Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

madsoul0226 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
I just loveddd this book. so much pain and tears when i read it..

my favv charac. Hassan. =] wat can i say abt him. he is god 😳 stupid assef and his stupid bi nazi ways. he ruined him and still lived long after Hassan died. he deserves to go sit right next to hitler in helll!!! 😡 😡 😡 I wish Amir was a lil bit more braver and stood up for wats right. i hated him the most when he decided to be selfish and not tell and do justice to Hassan. I wish Hassan lived longer to see Amir and his son bonding together.

I still dont understand how Ali's wife had an affair with BaBa and still be nice and friendly with each other. i just dont get it. 😕

Well, im ganna read this book agian and again..
everytime i find sumthing new and more tears.
such an amazing, well-written story.
love it.
for those fo u who hasn't, u r missin out.

😃 Edited by madsoul0226 - 16 years ago
lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
^^^Ali didnt Know that Hassan was Baba's Son and Not his
lilroses_89 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I loved The Kite Runner.
It was a very simple narrative that touched on many universal themes including friendship.
I also liked the depth presented to the characters of Aamir and his Baba. They were not the typical heroes nor complete villains. Therefore, making them very easy to relate to since they each had their flaws making them very human.
madsoul0226 thumbnail

Originally posted by: lucky_lakshmi

^^^Ali didnt Know that Hassan was Baba's Son and Not his

well tht explains it all.thankyou =]

lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
I just finished a 1000 splendid Suns..
truly Hosseni is a master storyteller! Splendid Man! 👏
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
^I get an impression from your post that the book is great. Will be looking out for it.

Read Kite Runner 4-5 months ago, and was absoloutely BOWLED over. Such a master-piece as someone said earlier.

Two things that struck me alot:

Hassan's love, or maybe respect, for Amir was just bewildering. I remember sitting down after reading the part where Hassan and Ali leave the house and thinking "Wow. How can someone be so damn sacrificing?" Hassan's ability to cloak Amir, even as he knew that Amir was the one doing wrong to him, was just beautiful. His devotion to Amir is just one of the most gripping aspects of the novel. Further proof: Even as years later, Rahim Khan relates to Amir of his visit to Hassan's house, and how he Hassan had remembered Amir, all these years later, how he had told Sohrab of that same Amir. Purely bewildering, indeed.

The way Hosseni tied it all up: The Amir that wasn't able to look into his own eyes in the mirror his whole life, finds his redemption in Sohrab. Just the way it all came full-circle, Amir finding his repentance in Hassan's child...beautifully framed plot.

I'd run out of adjectives to describe the book, but surely it is something I would reccomend and be sure wouldn't disappoint.