Why shows like PYPCK should suffer? Questioning viewers preference???

OriginalJuhi_04 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 5 years ago
Around 2 years ago, I decided to watch Prem Ya Paheli Chandrakanta by Nikhil Sinha's PH after watching its promos and also to see what was there about Chandrakanta that people talked so much from years. I started liking the show as it was really different from most of the shows. Still I was prepared to leave the show after 3-4 episodes if Virendra behaved badly with Chandrakanta like in most of the shows heroes behaved with heroines especially after seeing the precap of 3rd episode. But to my amazement, that precap thing was not shown in the episode most probably because what V said to CK did not suited a hero saying to the heroine. V even being raised as a murderer was always shown to respect women, children and animals. He never misbehaved with CK or insulted her even during initial days of the show. He did not even hated her during the murder track of his father and always trusted her. Even though the show had some negative points and some bad tracks, the lead pairs were among the best lead pairs of the decade. But sadly, the show ended abruptly due to channel revamp and did not returned with Season 2 either on revamped channel Star Bharat or on Hotstar.  Many shows and web series are getting another Seasons even when they don't deserve but this show which has an incomplete ending shows no signs of another season. Why? Because ChaVi were realistic couple without any stupid love hate stories where hero tortures the heroine and heroine changes him with her love. I question viewers preference that what exactly they love to watch? Shows like PYPCK, EBI, Life Ok's Hatim, Prithvi Vallabh which have good stories end abruptly but shows with saas-bahu crap and heroine changing abusive hero crap run longer and they have lots of fans. Gul Khan's every show has hero torturing heroine in worst way but heroine is supposed to fall in love with him and reform him. Sonali Jaffer who has her own PH Full House Media but also writes for other PH too. She ruined Nikhil Sinha's another show Kaleerein with her bad writing causing it to end abruptly in a bad way giving wrong messages. Now she has her show running on Zee TV which was promoted to be of step-daughter and step-mother. The show would get 1.2-1.3 for some weeks. It had 2 heroes who were shown decent. But when one hero was turned evil and shown torturing the heroine the TRP increased to 2.2-2.3 for some weeks. When another hero who is shown as ACP was also turned evil due to some reason and forced the the heroine to marry him, the TRPs started increasing more above 2.5. This week, it got 3.2 that is overall 4th rank, 2nd in fiction shows and 1st in daily fiction shows. It is a channel topper and defeated both the Bhagya shows. How can a show where an 18 year old is married to a 25+ divorced ACP with the ACP everyday torturing her with different methods can get so much ratings? And Gul Khan's new show has the hero torturing the heroine in a very bad way. I don't watch the show but happened to see a news segment of it. My blood boiled on seeing that segment. And worst was many people supporting this pair saying nonsense like their pair looks good, he will change on falling in love with her, every love story starts with hatred blah blah blah. Every 9 out of 10 shows has the same hero torturing heroine but those shows are loved over the shows where hero is decent. Due to which either the hero is turned evil or the show ends(Kaleerein in this case). In new Star Bharat show which is about a stalker harassing the heroine has many people shipping for stalker and victim instead of hero and victim with them saying hero should only be friend of heroine and stalker and victim should be the end game as every love story starts with hatred and heroine will change hero. I wonder what has happened to today's generation? People blame aunties and grannies but its actually teen and youths who are mostly responsible as they watch these shows more. They only care about their favourite actors, how the couple looks, so-called chemistry of the actors and their romantic scenes. If Chandrakanta was not a novel then CK would either be paired with either Shiv Dutt or Kroor Singh but never V especially if a famous actor played SD or KS. How can they love such shows with toxic couples and not couples like ChaVi?

The actors acting in such shows gets so many fans and show offers than the ones who are actually more talented than them. Right now, I watch only Bhabhiji Ghar Par Hain and Aladdin. I love Aladdin even though they copy some of the things from PYPCK. I love how both the leads are shown strong. But the problem is that they are dragging the show a lot. That show was in Top 10 for initial 2 weeks getting above 2 but after that it went below 1.5. Now its 1.2 or 1.3 from some weeks but still 2nd on channel with Taarak Mehta being the Topper. I hope that the PH of Aladdin stop dragging the show like their other shows and not butcher the leads in future for TRPs. Yesterday, it completed 127 episodes. I hope PH don't aim for 500-1000 episodes for it but complete properly in 200-250 episodes. So this is the only show I know where the leads are shown okay till now. But how long will majority viewers watch shows with wrong messages and give awards to actors who don't deserve them? I don't understand why shows like Prem Ya Paheli Chandrakanta should suffer?😔😭
Edited by angel_juhi04 - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shaina_b thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Prem Ya Paheli - Chandrakanta was a special show for me!!!!😊

I had watched an adaption of the novel (spin-off would be a better name) on Sundays in my childhood!!!!

I was at first not happy with Kritika as she is not very beautiful (well not like Chandrakanta is described to be) and also Chandrakanta in my chilhood was played by a Miss. India title holder!!!!

But when I started watching it I realized it didn't matter as unlike the novel, Chandrakanta of this show was much more than her beauty!!!!

She was an able queen and a strategic leader!!!!👏

Virendra was a true warrior and unlike heroes of Gul Khan shows did not exercise his strength on torturing the heroine or for that matter any woman (apart from witches for which he may be excused)!!!!😆

Sadly all that works nowadays is heroines being tortured!!!!

Indians are sadistic it seems!!!!😡

I watch a few shows nowadays but I like for now Kaal Bhairav Rahasya 2 and Naagin 3 (sadly it is dragging) and both do not have heroes who torture heroines!!!!😊

cuteariya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
i really love this show❤️
kritika looked really stunning as chandrakanta❤️
i really virendra character as he wasn't like nowadays male lead who torture female lead😊
i just hope the makers will bring season 2