Views

Users

Frequent Posters

psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Shabia1

You have put so aptly 

I have never seen a male lead so expressive and in touch with his emotions. He is never confused. You can never provoke him. He knows what he wants. So soft yet so strong. The list goes on and on and I can't just describe this rare beautiful character❤️

This is exactly it! He can't be provoked (unless you threaten Bani, in which case watch out). Gussa aata bhi hai toh in a flash it's gone again, he's like 'life's too short to be constantly angry'. He's already moved on to the next thing. It's fascinating to watch, koi bhi baat ko zyaada dil pe nahin leta. It's like you say: he knows who he is and what he wants, and that brings him clarity. Now he knows the whole truth about his past, and finally understands Bani's hatred and his own strange kichaav towards her...and that brings him sukoon. For him, everything is as it was, as it should be, as it will be. 

Edited by psawyer - 3 years ago
BlackWitch thumbnail

My replies in red 😃 

Originally posted by: psawyer

Everything in this post is like a satyavachan - no lies detected 😆 Haha, thank you 😆

I very much enjoy the way Veer's character has been shaped, and indeed how Sharad plays him. Veer is dominating and strong and has a healthy ego, but he doesn't confuse 'love and passion' with 'humiliating a woman'. So many times you see the prototype alpha male lead who is so out of touch with his own feelings (often only towards the female lead, otherwise he's respectful to everyone else in the world🤔) that he basically uses the woman as a personal punching bag until he's ready to learn how to be a grown-up. By which point of course the woman is deeply and madly in love with him for some reason, and so there's never any redemption of his unnecessary aggression and humiliation. I swear! This whole concept has been done to death on ITV. For some reason, women are seen as rehabilitation centres who will change this rude and arrogant misogynistic man and show him what decency and love mean. Till then, everyone from the grandma to pardaadi will insist on the girl understanding and giving time to the male lead. He will stand there mute while other evil family members torture the female lead and she cries copious tears but doesn’t say a word because she’s so pure. I am verryyy happy that Veer isn’t like this and neither is Bani someone who will take things lying down.

Yes, Veer too does and has done the "chasing the heroine around the room to corner her" thing, but it was never with the intention to humiliate or scare her, or to prove his manliness over someone smaller or "weaker" than him. 

One moment that always stands out for me is from one of the earlier episodes - when Bani literally pushes him out of that party venue because "it's not yet 9pm", and he's out there lying back against his car, waiting. His brothers are surrounding him like the devils on his shoulder, affronted by Bani's actions and egging him on in a way to teach her a lesson. And for a moment it looks like the show will have Veer do exactly that as he jumps up off the car. Any other show, any other male lead probably would have done that - stalked back in there and found a way to "teach her a lesson" for daring to stand up to him. But Veer just looks at his brothers and is like, dudes, this is bad advice. I like this girl, why would I want to hurt her. He just straight up rejects that whole line of thinking, and this is before we've ever seen him do anything particularly nice, this is even before (by his own admission) he's ever truly cared for a human being. Wow! I actually don’t remember this scene at all. How wonderful that this also happened and Veer demonstrated how a true mard should behave in front of his brothers. Veer is generally respectful towards women. The only time he crossed a line was with Noor and that was also due to some misplaced form of justice.

That split second of a scene shouldn't have been remarkable, but to me, it was, because it feels so rare on Indian TV. 

I guess the biggest plus to Veer's character, the thing that shapes everything else, is that he is not emotionally repressed, by any stretch of the imagination smiley36 jo dil mein hai, woh bolne ki himmat zuban par bhi hai. He's also not a fool about it - he's not trusting of every idiot who wanders into his path, and his brain is sharp and calculating - but it is so nice to see a ML who isn't afraid of the softer emotions. Exactly! Veer isn’t emotionally repressed. He feels everything intensely. And that makes him a very brave person. He wears his heart on his sleeve and gives Bani full permission to break it, but that won’t change a thing about how he feels for her 

BlackWitch thumbnail

Sukoon is indeed the right word you used here. It reflected in his eyes when he finally understood everything about his past.

Veer doesn’t take himself too seriously either. Halki si life jeena chahta hai. If Bani allows herself to, she could lead a beautiful life filled with happiness and laughter with Veer.

Originally posted by: psawyer

This is exactly it! He can't be provoked (unless you threaten Bani, in which case watch out). Gussa aata bhi hai toh in a flash it's gone again, he's like 'life's too short to be constantly angry'. He's already moved on to the next thing. It's fascinating to watch, koi bhi baat ko zyaada dil pe nahin leta. It's like you say: he knows who he is and what he wants, and that brings him clarity. Now he knows the whole truth about his past, and finally understands Bani's hatred and his own strange kichaav towards her...and that brings him sukoon. For him, everything is as it was, as it should be, as it will be. 

BlackWitch thumbnail

Hai na? I also wondered this. Matlab hafte mein do baar show aata hai and uss mein bhi itni galtiyaan karte ho 😆 Daily hota toh band hi baj jaati show ki.

Originally posted by: J2lover

Sometimes I really don't understand! This is a biweekly show! How can they run out of time for editing and VFX!😆 Why so poor execution!😆 

J2lover thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: gurl-enchanted

Hai na? I also wondered this. Matlab hafte mein do baar show aata hai and uss mein bhi itni galtiyaan karte ho 😆 Daily hota toh band hi baj jaati show ki.

Exactly!😆 Konse baahubali level VFX dikhaana hai waise bhi!🤔 Mazaak bana rakha hai VFX ka!😆

Edited by J2lover - 3 years ago
psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I swear! This whole concept has been done to death on ITV. For some reason, women are seen as rehabilitation centres who will change this rude and arrogant misogynistic man and show him what decency and love mean. Till then, everyone from the grandma to pardaadi will insist on the girl understanding and giving time to the male lead. He will stand there mute while other evil family members torture the female lead and she cries copious tears but doesn’t say a word because she’s so pure. I am verryyy happy that Veer isn’t like this and neither is Bani someone who will take things lying down.

Honestly, I basically stopped watching ITV shows for years partly due to this trend. I like a good Mills-and-Boon, 'angry hero and ball of sunshine heroine' push-and-pull romance as much as the next person, but too often you watch a show and you're like, "exactly why should I be rooting for these people to get together? He's awful and she's a doormat". Thank goodness neither Veer nor Bani are like that; they're not just saying "I'm strong and independent" for the sake of it, they truly are. I loved it when on the day of the wedding Bani told Veer that any hardship she's going to face in this marriage, he'll have to face too -- she won't go through it alone. Nafrat hi sahi par takkar barabar ki hogi. Aur pyar bhi eventually barabar ka hi hoga. 

Veer is generally respectful towards women. The only time he crossed a line was with Noor and that was also due to some misplaced form of justice.

@at bold: yes, I felt that was uncalled for, and tbh at that early point in the story I did feel the writers were going to go the typical route with him and make him this uber gross guy who the heroine's 'true lowe' ends up reforming. I think in those early days the show was really trying to draw the "evil vs good" strokes super broadly, to show how Good™ Jay was, and how Evil™ Veer is in contrast. Which is probably why he was a bit overly manic obsessive in those early scenes and he and his brothers were constantly ramp walking to the "cheel cheel cheel" song. Because, you know, symbolismsmiley36. Thankfully, at least as far as Veer is concerned, they toned that down and gave him a lot more nuance. And conveniently invented a twin brother who could do the nasty deed of actually 'killing' Jaysmiley36.

Exactly! Veer isn’t emotionally repressed. He feels everything intensely. And that makes him a very brave person. He wears his heart on his sleeve and gives Bani full permission to break it, but that won’t change a thing about how he feels for her smiley42

Yes, this! My kryptonite in love stories is when the man falls for the woman first, and unabashedly so; again, probably bc it's so rare in ITV for that to happen. From the first, Veer was attracted to and drawn to Bani, and without any prompting from her that attraction turned to love. Which to me means that nothing can ever change it; his love isn't conditional on Bani loving him back or her being nice to him or whatever. It just is. He wants her to love him, of course, but even if she doesn't, that's okay. He'll love her more to make up for it. That, I think, is what confuses Bani the most. No matter what she throws at him he only throws love back; it doesn't jibe with what she thinks she knows of him (as Aakesh or Veer), tabhi toh Bani ke dimaag ka dahi ho raha hai 🤣

Edited by psawyer - 3 years ago
Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Well, I think Ritik stabbed Shivanya on his Mom’s insistence, right? I didn’t watch N4, or much of N3, so can’t say about Mahir or Dev.

No rithik dint stabbed shivanya thou he agreed under yamini's manipulation but could not stab her it was yamini who stabbed shivanya . Ha indirectly keh sakte as being Suryavanshi prince rithik can only kill an icchadhaari naagin, so rithik holding d knife was enough.

Soon after shivanya getting stabbed , he himself was stabbed

Rithik made up 4 this he was ready to sacrifice his life in order to shivanya gaining her powers back as she lost it out of consummation with rithik but Sangram Singh saved rithik  by sacrificing.

Rithik ka gussa sahi tha as koi bhi normal insaan vaise hi react kare ga , he was never responsible 4 shivanya's miseries.

Even maahir was never responsible 4 bela's miseries , he did asked why don't u told me all these things before as maahir reach d place latelywhere Ruhi aka bela was harassed & vikrant was supposedly killed , he knew something bad happen but no body was ready to inform anything later he asked bela to leave , he dint harmed bela. Maahir never defended his brother but he was someone who don't tolerate lies or dhoka.

S2- rocky after knowing shivangi's truth purposely slept with her in order to make her loose her naagin powers & send her jail . It backfired coz Shivangi never loose her power as rocky was takshak naag .

What rocky did with Shivangi was unpardonable ,many of naagin fans considered it as rape .

It was expected veer will not hate bani as akesh sitting inside him will not allow him , if u remove akesh factor than also veer dont have any logical reason to hate bani  

Edited by deepikagupta9 - 3 years ago
forest_foliage thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

@bold - Why do you say this though? I didn’t se the precap, so don’t know what indicates that she isn’t over taking revenge from Veer. She said no when Jay asked her if Veer is to be included in the revenge plan na?

She told Veer that she will be back to repeat the same final outcome of Satyug, and yesterday's episode's freezing point was a bit misleading, in tonight's episode we might get the continuation of Bani's dialogue. 

vinnas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: deepikagupta9

No rithik dint stabbed shivanya thou he agreed under yamini's manipulation but could not stab her it was yamini who stabbed shivanya . Ha indirectly keh sakte as being Suryavanshi prince rithik can only kill an icchadhaari naagin, so rithik holding d knife was enough.

Soon after shivanya getting stabbed , he himself was stabbed

Its again Yami who Brutally stabbed and Drowned Ritik in River 😲 next snakes came to help him 

Shivi along with sangramrsingh ,guruji by the Help of NM revived him back 

Rithik made up 4 this he was ready to sacrifice his life in order to shivanya gaining her powers back as she lost it out of consummation with rithik but Sangram Singh saved rithik  by sacrificing.

Rithik ka gussa sahi tha as koi bhi normal insaan vaise hi react kare ga , he was never responsible 4 shivanya's miseries.

Even maahir was never bela's miseries , he did asked why don't u told me all these things before & he asked to leave . Baad to maahir ko bilkul barbaad kar diya , no he dint did anything wrong to bela but season barbaad ho gaya tha . 

S2- rocky after knowing shivangi's truth purposely slept with her in order to make her loose her naagin powers & send her jail . It backfired coz Shivangi never loose her power as rocky was takshak naag .

What rocky did with Shivangi was unpardonable ,many of naagin fans considered it as rape .

Exactly 😈Hate that disgusting pattar 🤢

It was expected veer will not hate bani as akesh sitting inside him will not allow him , if u remove akesh factor than also veer dont have any logical reason to hate bani  

Bold 😎

Nichuss thumbnail

totally agreed to ur post..................... lov Veer