||Mending Broken Relations|| Short Story

Black_Maniac thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Hey everyone... Well I actually started it long back but never continued this (I know that's bad) but anyways I thpught of making changes and posting the new version. Well I know this is not very good but I hope it isn't very bad. I will post the other parts soon.
And the most important thing this is not MaYal or RaYal. Just RaMaYal in general and it also has TaaRya (Surya and Taani). 

---Part 1---
"Taani Di please open the door, please Taani Di..." Koyal begged her sister to open the door.

"Koyal go away! Leave me alone and yes tell everyone that I am in no mood to talk to anyone..." Taani said in between her continuous flow of tears

"Taani Di listen to me once... You are misunderstanding Ma and Baba. Even you know that they love you more than me and Shubu..."

"Please Koyal... I said leave me alone"

"But Taani Di..." Koyal was at the loss of words. She quietly went away.

"It's all my mistake. I shouldn't have trusted Raj even a bit." Koyal ran to her room, locked the door and started crying.

-*-*-

"Amma, Appa, Surya Bhaiya... Please try to understand. Taani Di is a really good girl. She isn't at fault. Why did you break the marriage for this mere thing" Madhavan insisted his family on rethinking about their decision.

"Oh please Maddy... Stop defending that family! They are purely at fault. They hid such a big thing from us. They cheated us!!" Surya shouted trying to make his brother understand.

"What?! Cheated us? Like are you really serious Bhaiya... You think this is cheating? I never thought you could say so. Amma, Appa do you agree with Surya Bhaiya..."

"Madhavan beta..." Leela tried speaking but was interrupted...
"Oh yes they do think the same Maddy and we know that we are right... Please stop supporting the wrong..." Surya said blasting on his brother like never before.

Maddy was shocked. Was this Surya Bhaiya? His calm and composed Surya Bhaiya? He stormed out of the house leaving behind his shocked parents...

-*-*-

"Oe khotiye! Have you gone mad? Do you have any idea what you did? You spoiled Taani's whole life. Why did you drink so much when you can't handle it?" Mr. Kapoor shouted at his son. How was his son so nave?!

"Papaji please tell me what I did. I don't know! Ma at least you tell. Sanjana?" Raj helplessly looked at his family.

"You destroyed Taani's life. You declared in front of everyone that Taani Di is Paru aunty and Ghosh uncle's adopted daughter..." Sanjana looked at her brother with disgust "Bhai you shouldn't have done this."

Raj was shocked. He looked at his family with guilt visible. "I did not do it on purpose... Believe me"

"We know that you were under alcoholic influence... But why did you drink so much Raj? You knew it was Taani and Surya's engagement..." Rosy told him what he had done.

"Oh sh*t.. If my this is my family's condition I am sure that Koyal's will be no better... I need to apologise now" Raj thought and went out of the house.

-*-*-

"Why did this happen God? Everything was so perfect right? Don't you like to see my family happy?" Koyal thought... "How could Raj do this? I trusted him and he... And Surya jiju... He broke the marriage right away... Neither Maddy nor his family opposed him... Why? Everyone knows my Taani Di is the best... I am going to make them realise this soon" she decided that she'll talk to the Venkats tomorrow morning...

-*-*-

As soon as Maddy came out of the house he saw Raj. Raj was going towards Koyal's home. Maddy ran after Raj after shouting his name. As soon as Raj heard Maddy's voice he stopped in his tracks and turned around. Maddy panted for a few seconds before asking "Where are you going?"

"Actually I... I am going to Koyal's house to say sorry..." Raj said looking downwards

"You really want to go there right now? I don't think it is a nice idea... Taani has locked herself up in the room... Koyal must be still pleading her to open the door after all you know how adamant both of them... The SISTERS are..."

"But it's my mistake. I need to apologise." 

"And you think Unclea nad Aunty will forgive you? And Koyal?"

Raj gave him a nervous half-smile and hugged him... "Maddy I didn't want to create problems yaar... I had gone to take a bouquet for Surya Bhaiya and Taani Di when I met Arun... You know that guy from our college whose Dad owns a chain of bars... He asked me to come for the opening of another one... I tried declining but he dragged me there... And there..."

"You drank wine?!"

"No..no.. I did not do that knowingly... He offered me wine and I told him I have to attend a function... He insisted..."

"And you drank the wine?!"

"No... No... I told him to bring juice for me... He agreed but he mixed alcohol in the juice... Once I was under alcoholic influence  I drank more than I could handle... He dropped me home but I somehow came there and I... I destroyed everything..." Raj bit his lip so hard that it could bleed anytime...

Maddy looked at him... He knew Raj wasn't lying and that he won't do anything to hurt Koyal's or his family...

He patted his back and said " Raj I think there has been much drama in that house for today... You going there will only increase tension between Koyal and her parents. So umm... I don't think you should go there right now..."

Raj knew Maddy was right and he decided to go back home... Maddy was still not ready to face his family and yet he went back home.

-*-*-

As soon as Raj entered in the house his family surrounded him

"Raj you went to Koyal's house right?"
"What did they say Bhaiya?"
"Did they forgive you?"
"You didn't create another scene there, did you?"
"Come on... Speak up Bhaiya... What happened there?"

"Can't you guys just let me be... I don't want to talk to anyone not even the Ghoshs..." Raj shocked them with such an answer...

-*-*-

As soon as Maddy came home he went to his room... He closed the door and sat on his bed wondering how his family especially Surya Bhaiya was behaving..

"Why is my family behaving like this? It's just that Taani Di is not uncle aunty's blood... Does that even matter? She has all moral values, she loves her family a lot... They all love her a lot... Why aren't they understanding? And Surya Bhaiya... How has he changed so much? Cheated!! How could he say that? It was so rude of him!!

-*-*-

---TBC---                        
So how was it. I wanted to write something but MaYal or RaYal was so difficult to decide so I wrote something else... I hope it is not rubbish... I am just presenting things in my way so I would love to know everyone's views... Please tell me if I should continue... ^_^
Edited by Black_Maniac - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Black_Maniac thumbnail
--- Part 2---
Koyal woke up when sunlight made its way through the open curtains on her face. She rubbed her eyes and a little later remembered what had happened. She quickly got ready and went to talk to Taani.

She knocked the door and after a long time she saw her sister in front of her. Koyal hugged her tight "Taani Di.. I am so sorry. It's because of me that your marriage..."

"Please Koyal.. I will talk to you later. I'll go get fresh and will come to you in some time.." Taani gave her a sad smile and closed the doors again.

Taani slid to the floor as soon as she shut the doors. She had faced Koyal with much difficulty and when she thought how she'll face everyone else, she lost all the confidence and courage she had gathered the whole night.

-*-*-

Koyal felt a pang of pain when Taani shut the door but she knew that what her sister was facing wasn't easy. She decided to talk to her parents when she heard some noises. She quickly hurried to the living room which was supposedly the source of the noise. As soon as she reached the entrance of the room she saw Raj pleading her parents to let him meet her. They completely disagreed and after much drama they shut the door on his face.

"Ma, Baba..."

"Koyal... You..."

Koyal looked towards the door hesitantly when Mr. Ghosh shouted "Don't you dare defend Raj, Koyal"

"But Baba..."

"No means no Koyal. Just stop supporting him. I told you not to trust him. You still had blind faith on that guy. You see the result of not understanding what your parents say right? He destroyed Taani's life, my life, your Baba's life." Mrs. Ghosh broke down as she completed..

"No Ma.. You are getting me wrong.. I won't defend Raj for what he did this time. Your Koyal isn't what you are thinking her to be. What he did this time, it us unforgivable." Koyal assured her parents as she remembered Raj's behaviour last night.

"Ma, Baba, Koyal, I want to talk to you right now." They heard Taani calling from her room. They quickly rushed to her room "What happened Taani Di?" Koyal said panic rushing up her nerves.

"I am sorry for everything that happened.." Taani said slightly biting her lower lip to control her emotions.

"No Beta... You are not at fault " Her mother started explaining but was interrupted

"No Ma... Ma... I mean.." She did not know what to say.

"Yes Beta... I am still your Ma. I beg you not to take this right from me. You are an important part of my life." Mrs. Ghosh cupped Taani's face. Taani returned her a half-smile.

"Taani Di... Please forget all that happened. I will talk to Maddy and his family right now" Koyal wiped her tears.

"No Koyal..."

"Yes Taani Di, Ineed to talk to him..."

Taani wanted to stop her but Koyal rushed out.

-*-*-

Koyal was standing in front of Maddy's house for past few minutes. She was still thinking what she'll tell and how will she question him. She did not realise when she pressed the doorbell and gasped at her mistake "No Koyal. You can do it." She stiffened her back waiting for the door to open. When it did after what seemed like eternity she got slightly uncomfortable. She glared at her receiver "I want to..." but before she could complete Surya spoke "Maddy is not at home... Mom and Dad have gone to the Hospital so you better go home. I don't think you want to talk anything with me and even if you want to I am not interested" and saying so he shut the door.

Koyal was shell-shocked. She needed to talk to Maddy and so decided to wait in the lawn.

-*-*-

As soon as Koyal's parents had shut the door on his face Raj had been thinking what to do. He decided to talk to Maddy and Surya and sort out things.

-*-*-

Maddy was confused as the bell had been rung the 50th time in the minute.
"Who could be so impatient early in the morning?" He wondered.

When he opened the door he saw a nervous Raj standing at his doorstep. "Raj? Why are you here so early?"

"Maddy... You need to help me brother... I am totally confused... What should I do to correct my mistake?"

"That's a difficult question... Come inside.. Let's have coffee... Maybe our brains start working.." Maddy motioned him to follow.

"Sure.." Raj replied with a cheeky, nervous smile.

-*-*-

Black_Maniac thumbnail
---Part 3---
As soon as Maddy went inside following Raj, he saw Raj and Surya standing face to face. Surya walked away when he saw Maddy.

"Maady yaar, what's wrong with Surya? I mean why did he break the marriage yaar?" Raj asked Maddy.

"Raj, there is something we can't see. Surya Bhaiya is hiding something. He isn't like this." Maddy said looking at Surya who was helping himself with a cup of coffee.

"Surya!" Raj called out. Surya looked up from his cup, hesitatingly asked "What is it Raj?"

"What are you hiding Surya Bhaiya?" Maddy asked.

Panic rose over Surya and he half-shouted "Nothing!" He took his cup and went to his room.

"Now I am sure, there is something.." Maddy said with assurity.

"Woh sab chhod yaar Maddy. Mujhe bata main Koyal se kya kahu. Woh phone bhi nahi utha rahi hai." Raj said with helplessness.

The bell rang. Maddy went and saw Koyal at the door through the window. "Raj, Koyal bahar hai."

"Maddy tell her I am not there, even better don't open the door. I want to talk something, come with me."

"Maddy who is it?" Surya came out of the room.

"Bhaiya it's Koyal. Can you please tell her I am not at home. Don't let her come home." Maddy pleased Surya.

"Ok"

They saw Surya go to the door and come back a few seconds later. "I told her but seems she is sitting and waiting outside for you."

"Ok. I'll later go out from the window. Raj come in my room we'll talk there."

"You can sit here, I am going to my room" Surya seemed hurt deep down but Maddy couldn't understand why.

-*-*-

Koyal sat there wondering when Maddy would come. Just then she saw Maddy come in through the society gates. She ran to him.

"Maddy..."

"Koyal?" Maddy said trying to act unknown. Koyal noticed something fishy but chose to ignore. She had a bigger task to accomplish.

"Maddy, I wanted to talk to you and your family. Please make Surya Jiju understand. Taani Di is still the same, isn't she?"

"I know Koyal. I even questioned Surya Bhaiya about that. But he seems adamant. You know in the morning before Raj came.." Maddy realised what he spoke.

"Raj came to your house too?" Koyal asked.

"What do you mean by 'too'? He came to your house?"

"Yes he did. Ma Baba didn't allow him to meet me. Neither did I want to." Koyal looked away.

"Whatever. I was saying that I found Surya Bhaiya's eyes red. Seems like he was crying." Maddy said recollecting the events.

"What?! You say that after making Taani Di cry, breaking the engagement, he was crying" Koyal was surprised.

"Yes Koyal. There is something we can't see. I and Raj thought about it..." Maddy mentally slapped himself for mentioning Raj after seeing Koyal upset. "See Koyal, I am sorry, both you and Raj are both my best friends. I can't see both of you upset with each other. I personally think Raj is not at fault. It's all Surya Bhaiya's fault."

"No Maddy, Raj is at fault. It's because of him that Taani Di is so upset."

"Koyal but..."

"Let it be Maddy, you'll support Raj anyways." "But ya, when uncle aunty come send me a message. I want to talk to them." Koyal smiled and went away as Maddy stared at her retreating figure. Koyal was upset, just because of Surya Bhaiya. Maddy decided to find the truth.

-*-*-

"Shubo where were you?" Koyal asked as Shubo returned home in the afternoon.

"Di, is Taani Di at home?" Shubo asked ignoring her question.

"Shubo I asked" "Di, my question is important. Is Taani Di at home?"

"No. She has gone to the park for some fresh air."

"Is she still upset?"

"She is saying no but of course she is upset."

Shubo heard this and ran outside.

Koyal's phone beeped. It was Maddy's message.

Koyal, Amma and Appa won't be coming home now. They came home in a hurry, packed their bags and left for the station. One of our close relatives is ill. They'll come back after a few days. You won't be able to talk to them till they are back. Sorry :(
But please give me a smile ;)

Koyal smiled at Maddy's cuteness.
She sent him a smiley with an 'Ok, it's fine'

-*-*-

Raj sat in his room remembering how Koyal's parents pushed him out of the house.

"Yaar Raj, tune kya kar diya! Sab uss gadhe Arun ki wajah se. Taani ki zindagi kharab ho gayi." Raj hit him on his head. He decided to go out in the fresh air.

As Raj came out, he saw Taani going home. He decided to talk to her but stopped when he saw someone following her. He quickly ran towards the hooded figure. As Taani disappeared inside, Raj caught hold of the guy and punched him. The hood fell to reveal Shubo's face. Shubo let out an 'AAH'.

"Shubo you?" Raj asked with shock.

"Ya it's me" Shubo replied with arrogance. "Why did you punch me?"

"'Cause I thought you were a goon following Taani."

"Stop showing this fake care and concern for Taani Di. If you would have cared for her, you wouldn't have done what you did." Saying so Shubo went inside his house.

Raj was speechless. He knew he was wrong but this kind of treatment was killing him from the inside.

-*-*-

Maddy sat in his room wondering what was being hidden from everyone.
He decided to ask Surya once again.
His phone rang, it was Raj.

"Hello Raj?"

"Yes Maddy, it's me. Actually I wanted to tell you something. It seems not so important but still my heart says it might be important - I saw Shubo following Taani like some goon or spy, with hood and all. You think Shubo has some doubts on Taani or something?"

"Well if you are saying so, I will go and talk to Shubo. Maybe he can help us know the truth."

"Fine. You only go. Still check if Koyal is alright. Bye." Saying so Raj cut the call. Maddy knew Raj was very sad but he also knew Koyal was really angry.
He decided to talk to Shubo first and then to Surya.

-*-*-
rhea.aa thumbnail
This was really nice Krishi.
What's up with Surya? 😲
Continue soon. πŸ˜ƒ
Black_Maniac thumbnail

Originally posted by: apple123flower

This was really nice Krishi.
What's up with Surya? 😲
Continue soon. πŸ˜ƒ

Thanks Appie.. Well I read some of your AbhiGya fictions and you need to agree ther you are much better than me... 😳
SprinklesOfLove thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
This is good. Do continue soon. I want to see how things shape up.
Black_Maniac thumbnail

Originally posted by: SprinklesOfLove

This is good. Do continue soon. I want to see how things shape up.

Thanks😳I'll update soon
Black_Maniac thumbnail
Well I know that this was written long back for another track but I hadn't completely forgotten it and so I decided to make some minor changes in the plot. I hope the story is good 😊