'Salman should come last': Irrfan Khan ranks actors by talent

Her-mion-e thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago

'Salman should come last': Irrfan Khan ranks actors by talent, on The Firstpost Show

FP Staff  Jul 21, 2016 19:21 IST

#Bollywood   #Irrfan Khan   #Kabali   #Madaari   #Rajinikanth   #Salman Khan   #The Firstpost Show  

He's considered one of India's best actors, but when Irrfan Khan dropped by the sets of The Firstpost Show for a chat, he showed us that he has a wickedly humorous streak as well.

All was going well until Irrfan was asked in the 'Rapid Fire' round to rank these actors according to their talent:

Hrithik Roshan, Shah Rukh Khan, Ranbir Kapoor, Salman Khan, Aamir Khan.

Irrfan promptly rattled off: "Ranbir, Shah Rukh-Aamir, Hrithik, and then Salman."

Apparently unable to make up his mind, he then qualified, "Salman should come last, baaki sab ek ya do number pe hi ho sakte hain."

He then quipped: "Salman ke fans mujhe gaali to nai denge na?"

Irrfan also sportingly submitted to all the other questions he was asked, including naming his top-five actors: Ranveer Singh, Ranbir Kapoor, Alia Bhatt, Deepika Padukone and Kangana Ranaut. As for his top-three directors, Irrfan named Anurag Basu, Vishal Bhardwaj and Shoojit Sircar as his favourites.

When he was asked to rank a list of actresses that included Deepika Padukone, Sonam Kapoor, Katrina Kaif, Alia Bhatt and Kangana Ranaut according to their talent, Irrfan asked to "pass": I have yet to do a film with Katrina, until then I can't decide," he laughed.

Irrfan was on The Firstpost Show to talk about Madaari, his upcoming release.

However, we delved a little into his family background as well " Irrfan hails from a zamindar family where hunting etc was a way of lie.

"All zamindars hunt as a hobby, so we went with our father too. But I never enjoyed hunting; I liked being in the forest. I detested it (hunting), my mother detested it... My father and mother never had a harmonious relationship and one of the reasons was this," Irrfan told us.

Irrfan described how his desire to become an actor led him to the National School of Drama " and had to firmly tell his mother, who wanted him to "settle down, that marriage was not an option just yet.

He also recalled how he got his role in Mira Nair's Salaam Bombay and describes it as, "My first break and my heartbreak".

Coming back to the subject of Madaari, the film is releasing on theatres on the exact same day as Rajinikanth's Kabali" 22 July. isn't that daunting?

Irrfan has a surprising answer: "Madaari was supposed to release on 15 July but because Great Grand Masti was leaked online, they asked us to swap our date with them. Incidentally Kabali was also expected to release on 15 July at that time. Now we are both releasing on 22 July. I'm feeling very nice about it; I feel like Rajinikanth sir has blessed me. I feel very proud to have my poster for Madaari next to his poster for Kabali in the theatres."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Now he will be ripped apart on twitter. 
Is there some bad blood between him and salman!? Or is he just being honest!?
You want Irrfan to get bashed, after Big B. Who's next? Shoojit? Piku film ke sab ke sab douche hai, sivaaye Deepu ke.
Her-mion-e thumbnail

Originally posted by: dahee

You want Irrfan to get bashed, after Big B. Who's next? Shoojit? Piku film ke sab ke sab douche hai, sivaaye Deepu ke.

Haila...Yeh kya allegation hain😆

Her-mion-e thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheSmurfs

Why he did not mention Big B??

He was not asked may be
Anachronist thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
he avoided question on katrina lekin salman ko last bol dia ðŸ¤£
Her-mion-e thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anachronist

he avoided question on katrina lekin salman ko last bol dia ðŸ¤£

Now Irrfan has to survive the lectures on BO numbers and stardom😆
bbsai thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
he is also now gaining footage in the name of salman.
more than his facial muscles, irfan's tongue seems to move more these days.
how praise can get to someone's head, this is best example.
is he generally this bitter or his new movie flopped or what?

Anachronist thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: hermione82

Now Irrfan has to survive the lectures on BO numbers and stardom😆

but irrfan ne jurassic park ke numbers bata diye worldwide wale toh ðŸ˜†