Not a very Happy 32nd Birthday for Imran Khan

Posted: 8 years ago
http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/celebrities/features/type/view/id/9565

Not a very Happy 32nd Birthday for Imran Khan
By Subhash K. Jha, Jan 14, 2016 - 10:42 IST

Poor Imran Khan. With his career almost completely gone and no movies on hand, this couldn't be a happy birthday for the actor who just 7 years ago made an engaging debut in Abbas Tyrewala's Jaane Tu...YaJaane Na (the director Tyrewala's career too is gone, but that's another story).

In no time, Imran was the new pinup boy, the teenage heartthrob. Along with Ranbir Kapoor Imran was seen as the new hope of New-Age cinema. Then things went wrong quickly. Wrong selection of roles hurtled Imran's career and hurled it towards an inevitable disaster. Soon there were whispers in the industry calling Imran a one-film wonder like Kumar Gaurav.

Right after his debut Imran did Kidnap and Luck: the two films wiped out the careers of their respective directors Sanjay (Dhoom) Gadhvi and Soham (Kaal) Shah.

In his entire career Imran has featured in two hits Jaane Tu...Ya Jaane Na and his Maamu Jaan's notorious Delhi Belly (the latter was rejected by Imran's rival and colleague Ranbir who told me he didn't do it because he couldn't imagine how he would watch it with his parents at the premiere) and two semi-hits I hate Luv Stories and Mere Brother Ki Dulhan.

The last three years have been especially cruel to Imran's career, with Vishal Bhardwaj's Matru Ki Bijli KaMandola, Milan Luthria's Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai Dobara, Gori Tere Pyar Mein and Katti Batti, each proving to be a bigger disaster than the previous. Katti Batti has in fact wiped out any shred of a chance of a comeback for Imran, though with showbiz, you can never tell who is in and who out and at which point of time.

For now this looks like a bleak birthday for Imran. One after another he is now being ousted from every film that he was supposed to be in. The latest project that Imran has lost to failure is a Hindi remake of the Tamil hit Kalyaana Samayal Saadham. Imran has been informed on his birthday that he has been replaced by Kartik Aryan of Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 fame.

Happy Birthday, Imran Baba. Time to grow up. It's a cruel world out there. But looking at the brighter side, doing film about a guy who can't get it up after his wedding may not have been the brightest of ideas at this juncture in your career when you have enough problems already.

Maybe Imran should stop depending on your Maamu for career advice. Aamir not only edited Imran's latest film Katti Batti. He also came out tears streaming down his cheeks after watching it.

Now we know why Aamir was crying.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lol @ anyone who feels sorry for this useless guy. 
He got so many chances but he showed no improvement in acting. Forget acting and films choice, he made some of the worst decision in his career.

Taking a leave at all time low. Keeping your life to yourself, ffs you are in show business. This is your livelyhood. Your private life very much becomes part of your profession. 

I think he had the worst guide every. Aamir Khan was an exception, He doesn't need PR because of his fanbase. Imran Khan tried doing the same. Get lost Imran, no one misses you.

Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Imran needs a career makeover, first he can do smaller movies so it'll ensure that its profitable  (which means demanding less money). He can try new genre thriller, melodrama, drama... while staying in his confort zone  (urban).

He could have taken some acting, dancing, language... courses during his break  (though I don't think he sucks as much as people say he does) and look what is done in other countries like Korea for example. They do really good urban movies which can be transposed in India.

He needs to work more (well it didn't go well in 2013... but still...) do more movies, write his own script,  direct a movie, produce movies  (which he said he'd with his grand fathers production house but nothing happened) DO something.

He has to stop whining and playing the victim card. He did wrong career choices,  his movies didn't do well... that happens he just chose the wrong movies. Serves him well, next time he'll read the full script and sign a well written contract to prevent the producer/director to change course.

It's annoying that he seems so passive about his career. It was okay back in the days when Ranbir (and maybe Shahid) was his only rival but now there is Ranveer, ARK, Varun,  Arjun,  Sidarth, Harsh... actors who show more determination and dedication despite their shortcomings.
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
IHLS and MBKD were both clean hits. What is SK Jha onto here? It's a very mean article!

I personally think IK is not a good fit in Bollywood...perhaps he should realize that and figure out what else he can do. He can always follow Mansoor Khan. Even if he does stick around in Bollywood he can do something else. But if he does want to be a hero he will have to change his ways. I love most of the films he did...not many dares to play male leads who are passive and timid...he is definitely not a very good actor but neither are many other actors who have loads of films in hand right now...as a person though IK is a gem! It would be horrible if he has to change himself to fit in and lose the person he is! So ya...

But this is a mean mean article!
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
He's still important enough for you to write a long and very discourteous article about him Subhash K. Jha.  
--Pro.vo.King-- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Now that is one nasty mean-spirited article ! .. Didnt know people write such articles , sounds more like posts on this forum ( & yup that includes my posts as well ).. πŸ˜†

OT : Just another Abhishek Bacchan i guess , he was never that ambitious or talented to begin with , so not surprising that he is a wash out now .. only reason i feel a tad bit bad for him is because he comes across as a humble person , otherwise , yup he had it coming  .. 
Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
what a pathetic author/article.πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ
Wishing you a Very Happy Birthday Immu !! πŸ₯³ 

ZestyZeniaZetas thumbnail
He definitely comes across as a decent well mannered guy.If only he would let his whole face give expression/act instead of just his eyebrows πŸ˜† hopefully Aamir maamu should get him some good script/movie.Happy Birthday Imran Khan.Edited by MiniRulz - 8 years ago
GrumpyTheCat thumbnail
What a mean thing to write on someone's bday.. πŸ€’ Kicking someone when they are down. πŸ€’
He may not be a good actor but he definitely is a good human being.
Not everything and everyone is obsessed with their career.he is blessed with a nice family and has enough money to take care of them.
Happy Birthday Imran
Edited by Beautyandbrain - 8 years ago
--Pro.vo.King-- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

He's still important enough for you to write a long and very discourteous article about him Subhash K. Jha.  

Good Point .. 

May be he is not a total washout just yet .. 

I still cant wrap my head around the article though , i mean its basically a birthday article , which makes it  the next level of 'mean' .. πŸ€“..like so so very M-E-A-N !.. πŸ˜³

Anyways , Happy Birthday Imran !