Analysis: Best Female Dancers of Bollywood

eating_orange thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Over the years Bollywood has seen the classical, item songs, the W*F dance moves and many more. In this little analysis I am going to cover the ones I thought were the best.
*Item dancers are excluded (I don't think hip thrusts and chest bumping is hard or even considered good dancing).

One of the first dancers that come to mind is Vyjanathimala. She had grace, poise, and definitely knew how to dance. What energy she had! It's hard to see a dancer like her anymore.
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bOYPsZ9c1M[/YOUTUBE]

Our next lovely lady is Sridevi. Whether you loved her snake dance, sexy numbers, traditional dances, Sridevi was always entertaining. I loved the snake dance and her dance of rage. Seeing a dance through emotion isn't something we see anymore.
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiuAYKk7a6U[/YOUTUBE]

Madhuri Dixit always comes to mind when I think of good dancers. With a gorgeous smile, great expressions and high energy, what couldn't you love about her? Some great dances seen by Madhuri include Ek Do Teen, Dance of Envy, Dola Re Dola, and Ke Sara Sara
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JusjpyIT-GE[/YOUTUBE]

This one comes from my childhood, Aishwarya Rai. She was elegant and kept you glued to her onscreen. I loved the innocents and how she wasn't trashy in her performances. She's had the sexy Kajra Re, classical Dola Re Dola, and those from Umrao Jaan.
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asw-wTDzGUQ[/YOUTUBE]

Anyone you loved? Hated maybe? Which ones were your favorite dance numbers?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Chudailpaapi thumbnail
You will need to add Helen at the top because she could practically do every kind of dance from Indian to Western. Hema Malini and Waheeda Rehman are some of the best female dancers. There are few others like Cuckoo, Asha Parekh, Laxmi Chayya who were simply awesome. The best part about Madz is she danced with emotion. That was her USP.   

Ash is perhaps weakest when you look at the above dancers. 😊
eating_orange thumbnail
^^ yes, I agree. Aish compared to even all you mentioned she is not that great. I find her dances better than what we get today though, however.
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
wah, nice topic and nicely written OP! :)

...as for dancers, I agree about everyone you mentioned.. would add Channe ke Khet:)

Among the latest, I liked Radha from SOTY.. 

Vaani Kapoor in Nashe si Chadd Gayi, was just wow.

Chittiyan Kailyan is fine

Desi girl ! :D
eating_orange thumbnail
I really liked PC in Pinga. I don't think overall she is the best dancer out there though.
ptolemy thumbnail
Always thought Rani was an underrated dancer
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Chudailpaapi

You will need to add Helen at the top because she could practically do every kind of dance from Indian to Western. Hema Malini and Waheeda Rehman are some of the best female dancers. There are few others like Cuckoo, Asha Parekh, Laxmi Chayya who were simply awesome. The best part about Madz is she danced with emotion. That was her USP.   

Ash is perhaps weakest when you look at the above dancers. 😊

OMG, how did i forget Waheeda and Cuckoo!

Another dancer I'm reminded of is Sheila Ramani... may not be a good dancer, but was quite a good performer :)

Other good dancers that come to my mind are Urmila, Rekha in Umrao Jaan and Salam e ish meri jaan..
bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
Excellent list
Agree with u
Will also add Hema Malini
FabAahana thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Katrina. She may not be a good actress but she is a very good dancer. She will be known for songs like Sheila Ki Jawani, Chikni Chameli, Kala Chashma, Kamli, Pashmina. 
Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Sridevi is not a trained classical dancer and yet she dances so well. All others in your list are.
For me, one of the best dancers is Padmini. I've always loved this dance with her and Vyjayanthimala

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTyTiGAORm4[/YOUTUBE]

ETA: Jayaprada is a classically trained dancer too. But her dances depend on choreography. Some are terrible. 

Deleted Kamal, you said FEMALE dancers. ðŸ˜³. Oops

Edited by Justmoi - 7 years ago