Originally posted by: rk21

<font size="3">My beloved readers,</font>

I realized I have
never really spoken to you, never had one of those heart to heart chats with
you. So one month and 28 chapters later, here I am, trying to breathe and look
back at the journey so far.

Yes, breathe...
because it has been pretty breathless so far, one chapter a day, sometimes I
have written faster than you have read :)

So let's just pause
for a while and rewind. Rewind to 16th April.

Every one of us has
a dream, and that dream for me was to write. Write not for livelihood (I do
something else to earn my bread and butter), but write for my soul. I have been
writing for as long as I can remember, but in bits and pieces..or more approriately..in
paragraphs and stanzas..

I have written short
stories before but I have never had the courage to delve into fanfiction, and I
will tell you why.

Fanfiction is tricky
because you are weaving your story around characters who your readers know
inside out. You cant mess with your characters or your readers will chop u too
pieces (*wink). And then you have to make a commitment to write at a certain frequency
which for me happens to be daily. So I never considered writing one.

Then Manan happened
to me. I don't know why, where, when I fell in love with them. To be honest
with you I hadn't seen them on TV (I don't really watch TV and that's another
story), I just happened to search for a song and destiny brought them to me.
Within a month, I had finished the entire series on youtube & FB and then
I started watching season 2 and as many
of you would identify with me, I was left heartbroken. It was beyond me how
someone could ruin something so beautiful, how the creatives could dig their
own grave and crush so many hearts. I felt angry. I needed a closure. For days
I pondered over it and finally came up with the thought,

<font size="4" color="#ff0000">'If you can't fix it, Create it'</font>

And I started
writing, not for readers, not for accolades, not for hits and likes but for
myself, out of love for the guy who shines like stars and the girl who glows
like fireflies and for their love that transcends eternity.

When I started I
didn't know how far I would go, I didn't know if even a single person will read
my words, I didn't know if I would be able to bring Manik and Nandini to life,
I didn't know whether I would be able to steal time out from my life that ticks
away like clockwork.

But here I am, doing
better than ok. I have my readers (I know compared to other FFs, I have a chotu
sa reader base, but I was never in the race to compete) some who are graceful
enough to cheer me up with their comments and some who perhaps want to say a
lot but don't find the right words. But they all wait eagerly for me to post
the updates.

I am doing ok,
stealing time from my rides in the metro on the way to office, stealing time in
between presentations and stealing time from sleep.

I am doing great
learning from you all, because you are my mirror and you show me my beauty as
well as my flaws.

I am doing great
because I have made some friends here..

And I am doing great
because I am living Manan, I am painting them in my colours :) And sometimes
when some of the chapters come out good, I read them again and again just like
u do and I smile to myself (*stupid me)

But it has ceased to
remain just my dream, for those of u reading this, this is now a collective
dream. I never really had a decent introduction, but today, I invite u all to
come onboard this journey. Please feel free to drop in your ur suggestions, complaints,
praises.. I cant guarantee that I would always be able to incorporate every
single suggestion of yours because I already have a journey planned in my head,
but I would be more than glad to know and think and tweak if required.

I have come a long
way but I have far to go. Thank you very very much for your support till date.
I hope you would continue supporting me. Do like and share if you feel its
worthy of being shared and please keep reading. U push me to better myself
every single day.

The next update will
be up soon :)

Love

RK21

vijayfan thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
finally i read ur note and the chapter.it was nice and its great that both manik,nandini miss each other hope to see them together soon.thanks for all the pm's and ur my first and only friend in this forum so thanks for it
1_drop_of_rain thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: vijayfan

finally i read ur note and the chapter.it was nice and its great that both manik,nandini miss each other hope to see them together soon.thanks for all the pm's and ur my first and only friend in this forum so thanks for it

I am honoured :)
1_drop_of_rain thumbnail

Originally posted by: voldemort

i loved the turmoil that manik went thru...its so real..im loving that fact that ur keeping the practicality intact in your narration..

Thank u buddy... Thats d whole point.. keep it real :)
1_drop_of_rain thumbnail

Originally posted by: shoana

Wow...dear roh you are too fast
and i'm very much impressed by your dedication towards this story
means you gave a note as well as update in one-day...
Matlab kaise karleti ho yaar...hatsoff to your dedication
and pls keep this quality of yours hamesha

coming to the update
as usual it was awesome
perfectly penned
now manik is also playing safe with his dad

thnk god that he didn't told him about nandini
and this time he wants to take risk of trusting her...good decision
Nandini wants to act as new friend but her heart betrays her

awesomely penned
thanks for pm dear

and i have a suggestion
try to add pic of manik's dad and neel

btw i liked your name
nice name''rohini''

Your words mean a lot.. I would try to live up to ur expectation...
Hmm interesting y I never thought about adding a pic of neel and Manik's dad. Neel's pic would be a surprise (**evil chuckle.. his pic will make it easier for us to beat the shit out of him). I am too sleepy now... not even in a shape to reply to u decently :)
1_drop_of_rain thumbnail

Chapter 30

"How are you feeling now, beta?"

Mr. Malhotra patted on Manik's back.

"Yeah I guess I was a kinda tired, I dozed off." Mr. Malhotra pulled a chair across Manik who was relaxing on a lounge chair in the garden, watching the sun set.

"So how's life in Mumbai?" He enquired.

"That's not even a life, confined in those walls and having nothing to do apart from banging my head trying to piece together my past."

"Why don't you shift to Pune? I have an empire here, you could join the office if you like, you could make new friends, start a new life afresh. I mean I am not trying to impose anything on you, but you could think about it."

"But how can I start a new life without knowing what I have left behind..."

"How long are you going to live in the shadow of your past, you have to move on, sooner or later."

"How can you even say that, how can you just wipe away everything? How can you take away my whole life and just ask me to start from scratch? What if, I have left behind something..or someone and they are still searching for me? What if someone is still waiting for me to return...what if..." His voice trailed off. He couldn't explain to his father that he saw flashes at times. Silhouettes of people, silhouette of a couple against the grey sky. But they would run away just as fast as they had arrived, before he could even lay his hands on them. They were recurrent flashes and every now and then he woke up sweating, trying to recall the blurred faces. He saw random objects, that reappeared again and again..a guitar, starts, fireflies and he couldn't make sense of any of them.

"I am not wiping it off Manik beta, I am not the one who has played this cruel joke. I am only trying to help you in coping up with this." Away from manik's sight he was clenching his fist in anger, yet he maintained an easy smile on his face. Who could tell he was hiding so much of anguish inside.

Manik thought for a while. It wasn't such a bad idea after all. If he joined office, it would keep him busy for most part of the day. He would be spared of the devilish thoughts that now tormented him all the time. Plus, Pune was just over three hours from Panchgani, & he could visit Nandini if he got bored here. May be his dad wasn't wrong after all.

"Tell me something dad, before I lost memory what was it that I wanted to be, I mean personally you don't have much idea, but professionally, are you clueless about that too?" He asked innocently.

"What do you think the heir of the Malhotra industries would be aiming for? You have always been way more ambitious than me. You used to come here often to learn the basics of business and it was just a matter of time before you finished college and took my position, rendering me jobless" He tried to force in a little humour to make his lie sound believable.

"Did I not have any other interests? Like sports or...or music...?" The scene from the morning was still fresh in his mind and so was its impact on him. Music liberated him, in a way that words would fail to express. Every cell in his body, ever drop of blood responded to the strums and beats. When music played, he didn't feel lost anymore, in fact he felt as if he was home, as if this was it, as this was who he was. With music he shared a connection too deep to neglect and in his heart he thanked Nandini for bringing upon that realization to him.

"What music?? No no you were never into that bullshit, and you shouldn't even think about it." He was alerted.

Manik smiled to himself. 'Bullshit!!' He ridiculed in his mind. Manik Malhotra didn't listen to anyone unless he wanted to. Memory or no memory, he knew with utmost surety that no one could ever stop him from doing something that he decided in favour of. If music was destined to be his pole star, music it shall be. Period.

He didn't give a shit to what his father said. Yes, he loved him, he loved his father very much but not enough to change his stubborn nature. Only a miracle could do that ... ..only a miracle or she...

Manik got up to return to his room but his dad stayed on.

Mr. Raj Malhotra was the envy of the business world. He DEFINED success.

He didn't bank on the share market, he regulated it.

What Manik saw and knew his dad possessed was just the tip of the iceberg. His dad had billions stacked in away in the tax havens across the world. He owned property in every city worth its name, albeit indirectly. If the police or income tax department got the slightest whiff of it, he would have to spend the rest of his life behind bars.

But he wasn't always this successful or rich. 3 and a half decades ago, he was like any other happy go lucky college pass out, brimming with hope and hopelessly in love with one his very affluent classmates. As is typical of youth, he dreamt of a fairytale ending which sadly crashed even before it could take off. The girl he was crazy for ditched him for someone better..erm richer. This left such a deep gash in his heart, that from a regular guy he was transformed into a money minting machine almost overnight. It became such an obsession that nothing or no-one else mattered to him anymore. By 35, he had amassed enough wealth for the next 10 generations but he his thirst remained unquenchable. Many a alliance had come in for him but he refused every single one of them. Sometimes he ridiculed the girl, sometimes her family, driven by a decade old anger which had burnt the whole of him from inside. And then Nyonika happened. She was and continued to be the biggest mistake of his entire life. At times, When he thought about it now, he felt one of the girls he had ruthlessly insulted in his earlier days must have cursed him. Even a blind or deaf would stay far far away from Nyonika, then how the hell did he fall into her trap.

Anyways, the only good thing that came out of this marriage was Manik and Mr. Raj Malhotra loved his son to death. He could do anything for his son and Nyonika being the devil she was, used little Manik as a bait to suck money from her estranged husband.

Mr. Malhotra indulged his son like there was no tomorrow, he tried to make up with things what he lacked in time and love. But despite his circumstances, Manik lived up to his name. He was a gem, a shining star and was well on his way to become the best singer of India when fate took a turn and the same friends he lived for became the reason for his death..the death he escaped by seconds.

Should he message her? It was 1 am. She wouldn't be staying up this late.. Would she? Whats the harm is pinging? If she  were asleep, she would not reply..simple

"Awake?"

"Hmm"

"What r u doing?"

"Reading a book, u??"

"Nothing.."

"Then y r u awake?"

"Bcz I am insomniac, u silly."

"O, so that's y u like star gazing?"

"Who told u I like stars?"

"I know.."

"What else do u know?"

"Why should I tell u?"

"OK don't tell, I m gonna sleep. Goodbye."

"Acha baba, sorry sorry."

"So tell me what else do u know?"

"That u r a monster"

"Acha????"

"Monster like a beast?"

"Yes"

"N u r beauty?"

"Yes, koi shak??"

"So that makes us beauty and the beast."

"Haww!!"

"But the problem is that beauty is pretty much stuck with  beast, for ever..."

Silence...

"Acha lets play a game?"

"What game?"

"Which book r u reading?"

"A walk to remember - Nicholas sparks"

"k, so randomly flip through the page and type the line your eyes fall on. Gimme 1 min, I will download the ebook n I will do the same."

2 mins...

"Shoot.."

" When I was seventeen, my life changed forever . . . " 

"I know the Lord has a plan for us all, but sometimes, I just don't understand what the message can be. Does that ever happen to you?"

" Well; I don't think we're meant to understand it all the time. I think that sometimes we just have to have faith."

" Like this journey never ends. Like you were sent to me because I'm sick. To help me through all this. You're my angel "

" You have to promise you won't fall in love with me " 

" She taught me everything. About life, hope and the long journey ahead. I'll always miss her. But our love is like the wind. I can't see it, but I can feel it. "

"Find out who you are, and do it on purpose." 

" I held her close to me with my eyes closed, wondering if anything in my life had ever been this perfect and knowing at the same time that it hadn't."

"Listen I wont play..."

"Is that a line?"

"No .. U r cheating.."

"Nandini Murthy is jealous of me bcz I am winning and she hs chickened out"

"Shut up"

"Nandini.."

"???"

"How r ur feet??"

"Much better... :):):)"

I apologise for not being able to reply to all your comments.. next time pakka All i can see after this update is my bed and I am going to dive in...

Love RK21

Edited by rk21 - 7 years ago
shalini16gupta thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wow I loved this game played by manan that was really interesting n beautiful too.
Why Maniks father trying to take away all his past n not letting him remember anything. What is so bad about his past that he is lying to him n also getting angry when manik talks about. Still confused. I later in the story it will all clear up.
Update was awesome.
Continue soon
divtan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Two msgs in my inbox..two updates...
Double dhamaka for me...
Yaayyy :) :) :)
Wooowwiieee

He felt it for her...he felt music...
His dad has been making his life a business arrangement...
Huh..and what does he tell him..he hated music..hahahaha
Bullshit...

God I loved these two updates...
And the way they had this chat through lines of the novel...

And him seeing flashes of people things...

This will get solved soon !
They will meet soon and clear it out soon!
He is already smitten by her without any clue from the past !

I love Manan!
I love the author!
payal94 thumbnail
Awesome update
Game was nice
Loved it cont soon
ac2000 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
 Update  khub bhalo laaglo. Manik's father holds Nandini and Manik's friends responsible for his condition, thats why he removed everything related to Manik;s past, even his bond with music 😕. He wants to keep Manik near him and away from everyone else 😡.The lines from the book mirrored Manan relationship 😳. And let night phone calls have started 😊. Hope this triggers some of his memories. Update soon. Take care. ❤️ Edited by ac2000 - 7 years ago