Platonic relationships between opposite sex in Bollywood movies?

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

It's very rare to find platonic relationships  between opposite sexes in Bollywood movies because most of the time it's shown that ladka aur ladki kabhi dost nahi ho sakte.

If they are not lovers then they can only be bhai-behen. No middle ground.

So mention those rare movies where a platonic relationship was shown between a guy and a girl, and you liked it.

My favorite is SRK and Amrita Rao in Main Hoon Na because they didn't play bhai-behen in it.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FilmiDhun thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Main hoon Na is not a good example. SRK and amrita had their own love interests in the film and therefore there was no need of forcing a romantic angle into their equation.

But yeah, I have racked my brain and can't think of a movie where the hero heroine were just friends with them being the focal point of the movie. (Don't give examples like say Aditi and Bunny from YJHD because like MHN, they had their own LIs and they weren't the central pair of the film).

I can't blame BW though. Let's ask ourselves. If you are straight and have this really deep bond with a person of the opposite sex, is it possible to keep your feelings completely platonic? Especially if say that person is attractive?

Experience has shown me that a straight girl and a straight guy can be very good friends, but not "BEST" friends. In such cases either both eventually fall in love, or one person falls for the other and gets friendzoned.

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Jazz and Imran in Namaste London.

sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Had a good think about this and there are next to none. There’s almost always a crush/heartbreak involved. Hate to say it, but I agree that generally speaking a guy and girl who are actually that close and single, someone ends up falling more often than not.

Priyodorshee thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Ram Sanjana - MHN

Bunny Aditi - YJHD

Payel Mambo - Ishq Vishk

Haila_tu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Soha Ali Khan & all the boys in RDB. 

ninny thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Lakhna and Indumati in Sonchiriya.

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Haila_tu

Soha Ali Khan & all the boys in RDB. 

Though it is true at large, I remember Sid’s character being attracted to Soha’s.no?

Sense9 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: cutejodikangal

Though it is true at large, I remember Sid’s character being attracted to Soha’s.no?

I dont think he was attracted to her romantically. More like he was looking out for her.

Muskie thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: cutejodikangal

ohh yess it was truely visibly in "tu bin bataye"👍🏼 

But all the boys did share amazing bonding with soha's character 😳