ME-nakshi: Main Apni Favourite Hoon!

clarity thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago

Namaste people πŸ™ 

Are you guys as tired of Me-Nakshi as I am? πŸ˜‘ 

This lady is so self-obsessed and narcissistic. She makes everything about her. 

It's always I, Me & Myself for her. 

This is her thought process-

KuKu alliance: I will not let my son marry Kuhu because she is the girl who instigated Ketki to disobey ME

Ketki-Ved drama: How dare Mishti go against me and unmask Ved in front of everyone? She was right but who cares, how can Mishti go behind my back?

Temple Drama: I will engineer a fake set up to make everyone feel sorry for daring to question me. How can anybody be angry with me? Let me guilt trip my family so they forget my mistakes. 

She has a raging God complex. It's funny how she manages to see herself as the victim in every situation. 

Shouldn't she be focusing on Ketki who has got the shock of her life? Instead, she is trying to garner sympathy with her natak and diverting everyone's attention. Now everyone will go back to pampering and enabling her. 

She is a baby who throws a tantrum when she doesn't get her way.

In the precap, did she really drop the veena on Mishti 😨  Isn't this an attempt to murder her? How can the CVs talk about wrongdoing and morality if this so-called positive character behaves this way and is let off the hook. At least Mrs Parekh didn't know of Ved's marriage beforehand but she got a dose of justice when people called her out for supporting Ved after that.

What about Me-nakshi? Just because she is Abir and Kunal's mother and KuShti's would be saas, she gets to go scot free? Seems like morals and values are to be applied to characters as per the CVs' wish. 

If the veena incident really happens, Me-nakshi should go to jail for attempting to harm Mishti intentionally. I am sure she will come up with some excuse as to why the veena magically fell off the parapet, but anyone with half a brain has to know that the veena is extremely heavy and can't just walk its way over the balcony. 

Here is Me-nakshi's role model

Image result for jab we met gif

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cool_wonder thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Kinda agree with you..... May be Meeu is that good grey character who does everything in the name of Family.... Here....let us understand that CV's have written her character like that...she does not like People crossing her path....or coming in way of her and her family........ She is angry with Mishti not because she went behind her back.....but because of Mishti's revelation of Ved made the entire family against her... Here in real life people are of different nature and have different characters......all characters cannot be perfect........Though Rupal ji's acting is similar to Kokila here.....Meeu is so so different.... Right now all this drama is because she wants to family to forget what happened during Ketki's wedding....all we praising Mishti and shouting at Meenu which she could not bare...... I don't know where I am confused about the character ... because Meenu as a character is likfe that...Manipulative, Family obsessed, and in order to keep her hold on the family she can go to any extent. I somewhere have a feeling that Meenu is much much more then she portrays... and as of getting disgusted or disliking her...may be that is what CV's want...and they are successful in doing so......It is just a character with hugh human flaws is what I feel.....Mishti and Kuhu will have to watch every step with such MIL
Roselada thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Yeah i agree with she was saying β€œ after coming to know abt ved i have returned the baraatπŸ˜‘β€.

Everything is abt her and she won’t want any family member to go against her. She doesn’t want family only puppets that would do everything according to her. She is always right. I don’t how someone can be so self centered. But she scarified her marriage for taking care of her family still her behaviour is too much to handle. Plus i think the temple drama is just a example of what she can do n many more to come. From Me-nakshi.

Salutethearmy thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 7

Veena is heavy, damn just like a log of wood. 

If Abir some atoms of brain, he shld understand that it is an attempt to murder. 

Abi iss mein bhi murder yoga

Another cliche show which isn't working. Characters are good but plot is meh

EtTuBrutus thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I think the veena incident will be an accident. Doubt they will make her a full fledged murderer at this point. They are probably trying to make her grey and keep her oscillating from bechari to megalomaniac πŸ˜‚ Anyway I hope Abhir gets hurt and in the process some pampering and attention from both the families. Because he just does not exist for them otherwise.

AreYaar thumbnail

I’m beyond tired of the way the writers try to white wash her and think her character can evoke sympathy πŸ™„. Showing her lame FBs about how she took up the family business to help her father was also shown so robotically and in a trite mannerπŸ˜’. Then again, the actress herself is not even remotely convincing in trying to act benevolent. Total fail on all fronts πŸ‘Ž. 

This character and this actress is a big drag on the show. And no, it’s not cuz she is the β€œantagonist”. Execution is bad, hence the lack of conviction. 

AreYaar thumbnail

I'm not sure how many people here remember the show Bidaai....I find it ironic that Rajan Shahi even repeated the same family last name from that show for this show....."Rajvansh"....lol

Anyways, Meenu seems to be somewhat modeled on the Vasundhara Rajvansh character from Bidaai.....with some key differences. Vasu also used everyone in her family as pawns and justified it by saying she's only doing it for the good of the family. Vasu had a core set of prejudices and a class complex but she was humanized by her love towards the son whose love she craved but he always spurned her.

Meenu is a weird mishmash...she controls the family and justifies it saying she is only doing it for them. But the writers are trying to portray it only as a small aberration while otherwise she is some mahaan sacrificing character who has managed the business etc. for her father.....it's not convincing. 

Vasu's greys were way more convincingly portrayed and nobody tried to whitewash her evil actions. Many in the family openly opposed her and called her out. 

Here, Meenu does all kinds of bullshit and in the very next epi, they try to give her an extended trite sob story and expect the audiences to suddenly sympathize with her....it's too disjointed. 

Vasu actually craved the love of her son....here, Meenu remembers her sons as an afterthought....she is just a general control freak....her motivations are not clearly demarcated despite the bhaashan dialogues. Out of the blue, like a robot, Meenu will suddenly get teary about her son Abir....otherwise she is busy with other stuff....lol while Vasu was single-mindedly doing everything very obviously for her sons. 

This shows how poor the writing is these days in the shows cuz nothing is developed properly before launch. 

gaushiv13 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

i feel here even she love her only son that is abir and is using kunal just to be with abir

she doesnt want kunal to marry or marry some defective peice but she is just showing off and making excuse of mishti so that parul is convinced and not get offended

and it will be property matter even 

cant say anything 

but one thing is clear she loves abir alot in her own twisted understaing

and is just using kunal

clarity thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

I'm not sure how many people here remember the show Bidaai....I find it ironic that Rajan Shahi even repeated the same family last name from that show for this show....."Rajvansh"....lol

Anyways, Meenu seems to be somewhat modeled on the Vasundhara Rajvansh character from Bidaai.....with some key differences. Vasu also used everyone in her family as pawns and justified it by saying she's only doing it for the good of the family. Vasu had a core set of prejudices and a class complex but she was humanized by her love towards the son whose love she craved but he always spurned her.

Meenu is a weird mishmash...she controls the family and justifies it saying she is only doing it for them. But the writers are trying to portray it only as a small aberration while otherwise she is some mahaan sacrificing character who has managed the business etc. for her father.....it's not convincing. 

Vasu's greys were way more convincingly portrayed and nobody tried to whitewash her evil actions. Many in the family openly opposed her and called her out. 

Here, Meenu does all kinds of bullshit and in the very next epi, they try to give her an extended trite sob story and expect the audiences to suddenly sympathize with her....it's too disjointed. 

Vasu actually craved the love of her son....here, Meenu remembers her sons as an afterthought....she is just a general control freak....her motivations are not clearly demarcated despite the bhaashan dialogues. Out of the blue, like a robot, Meenu will suddenly get teary about her son Abir....otherwise she is busy with other stuff....lol while Vasu was single-mindedly doing everything very obviously for her sons. 

This shows how poor the writing is these days in the shows cuz nothing is developed properly before launch. 

πŸ‘ πŸ‘ 

You hit the nail right on the head. 

Bidaai- Vasundhara over Meenakshi anyday. As you said, we always knew what her motivations were and her 'flaws' were never white washed unlike on this show. 

The problem is not that Me-nakshi does all this crap but rather that they try to convince us that it comes from a place of love for her family. πŸ™„  It's just unconvincing when you have her and other characters give sermons on how much she does for the family and then have her not even show an iota of remorse. On top of that, she goes on to hatch elaborate schemes to guilt trip everyone around her. 

If they want to show us that Me-nakshi has good intentions but messes up on execution, maybe have her show some regret? After the Ketki-Ved fiasco, she did not ask for forgiveness from Ketki or anybody else. There wasn't even a scene of her which showed her fearing what would have happened to Ketki if the wedding went ahead. Instead, we get a scene of her gnashing her teeth in the dark about Mishti unmasking Ved's intentions by disobeying her. She found a way to see herself as the victim when even in this situation. Height of self-obsession. 

Her behaviour or self-reflection is just not consistent with this Mahaan Meenu narrative. Characters are given reflection scenes to make the audience empathise with them and to make us understand their motives. Here, Me-nakshi is not only conning her family but also deluding herself that she is acting out of 'love' for her family, hence she is justified.

@bold- This had me go πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ . She cries about Abir and then blames him the next moment for Nanu and Kunal going to the Maheshwaris. How come we never see her 'love' for Abir in action? If we didn't know of her so-called 'love' from her and other characters, one would think Abir is her step-child. For Me-nakshi, everyone is an afterthought. She is the protagonist of everyone's story.

Rupal Patel- Unsatisfactory performance from a veteran actor. Apart from the styling, there is no difference between her and Kokila Modi. Her dialogue delivery has that same monotonous quality as Kokila. I am unable to see Me-nakshi as a new character. I guess Kokila was better because while she was stern and dominating, she was not two-faced like Me-nakshi. 

clarity thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cool_wonder

Kinda agree with you.....May be Meeu is that good grey character who does everything in the name of Family....Here....let us understand that CV's have written her character like that...she does not like People crossing her path....or coming in way of her and her family........She is angry with Mishti not because she went behind her back.....but because of Mishti's revelation of Ved made the entire family against her...Here in real life people are of different nature and have different characters......all characters cannot be perfect........Though Rupal ji's acting is similar to Kokila here.....Meeu is so so different....Right now all this drama is because she wants to family to forget what happened during Ketki's wedding....all we praising Mishti and shouting at Meenu which she could not bare......I don't know where I am confused about the character ... because Meenu as a character is likfe that...Manipulative, Family obsessed, and in order to keep her hold on the family she can go to any extent.I somewhere have a feeling that Meenu is much much more then she portrays...and as of getting disgusted or disliking her...may be that is what CV's want...and they are successful in doing so......It is just a character with hugh human flaws is what I feel.....Mishti and Kuhu will have to watch every step with such MIL

The problem is that everyone on the show goes on about how Meenu does everything for her family and cares a lot about them but I have seldom seen her behave in ways that respect said family's wishes. 

She puts Kaushal down all the time, never bothered to understand Ketki's feelings and went ahead with the wedding despite Mishti-Kuhu telling her about Ved. She didn't have to stop the wedding but she could have done some natak and stalled it for a while to find out if KuShti were telling the truth. She can come up with fake mandir drama to guilt trip her family but could not come up with a way to know the truth about Ved? 

I agree with you that she is far from perfect. The CVs need to admit that and stop whitewashing her actions, as AreYaar said. Her actions and purported intentions never match. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ 

Me-nakshi's true attitude was revealed when she spoke about how a family only stays together when there is one head and her desire for a 'seen but not heard' bahu. She is a control freak and wants puppets not family members around her.

I sincerely feel sorry for KuShti. No one deserves a person like Meenu in their lives. If she hurts people she loves, imagine what she will do to those who she hates. Yikes. 😦