Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Red_eyes94 thumbnail

Peace Lover

Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: vijay

In order to make tagging easier on Forum Posts, we would be bringing the Tag Buddies / Friends for easier selection. How we have it in New Private Message page.

UPDATE:

This feature is now active.

UPDATE 2:

Now the list only shows Buddies who have visited the site in the last 1-2 months.

3 cheers for bhai 😊

Hakuna_Matata11 thumbnail

All the above mentioned features are really awesome.

Keep updating Vijay.

Thank you.

Red_eyes94 thumbnail

Peace Lover

Badges for Visit Streak

Any idea when it will be given ?

priya185 thumbnail

Idea Innovators

We were just discussing this internally few days back with regards to IPL team and we can show the team whom we are supporting. And idea we were exploring was to have similar systems for different forums.

So in IPL forum it would be IPL Teams and For Bigg Boss it would be BB contestants and similarly the same thing for other forums which the mods of those forum decide.. 😊

Will be exploring it further if it gets enough votes .. 

do this for lockupp forum too please I want a Munawar badge 

Also please add lockupp forum to IF homepage somewhere 

lock upp forum has zero moderators the show has potential as it hit 5 million live views 

Edited by priya185 - 2 years ago
MochaQueen thumbnail

Creative Minds

Mujhe abhi bhi notifs same dikh rahe hain🤔 it must be due to dark mode

Originally posted by: oye_nakhrewaali

How is this gonna work, coz if the reference wiill be the "FF graphicer" in the FF page, some people change their covers every month, and hence the FF graphicer credit keeps changing.

Good question. I'll elaborate:

When the "Graphics By:" tag changes, will the previous Graphicer's score drop?

When a new cover by the same Graphicer is used, so that the tag is the same, will the Graphicer's score not increase?

When a book is deleted to remove embarrassing comments, and remigrated with a new identifier, will the Graphicer get double credit?

What if authors neglect to use the "Graphics By:" tag? Does anyone monitor the FF section for this?

I haven't noticed anyone other than myself changing covers within the past six months or so. I requested a new cover three times: this book got its cover modified by the same Graphicer, so the credit tag is unchanged, and this book got a second and a third cover by different Graphicers, so I credited previous covers in the Author's Note.

MochaQueen thumbnail

Creative Minds

IMHO the new Fan Fiction section is an improvement and offers better user experience for Readers and writers.

Many authors will discover that when they migrate their fanfic to the new section they get followers who will be notified of new chapters and new stories. 

There are few issues that it faces currently as I understand are:

1. The comment section looks less attractive compared to forum interaction.

2. Authors post on forums cause they feel they get more views there.

3. Report button missing.

4. Improve homepage to highlight different stories based on popularity, user’s interest.

5. Need to introduce Story Ratings System (similiar to how movies have General / PG / R etc) so that user have a clear idea on level of the story.

I am sure when we start on making our list we will discover more interesting ideas to improve that section.

I will soon create a separate Vote up Topic just for Fan Fiction as It will help us discuss in details the issues. 

Cheers.

The only reason I still post them on forums is because I am an old grandma who cant keep up with the latest technology😆 honestly i dont like changes, i prefer to stay in my comfort zone which is why i dont even go to wattpad

MochaQueen thumbnail

Creative Minds

Originally posted by: Koeli

Everybody is free to write stories. Those who are interested in reading stories they will read irrespective of what that author writes. Badges aren’t given for the quality of the story but quantity. There are others contests, awards, featured stories that will get rewarded alag se. The whole idea is to encourage people to write. And their contribution to the site should be awarded I feel.

I am not talking about just stories but generally about the platform. Say some trolls or spammers might start posting things which arent even related to FF...is there some system which checks stuff before its posted?

Originally posted by: oye_nakhrewaali

No. We just make sure it's a story, and it doesn't break major IF COC rules (wrt content and cover) we aren't here to police anyone, nor approve anyone, our job to is HELP authors and make posting stories on the FF section as easy as we can make it. 

There are 1000+ stories on the FF section, can you imagine approving every single one of them? 🤣

It's interesting to read your good intentions. It would save everyone's time if the IF COC and all of the ad hoc guidelines scattered across India Forums could be standardized to reflect the policies that FF Editors and other Moderators actually follow. Right now, the guidelines tell members that the Mature tag is not an excuse for things that FF Editors and their cronies are putting in their own fan fictions (e.g. curse words, slang for body parts, fetishized non-consent), and the guidelines encourage members to do things that Moderators will censor.

My Mahābhārata fan fiction "Yath'aiva tvaṃ tath'aiv'āhaṃ ko vā mā'śvāsayiṣyati" was censored by the Fan Fiction Editors "due to some members' discomfort and disagreement."

I had started it as a Mythological Masti forum topic with the Saṃskṛta text and my own translations. mnx12 closed the topic for "leading to sexual aspects." Why do the guidelines of the Mythological Masti forum specifically invite discussion of "gender roles" if you're going to stifle a discussion of how men treated women?

I thought that if the Moderator won't allow a story about Kṛṣṇa's frustration with his quarreling family in the Mythological Masti forum, at least it will be welcome in the Fan Fiction section, where you can already find stories about Kṛṣṇa romancing his uncle's wife Rādhā, Kṛṣṇa's multiple wives etc. (Sexual aspects?) Koeli immediately hid my book and told me that any discussion topic is not allowed. Well, why do the Fan Fiction section guidelines specifically permit discussion of the story, including comparison and contrast? Why does the Comment box prompt readers to "Join the Dicussion..." (sic)?

I rewrote the book with original speeches for the characters, removed the word "discuss," and asked Koeli if it could be made visible now. I took the trouble to follow a new rule of the Fan Fiction section: "Warnings that needs to be mentioned in the FFs 22/03/2022" (sic). This rule was created by Beta-Readers for their clients, and when it got added to the "Fanfiction Section : Help Desk" book as "compulsory," nobody else seemed to notice, but I thought, it's a rule now, so I have to include trigger warnings.

In response, Viswasruti told me that I could only share my original fictional writing without context, because translation and interpretation work is not permitted, and "trigger warning fictions" are not allowed. Koeli clarified that trigger warnings are for other fan fictions, but "we are not allowing trigger warnings for mythological fan fictions." Of course, this is an unwritten exception to the rule that trigger warnings are compulsory, and the FF section is full of Mythological fan fictions with actual triggers. Death of a character? Infanticide? A woman kept in a coma for her husband's convenience? No warning, no foul.

If you FF Editors aren't making up Catch-22 rules in hindsight, just to exclude me, put them in the guidelines! Then the next person who sees the rules won't waste time trying to share unwelcome fan fiction on India Forums.

Johncaeter851 thumbnail

Have badges. they are required more on forums.