Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NK1865 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
@tejaswiniwenham  
  I totally agree with your perspective. In hindi serials, the wife is bad and thus, the husband eventually falls in love and seeks a new companion. If the husband is bad, the wife is supposed to reform him and automatically fall in love with him. i hate the way hindi serials continue to demonise women and are so regressive. That is why I have a problem with this serial and refuse to watch it. It would have been so much better, innovative and progressive if they had instead shown Nisha and Adi splitting up due to mutual differences, moving on and yet sharing a mutual and respectful relationship for the sake of their children. It is so sad to show a medium ie. television/ media that is supposed to aid in creating change being used to put down women just for sake of entertainment.
  On a side note, I remember Ridhi saying that her character was supposed to be grey and now it just feels as though it is fully dark. I haven't found any Indian serial that is able to portray grey characters accurately and beautifully. Grey= dark in Indian serials. 

Edited by NK1865 - 7 years ago
leavesandwaves thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This is the reason why I stopped watching YHM and now the same crap is followed because it is successful formula. Sick of the same thing repeating again and again with different actors.
leavesandwaves thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
If a man selects a pretty girl over a not so pretty one, no one bats an eyelid.
If a girl selects a rich man, then everyone questions her morality.