Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: mintyblue

Mine are:

Sujoy Ghosh: Next level thrillers. Knows how to intersperse storytelling with absolutely raw, riveting moments which capture the thriller dimension perfectly.

I want to like Sujoy so much but I have a hard giving him credit for stories that he pretty much copy pastes from another movie. Kahaani was original to my knowledge and it was great. Kahaani 2 was also original and to me it was a mess. Te3n was copied almost exactly and as was Badla. I am trying to think except for the gender swap which scene was added to Badla that was Sujoy's original creation or concept. He was smart enough to not be Mohit Suri, who takes great foreign thrillers like the Chaser and I saw the Devil and add Indian songs and melodrama to churn out Murder 2 and Ek Villain. Which also succeeded in their own way despite his makeover because the original stories were so great. 

I do love that Sujoy works with my favorite genre. But I hope he can do some more good original work to showcase what he is about. Right now he is just better at copying than Mohit Suri and is more tasteful. 

I liked Typewriter but I would not call it a great piece of work. The best part were the actors. 

Harinivas thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

I know you asked for Bollywood, 

but I love more than Hindi movies, 

in fact some of the Hindi directors who used to be my fav have really put me off - for e.g. Imtiaz Ali, Hirani 

The one I will still watch is Vishal Bharadwaj.

the Hindi women directors are a hit or miss, 

they still are not in the 

โ€˜Will watch no matter what listโ€™ 

the ones below are that list for me 

Mani Ratnam (Tamil/Hindi)

K Viswanath (Telugu) 

Ram Gopal Verma (Telugu)

Syam Pushkaran  (Malayalam)

Anjali Menon (Malayalam) 

Shibhoprasad Mukherjee (Bengali)

Rituparno Gosh (Bengali)

Kedar Shinde (Marathi)