Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Maybe she likes the sindoor 

mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Biraloo

Absolutely. BUT when these people preach us commoners through movies and ads to get rid of regressive practices, why do they get a lot of support as SJW? Why aren't they told to buzz off like this?

Live and let live applies to only rich celebs and not commoners?

If people think kanyadaan being forced on girls is wrong then so is sindoor and mangalsutra. How is it a choice for celebs and coersion for regular girls?

Shes paid to do those movies and ads, let not be dumb and naive as audiences. If shes said it in interviews as her personal opinion then she can be held accountable 

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Biraloo

This dumb card can not apply to someone who was endorsing certain ideological viewpoint through ads or movies. You can not be seen preaching against regressive ideas and go on doing exactly the same thing which you wanted others to reject for the betterment of the society.

Two of the biggest star of the country are promoting vimal pan masala for money, so I don't think celebs give much thought about it. I m not saying you wrong, infact you are right. But I still feel Alia ko ghanta kuch nahi pata, usne sirf paiso k liye ad kiya😆

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

It is not always easy being a woman in India. Even if you have certain ideological stands, sometimes societal pressures can make you act in contrarian ways. Maybe she changed her opinion about certain things. Maybe she felt it easier to give in than hold onto her ideological stands. Who knows. Just wish her the best. 

naaznin thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 9

Following ur rituals n customs is good thing. Also celebs n rich ppl wear sindoor mangalsutra only during marriage not afterwards. 

Shackles of toxic patriarchy should be broken but not every rituals n customs is toxic it's beautiful too.

Joannna thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I’m sure Alia wouldn’t wear her Mangalsutra everyday . That and sindoor were just part of the marriage ritual .