Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IamRaj96 thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Neonholic

I dont think so. From next year the era that will begin will be an era of limited series quality shows with the entry of Rudrakaal. Starplus said in their last interview that Rudrakaal will be the first series of ITV that will break the barrier between tv and movie industry. They had also stated that now its time they start moving towards a new direction. ITV needs a big change and i totally pray for Rudrakaal's huge success.

https://www-iwmbuzz-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.iwmbuzz.com/television/news/star-plus-pushes-premium-content-mini-series-launch/2019/09/04/amp?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA%3D%3D#aoh=16090515264511&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.iwmbuzz.com%2Ftelevision%2Fnews%2Fstar-plus-pushes-premium-content-mini-series-launch%2F2019%2F09%2F04

They said same thing during POW/everest/Arambh launch but what happened audience rejected these shows very badly 

Then they tried dahleez, dil sambhal ja zara, sumit sambhal lega , tamanna, ek hasina thi ,kya qusoor hai amla ka but all these shows are badly rejected by audience (except ek hasina thi) so then agsin took usual root of their family dramas

I think in main GEC's star plus is the only one who time nd again tried different quality shows but every time audience is the only who rejected them badly now we cant even blame them (thankfully i have watched all above shows) nd now they are again experimenting with rudrakaal nd i have gut feeling it will be flopped badly ( we have to accept our audience only loves regressive stuff where they get pleasure in seeing others in pain)

Others like zee nd colors never ever tried out of box concepts(colors only made good show like 24 except that they have none)

Plus the article you have tagged is released in 2019 before covid nd after covid they have skipped this whole idea of premium content ....in early 2020 they tried limited epi series like dadi amma nd dil jaise dhadke dhadkne do but again it got flopped and ended without completing its story

Edited by Rajpatil12 - 3 years ago
IamRaj96 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dotslover22

True. Star Jalsa has some idiotic shows but some shows are really good. There are also new concept shows coming up like Robir notun bouthan and Desher Maati.

Why can't Sp make remakes of good shows like  Gaaner opare, Care Kori na, Gopal Bhar, Prothoma Kadombini, Ami Sirajer Begum and others like this. All were so good and most of them were pretty successful. 

These shows are not big successfull gaaner opare,care kori na, gopal bhar are avg success with mostly 200-250 episodes.....whereas ami sirajer begum was big flop it ended within 3-4 months due to low ratings

Whereas prothoma kadombini is pretty successful at 6pm it used to get 6+tvr but ut was never slot leader now khelaghor which is launched at 6pm become instantly slot leader within 2 weeks with 8+tvr plus prothoma kadombini is biopic  of bengali doctor i dont how north indian audience will accept it

Right now only show which deserves remake is khorkuto its no.1 show with with good light hearted fam drama

Upcoming shows like desher maati, robir notun bouthan , gangaram looks really promising

Arko1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Rajpatil12

They said same thing during POW/everest/Arambh launch but what happened audience rejected these shows very badly 

Then they tried dahleez, dil sambhal ja zara, sumit sambhal lega , tamanna, ek hasina thi ,kya qusoor hai amla ka but all these shows are badly rejected by audience (except ek hasina thi) so then agsin took usual root of their family dramas

I think in main GEC's star plus is the only one who time nd again tried different quality shows but every time audience is the only who rejected them badly now we cant even blame them (thankfully i have watched all above shows) nd now they are again experimenting with rudrakaal nd i have gut feeling it will be flopped badly ( we have to accept our audience only loves regressive stuff where they get pleasure in seeing others in pain)

Others like zee nd colors never ever tried out of box concepts(colors only made good show like 24 except that they have none)

Plus the article you have tagged is released in 2019 before covid nd after covid they have skipped this whole idea of premium content ....in early 2020 they tried limited epi series like dadi amma nd dil jaise dhadke dhadkne do but again it got flopped and ended without completing its story

I dont think Rudrakaal will flop because the story has family drama in it. They are very smartly executing Rudrakaal so that trp audience and smart class audience both stays happy.

Sorry i dont agree with your point of view that trp audience are regressive otherwise Ghum wouldn't have been on top 5. Lets not forget Sai is a very powerful female lead and also Viraat is a super supportive husband.

Trp system is totally manipulated since 2016. We dont even know yet whether Anupama is really a trp topper or not but according to the other rating measurement sources @Desis.Live Anupama doesn't exist. Infact i was surprised seeing Mirzapur as the topper and after that Yrkkh.

Until trp system changes we will never get to know the real ratings of tv shows. Barc ex CEO has been arrested for being mastermind of this scam. Lets see what comes in our way. 

OriginalJuhi_04 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Those times TRP system was there and still there. But the TM and I are hopeful that TRP system may go. Remember before 2010 there were all kinds of shows on Star Plus- kids shows, 1 day 1 story comedy shows, thriller shows, detective shows, fantasy shows along with daily soaps. There was TRP system but still most of such shows ran properly for a long time from 1-3 years instead of ending in months. I think only Josh ran for a short time in 2003 don't know due to low ratings or budget issues or people not used to such male-dominated action drama with no love angle. But many other shows of different themes ran properly. Shaka Laka Boom Boom had different seasons without gap- Sanju and friends, Shaan and 5 orphan siblings, Jadoo High. Why do t they make sich shows again? This results in kids either watching nonsense cartoons that started from few years or them too watching daily soaps. I remember reading You Tube comments on how kids and preteens too watch such shows. 1 comment from a woman I read under Jiji Maa promo was something- Aapka show bahot accha hai. Meri 5 saal ki beti aapka show dekhti hai. Wow! So some adults proudly accepting that their kids too watch such crap shows. And teens and youths instead of thriller and comedy shows are watching daily soaps from years.

Edited by Juhi_04 - 3 years ago
OriginalJuhi_04 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

I dont think Rudrakaal will flop because the story has family drama in it. They are very smartly executing Rudrakaal so that trp audience and smart class audience both stays happy.

Sorry i dont agree with your point of view that trp audience are regressive otherwise Ghum wouldn't have been on top 5. Lets not forget Sai is a very powerful female lead and also Viraat is a super supportive husband.

Trp system is totally manipulated since 2016. We dont even know yet whether Anupama is really a trp topper or not but according to the other rating measurement sources @Desis.Live Anupama doesn't exist. Infact i was surprised seeing Mirzapur as the topper and after that Yrkkh.

Until trp system changes we will never get to know the real ratings of tv shows. Barc ex CEO has been arrested for being mastermind of this scam. Lets see what comes in our way. 

I am yet to understand how Prem Bandhan TRP increased by high percentage that is from 0.6 to 0.9 on a channel where usually 1.2 is the highest rating. If 0.3 points increased on paid GEC channels where average ratings are between 2.0-3.0 it would be fine but increasing points by 0.3 on Dangal is suspicious when that show opened at 0.5. If other shows had increase in points on that channel it would be by 0.1 at a time but not by 0.3 all of a sudden. Anupama being topper is another joke. Who is interested in watching Gharwali-Baharwali drama in these times. This show is among Top 3 since it started not due to excuse of some people that Anupama standing against cheater husband increasing ratings. Hope this TRP nonsense ends as I lost several good shows due to it. 

IamRaj96 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Juhi_04

Those times TRP system was there and still there. But the TM and I are hopeful that TRP system may go. Remember before 2010 there were all kinds of shows on Star Plus- kids shows, 1 day 1 story comedy shows, thriller shows, detective shows, fantasy shows along with daily soaps. There was TRP system but still most of such shows ran properly for a long time from 1-3 years instead of ending in months. I think only Josh ran for a short time in 2003 don't know due to low ratings or budget issues or people not used to such male-dominated action drama with no love angle. But many other shows of different themes ran properly. Shaka Lala Boom Boom had different seasons without gap- Sanju and friends, Shaan and 5 orphan siblings, Jadoo High. Why do t they make sich shows again? This results in kids either watching nonsense cartoons that started from few years or them too watching daily soaps. I remember reading You Tube comments on how kids and preteens too watch such shows. 1 comment from a woman I read under Jiji Maa promo was something- Aapka show bahot accha hai. Meri 5 saal ki beti aapka show dekhti hai. Wow! So some adults proudly accepting that their kids too watch such crap shows. And teens and youths instead of thriller and comedy shows are watching daily soaps from years.

I fully agree with u before 2010 star plus was best from shakakaka boom to khichdi to baa bahu baby they catered to every target audience but now they are catering to  only housewives....competition rised with colors entry nd they forced to abandon such variety of programmes.....right now only sony is catering variety to audience and we are seeing their condition

Competition def killed quality of shows.....before star plus entry major player was dd national at that time there was not at all competition so audience have no other option to watch but now audience have lots of option nd they are only opting for masaka shows

IamRaj96 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Juhi_04

I am yet to understand how Prem Bandhan TRP increased by high percentage that is from 0.6 to 0.9 on a channel where usually 1.2 is the highest rating. If 0.3 points increased on paid GEC channels where average ratings are between 2.0-3.0 it would be fine but increasing points by 0.3 on Dangal is suspicious when that show opened at 0.5. If other shows had increase in points on that channel it would be by 0.1 at a time but not by 0.3 all of a sudden. Anupama being topper is another joke. Who is interested in watching Gharwali-Baharwali drama in these times. This show is among Top 3 since it started not due to excuse of some people that Anupama standing against cheater husband increasing ratings. Hope this TRP nonsense ends as I lost several good shows due to it. 

Anupamaa is major hit in every language....its accepted by pan india so no wonder its no.1 in hindi belt also

Btw im watching marathi version of anupamaa aai kuthe kay karte nd i can def say that marathi aai kuthey kay karte is best show on tv from its content to acting of actors everything is perfect they are giving right message by showing female lead strong rather than forgiving her husband who cheated on her

Many indian middle aged women faces same situation i have personally seen it....its not typical another love triangle story is mature nd they are handling it very well .....show is shocasing journey of middle aged women who faces crisis in her late 40's they are showing every possible situation in most posdible realistic way....recenly in one track they showed how late 40's women faces menstruation problem nd they showed in best possible way....in marathi right now they are focussing marital rape where her soon to be daughter in law raped by her 1st husband 

I can def say that Anupamaa/aai kuthey kay karte are much better than crap lovestories of young leads & deserves trp what they are currently getting .....i never liked how producers only produce youngsters lovestories with same cliche dupatta scene nd blah blah just to lure younger audience.....comeon everything is just not abt maariage love nd all....there are people who faces different problems thsn just love affairs nd all

IamRaj96 thumbnail

Just wait n watch time will tell i dont have any hopes from itv audience (even POW also smartly executed family drama in it same with dahleez also but what hapoened)

I dont find GHKPM any exceptional show it just normal love triangle....btw i never really liked its concept from start like virat nd pakhi fell deeply in love just by one meeting nd they didnt even know each others name but made promoise to pakhi that he will never love anyone except her (i call this is nibba nibbi love) then comes to sai even tho she is strong but more than that i find her more immature nd irritating plus the family drama is as same as other shows like strong matriarchal head....one more thing im maharashtrian nd what they are showing is def not even matches one percent to marathi ppl....they didnt even pronounce marathi words properly in that matter pavitra rishta was best marathi background show 

And regarding desi live....even i also read their tweets we dont even even if its official or not but they are claiming it like really how can we just trust unofficial sources....so they even have measurement system like barc ?? Nd if yes then on what basis they measure popularity.... Barc atleast installs meters by collecting various type of data like economical condition , population, geographical location etc.....nowdays ppl easily blv anything without confirming its official or not like ppl blv in that fake online trps.....comeon they are created on their own their is not even official site like barc which publishes online ratings but everyone believes it.....2 yrs ago barc tried to create measurement system (Named EKAM u can google it) just to gauge online popularity of ott/tv shows every ott app gave permission to reveal their data but google (youtube) denied so that plan scrapped

Aleyamma47 thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail

Star pus first planned official remake of pandian stores means gupta brothers on their own channel & promised prime slot to producer mahesh pandey then they started shooting in banaras nd after that lockdown imposed then again discussion started with producer mahesh pandey nd in end they shifted this show to star bharat but after lockdown star bharat changed its genre to comedy drama  

That's so sad! 😒 If star Plus still wants to go on with an OFFICIAL REMAKE of Pandian Stores, then why can't they just shift Gupta Brothers from Star Bharat to Star Plus? 

After all, both are owned by the Star India only!

Why are the makeing a WHOLE NEW SHOW WITH A NEW PRODUCER, CAST & CREW of an OFFICIAL REMAKE of another ONGOING SHOW?

Isn't that an INSULT for MAHESH PANDEY and GUPTA BROTHERS CAST & CREW?

I seriously feel very bad for them!

so mahesh pandey scrapped whole show they even scrapoed shoot of banaras nd they recasted many actors to fit into comedy genre they changed plot nd everything now when show goes on air star bharat again turned into serious drama from comedy genre as they got low response from audience 

So basically a lot of EFFORTS was put into this show? 

And it is totally INJUSTICE to CREATE A TOTALLY NEW SHOW WITH NEW CAST AND PRODUCER OF THE SAME CONCEPT!

so now gupta brothers plot is almost same to pandian stores with little changes nd now they announced one more remake of pandian stores how is that possible....atleast they could have waited to end gupta brothers

It is 95% the same! With the marriage of two younger brothers and the plight of the eldest brother and sister-in-law to KEEP THE FAMILY UNITED!

It is so WRONG to start a new SHOW WITH DIFFERENT PRODUCER, CAST & CREW, when is is so CLEAR that the Gupta Brothers' CVs have put in so much of EFFORTS!

They should have JUST SHIFTED GUPTA BROTHERS TO STAR PLUS!

Btw star plus is remaking one more star bharat show karthik poornima which went off air in lockdown due to low rating it is official remake of telugu show karthika deepam( btw impression wise karthika deepam is indias most watched fiction show even kundli bhagya urban+rural impressions fails to beat karthika deepam)

No it is not a telugu show Karthika Deepam. 

In fact, the telugu show itself is an official remake of Asianet Malayalam series Karuthamuthu!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karuthamuthu

So the original is a Malayalam series of Asianet!

Others like zee and colors never ever tried out of box concepts(colors only made good show like 24 except that they have none)

I totally agree with you 👍🏼 on that because even I have felt that Star is the only network which has tried to PRODUCE QUALITY, MODERN AND LESSER REGRESSIVE SHOWS compared to other Hindi GEC Channels!

But unfortunately, most of the differently conceptualized shows have become FLOPS! 👎🏼

Zee will soon break a RECORD for producing REGRESSIVE SHOWS WHICH DEFAME, WOMEN & MARRIAGE!

IamRaj96 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aleyamma47

That's so sad! 😒 If star Plus still wants to go on with an OFFICIAL REMAKE of Pandian Stores, then why can't they just shift Gupta Brothers from Star Bharat to Star Plus? 

After all, both are owned by the Star India only!

Why are the makeing a WHOLE NEW SHOW WITH A NEW PRODUCER, CAST & CREW of an OFFICIAL REMAKE of another ONGOING SHOW?

Isn't that an INSULT for MAHESH PANDEY and GUPTA BROTHERS CAST & CREW?

I seriously feel very bad for them!

So basically a lot of EFFORTS was put into this show? 

And it is totally INJUSTICE to CREATE A TOTALLY NEW SHOW WITH NEW CAST AND PRODUCER OF THE SAME CONCEPT!

It is 95% the same! With the marriage of two younger brothers and the plight of the eldest brother and sister-in-law to KEEP THE FAMILY UNITED!

It is so WRONG to start a new SHOW WITH DIFFERENT PRODUCER, CAST & CREW, when is is so CLEAR that the Gupta Brothers' CVs have put in so much of EFFORTS!

They should have JUST SHIFTED GUPTA BROTHERS TO STAR PLUS!

No it is not a telugu show Karthika Deepam. 

In fact, the telugu show itself is an official remake of Asianet Malayalam series Karuthamuthu!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karuthamuthu

So the original is a Malayalam series of Asianet!

I totally agree with you 👍🏼 on that because even I have felt that Star is the only network which has tried to PRODUCE QUALITY, MODERN AND LESSER REGRESSIVE SHOWS compared to other Hindi GEC Channels!

But unfortunately, most of the differently conceptualized shows have become FLOPS! 👎🏼

Zee will soon break a RECORD for producing REGRESSIVE SHOWS WHICH DEFAME, WOMEN & MARRIAGE!

First i was really excited for gupta brothers but i didnt get why they shifted to star bharat when star bharat was turning into comedy channel as gupta brothers concept was far away from comedy.....if they really wanted comedy shows for their beloved star bharat there are plenty of producers who are masters in comedy genre like JD majethia , optimystic production, neela telefilms, edit2 productions etc they can just give permission to  them to produce sitcoms nd they will happily produce .....why pit so much efforts to scrap show and then cancel pilot shoot then recast everyone nd that too for producer who is barely 2-3 shows old nd all his shows are family dramas why put so much burden on him.....this is total injustice to him

If they knows that remakes are not gonna work on star bharat then why comssioned to them first karthik poornima nd then pandian stores here they successfully wasted 2 hit remakes on flop star bharat

And i think they dont want to shift gupta brothers as show is already started on bharat nd now if it will shift on sp then there very less chances of becoming hit so they opt for one more remake of pandian stores( which i totally find injustice to mahesh pandey)

Abt karthika deepam .....karthika deepam is revised remake of that malayalam show nd all other versions followed karthika deepam plot thats why many article nd news states that all other versions are remake of karthika deepam

Abt zee i think that channel is waste.....i would say that network is really really kanjoos network i have ever seen they never ever spent money on their shows they just want high profits from low budgets