Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WaveTeal thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 days ago

Originally posted by: Basskarrr

Vijay bhai … the things you consider small changes in UI have huge impact on our user experiences.  Here’s what is different for me on phone 

1) Font sizes small and blurry, too many posts, info, links squeezed in one page make it cluttered and smaller - the previous one was spacious and easy on my eyes 

2) Quote box is rectangle again impacts UX - it is not pleasant to see or engage with 

3) Post option setting colour used to be Red now it is Grey. That doesn’t give my eyes the break it needs. Everything in post box is grey - again not pleasing for user 

4) Post content and signature are now so close together that there is no break for eyes 

5) That info box who created post, time, last post - is adding to an already cluttered page 

And I can go on. Your members are feeling a difference. 

I echo everything said here.

Keeping everything else aside, I genuinely don't get why this change without a beta testing? Or not an option for users to choose between? Did we really need this or ask for this? Was it worth it?
The readability has greatly impacted. With so many other apps that use clean interfaces when users will be switching here from another app, this current UX is bound to glare. 

This is not about adaptability but standard & basic usablity. Most sites (esp social media) keep their design clutter free & sleek for a reason. Elon Musk made a lot of changes to twitter but didn't tweak with the interface much. And indiaforums is rather a long reading format so that makes it even worse. Rightly mentioned by @ basskarr that the small changes make so much impact in long run. 

I know DEV team has worked really hard & is working hard to debug the stuff, but if possible then kindly roll back. The mobile version is more unusable & migraine inducing. 

PS - Not a criticism but a valid concern from my reading- writing /user experience.

Edited by WaveTeal - 13 days ago
Ria23 thumbnail

I am not liking the new layout of the forum. It is not user friendly. Initially I thought it will go away after few hours, so I logged off and pretended it doesnt existsmiley36
since that didnt work. Here I am. Please give the old layout back. 

DevilHere thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 6 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Criticiser

And look at how modern and cleaner the older one looked. 

IMG_8370.jpeg

I mean I couldn't agree more

The previous one looked way more modern than this

For eg with this page

Since the right side (last reply) doesn't have enough content top alignment looked better here cause center alignment gives a sense of too much empty space

Showing hyperlink as an underline blue color is like the default css that's almost never seen on websites since ages , the previous one with slightly bolder text and an arrow looked better 

Also currently the hyperlink css editing comes on the username (bad UX) it's counterintuitive , is it supposed to take me to the user profile or the last post on the topic

Also the popups for likes for a post a) look cluttered with a lot of user info that was probably not need for it badges their seniority level and other info , name and username would have been sufficient information , b) it's not really responsive (as in adjusting to the screen size ) almost takes up the entire screen on my phonr and I noticed an unnecessary horizontal scroll

While I like the expand feature for quotes absolutely hate the implementation 

I see expand but no collapse thought clicking on the block again would do the trick but no it doesn't 

I see expand on posts  which are one or two lines , it should have expand only for post greater than 5-6 lines 

Also the expand button as pill here covers up a part of the text so sort of forces you to expand even if the post is a line long a much simpler approach would be to do it the way Instagram does it for it's post extra text as ..... and when you click to the end of text it expands or collapse

Another 

Or a down arrow instead of expand (no pill or circle or extra css for that) which changes to up arrow on clicking giving expand collapse functionality as mentioned earlier there should be some margin between the expand and the actual text so there's no overlap. Also I find the gradient on the quote really unnecessary 

Will have more suggestions when I have had more feel of the new UI

DevilHere thumbnail

Originally posted by: Manny_123

Hi Mods,

Logout option is available when I go to homepage. I don't get the same feature while I am on a forum. 

Can we not have these text here bold , too much for the eye I  like the new settings button sans the darker color ,logout is gone now 

Edited by DevilHere - 13 days ago
DevilHere thumbnail

Originally posted by: firewings_diya

Hi, 

I will just add all the issues that i see in this comment. It may or may not have mentioned previously. 

1. Emoji clicking is not working. 

2. Clicking on last page number is clicking somewhere else so we have to use arrow mark to go to next page. 

3. We no longer have an option to select posts in forums if we want to delete them. Not sure if it's not visible or it's missing. 

4. Please modify the color between unread notification and read notification as it's hard to distinguish. 

5. Private forums message to say it's private is missing. Now it just shows global posts and blank space.

6. Can there be a option to select for user to decide which layout they want 1. posts with expanded 2.  small window with expand button.

7. Report button has issue. 

8. Settings button on private forums are not working. 

9. Section to display managers is missing.

10. For some reason quote and edit button taking clicks around it 

B is button so every click is highlighting 3 square blocks around it. Whernever we click that area it clicks button. 

I^^^|.....

| B

|     |^^^^

11. Unwatch button is not working.

I will update this list as in when i find something new.

For Post settings the icon color is too off such a light grey that it looks like it's disabled also what's with this bright popped out red pains my eyes ...the report flag is too small the link icon is too big on post settings also the size of that pop up looks weird should've some margins between the content and the box 

DevilHere thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sutapasima

Dear friends.  IF was working on old version of html... the site has been recreated using latest version of html /css.

We do have to keep abreast with the changing  times .

Please give some time to technical team to fix the bugs/ change the issues. 

Are you sure it's the latest though suta I see a whole loads of things that are outdated in terms of UI/UX and maybe use a newer framework if the UI was being rewritten anyways 

Another suggestion is to rollout such big changes in phases so that users get time to adjust and give their feedback and the devs behind the glass to solve the issues , there are so many bugs and fixes here I'm starting to feel bad for the dev here

DevilHere thumbnail

Originally posted by: trouble_006

Html/CSS version update has nothing to do with design/UI changes

Could have easily kept the earlier theming while updating the tech stack.

I think it's the other way round ...IF ended up updating the HTML/CSS files instead of the tech stack 

DevilHere thumbnail

Why such a big bold font for topic and forum navigation

Alternatively when I click of reply it sort of takes me to the previous look of it which was so much better smaller normal text 

Why is there a need for new topic and new poll option inside a topic that should be for only the forum page 

The watch option for most modern website is that of a eye and crossed out eye for unwatch wasn't that the same case with IF can't remember anymore

Please go back to the previous font weight not everything on the page needs to pop out 

Screenshot_2024-04-20-14-17-02-78_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpgScreenshot_2024-04-20-14-24-55-80_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

TianaWrites thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 5

Can you please revert to the old font or give the user opportunity to choose what mode they want like how we use light/dark modes in mobile? The new font and format of the forum is causing eye strain.

Basskarrr thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DevilHere

Also currently the hyperlink css editing comes on the username (bad UX) it's counterintuitive , is it supposed to take me to the user profile or the last post on the topic

Also I find the gradient on the quote really unnecessary 

Agree about the hyperlink on usernames . (Edited to add - they have now removed the underline) 

Bold: so I was not wrong. There is in fact a bad gradient and also an outline around the rectangle quote box which is adding weight to it. The quote box was always rectangle … now it makes sense why the new one looks bulky and cluttered, not easy on the eyes - add to it the Expand option

Edited by Basskarrr - 13 days ago