Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Naya_31 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Wrt to domestic violence:

You leave him if he hits you coz if you don't then he'll eventually kill you.

Don't be afraid to run, be afraid to stay. 

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Edited by oye_nakhrewaali - 1 years ago
Avyakta thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Very relevant and much needed post, it is.  

Every day, there are atrocities added to the list from every corner of the world., new crimes, many discussions, but not yet found any solution to curtail cruelty towards the mothers of mankind. 

Naya_31 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Swetha-Sai

But, if upper class Indians and moneyed Indians travel abroad for work or vacation, they could find out the sex of unborn baby. They can terminate the pregnancy after finding out the sex of the baby or throw huge baby shower with blue things or pink things as they know the gender 😊

When sex determination was valid in India, my aunts and uncles had girls and boys each and in my family circle, I’ve seen families celebrating when girls are born ❤️

IMO, Just like other countries, India should make sex determination legal like how it was before. So that couples can prepare for the journey happily 

it would be counterproductive and against the very existence of the law coz it’ll be misused. 

Hakuna_Matata11 thumbnail

A great initiative to have this topic.

Great👏🏻

A sad, cruel and true reality of our life.

Well presented.

Had goosebumps while reading the first post.

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail
Srijeeta06 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Swetha-Sai

But, if upper class Indians and moneyed Indians travel abroad for work or vacation, they could find out the sex of unborn baby. They can terminate the pregnancy after finding out the sex of the baby or throw huge baby shower with blue things or pink things as they know the gender 😊

When sex determination was valid in India, my aunts and uncles had girls and boys each and in my family circle, I’ve seen families celebrating when girls are born ❤️

IMO, Just like other countries, India should make sex determination legal like how it was before. So that couples can prepare for the journey happily 

India still comprises mostly of people living in rural areas.

Unfortunately even in 21st century dowry is still very much relevant in urban and rural communities except for a few communities.

In this scenario making sex determination legal would unfortunately have unwanted consequences than the celebrations.

Naya_31 thumbnail

A quote from one of my favourite shows:

I know you're scared of what he'll do if you report him, but you need to think about what he's gonna do if you don't. 

MochaQueen thumbnail

Originally posted by: Yuvika_15

Well here in the UK, I think the recent crimes dominating headlines have been those of rape  and usually of women walking home alone at night  it is just sad how the streets aren't safe anymore 

I'll be honest I'll never go out at night alone.. never felt safe enough to and I know if I did I would experience fear. It's just the way it is sadly. 

UK is becoming more and more safe with every passing year...and I am sure it must be the same for every other country too.

I can say from personal experience, I am always afraid to g out alone even in day time, forget night time...because I know family members who have been attacked

MochaQueen thumbnail

Originally posted by: NayaNehaD31

Wrt to domestic violence:

You leave him if he hits you coz if you don't then he'll eventually kill you.

Don't be afraid to run, be afraid to stay. 

It is not that easy to leave such abusive relationships either. It requires a lot of strong will and patience.