ArHi SS: Memories|| *Thread Two Link page 150*

cheesemad thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago

Short Story: Memories

Banner: .StarryPhoenix

Prologue

(Only first two chapters are in First Person)

They say, memories never fade. They could not be more wrong. Sometimes, no matter what you do, no matter how hard you try, your every precious memory would leave you and you could just wait to die. I was a supporter of 'People change but memories never', until few days back, the day when I was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease. Now I support, 'People change and sometimes memories also vanish!'. I dread that day when I would wake up one morning and ask for my own name.

They say I have my mother's smile and father's voice.I have never seen or met them, they died soon after my birth, then how could I smile like her and talk like him? What connects me to them? I had always wondered when I was a kid. Genes! Genes connect us. Isn't it fascinating,  sperm and egg could carry whole bunch of characteristics. This fascination led me to pursue genetics. As far as memories are concerned, they don't fade, they can never, at least in my case. I have an eidetic memory, best known as photographic memory. I could never forget a thing if I have seen it once but someone very close to me whom I love immensely would forget even my existence someday and I could just sit and blame my fate.

They say time is the best healer. Who cares what they say? At least I do not! Some wounds can never be healed. Memories fade, yes they do but some memories never blur. In my case that one memory never lets me live in peace. Let me ask you a question, how would you feel when you wake up one day, you wish 'Good Morning' to the most important person of your life and instead of a simple, 'Good Morning', you get an awkward smile and an Earth shattering question is thrown at your way, 'I am sorry, do I know you?'. This memory never left me and would never leave me. I had seen Alzheimer's taking away my most precious belonging.  

Arnav, Anjali and Khushi were living their life peacefully when a storm called Alzheimer's disease hit them. A disease that doesn't give an ounce of physical pain but it crushes you mentally. Memories work in a complicated way, sometimes there is no way to shut away a painful memory and sometimes there is no way to capture them in a bottle and never let it fade. But as they say if Love is strong, nothing can make it fade because it is not a memory, it is a feeling that remains with you for forever.

Synopsis

Anjali Raizada suffers from early on-set Alzheimer's which is genetic. Her geneticist brother, Arnav Singh Raizada is devastated after getting this news but he is hopeful to find a cure. He finds a caregiver for his sister, Khushi Gupta who has seen this disease from very close. What happens when two people with different ideology come together to save a person, whose memories are doomed and blurred for forever?

Information regarding few important things:

Alzheimer's disease: It is a disease that gradually makes one forget everything, it starts with small things and  takes the patient to the a point where he/she doesn't even remember their language, their relatives or anything else.

Eidetic memory: There is nothing called eidetic or popularly known as photographic memory. In other words, some people have sharp memory, they can remember so many things just after looking at these things just once but there is no ideal eidetic memory, science defies the concept. So in practical world, eidetic memory is remembering number of things just looking at those things once or twice but it is not perfect😊

Story: This is a romance story with a touch of human relations. It is nothing like my last story Chaos which was very unconventional. Also only first two chapters are in First Person, so if you are not comfortable with it, bear with me till chapter two.

PMs:

I am going to PM only to the people who are leaving a feedback. I am writing since a long time now (2 years, in which one year was a sabbatical for meπŸ˜›)  but I have never put this condition forward because I believe 'If content is good enough people would leave a comment themselves, I do not have to pester them' but now due to two very difficult and PhD level courses, I will have to start doing this. So, if you have found prologue interesting enough, comment here or send me a PM regarding how you felt.  Silent readers can bookmark and read! I am so sorry for doing this people, I hope you will understand. 

So, bottomline, comment here, send a buddy request to CheesemadPMs and get a PM. 

Index:

Chapter 1: Pre-Dementia

Chapter 2: Diagnosis

Chapter 3: Unpleasant Rendezvous

Note: World's Alzheimer's Day

Chapter 4: When Raizada Meets His Match  

Chapter 5: The Girl With Firefly tattoo 

Chapter 6: Embarrassments

Chapter 7: Its Alive

Chapter 8: There Is Something About Him

Important Note

Chapter 9: Phenomenon of Romance

Thread 2

Edited by cheesemad - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CheesemadPMs thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Comment and send buddy request here to get PMs Edited by CheesemadPMs - 8 years ago
Fe-en-Dios thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

πŸ€—

Edit 

The prologue is very nice and since I have seen someone around me very closely suffer from Alzeimer's I know exactly how it feels 

It's tough for the person whose going through it ..and TOUGHER for people around to cope up with the disease as n when it advances 

BTW the movie With Drew Barrymore and Ada, Sandler ..have u seen it ?..that is my fave till date ..

Al the best I am sure u will do justice to this one 

Every breathe you take 
Every move you make 
I ll be watching you ...
Edited by Fe-en-Dios - 8 years ago
Sadh123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Me.. am excited more than you cheenu πŸ˜‰

Well as I said.. this is very good.contained the suspense very well cheenu.. I am getting excited..

So the first one is Khushi? Second is Arnav, for sure!!!! Third is Anjali? Between first and third am little confused..

Waiting very eagerly.. to know how they are related, and how they react after the storm hits them and how they go about with it..

I watched a movie recently which had this concept..like not the leads but one of the supporting character.. I would like to see how you portray it.. 

Yeah I do know bout Alzheimer..all thanks to bio.. it is hereditary.. but I haven't heard the other name for photographic memory.

All the best cheenu.. you will do awesome!
Edited by Sadh123 - 8 years ago
barsha_dash thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Me here :-)
----------------------------------
A very interesting prologue. I have watched a few movies on Alzheimer's disease and I know it is hereditary.
I am definitely looking forward to reading this story.😊
Edited by barsha_dash - 8 years ago
Aims. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Reserved πŸ˜†
So here I'm as promised. I was waiting for this one! Something related to my field!
I'm loving the way you are trying new concepts Basanti. I mean every story of yours screams that"Hey there look here! It's something unique that you've never read before"
I loved this prologue! So damn good! I'm looking forward to it. Start it very soon! And be ready for my non stop blathering! As Aimmy the Pagal is all free now.

Abhi k liye itna hi. :D

P.S when I read it two days back I was revising my biology notes! Hehe and the thing I was reading was just this"Alzheimer's Disease"

PPS test was not so okay! Still hoping for the best!
:)
Love
~~Aimmy~~~ Edited by ..Aimmy... - 8 years ago
luvbug thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
oh wow a new stroy...eagerly waiting πŸ˜ƒ
jeb1 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Nice prologue
Continue soon
Thanks for pm me
MeenuCrazyPanda thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Yo Cheeni.. That was one hell of prologue.. 
I have seen many movies with this disease as their base concept.. 
Would love to see you unfold the lives of ArShi and Anjali with this.. 

As much as I love to read yaar.. I am not stationed at one place right now.. I am on job hunt which demands my presence all over the country.. I will check my pm only if there is time to sit in one place and respond accordingly.. 

So If you are not so keen with this.. You remove me yourself or tell me I will do that honors.. 

Thank you.. 

Bye.. 

Will wait for you to write this beautiful concept
Dhrenu thumbnail
Very excited to read more:) different concept, i hvnt read any story on this concept till now!! It will be new experience to read more about it:) thanks for pm:)