Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by Mahisa_22

I'm very far from being a SRK hater, but the question Nathu raised here is valid. Deepika was called out for collaborating with Luv Ranjan. The makers of Fantastic Beasts were called out for taking Johny Depp when he was still believed to be an abuser. So why shouldn't the same logic be applied here, or even for Anupam Kher etc. if Vivek is an accused? 

It's something to think about. 

The stance is the same. Lol. Not sure why we are tagged but don’t remember saying the same thing for Deepika? 

Originally posted by Autumn_Rose

The stance is the same. Lol. Not sure why we are tagged but don’t remember saying the same thing for Deepika? 

Deepika was criticized a lot by her fans on Twitter and IF when she worked with Luv Ranjan. Rightfully so, in my opinion. By that logic, anyone who works with problematic people should be called out. 

Originally posted by BlackWitch

Yes, that should be the case with Vivek Agnihotri too. I don’t know more on this as neither have I read up on VA and nor have I seen TKF (theatres are far in South Goa and I am avoiding all disturbing movies for my mental peace). 

In any case, I don’t think viewers need to feel guilty for just watching a movie. Whether or not they resonate with the whole movie, individuals have the right to decide which film deserves their money.

I understand it becomes more of a moral question, especially if the allegations against a Director are proven in the court of law. But expecting an individual with his/her own complex life to feel this strongly about every cause they come across in life is unrealistic. Some feel strongly about one thing, others about another thing. Otherwise, it can be exhausting for a common man to live their regular life.

Also, a movie is not the work of just one person. It’s a collective effort by lots of hardworking people. The least we can do is judge the creative work on its merit, rather than whichever way the political tide flows.

True, but should people be working with problematic persons accused of serious crimes? That is the question. 

I already answered this in the previous comment. Accused does not mean guilty. It’s not proven in the court of law. In this case, personal bias plays a greater role in deciding whether to associate with the person you knew well in life. 

True, but should people be working with problematic persons accused of serious crimes? That is the question. 

"Accused" is the keyword here, There's 50% chance of someone being guilty and 50% chance of acquittal, Guilty or not is decided by the judge in court, who are we to start punishing people before they have been proven guilty?

The moral dilemma goes both way, what if I am working with a convict or what if I am shunning an innocent? 

Yes, that should be the case with Vivek Agnihotri too. I don’t know more on this as neither have I read up on VA and nor have I seen TKF (theatres are far in South Goa and I am avoiding all disturbing movies for my mental peace). 

In any case, I don’t think viewers need to feel guilty for just watching a movie. Whether or not they resonate with the whole movie, individuals have the right to decide which film deserves their money.

I understand it becomes more of a moral question, especially if the allegations against a Director are proven in the court of law. But expecting an individual with his/her own complex life to feel this strongly about every cause they come across in life is unrealistic. Some feel strongly about one thing, others about another thing. Otherwise, it can be exhausting for a common man to live their regular life.

Also, a movie is not the work of just one person. It’s a collective effort by lots of hardworking people. The least we can do is judge the creative work on its merit, rather than whichever way the political tide flows.

Your reply makes a lot of sense. It is these kinf of replies i was looking for when i made this topic. But most of the replies here are questioning my actions and intentions without giving a single thought to what they themselves were doing in other threads.

I guess paying back in the same coin doesn't sit well with many people here. 

Action is ok, reaction is not. Tit for Tat is a very bad thing. 

Lol, thank you 😆 I am sensing a lot of undercurrent here that’s flying right above my head. It’s been a while since I found my way to this forum, but fan wars haven’t changed.

I get how frustrating it can be to have your intentions questioned. I am all for a good discussion till things don’t get emotional or personal.

Originally posted by NathuPyare

Your reply makes a lot of sense. It is these kinf of replies i was looking for when i made this topic. But most of the replies here are questioning my actions and intentions without giving a single thought to what they themselves were doing in other threads.

Originally posted by NathuPyare

@Bold Finally...

Its not a bad thing but the execution was flawed. "SRK fans" is not an Ideology/Cult/Religion, I'd understand this "Tit for tat" if this issue was a universally accepted issue of the month for SRK fans published in front page of SRK magazine...you just saw that some SRK fan created a thread and started calling everyone hypocrite because they weren't giving the answer you wanted...

Edited by NoraSM - 1 years ago

Lol, thank you 😆 I am sensing a lot of undercurrent here that’s flying right above my head. It’s been a while since I found my way to this forum, but fan wars haven’t changed.

I get how frustrating it can be to have your intentions questioned. I am all for a good discussion till things don’t get emotional or personal.

This might give you u some perspective 

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/160820379 

P.s. I can proudly say that I have made a big contribution in ushering the dull boring BWF into the glorious era of fan wars. 😎 I have come back back after a long time myself. 😳

Originally posted by NoraSM

@Bold Finally...

Its not a bad thing but the execution was flawed. "SRK fans" is not an Ideology/Cult/Religion, I'd understand this "Tit for tat" if this issue was a universally accepted issue of the month for SRK fans published in front page of SRK magazine...you just saw that some SRK fan created a thread and started calling everyone hypocrite because they weren't giving the answer you wanted...

I will have to learn proper execution from SRK fans i guess. I'm still a novice compared to them. 😳

The kind of answer i was expecting, at least from the honest ones, was that if one thing is wrong then the other similar thing should also be called wrong. If right then both are right.

Anyways at this point i feel that u r totally getting what i want to convey but still trying to play word games.