Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-ChildOfChrist- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: ajinkya_parab16

Yes and we also had a wonderful actor to play his role that is Sameer Dharmadhikari.

IKR
They had amazing actors to play the roles but the actors can't do much because of the lame script.
Therealbiggboss thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I don't know about his name Ajatshatru
But his famous name was Amritghata

Nice posts adhya
Therealbiggboss thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I knew this coz I prepare for UPSC
And I have ro read history and I am really fond of Maurya Dynasty and specially Ashok maybe coz I am also from his birthplace Bihar
And have read many books on life of Ashok
Have visited the place where Chankya wrote Arthsastra and kept eye on PP
That place is just 20-30 km away from my hometown and village
But CAS had ruined all my joy as me my whole family was so happy that finally on great leader ASHOK there is going to be any show on TV and we still watch it together
But the CV'S have really made us so unhappy
My Father said that "How can they show Bindusar so weak and Ashok to be in Love like a Majnu. They were the greatest leaders of one of the greatest dynasty and look what they are showing"
So please CV don't show Ashok as Majnu in S2 if it comes
Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: swathiinduru

Tfs adhya

The true bindhusar wasn't any bondhu. He was an efficient king and ya he was ajathashatru

The cvs bindhu portrayal s really insult to true king

ikr di after reading about bindusaar i feel very bad for him 
cvs ruined her character
Agni_Jytsona thumbnail

Originally posted by: crazyforsarun

IKR
They had amazing actors to play the roles but the actors can't do much because of the lame script.

agreed they never used sameer sir s talent properly 
Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
 Samaragini   ASHANDHIMITRA - Cheif consort of samarat

ashok

Asandhimitra (d. 240 BCE) also known as Asandhimitt, was the Chief Queen (Agramahisi) of the Mauryan emperor Ashoka, for the majority of his reign.[1] Asandhimitra apparently bore her husband no children and died without leaving any issue.[2] She is greatly spoken of in the Great Chronicle or theMahavamsa.[3]

Lineage

Asandhimitra was probably the princess of a little kingdom in what is now EastHaryana north of Delhi (India), for it seems more than coincidence that the little town of Asandh boasts what it claims to be the biggest Ashokan stupa in India, 80 ft high and 250 ft in diameter.[4] According to the Mahavamsa, she was called "Asandhimitra" because the joints in her limbs were visible only when she bent or stretched them out. She was also of perfect beauty.[5] However, a more straightforward reading of her name would have been that it means "friend" (mitt) of "detachment" (a-sandhi).

Marriage to Ashoka

Since Asandhimitra belonged to a royal family, she was considered to be a suitable wife for Prince Ashoka.[4] Therefore, upon Ashoka's accession to the throne in 270 BCE, Asandhimitra became his first queen-consort and was additionally given the honourable title of agramahisi (chief queen). As such, she held many exclusive powers, prominent among which was the authority she had over all of Ashoka's lesser queens and concubines.[2] [6] Asandhimitra held the position of being her husband's chief consort for thirty years, from his accession in 270 BCE till her own death in 240 BCE.[1] Furthermore, she was Ashoka's only wife who was of royal birth.[2]

Asandhimitra was a faithful believer in the Sambuddha and was a pious woman. Since Asandhimitra was empress she had a say in official dealings.Ashok  consulted his wife in every single decision made for the kingdom. Ashandhimitra has right to approve or disapprove as per her will in official matters. Despite being bestowed by such power she was a loving queen . She was Ashoka's devoted helper in his great efforts for the advancement of the Buddhist faith.[8] She is also said to have been a trusted advisor and a faithful companion to her husband and is described as having been his "beloved" and "dear" queen.[7] [8] This is evidenced by the fact that Ashoka was deeply grieved at her death. It appears that Asandhimitra bore Ashoka no children and died without leaving any issue.[2]

Death

Four years after her death, when Ashoka was old, he married a dissolute young woman named Tishyaraksha (who is sometimes referred to as having been Asandhimitra's attendant) and raised her to the rank of chief queen in 236 BCE. It appears that Ashoka (now in his old age) had succumbed to the influence and charm of his new wife, after having lost the possibly more mature companionship of Asandhimitra.[9]

Edited by adhyakumarijha - 7 years ago