Poll
Which of the following do you think the Sagars should have used?
Bigg Boss 20: Daily Discussion Thread- 26th Sept 2026 WKV
Bigg Boss 20: Daily Discussion Thread- 27th Sept 2026 WKV
ASIF AT | The Unfavoured Favourite™
Celebs at "15Yearsof Mijwan" - by Manish Malhotra - Alia & Vicky
Mahabharat Challenge: The Mahayuddh (Live Slot 6: 11-12 AM IST Sat)
Very partial
🏏West Indies tour of India 2026: 1st ODI - on 27/09/26 @2:00 PM IST🏏
Mahabharat Challenge: The Mahayuddh (Live Slot 5: 8-9 PM IST Sat)
Mahabharat Challenge: The Mahayuddh (Live Slot 4: 5-6 PM IST Sat)
🏏India vs Afghanistan, 2nd Quarter-Final, Asian Games 2026🏏
Thanks for your inputs. I agree w/ both Akhl & Vibs.
Setting up this poll was somewhat difficult, given what I wanted to ask. Some like me may prefer a pure Valmiki approach, with the only additions being that which does not contradict Valmiki. Some may prefer very specific combinations, while most people who'd prefer one of the above sources may not mind Valmiki as well. At one point, I thought about enabling multiple poll, but that makes it more difficult to decipher the results. R-f polls have only 10 choices, or I might have specifically listed out some combos, like Valmiki/Kamban and so on.
If one prefers Valmiki AND another version, say Kamban or Tulsidas, select the last option. Too bad I can't edit the above choices, or else I would have made that Kamban/Ottakoothar. Otherwise, only select the favorite version that you'd have liked to see this serial based on.
Thanks, Rajnish, for your inputs. Although doesn't the horse battle somewhat conflict with Valmiki, given the following:
1. In Valmiki, Lakshman is the one who accompanies the horse, and that passes w/o incident, as opposed to Padma Puran, where you had Shatrughan and Pushkal;
2. The reason Kush & Luv end up in Naimisharanya is that Valmiki was among the rishis invited there, and he takes them with him. (One thing I'm curious about - does he take Sita as well?)
3. As for Rama Gita, does it include the war? I know that between Ramayan and RCM, a lot changed about details of the war, such as Indrajit dowing Lakshman in the latter, vs Ravan downing Lakshman in the former.
Vibs
While Kamban & Valmiki may be identical, I recall reading in C Rajagopalacharya that Shurpanakha's attempted seduction of Rama was quite a different story in Kamban than it was in Valmiki. Are there any other differences?
Originally posted by: Chandraketu
Thanks, Rajnish, for your inputs. Although doesn't the horse battle somewhat conflict with Valmiki, given the following:
1. In Valmiki, Lakshman is the one who accompanies the horse, and that passes w/o incident, as opposed to Padma Puran, where you had Shatrughan and Pushkal;
2. The reason Kush & Luv end up in Naimisharanya is that Valmiki was among the rishis invited there, and he takes them with him. (One thing I'm curious about - does he take Sita as well?)
3. As for Rama Gita, does it include the war? I know that between Ramayan and RCM, a lot changed about details of the war, such as Indrajit dowing Lakshman in the latter, vs Ravan downing Lakshman in the former.
Vibs
While Kamban & Valmiki may be identical, I recall reading in C Rajagopalacharya that Shurpanakha's attempted seduction of Rama was quite a different story in Kamban than it was in Valmiki. Are there any other differences?