Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gaushiv13 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: music_l0ver036

I've never thought that the writers were trying to "white wash" her. I think there's bound to be some conflict when we are talking about intergenerational differences. The whole traditional vs. modern discussion. Meenakshi thinks that the oldest of the family should be the head and everyone should obey them. And she has taken up to herself to be in that role, whether she's actually the oldest or not. And Meenakshi believes she's sacrificed so much of herself for the family so they owe her their obedience. That's why every time anyone criticizes her, she spirals out of control. I absolutely love the fact that Abir is always the first one to stand up to her because he is her son and he sees the flaws, and he's not scared of her. He respects her but he is not scared of her. I enjoy it when he talks about obvious ways she's manipulating the rest of the family members... we have at least one person who knows her inside and out. That's why I do not think the writers are trying to pain an innocent picture of Meenakshi. The way she's written, it's literally Meenakshi and Parul that find no flaws with Meenakshi. Obviously there are holes with characterizations but for the most part Meenakshi is consistent. She was mad at Mishti, not because she exposed Ved's truth, but because Mishti doing so made Meenakshi's family go against her. And that's Meenakshi's worst fear, the family she's poured her heart and soul to would ever think to abandon her. 

From being in India-forums for so long, I realized that people do not want to give any benefit of the doubt to "villians". I am really interested in picking apart characters and seeing their essence, why they do the things they do.. To be honest, Meenakshi is the first villian in a very long time that's grabbed my attention this much. As much as I hate her, I know people like that. I know both men and women who want to control their family, make sure the children do not cross boundaries, listen to their elders without any objection, and be thankful to their elders every step of the way. Yeah of course there's more drama attached to Meenakshi for the purpose of the show but I definitely find the nuances of her character interesting. 

omg

i have the same thought as yours on meenakshi

naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

guys how are you able to find emoticons on this new layout?

Btw i just read this thread and everything said for meenakshi is so apt. i liked abir's frustration yesterday when he said the no one stands up against meenakshi that is why she is free to do everything. Maybe the guy feels his mother could be corrected from going the wrong way if everyone stands up for himself/herself

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: naq5

Btw i just read this thread and everything said for meenakshi is so apt. i liked abir's frustration yesterday when he said the no one stands up against meenakshi that is why she is free to do everything. Maybe the guy feels his mother could be corrected from going the wrong way if everyone stands up for himself/herself

What’s the point of Abir being frustrated with her in one epi and then going back to being emotional over her stupid nautanki in the next? There is no consistency or clarity in their equation 🙄, hence all pointless. 

naq5 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

What’s the point of Abir being frustrated with her in one epi and then going back to being emotional over her stupid nautanki in the next? There is no consistency or clarity in their equation 🙄, hence all pointless. 

i agree abir is fluctuating. 

either its because the makers are trying to show him to love his mother and a doting son so as to please trp auidence by not making him an outright person who rejects his mother

Or abeer is actually like that. if you see he still pines for his dad. who actually never turned back. any other child would be angry or disappointed with his father. he may be wanting to love his mother and her accepting him. But i am disappointed that he cant see over her manipulations . i thought he was more intelligent than this

AreYaar thumbnail

i agree abir is fluctuating. 

either its because the makers are trying to show him to love his mother and a doting son so as to please trp auidence by not making him an outright person who rejects his mother

Or abeer is actually like that. if you see he still pines for his dad. who actually never turned back. any other child would be angry or disappointed with his father. he may be wanting to love his mother and her accepting him. But i am disappointed that he cant see over her manipulations . i thought he was more intelligent than this

Clearly he isn’t 😂. Which is why it’s hard to credit him with much when it comes to Meenu. He still doesn’t really get what she is. He isn’t strong enough to outwit her. And it’s beyond me why he craves her love when she’s so openly manipulative and doesn’t give him any much affection. Confused soul he is 🤷‍♀️

clarity thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Hey, the emoticons show up for me on my touchpad when I type in the word, like on WhatsApp. Haven't noticed a separate emoticon board like before. 

naq5 thumbnail

Originally posted by: clarity

Hey, the emoticons show up for me on my touchpad when I type in the word, like on WhatsApp. Haven't noticed a separate emoticon board like before. 

well yes in a tablet and phone they r showing up for me too. In desktop or laptop they don't.  So they have done away with the India forums emoticons. I actually liked them. 

clarity thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

well yes in a tablet and phone they r showing up for me too. In desktop or laptop they don't.  So they have done away with the India forums emoticons. I actually liked them. 

The emojis are back 

They've just added an emoji button to the message box. Hope they add fonts soon too. 

IDK why they migrated to the new site if it was not complete.