Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

awida thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 5 years ago
New timings : Sun at 6:30 pm. they have Big Boss on 10 pm.
awida thumbnail
From this Sunday. They will air last episode of Woh Mera Dil Tha on Sat ,10 pm. and launch Big Big on Sun ..at 10 pm. I think they'll air it daily in that time!😊
JNam thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I urge viewers to look up the recent episodes. This show raises interesting questions, some very philosophical ones, about self image, identity, evil, love, etc. The writers are taking the story in directions I find hard to predict. The initial episodes, and Bubbly's own words contrasted Feeka's love with Sunny's love, and hinted that maybe, both were somewhat enthralled by Bubbly's beauty. But these later episodes suggest that both might, actually, care for Bubbly, the person, and not merely her physical beauty which once as immense. Another facet is the vile siblings that both Bubbly and Feeka have and how they co-conspired to ruin their siblings' happiness, almost suggesting that Sunny is better off than either of them in this department for his dear friend, CHeeta ji, offers him the sort of unconditional love we expect from siblings. Bubbly's friend and her cousin too are show as extremely compassionate towards Bubbly. In short, the show visits a lot of issues such as sibling rivalry, love, etc. It has been, for me, a very interesting and at times, painful watch. But I highly recommend it to anyone with some time to kill. NExt week's preview suggests that Feeka is a far superior man to both his mother and his sister, and on learning the truth, takes on the blame for Niki's doing as a way to atone for her sister's sin and to also punish her. The sheer complexity of these characters and situations has left me dumbfounded. 
Another stand-out moment in today's episode was with the social worker who visits Bubbly, and discusses the idea of beauty women like Bubbly feel so bound by. I loved her words about how the very concept of a beautiful woman is one about control of women by men. She inspired Bubbly to look within her and train her own mind's eye to spot the complexity, and beauty within her and build a sense of self-worth from within instead of without. She then goes on to urge Bubbly to smash the metaphorical mirror that reflects a man's view of a woman, and instead build her own, which reflects qualities that make her feel beautiful and worthy. Their discussion reminded me of The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison which had a similar reflection on the patriarchal, communal idea of female beauty. I feel this sort of discussion is especially needed in most cultures where, for example, the idea of being beautiful for their men is taught to women, besides also being told not venturing out in the sun because their complexions will turn darker (rendering them less desirable), not building too much muscle, not keeping their hair too short ("man-like hair"), or eating to their heart's content lest they turn fat (and therefore, ugly to most men). The emphasis here is not on what a woman would want for herself, but on seeking approval from men and other custodians of female beauty and self worth. In such dark worlds, the ideas brought forth in a show like Lashkara are very important. I hope it reaches a wider audience, esp younger women who feel weighed down by the patriarchal, limiting idea of female beauty. 
Very moving, indeed.
Cheers. 
Edited by JNam - 5 years ago
awida thumbnail
Only 2 episodes remaining. 
Simz786 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Fazool end, could have shown feeqay patch up with his mother
Neel_M thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Simz786

Fazool end, could have shown feeqay patch up with his mother

Or mother patch up with Feeqay.. what happened to the brother? Is Nikki killed him?
Simz786 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
True ^ overall was good as the story was fairly new.