why is nisha evil?

tejaswiniwenham thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
why does she hate the fam so much? if she hated adi then y marry and sleep with him to produce 2 kids? such hatred cant b random evil. i get that adi's family is kind of old fashioned and i know i wouldnt b able to adjust with such 18th century people but then just leave! why so much hatred? is it a simply a difference in mentality or expectations? in that case y did adi marry her nisha whose expectations from life are so different than his?
i really dont like the show's concept but i thought why not give it a chance flipping channels. but im dissapointed at the tagline- not neccessary that the wife is always right, the second woman can b better? r u serious?  im all for finding love after a bad marriage- for both adi whose life is made miserable and for nisha who is so miserable that she only feels resentment now. but there can b no justification for love outside of marriage whilst still legally bound. 

if adi cant declare to his family that he wants a divorce from his evil wife, then thats his problem. there is no right time to tell your family such a news. its bound to break their heart. thus the sooner the better. but its definitely NOT an excuse for finding even a platonic love outside- cheating is cheating. and i really hate this portrayal of the first wife as evil to justify a second love. nisha is so ott and unnecessary. sometimes people just cant live with each other cos their lifestyles dont match. that doesnt make someone evil. they couldve made nisha's character a lot more subtle to achieve the same effect. 

i thought they would show a more tempered and layered view of marriage and why it doesnt work at times. this isnt a new concept show. its the same pati patni aur woh types drama with wife vamp and good girl extra-marital affair. we've seen it before in thapki, in gangaa as side stories. now its the main story. sad because ridhi is really a good villain but she'd have been a better anti-hero. the guy playing adi plays the exact same role in everything- the adarsh son in a 18th century types family. the girl playing jhanvi is ok. shes a sweet girl but thats that. i cant say anything about acting cos thats literally the easiest thing to b- the sweet girl next door. mayb later the character will have more meat abd dimensions. i think so far ridhi is winning the show maker title. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tacker_Holic thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Thank you for your post! Welcome to the forum! ðŸ¤— I hope you choose to stay around and get involved with the conversations! 
I agree with you in regards to Nisha! She must have already guessed that Adi is not the guy she is looking for. Maybe she thought he would change after having the responsibility of two children and become more ambitious but he didnt. I think for Nisha she could easily leave and Adi too would let her go (it would make his life easier) but she knows that there is a pot of gold waiting for her i.e. property and business. It is bound to happen sooner or later and hence why she is trying to cause harm to his family. 

Nisha is extremely frustrated that Adi never really focused on her after marriage and it was all about keeping to the families traditions. He is not wrong nor is she. However, Nisha's outlet towards Adi is to make him suffer for all the neglect she has faced. She knew her life would be different after marriage but she thought Adi would stick up for her and not make her do household chores but that is not the case. Then she is trying to oust the family out of the way because she has quickly realised that Adi will not do anything. She has to do everything. Hence why Nisha's character is now pure evil. 

The angle of Jhanvi is to bring positivity and direction into Adi's life because he is extremely depressed from his wife's actions. There is no clear indication whether or not Adi and Jhanvi will become a couple. It has been compared to We are Family and it is not the same. The show is in its early days so it will be interesting to see where they take it! 

Sorry for my big long rant! I found your post really interesting to read! 

Originally posted by: Tacker_Holic

Thank you for your post! Welcome to the forum! ðŸ¤— I hope you choose to stay around and get involved with the conversations! 

I agree with you in regards to Nisha! She must have already guessed that Adi is not the guy she is looking for. Maybe she thought he would change after having the responsibility of two children and become more ambitious but he didnt. I think for Nisha she could easily leave and Adi too would let her go (it would make his life easier) but she knows that there is a pot of gold waiting for her i.e. property and business. It is bound to happen sooner or later and hence why she is trying to cause harm to his family. 

Nisha is extremely frustrated that Adi never really focused on her after marriage and it was all about keeping to the families traditions. He is not wrong nor is she. However, Nisha's outlet towards Adi is to make him suffer for all the neglect she has faced. She knew her life would be different after marriage but she thought Adi would stick up for her and not make her do household chores but that is not the case. Then she is trying to oust the family out of the way because she has quickly realised that Adi will not do anything. She has to do everything. Hence why Nisha's character is now pure evil. 

The angle of Jhanvi is to bring positivity and direction into Adi's life because he is extremely depressed from his wife's actions. There is no clear indication whether or not Adi and Jhanvi will become a couple. It has been compared to We are Family and it is not the same. The show is in its early days so it will be interesting to see where they take it! 

Sorry for my big long rant! I found your post really interesting to read! 

thank you hon! good to know nisha's pov. i am going to give this serial a go for a week or so and hopefully will stick to it then!
Tacker_Holic thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
You are welcome! I hope you like the show! 
grandtheft5 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Nice POV. However, I differ on some points. I agree that Adi should have told his family about Nisha's behavior a long time ago. Their reaction would be the same no matter when told. I for one don't want any extra marital affair. I doubt that will ever happen tho. I disagree totally on Nisha. I remember a convo she had with her mom and it seemed that she just married Adi cause he was rich. It doesn't seemed she ever loved him. She just wanted power, status, wealth, etc. No doubt, Ridhi is a fantastic actress but for the last two weeks, I am more into Adi, Jhanvi and her family and now Babasa scenes. Nisha is so horrible that not even Ridhi's beauty or acting make me watch her scenes. I am infuriated whenever she comes onscreen. Sad but true.

Originally posted by: grandtheft5

Nice POV. However, I differ on some points. I agree that Adi should have told his family about Nisha's behavior a long time ago. Their reaction would be the same no matter when told. I for one don't want any extra marital affair. I doubt that will ever happen tho. I disagree totally on Nisha. I remember a convo she had with her mom and it seemed that she just married Adi cause he was rich. It doesn't seemed she ever loved him. She just wanted power, status, wealth, etc. No doubt, Ridhi is a fantastic actress but for the last two weeks, I am more into Adi, Jhanvi and her family and now Babasa scenes. Nisha is so horrible that not even Ridhi's beauty or acting make me watch her scenes. I am infuriated whenever she comes onscreen. Sad but true.

Hi hon. ty for the reply. i agree that nisha is evil but i didnt understand y. most arranged marriages happen looking at the guy's status so i dont see her marrying adi cos he had money as evil. i just dont understand why she HATES them. and i also find this view of a divorce or a failed marriage being a one-sided deal to b infuriating. and hindi serials are great at villainizing women and absolving men of all doings. most divorces happen not because the wife is a vamp and a careless mother- i despised yeh hain mohabbatein for that and this seems to b the exact same story with a more conservative family. coming from a divorced family and raised by a single mother, i resent this portrayal. in order to show that kids can have a good relation with stepmother (i shared a good one with all of mine) you dont need to villainize the mother. same way, you dont need to 'justify' why adi seeks out jhanvi and his attraction to her upcoming by showing- oh its cos he has a 'bad' wife. its like serials are hell bent on making a case for the men of the world- oh men can b good and have bad wives. yes we know that sometimes the wife is a terrible cheating crazed lunatic. but in most cases of infidelity, it is statistically the men cheating. if you make a show on how a woman had an affair cos of her terrible husband, there'd be outrage. i have a fundamental issue with the story and the cvs' pov. not a pro-nisha stance i guess. shes terrible.
apekshash thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
the character "nisha" is all to powerful in an evil way. She knows the weakness of each and every member of adi's family.they live together - the relationship between the two of them is saturated. Adi is more attached to his family and he is more of a family man. ( call it traditional way of living) that is obscure.Living with one's parents - joint family is not to say traditional. she wants independance, and her voice has to be heard all along. But she knows Adi will not deviate from this. She seeks sadistic pleasure in hurting ppls with whom Aadi is closely attached, and is more greater than his own life.

She does not want divorce,because she cannot leave behind the social status, status quo.. etc etc.

ths is the problem with such men like Adi.. who cannot voice his thoughts in front of the family, simply because it hurts the sentiments of not one person but all. And it is quite tricky..

Nisha is w(omen) personified.. every coin has two sides.. she showcases the other side. something one cannot accept - becoz she is spineless... 
bookworm2 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
i too agree. No matter what the issues are, it is not morally correct for a man to have an extramarital affair. i just starting watching this show. Even, i fail to understand why is Nisha so evil? It is not that she is restricted from doing anything. And what is even more frustrating is that Adi knows how evil she is and yet keeps quite, especially when he has inclination of Nisha's involvement in his fathers condition. Anyone in his position would have first kicked her out, not just because of father's condition but what this kind of atmosphere will have affect on his kids. instead of creating a dislike towards Nisha, Adi comes out more weaker and hopeless. Keeps lamenting over his condition rather than doing something about it.
I too am not very impressed with the story line so far. I like the actors in it. i hope the story line gets a little stronger and meaningful. it is just my 2cents
Edited by bookworm2 - 7 years ago
coolmeet thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Nisha is a selfish lady who jus want money and power.But y is she evil...I have no idea.
But I won't say ppl like Nisha don't exist in our society.
I can see Adi as a mature man who loves his family and I want him to divorce Nisha at least for his father and his kids.
grandtheft5 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: tejaswiniwenham

Hi hon. ty for the reply. i agree that nisha is evil but i didnt understand y. most arranged marriages happen looking at the guy's status so i dont see her marrying adi cos he had money as evil. i just dont understand why she HATES them. and i also find this view of a divorce or a failed marriage being a one-sided deal to b infuriating. and hindi serials are great at villainizing women and absolving men of all doings. most divorces happen not because the wife is a vamp and a careless mother- i despised yeh hain mohabbatein for that and this seems to b the exact same story with a more conservative family. coming from a divorced family and raised by a single mother, i resent this portrayal. in order to show that kids can have a good relation with stepmother (i shared a good one with all of mine) you dont need to villainize the mother. same way, you dont need to 'justify' why adi seeks out jhanvi and his attraction to her upcoming by showing- oh its cos he has a 'bad' wife. its like serials are hell bent on making a case for the men of the world- oh men can b good and have bad wives. yes we know that sometimes the wife is a terrible cheating crazed lunatic. but in most cases of infidelity, it is statistically the men cheating. if you make a show on how a woman had an affair cos of her terrible husband, there'd be outrage. i have a fundamental issue with the story and the cvs' pov. not a pro-nisha stance i guess. shes terrible.

Just to be clear, Nisha could be the devil and I still wont agree to an AdVi affair.