos from Josh . I have lots of complaint against Jalwa and their solos.

First of all, jalwa do not play to their strength in their solos, As much boring as Prince is, atleast he plays to his strength and presents them really well. Kruti has done comtemporary before, mixed with classical, playing her strengths with versatility before, why not try it now?

Also another thing is, while strong dancers like Vaishnavi, ruturaj, amrita,Dharmesh, get to do only one solo so far, why does dancers like Vandana, who have lost their touch and appears underrehearsed, gets to do two solos? Anyways so my take on the performances:

Kruti: contemporary, on a  theme, but I agreed with judges, couldn't understand the connection between her theme and her song choices, and also she really needs to work on technique if she wants to do contemporary, or in such high stake competition stages play to her strength, mixing classical steps to make it better. Well desereved 26 I should say.

Prince: same ol', I am not an expert in L&P, and i find him really boring, but his beginning was really nice today, somehow, the way he dresses, moves, he tries to look like MJ and today he was looking like MJ. He seems to have done, whatever he has done, really well, judges were really impressed. And he played to his strengths.

Kishore: was good, but  I was bored, and except for watching his incredible strength and balance, I really didn't think he was amazing, I thought his fire act last week, inspite of the slips were better in terms of choreography and execution. Geeta giving him 9 was a gang emotion I suppose.

Mayuresh: beautiful, totally deserving  perfect score, his aerials and his floor work were equally energetic, smooth and beautiful.

Vandana: umm, I don't want to talk, coz I might end up saying something I will regret. I would advise go back and see her performance from first epi of dks, it as miles better than this and watch any of her performances in DID2, they were anyday miles better. She has lost it completely. To me even 21 was more than she deserved. Sorry if I am being too harsh.

Siddesh: he did a filler performance, tribute to geeta ma, he was good, not wonderful and did what he wanted to, make geeta cry that is.

Alisha: OMG,OMG,OMG and OMG. I didn't watch her in DID1 and I saw only one performance in DIDLM, man, this girl, those moves, yes, no wonder she can take on all the males of the show, she has it in it. This would be the one that should have got geeta's now " legendary"       11 out of 10. but we can settle for perfect score

The takkar: both were good, and amar was better, jai was good in the beginning and ending, and if he would have carried on, instead of stopping, he could have ended with 9s Imo, he was doing really good. But today amar stole it somehow.

Why jai did what he did, why he said what he said is beyond me, there are countless topics on it, but I want to focus on what good came out of it. The way amar consoled Jai was worth watching, the way all the contestants, Josh and Jalwa came together to support Jai when he broke down and really beautiful, the way manish conducted the whole affair was appluadable. DID is always known for the beautiful team spirit, and it continued once again.

Bad: The way siddesh jumped in to stoke the fire was uncalled for, amrita should also learn to control her mouth and temper,infact kruti and amrita both lost their cool,as I could make out, but amrita had the mike and spoke out, and she should have been calmer, instead of jumping into attack. She is also a dance teacher and she needs to set example. I was really sad to see the way Atul cried helplessly and at the same time, it was so beautiful the way vrushali consoled him. I wish people would think before they speak, sp if they have someone there, who depends upon their mentors for support. Amrita was also a skipper and she should also learn from the situation, instead of flaring up the way she did.

The worst part was, all the achievements so far, wonderful solos, wonderful group acts, duos, trios have all been nullified. The best part was how everyone again came together as a team and a big round of applause to Manish Paul for bringing all of them together.

@ bold: I totally agree. Manish handled it all so beautifully. The whole ambience was so tense but Manish did such an awesome job of cooling things down. The way he hugged Jai and told geeta that no matter how old we get we are all bacchas at heart. We make mistakes and we forgive. Seriously, a round of applause for him πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. I was getting so annoyed when geeta was trying to interfere while Manish was speaking to continue with her yelling. That is the mark of a truely talented reality show host!!!

About Siddhesh, the first time he spoke he was right because he said that they should just continue with whichever song (even though keeping shut would be better), but the second time he spoke was unnecessary. Agree with you about Amrita and Kruti. I like the fact that Ammu is so honest, but seriously sometimes she needs to control it. She was literally on the verge of attacking someone. Same with Kruti.

Atul crying, don't even talk about it. I've already started a topic on it. For me, this was the saddest part of today's episode. It was just wrong wrong wrong. Wrong on jai's part and wrong on geeta's part.

However, what I did like in today's episode (and I'm not talking about the performances) was Mayuresh. Yes his act was super duper awesome, but i loved how when Kruti finished her act she was getting kinda emotional and tearing up and Mayuresh went and hugged her. Then when Siddhesh did hid tribute act for Geeta, again him along with D sir (my fav two πŸ˜ƒ) went and hugged Siddhesh. Ahh such a good fella. Too bad his hard earned perfect 30 score went to waste. πŸ˜”
uknaik99 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
TFS

Looking forward to today episode telecast..
Natkhatpari thumbnail
i sooo agree with you on many points Tannistha...

jalwa solos were really not good... Josh really did well loved mayu n alisha... ummmaaha to this girl for coming back with a bang πŸ€—

i wonder why they even sent vandana again for a solo... she is pretty not her dance which she did today... it was awful literally...😑

n then it was kruti with wrong selection of song... n kishore with uncontrollable props... but these two were descent enough..πŸ˜”

n then wht the hell song choice did Prince choose... OMG it was a murder of a beautiful song...πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ but he did look like MJ in that opening section... 

n then the takkar... clearly amar was the winner (i dont care the drama)... πŸ‘

bad part was the argument n the limelight... 

thanx to manish for controlling the situation... hats off to manish n amar to console Jai even after all that drama... good going boys... keep the good work...

I would really like to mention there was nothing wrong in Amar dance IMHO, he was jus doing his steps..πŸ₯Ί. i revisited other takkars, in those also the 2 dancers used to keep dancing... then no one had complaints n today jus to mask jai's behavior every1 started taking Amar dancing as a weapon for their defense... really disappointed...😑 (why the hell did alisha/parvez takkar came into picture, i never saw any1 stopping the dance in that takkar, wht was prince actually saying...)

n yeah kruti n ammu needs to control...they were overacting... disliked both their behaviors.. πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ i will not even comment on jai. the less I say better it is (very well said by remo) 

but then when i heard punit n parvez, i felt really there are people who have some sense of talking even after all the dramaπŸ‘

Edited by Natkhatpari - 13 years ago
LeadNitrate thumbnail

Originally posted by: Natkhatpari

i sooo agree with you on many points Tannistha...

jalwa solos were really not good... Josh really did well loved mayu n alisha... ummmaaha to this girl for coming back with a bang πŸ€—

i wonder why they even sent vandana again for a solo... she is pretty not her dance which she did today... it was awful literally...😑

n then it was kruti with wrong selection of song... n kishore with uncontrollable props... but these two were descent enough..πŸ˜”

n then wht the hell song choice did Prince choose... OMG it was a murder of a beautiful song...πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ but he did look like MJ in that opening section... 

n then the takkar... clearly amar was the winner (i dont care the drama)... πŸ‘

bad part was the argument n the limelight... 

thanx to manish for controlling the situation... hats off to manish n amar to console Jai even after all that drama... good going boys... keep the good work...

I would really like to mention there was nothing wrong in Amar dance IMHO, he was jus doing his steps..πŸ₯Ί. i revisited other takkars, in those also the 2 dancers used to keep dancing... then no one had complaints n today jus to mask jai's behavior every1 started taking Amar dancing as a weapon for their defense... really disappointed...😑 (why the hell did alisha/parvez takkar came into picture, i never saw any1 stopping the dance in that takkar, wht was prince actually saying...)

n yeah kruti n ammu needs to control...they were overacting... disliked both their behaviors.. πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ i will not even comment on jai. the less I say better it is (very well said by remo) 

but then when i heard punit n parvez, i felt really there are people who have some sense of talking even after all the dramaπŸ‘

@ bold: agree, now that you have said it, i will also say, it sounded like making excuses, why is it when jalwa wins the takkar, they win by manipulation ??? kruti amrita needs to  control, however, when i went back and listened, i thought amrita might have been doing an analysis and was infact supporting jai's claim, she should have been allowed to finish, nevertheless, these two girls need to watch how the react to adverse situations.
as for prince, he  needs  to learn a lot when it comes to sense and speaking, and he should realise he really needs it, not coz  we are saying so as supporters from opponents but coz he is just 18/19 and he isnt even an adult yet.
luv2dance thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Kruti: I think it was quite emotional. I could clearly see how emotional and connected she was with her dance. I agree that the song selection did not match so well with what she wanted to convey. I was actually lost in the first half of her act as to what she was trying to convey. However, in the second half of the act the message came across very well. I also wished the costume was more attractive. The costume was weird πŸ˜• If she was given a better costume, I am sure her steps would have got noticed better. Not bad, overall. 8,8,9 - seemed justified for the act. I still love you KrutiπŸ€—

Prince: Thank god, something different. At least a tiny bit. The whole MJ thing reminded me of Divyam from LM who owned MJ when he danced. The moon walk Divyam did was πŸ˜ Contrary to the judges opinion, I actually liked the song selction (dola re) for this song πŸ˜• I thought the combo was gr8 but judges thought it din't workπŸ˜” The best part of his act was the finishing. I LOVED it. 8,8,9 again

Kishore: One thing I like the most in all his acts is his passion and honesty towards dance. It always comes through in all his acts. Some parts of his act were so brilliant that I was awestruck, especially the finishing where he held himself with his teeth πŸ‘ 8,8,9 πŸ˜• I would have liked to see more points lakin mera kon suntha πŸ˜† Geeta maaa annoyed me with her scoring drama. I thought she was gonna give 8.5 and break the rules again πŸ˜‘

Mayuresh: He is one of the cleanest and strongest performer of DID. His transitions are always so clean and so neat πŸ‘ When he started ring act, i was curious to see what else he would do. But he definitely took it a level higher than his previous ring act. Manish brought up a great point that Mayuresh was the first one to bring Aerial act on stage in the history of dance shows πŸ˜Ž well deserved 10,10,10πŸ₯³

Vandana: I thought it was simple and sweet. I liked th twist with Mujra. She started off reallyy well but yes her performance got messed up coz of that skirt and I wish she dint use that skirt or at least used it in a better way. I kind of feel bad for her coz she din't give her best in DKS πŸ˜” 7,7,7 justified! koi aur khush ho na ho Mihir jaroor khush hoga πŸ˜†
I just don't like the way Geeta comments. People will feel more bad after her comments than their own perception of doing it bad.  She says it as if like you screwed it up  πŸ˜’

Alisha: Okay I am gonna be too too hyper describing Alisha coz she is one of my favorites and I love her, so bear with me here πŸ˜› Yes, Alisha back with a bang!! Shakira, be aware coz we have Alisha here πŸ˜† What jhatkas, What matkas, What adaas πŸ˜› loved it loved it loved it totally. To me, Alisha is the best among all the female contenders we have and I am so glad she proved that again. I was dying to see her solo. Alisha πŸ€— Her performance had everything- cleanness, expressions, energy, perfection! 10,10,10 πŸ‘ Love you Alisha πŸ‘πŸΌ Saw that confidence that she usually has when she dances πŸ˜Š

Kunwar Amar VS Jai Kumar Nair:
I am gonna talk only about their dance as I am sure we will have threads on the other stuff of this face-off. Up until the break I thought Jai was clearly better than Amar. The choreography for Amar was too simple and most of those steps were seen before, on the other hand Jai had an interesting choreography and he did it well. But in the second chance, Amar owned the whole act and Jai was completely lost. I could see they both were disturbed and still made an attempt to perform well. Amar succeded way better in that attempt. 10,10,10 for Amar but definitely not given on dance basis. It wasn't a 10 performance. I am sure there were many other things tied to that score πŸ˜•
Edited by luv2dance - 13 years ago
Natkhatpari thumbnail

Originally posted by: luv2dance

Kunwar Amar VS Jai Kumar Nair:
I am gonna talk only about their dance as I am sure we will have threads on the other stuff of this face-off. Up until the break I thought Jai was clearly better than Amar. The choreography for Amar was too simple and most of those steps were seen before, on the other hand Jai had an interesting choreography and he did it well. But in the second chance, Amar owned the whole act and Jai was completely lost. I could see they both were disturbed and still made an attempt to perform well. Amar succeded way better in that attempt. 10,10,10 for Amar but definitely not given on dance basis. It wasn't a 10 performance. I am sure there were many other things tied to that score πŸ˜•

I like to disagree with this one above  πŸ˜²
@bold, i think you missed the opening section of amar he was fab, his entry, his dance moves... aweee jus loved everything πŸ‘ wheras jai had simple entry n familiar steps... i thought Amar was fab throughout... 

Edited by Natkhatpari - 13 years ago
luv2dance thumbnail

@bold, i think you missed the opening section of amar he was fab, his entry, his dance moves... aweee jus loved everything πŸ‘ wheras jai had simple entry n familiar steps... i thought Amar was fab throughout... 

I will watch it one more time then. I don't know why but I felt Jai was better in the first half and clearly second half Amar was better.  Even in the first half, some of the steps that Amar did were very nice especially the head stunt but overall I felt jai was better only in the first half.  Personally I like Amar more but I am saying what I felt. I will watch one more time though πŸ˜Š
luv2dance thumbnail

I watched it again. I think you are right Natkhatpari. Amar did seem better than Jai. First time when I saw, I felt like I have seen most of those steps Amar did were done by him before, which is true. But in terms of comparison, Amar does appear better than Jai on an overall basis. You are right dear πŸ˜ƒ
dancemania thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
The best part of today's performance were the solos from Josh...especially Mayuresh and Alisha.Both of them totally rocked in their performances. DID1 has been leading in the solo performaces in DKS so far , so DID2  members need to really buckle up on their solo performances.
In the face off, I thought Amar was really good in the beginning , but Jai was much better in the later part.