Bollywood movies where the second half was better than the first half?

Posted: 4 years ago

It's a common norm that Bollywood filmmakers put so much energy in the first half of a movie that the second half almost always comes as inferior. So what are some movies  where according to you the second half was better than the first half?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cpt.DudleySmith thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

Piku. Can't think of anything else that stands out.

KebabMeinHaddi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

War definitely. 

K3G, I liked the 2nd half better 

Kahaani. Not like the first half was bad but the film was a perfect example of how a post interval hour and a half of runtime shoud look like.

lovemango thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Tamasha for me. While the first half was fun, it was kind of random, and the movie picked up and started making sense only during the 2nd half. Imtiaz usually slackens in the 2nd half of all of his movies (Rockstar, Love Aaj Kal), but Tamasha was opposite in the 2nd half.

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: lovemango

Tamasha for me. While the first half was fun, it was kind of random, and the movie picked up and started making sense only during the 2nd half. Imtiaz usually slackens in the 2nd half of all of his movies (Rockstar, Love Aaj Kal), but Tamasha was opposite in the 2nd half.

The Corsica scenes were super fun individually but they didn't mesh well with the rest of the film. It could have been its own separate film. It is very difficult to connect Don with Ved. Imtiaz should have done something else in the first half.

Alpha_Aakash thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Baby Movie.

The whole Saudi Aldera drama and how they take back Maulana is damn interesting.

Though overall Baby movie is awesome but i like post interval part more.

Glitter_In_Eye thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Agreed. And War has to be another one.