Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sneha.Narayanan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6

Creative Minds

Posted: 27 days ago

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Sneha,smiley27 Vijay, and the IF Tech team are working to address initial issues and trying to make necessary updates and changes. 

There are a few flaws to correct and a few tech issues to resolve, for that, the tech team is working. 

Let us hope it will be more user-friendly than before. 

Hi smiley31

So nice to see you. I wish we can get the old interface back. Anyways, thanks for the update. 

Neerasi29 thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Hi please go back to prior layout..that was much better..please remove need to expand quoted posts..it's such an extra step..also please change font...IF before update was much better.. please undo these changes..I don't feel like using it with these new changes

Edited by Neerasi29 - 27 days ago
Basskarrr thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

We all just want the old layout back… but the IF team is investing time in improving this smiley36

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Wrong yhread

Edited by oh_nakhrewaali - 27 days ago
NathuPaapi thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Initially I thought I might take time to adjust to this new change. And I'm very well aware that the developers might be thinking the same that people will gradually adjust to the change. 

However, looking at the pages is giving me anxiety. It is so jarring to look at. I feel strain on my eyes. 

The previous layout had no such problems. It was quite easy on eyes. 

The only change I liked in this update is increasing the number of topics/ threads on a page.

Please do something to make pages easy on eyes. 

Edited by NathuPaapi - 27 days ago
Prapti9 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

This format and font actually looks irritating 

Not need to change font size in bigger size

And this expand page is unnecessary extra step.

Hope we get old format back only 

WaveTeal thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: WaveTeal

Hello team, congratulations on testing the new UI.

I encountered a few issues after the new UI update -
1. When clicking on the notification for tag, previously it redirected to the post I am tagged. Now it's stopping on the first post on the page. We need to scroll to find the post thus eliminating the basic purpose of tag/dm/ notification. **SEEMS TO BE FIXED**

**This is crucial as if I am tagging someone or am being tagged on the very bottom of the page, I might scroll past it. Positive that it will be fixed with caching.

2. Similarly to tagged posts, when I am clicking notification for XYZ has liked my post, it again stops on the top of the page (doesn't redirect to the post the member has liked) ✅ *** FIXED *** 

3. Same with inbox hyperlinks. I have to scroll to find the post even though the sender has linked the specific hyperlink. **SEEMS TO BE FIXED**

4. Loading time has increased subsequently. 
5. Too many distractions.
6. The differentiating colors are either too contrasting or non-existent. Example - read or unread PMs/Notification

7. The reading area(body) has been narrowed down to an excessive level. While there is too much empty space on the right side. (from desktop)

8. Clickable contents showing Typing Cursor ( ) instead of Mouse cursor 
9. Logout option is not visible under forums, have to go to my posts in order to view logout.

Needless to say, the UI looks quite outdated and claustrophobic. The neatness is gone. If possible kindly revert back to the previous clean interface while keeping the useful changes🙏

top section.PNG
This top info part in the middle of every page is an overkill. On the very first page of the thread is sufficient IMO. Or kindly move it to the bottom where this doesn't break the flow/act like a distraction.

edited by& like section.PNG

The 'edited by' is hideously big, needs rescaling. 
✅*** FIXED *** 

The part where only one person has liked, no point of indicating the number "1" - if it's a glitch hopefully gets removed. 

The features which are useful so far is the new sorting by dates and likes.
And the "expand" option for quotes - loved it for long quotes. BUT - 
Needs a limit of 5 lines minimum to get the expand option to work. Otherwise just extra clicks and inconvenience for shorter posts. 

For now, noticed these. Might update if I encounter more bugs/issues. 

Regards. 🌸

Want to highlight the newfound issues again

Logout not available under forums tab, need too much scrolling to see notification

Expand quote - Suitable for long quotes. BUT - 
Needs a limit of few lines (words limit) minimum to get the expand option to work. Otherwise just extra clicks and inconvenience for shorter posts.

Configure button is unavailable on private forums

Edited by WaveTeal - 27 days ago

Creative Minds

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

aekiel thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 6

The new interface for mobile users is facing a fair bit of flak (and rightly so), but it's not half bad on the desktop/laptop btw.

But the vast majority probably browse IF on their phones- guess the ratio of phone to laptop users would be something like 80-20? 

Edited by aekiel - 27 days ago

Creative Minds

Originally posted by: aekiel

The new interface for mobile users is facing a fair bit of flak (and rightly so), but it's not half bad on the desktop/laptop btw.

But the vast majority probably browse IF on their phones- guess the ratio of phone to laptop users would be something like 80-20? 

Exactly, i don't know anyone who uses IF on laptop, everyone watches on phone, so they should make the interface phone -friendly.