Falling in Love... Rising in Love!!!

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 1 years ago

I watched and re-watched yesterday’s episode…specifically the scene where Vidhi comes to submit her resignation. I also watched the BTS of Dev having a nightmare and he wants to meet Vidhi. 

@Telly, you felt the way Dev’s restlessness is shown is out of place. I hope this write-up gives you a different POV. 

Dev Raichand fell in love with Vidhi Sharma, a girl 20+ years his junior. Despite all the love he had in his heart, he never had any hope. There were too many things working against that love. 

1. He didn’t know what she felt towards him (Until she blurted it out that day, he assumed what Vidhi felt was infatuation / crush) 

2. Even if she did love, the society would tear into them

3. The generation gap that would cause too many issues going forward (In his words, she’d be barely 60 when he would turn 80)

4. That she’d be left alone just like his mom, Satyavati was left alone after his father passed away. At that time, Satyavati had Dev. They’d probably clung to each other and shared their grief. Who would Vidhi have? 

But more than all these things put together, he thought he knew the girl he fell in love with. She was gentle. Sweet. Kind-hearted. Honest to a fault. Had an extremely optimistic view of the world. Went with the belief that if she did good, people would do good in return. Brought up in a highly conservative lower-middle class family. 

A girl like that, how would she deal with the way society would look down and talk down at her once the news comes out? How can she handle the insults, the name-calling, the mud-slinging? How can she stand and watch the disappointment, anger and hurt in her parents’ eyes? She can’t. She would fall apart. She would break into a million pieces. 

So he kept quiet. He never said a word. 

Then she confessed. His instinct had been to remain quiet. Let her assume that he doesn’t feel anything for her. He even went ahead and said yes to Amba just to make sure he wouldn’t be tempted in the future and she would lose all hope and move on. But the day of the engagement, the way Vidhi, in her heart-breaking voice said - mujh mein aisa hain hi kya jo aap mujhse… mein pagli hoon sir, apne hi duniya mein rehti hoon, aapne bhi wahi socha hoga na sir. Warna aap kuch toh kehte! Aadha adhura, ek shabd! Kuch toh! Aap ne jawab dena bhi zaroori nahi samjha matlab meri baat hi itni bewakoofi wali hogi! Silly hogi! 

He felt himself splintering on the inside. How long he would’ve kept up with the engagement, I don’t know. I doubt he knew either. But thanks to his ma, that didn’t happen. I think even if Satyavati hadn’t nudged him, he would’ve gone and confessed his feelings to Vidhi. Because for him, more than confessing his feelings, he needed to let her know that she was not silly. Tum khud ko kabhi kisi se kam mat samajhna. Tum special ho. Special se bhi zyada ho. He needed to tell her that. He needed her to believe that. 

Despite all that, he didn’t give his heart an inch of hope for a future with Vidhi. Nope. That night and every time after that night, whenever he told her there’d be no future, he was telling that to her and to his heart. 

Fate intervened in the form of Amba and the rest of the trash talkers. What he’d feared turned into reality. People who couldn’t reach him (some because of his status, some because of his gender, some because they don’t want to reveal themselves to him) targeted her. They tore her reputation to shreds in front of his eyes. Her parents disowned her, refused to even look at her. Her father almost died. Every single nightmare of his came alive in front of his eyes. He didn’t give a damn about who said what about him. He also knew that him going anywhere near her would worsen the situation. Yet he didn’t stay away. Because he didn’t want her to fall apart. He wanted her to know and believe that he was there. That things would settle down. He became her anchor. Her bulwark. 

Through it all, he anticipated the end of the whole debacle. Her father would pull through. Her parents would slowly calm down. She would see that there is no future for them. She would step away from him. Any girl in her place would do the same, wouldn’t she? What girl would want to turn herself into society’s freak-show 24*7? No, she wouldn’t. His Vidhi was too soft-hearted and docile for that kind of battle. So, once things settle down, she would submit her resignation and walk away. 

She did come. She did submit her resignation. But very sweetly, in the same gentle voice that he’d fallen in love with, said, mein shaadi toh sirf aapse karungi sir. That sheer determination and confidence with which she uttered those words, those unflinching, love-filled eyes stunned him. He, who had been expecting… no… who had been sure of his heartbreak, got his heart taken from him in a gesture so simple that he was left speechless. 

There, that moment saw Dev Raichand who began rising in love. He knew his Vidhi was stubborn in her own way. He just didn’t know that she had a spine of steel that might bend due to circumstances but would never break. That there was strength in accepting things that can’t be changed and just hunker down and wait it out without budging from one’s stance. That his Vidhi possessed that kind of strength. 

Dev Raichand rising in love is not going to back down. If she is that sure that he is the one for her, then he would stand on the car bonnet and declare that she is the one for him. 

Along with this, would come a different kind of fear. Fear of losing her. When before he never believed that he had her in his life, now he knows he has her and can’t lose her. That fear would manifest in a nightmare. But then again, falling in love is easy. No one ever said rising in love was easy. 

May you continue to rise, Dev Raichand!! 

P.S: I tried to ignore all of today’s BTS while writing this one. I ignored every idiot character in the show currently going high. Dev and Vidhi are the only ones I focussed on. Hope you like it. Do share your thoughts. 

I will be traveling from tomorrow morning (22nd morning IST) till 30th morning. Won’t be able to make any long posts but will definitely peep in as and when I can. Please tag me on anything you think is important. Have fun, NUKSH-ians!! 

Originally posted by Suvika.

I watched and re-watched yesterday’s episode…specifically the scene where Vidhi comes to submit her resignation. I also watched the BTS of Dev having a nightmare and he wants to meet Vidhi. 

@Telly, you felt the way Dev’s restlessness is shown is out of place. I hope this write-up gives you a different POV. 

Dev Raichand fell in love with Vidhi Sharma, a girl 20+ years his junior. Despite all the love he had in his heart, he never had any hope. There were too many things working against that love. 

1. He didn’t know what she felt towards him (Until she blurted it out that day, he assumed what Vidhi felt was infatuation / crush) 

3. The generation gap that would cause too many issues going forward (In his words, she’d be barely 60 when he would turn 80)

4. That she’d be left alone just like his mom, Satyavati was left alone after his father passed away. At that time, Satyavati had Dev. They’d probably clung to each other and shared their grief. Who would Vidhi have? 

But more than all these things put together, he thought he knew the girl he fell in love with. She was gentle. Sweet. Kind-hearted. Honest to a fault. Had an extremely optimistic view of the world. Went with the belief that if she did good, people would do good in return. Brought up in a highly conservative lower-middle class family. 

A girl like that, how would she deal with the way society would look down and talk down at her once the news comes out? How can she handle the insults, the name-calling, the mud-slinging? How can she stand and watch the disappointment, anger and hurt in her parents’ eyes? She can’t. She would fall apart. She would break into a million pieces. 

Then she confessed. His instinct had been to remain quiet. Let her assume that he doesn’t feel anything for her. He even went ahead and said yes to Amba just to make sure he wouldn’t be tempted in the future and she would lose all hope and move on. But the day of the engagement, the way Vidhi, in her heart-breaking voice said - mujh mein aisa hain hi kya jo aap mujhse… mein pagli hoon sir, apne hi duniya mein rehti hoon, aapne bhi wahi socha hoga na sir. Warna aap kuch toh kehte! Aadha adhura, ek shabd! Kuch toh! Aap ne jawab dena bhi zaroori nahi samjha matlab meri baat hi itni bewakoofi wali hogi! Silly hogi! 

He felt himself splintering on the inside. How long he would’ve kept up with the engagement, I don’t know. I doubt he knew either. But thanks to his ma, that didn’t happen. I think even if Satyavati hadn’t nudged him, he would’ve gone and confessed his feelings to Vidhi. Because for him, more than confessing his feelings, he needed to let her know that she was not silly. Tum khud ko kabhi kisi se kam mat samajhna. Tum special ho. Special se bhi zyada ho. He needed to tell her that. He needed her to believe that. 

Despite all that, he didn’t give his heart an inch of hope for a future with Vidhi. Nope. That night and every time after that night, whenever he told her there’d be no future, he was telling that to her and to his heart. 

Fate intervened in the form of Amba and the rest of the trash talkers. What he’d feared turned into reality. People who couldn’t reach him (some because of his status, some because of his gender, some because they don’t want to reveal themselves to him) targeted her. They tore her reputation to shreds in front of his eyes. Her parents disowned her, refused to even look at her. Her father almost died. Every single nightmare of his came alive in front of his eyes. He didn’t give a damn about who said what about him. He also knew that him going anywhere near her would worsen the situation. Yet he didn’t stay away. Because he didn’t want her to fall apart. He wanted her to know and believe that he was there. That things would settle down. He became her anchor. Her bulwark. 

Through it all, he anticipated the end of the whole debacle. Her father would pull through. Her parents would slowly calm down. She would see that there is no future for them. She would step away from him. Any girl in her place would do the same, wouldn’t she? What girl would want to turn herself into society’s freak-show 24*7? No, she wouldn’t. His Vidhi was too soft-hearted and docile for that kind of battle. So, once things settle down, she would submit her resignation and walk away. 

She did come. She did submit her resignation. But very sweetly, in the same gentle voice that he’d fallen in love with, said, mein shaadi toh sirf aapse karungi sir. That sheer determination and confidence with which she uttered those words, those unflinching, love-filled eyes stunned him. He, who had been expecting… no… who had been sure of his heartbreak, got his heart taken from him in a gesture so simple that he was left speechless. 

There, that moment saw Dev Raichand who began rising in love. He knew his Vidhi was stubborn in her own way. He just didn’t know that she had a spine of steel that might bend due to circumstances but would never break. That there was strength in accepting things that can’t be changed and just hunker down and wait it out without budging from one’s stance. That his Vidhi possessed that kind of strength. 

Dev Raichand rising in love is not going to back down. If she is that sure that he is the one for her, then he would stand on the car bonnet and declare that she is the one for him. 

Along with this, would come a different kind of fear. Fear of losing her. When before he never believed that he had her in his life, now he knows he has her and can’t lose her. That fear would manifest in a nightmare. But then again, falling in love is easy. No one ever said rising in love was easy. 

P.S: I tried to ignore all of today’s BTS while writing this one. I ignored every idiot character in the show currently going high. Dev and Vidhi are the only ones I focussed on. Hope you like it. Do share your thoughts. 

I will be traveling from tomorrow morning (22nd morning IST) till 30th morning. Won’t be able to make any long posts but will definitely peep in as and when I can. Please tag me on anything you think is important. Have fun, NUKSH-ians!! 

Very well written 

She did come. She did submit her resignation. But very sweetly, in the same gentle voice that he’d fallen in love with, said, mein shaadi toh sirf aapse karungi sir. That sheer determination and confidence with which she uttered those words, those unflinching, love-filled eyes stunned him. He, who had been expecting… no… who had been sure of his heartbreak, got his heart taken from him in a gesture so simple that he was left speechless.   

I just felt this in yesterdays episode. For a second when she closed her eyes and her deep breath he felt that she is going to say no.. that fear in his eyes I felt that. After listening the next words he got overwhelmed by her love.

I can’t write more.

Very well explained suvika.

Beautifully written👏

Have fun suvika.

Edited by Shinika - 1 years ago

Hey Suvi🤗

I need to take care of lab stuff right now. will come back read it all and then comment. 

If we do not get to speak, then enjoy your time.

happy anniversary in advance as I do not know when exactly it is

when come back share your room tera experience 🤣😛

thanks Suvika for this post and i certainly agree with each and every word you said. And i hav no second thought about him rising in love.

But (again My Personal POV and in no way i am saying Dev is wrong or Vidhi is wrong and fans are wrong for loving them... cause they are the characters created crafted by makers and makers can make them do anything)

i still feel the same about him getting the punishment of this distance which he doesnt deserve especially at this juncture... there is no pull towards this distance no angst its flat for me.. as its not evoking any feelings in me.. and i am not forcing myself to feel what i cant at first hand reaction.

another persnal very personal POV...

no matter what the makers show... (cause its ITv they can do anything)the conflict shouldnt be handled this way... especially when its related to one of the most critical plot point towards the unison of the leads.

Am really sorry dear... again i am so sorry ke i am unable enjoy this show now as i did in past... and unable to share my happy n positivity abt this show.

Originally posted by Suvika.

I totally agree... 

Dev ne kabhi nhi socha tha ki vidhi itni determined hogi... Dev ne kya humne bhi nhi socha tha.. We all were thinking ki she will flip... But she didn't... Ulta vo aur strong ho gyi.... Vidhi ka dev ko kehna ki kisi aur se shaadi nhi karungi was a turning point for dev... 

After seeing her determination, dev also got clarity in his thoughts... Kal k episode mein dev ka hi dialogue tha jab vo abhi ka sath tha.. Abhi said ki main bahut khush hun aapke decision se... Tab dev ne kaha ki maine kahan koi decision liya... Sab apne aap ho gya. 

But now this press conference... Dev ne finally khud se koi decision liya... Nd we can trust dev ki vo back out nhi krega ab... 

Both dev and vidhi will rise in love and that too together.. 

Very well written and compiled 👏...included every aspect from both Dev Vidhi's pov ....

May be because I am more closer in age to Dev...I connect more with him, I understand his pov more, from where he was coming.... It was tough for him to figure out feelings, was tougher to confess as he didn't wanted to pull Vidhi in a difficult  relationship...and it's gonna be a constant toughest journey to make this relationship  work, with a thought always back in mind, what if Vidhi is left alone like Satyawati.

Even if he ignores that fact,  for him this relation was impractical & impossible...coz falling in love and spending whole life together with a partner who is double your age ..is a completely different ballgame.

Beginning of romance phase is always rosy in beginning,  and couples feel they can handle everything when it actually comes to face situations the reality sinks in... Specially for Vidhi, for her this her first love, her first experience  of relationship... and this Viral fiasco  is just a beginning for her, it hit her like a rock... in future there will be moments where she will be consistently reminded of how imbalanced her relationship  with Dev is. Their relationship  will have its own highs and lows  emotionally, mentally and physically...which both of them will have to face and insecurities might creep in.

Vidhi is actually too younger to me ...I find it difficult to understand her reason of falling for Dev, He is kind of guy anyone will fall for him ...I so wanted to see writers giving her a proper chance of self realisation of her feelings ...but still her character's growth graph have been very subtle & impressive ...

A girl who couldn't even find right directions on road ...is now sure & sorted abt her direction in life "Main shaadi aapse hi karungi"  ... was the confidence & assurance he needed as a partner.  He never imagined Vidhi could be this sure abt the relationship as she is at a age, where she can easily flip and move on.

During this Viral fiasco, Dev might have imagined a dead end for the relationship , he might have felt heartbroken too...

More than anything scared too,  But Vidhi giving him confidence was all he needed him to see a future together ...that he cant give up now, if they put in efforts together they can make it happen.

Edited by -purnima- - 1 years ago

Beautiful way of analysing ViDev. I loved it and I am speechless after reading this..This was

worth reading Suvika. Vidhi grow up as confident and we felt some times as childish her deeds but we should consider the background from also which she has been bought up..Also it was not easy for Dev to take a step ahead when things went out of hand. He is with her in the battle and that's the best part along with all the dramas which we watch. Totally agree with you Rising in love is not easy. Loved it and thanks for giving this amazing writeup