Users

Frequent Posters

Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: indi52

episode 341

(thanks for the texture, kate)
awesome edit, If you allow me then I want to share it in facebook.

how much need can you put in a pair of eyes i thought (see below, unedited0... upbeat notes of rabba ve, a good feeling. a lovely shot of the two of them. i particularly like the way he leans against the wall... suddenly i am thinking guest house.

she's yelling at him, pushing him, he's walking backward. that evening he'd finally gripped her arms, stopped her onslaught and her whirled around, pinning her pack against the wall.
uff what a scene it was; I still have goose bumps when I watch it.

today he let her come at him. settling back against the frame of the french window, opening up, letting her show her ire... everything would have felt wrong, if that thing in his eyes were not there.

rhea has mentioned this in her 340 take, and it happened to me too... i suddenly was okay with him apologising, even saying thanks later (gosh the achhi bahu brigade really pushed it, didn't they), perhaps because somehow he conveyed to me it was because he loves this woman and he understands she really meant no harm... he knows the dangers. he is not letting his guard down, but he knows she did it because she loves him, loves his sister and wants to see his sister well. 
I never mind when he said sorry to her or even bowed down his head; cause she endured a lot in this relationship. I am feeling it even more as I have been watching the first marriage track nowadays. How turbulent phase it was for her; she got all the loathe of the man she loved and got to bear all the abhorrence of both of the family. But I am so proud of her that she could overcome all the hardship. So I think she desertves his sorry, love everything. 

love is a strange thing... makes you take steps you never ever thought you would. and it feels, it rarely judges.

i judged khushi. but asr saw her with a lover's eyes and read something deeper, more worth treasuring than the obvious take of... she is wrong. his anger had already said that to her. he possibly realised he just did not like hurting her... even though what she did was not really right. 
not anger only, he actually spurted out too much rancor. the words he uttered in rage was too painful.

"waise toh hume bhi aapse maafi mangni chahiye... " i should also apologise to you, begins khushi. i think, yes, you should and please tell him you shouldn't have done what you did. but the lover cuts her short... "di khush hai and that's all that matters."

di is happy, he says in a crisp cool voice, and that's all that matters. his other love, his di... anything for her too and all the forgiveness in the world.
yes indeed, his di was his everything. because of his di, he played with an innocent girl's life.

there's a largeness and breadth to this character and a cutting to the chase, an action orientation, he's a fairly quick thinker, he can see beyond the obvious and he is a man who likes pace... lingering unnecessarily over things is not his way at all.
well said, but not always. he took too much time to clear the misunderstanding. If Khushi wouldn't do the suicide drama he perhaps wouldn't reveal the secret ever.

thanks, khushi... killer delivery. i gasped and tried to hit someone for writing such nonsense, but barun sobti had already made sense of it. evolved loving, what could be more beautiful... well maybe a hot and handsome man in black against grey, smiling ever so slightly.

one had to kiss him. so of course she did. loved the shot, the gradual moving toward each other, electricity in the air.
i loved the kiss, it was her first genuine kiss to her man.

bua ji had to call just then...😆
interruption in romance is IPK trend 

he quips, "ek baar agar main tumhara haath chhor diya toh fir nahin pakdunga..." if i let go of your hand once i shan't hold it again. where is all this coming from, was another path being explored?
this dialogue was intentionally written to open the option of another separation.

"khushi, neeche chalein..." shall we go downstairs. cuuute.

actually, the thing that i liked in this episode was the body language of two lovers. when script failed them, they showed with their stance and physical rhythm the growth in their relationship. khushi's haq is sure and quite demanding now, his give is gorgeous, but that doesn't mean his anger has abated, but loving or raging, his need and love are clear, as is his sense of a right over her. the way he cradles her, that hand over her head, the knowing smile... and her need so apparent in the head buried in his chest, eyes shut, longing writ large on face.

again thanks? i am getting ready to yell at asr despite my love, when he says, smoothly... but the fire streaking behind the smoothness scorches me.

"mujhe ussme zara sa bhi vishwas nahin hai..." i don't trust him at all. thank g for that. he has to share his belief with khushi while accepting her act. not so that he can say, i told you so later, but because she is his patni and really finally at last there is one person he can open up to. 

she is touched by what he said i think.

it was a crucial moment somehow i thought.

khushi, main promise karta hoon, tum aur main... hamesha na? always...

khushi, i promise that you and i... always rigght?... always.

slightly obvious writing, but that "always" smooth swift asr has me in a state.

beautiful music. i often wondered how they matched the background score so perfectly. did they play the music while shooting to get the timing right...

that happy lovely walk by the man, introspecting.. in his own world laad gov asr at last he has a chance at happiness.

i have no idea why the shyam dadi scene was inserted there. so asr is so stupid that he'll stand where shyam can see his reflection? what.ever.

khushi is progressively more flaky. a girl being nervous on her haldi day, khushi especially, is understandable, can even be very cute and would have been too, if the premise was right. in a "remarriage" where sheknows him this well.. where she has just gone and fought with him, demanded he understand, kissed him, said hamehsa na... suddenly this volte face. not really endearing. quite a strain to watch.
yup it looked forced and incoherent to me also.

he wakes up smiles sweetly, happy boy there.  i feel for asr, has he ever smiled like that in the morning lying in bed?

then some meaningless stuff about ring and things and they are going to surprise the guptas by shifting haldi there? how unthinking is that and how silly is the writing.
very weird.

khushi's haldi look was definitely inspired by the bengali gaaye holud look, at least when i got married, we still wore white saree with red border, handloom, garland of flowers, maybe even a couple of other flower ornaments and actually the saree comes from the bride groom's house along with the things they wish to gift the bride. it's a clean fresh look. 
I attended few bengali gaye holud. they do wear sarees like this. and flower jewelry actually is worn in most of the desi haldi ceremony. not only haldi but all the bride's costume comes from groom's side.

sanaya was pretty in white and red but there was something not natural about her persona any more, the make up too hard, the saree not really a saree, more a costume. wish they'd give real ethnic dressing a try sometime in these gaudy serials. one of the best things about diwali was that khushi wore something one might have in real life, including the dainty costume jewellery, given she is not from a wealthy family... the whole feel was natural and beautiful.
I actually loved her haldi look. What I didn't like was her wedding attire.

everyone is in white for haldi and there's a bright cheerful indian wedding air at the guptas. nani ji looks gracious and almost makes me believe people actually do such things, just land up at the girl's house for a rasam.

nk says, "so aaj ke liye main hi nannav hoon." he is arnav for the day. again i think, was some other story being considered?
that what I thought also. Arnav sure will not appear at the wedding and NK will marry khushi and Khushi will be preggy with Arnav's child.

"'scuse me?" arrives, i must die a bit. he is wearing a not very cool white kurta but he is looking so male, so ready to... what? i am a mess.
he was looking sexy.

body language this episode, i must say again, was something else.

i guffawed at that swift salman khan at crossing come back. way back he'd sometimes tease di... nirupa roy... the only light moments he had perhaps. only one person with whom he could let his guard down, be a 26 year old. but even with her, certain things were not to be shown or shared. now he has khushi, the girl without whom he can't live, maybe that's why he can laugh with her.

"lakshmi nagar ke signal pe khada hoke tumhara wait kar raha hai.. jao jake shadi kar lo," nice dialogue... that go get married to him intrigues me. starting with if i leave your hand... there have been several things said that seem to hint at a story a little differnt from what we saw.
I enjoyed that Salmanwal dialogue too.

and while i absolutely loved the moments of khushi asr at the end. his bristling, grazing heat, her slightly tremulous but no less aroused fire... i did think that dialogue about his love needing no proof was meant to be part of  something coming up. but that didn't happen. and minus that it just seemed like a hero type, seetee baja dialogue. asr gets angry, but he rarely says hero sounding stuff. shut up would have been enough here. and then maybe a kiss... on her earlobe, because he just needs her so much... but he will wait.
he became too horny during the remarriage track. it was difficult for him to control his libido. she stayed with him for six months, but unfortunately, he did nothing, and just before this remarriage he just couldn't control his desire.

even khushi's dialogues that lead up to the proof words are lame really.

kyunki aap humse pyaar nahin karte... because you don't love me.

really? subah paper mein aya tha?... really? was it in the newspaper this morning?

she insists. he gets angry.

"don't you dare say that again... mere pyaar ko kissi saboot ki zaroorat nahin hai..." my love doesn't need any proof whatsoever.

she quickly apologises

lots of rabba ve.

i look at the words again. nah... there was another story.

nice analysis.
But I defied a lot with your opinion. don't get mad at me. You know I feel for Khushi a bit more. An orphan girl who always hid her pain behind her smile to make others happy. She is just a giving soul and I want her to get all the love of ASR. I was watching the forced marriage track and again I cried like  baby when ASR got her out from the room on her wedding night. ASR did lot of injustice to her. that's why my heart elates to see him love her.

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
hi sohara, thanks for reading. why should i mind if you differ in your pov? i love it. that's why we are here, to see from all our perspectives... and when i read another pov i get a sense of nuance. if my way were the only way, why bother to write. 😃

yes, i know you feel kkg a lot. i do too... but the writing got silly and lost empathy.

i also sense a very deeply broken part in asr and only kkg gives it peace, succour, sweetness... salve... there is tremendous need in each character for the other. that's where they join... their coitus is hardly a physical one... which is why the unnecessary focus on sex and when is a good time to have it bugged me.

her sanka also frees him, lets a kid trapped in a scream laugh open heartedly at last.

and all his really nasty behaviour... oh she forgives him just as only she can. and somewhere she knows why he does these awful things... she says as much... because you love me so much... he does. more than anyone ever has loved her and perhaps in their longing for each other his will always be a bit more... for she is really the only only one with whom he is himself... his vulnerable bit out. his heart calls out to her...

she was orphaned young but never tainted with betrayal and its horrors, also she was brought up by a doting loving family... gave her a sense of hope and joy within. but yes, she is fragile,
, with a sense of gratitude always because she knows how good her fam has been, never having really "owned" anyone... that first person is this khadoos laad governor... over whom she feels huq and who insists she should grab her huq... sigh, such beauty in this kahani. (just before dadi came, so much possibility.)

and she is indeed a sensitive fabulous child with a laughter and clean heart quite hard to find... which is why when the writers messed her it felt terrible.

that suicide marred her character, they turned her into a marionette... no, she was never that.

asr cannot bring himself to talk about shyam and what he saw, because it is her... and to even go there makes him break again... it's perhaps a pain akin to the one he felt when his mother died and he heard his father was a philanderer. khushi is too much apart of him to be able to actually say, speak of his chot...

that is the sense i got.

the writers could have found a better route to the revelation.

but even with all its flaws, ipk remains one of the finest pieces of work i have seen that delves into the very nature of love, and in a real way. and explores its not politically right but emotionally intense and valid being.

no unreal expectations... with all its downs and every up of this magnificent feeling, a magnificent love story.

who'd have thought tacky tv would bring such a thing to us.

honestly... i would love to see a season 2. the story is not yet over... not really.

yeah, super horny asr. i don't blame the poor chap. i think having to do all the things he doesn't believe in is also making him edgy and wanting his legally wedded wife mere paas mere saath. aww.

here on, i will often write things you may not like... sorry.

about shadi: in our bong hindu shadis, the shadi ka saree (back then lal benarasi) is from the girl's house... she wears the ladke wale's saree at the boubhaat. when the sindoor is put during the shadi, the bridegroom's family holds a lajjavastra saree over her head, symbolically accepting her as a member of their fam. i of course am still a little fazed by this giving and taking of girls... let's change the rules, let's give and take the guys. i bag asr. bas. 😆

Edited by indi52 - 8 years ago
DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Disclaimer: Please do not copy my work anywhere. If you do, please give credit. 

Episode 133 

A happy sight, but not ... 

He loved his family, so did she
He'd hide his pain, so would she
The riddle of the siblings had to be solved
The matter of an alliance had to be resolved 

Buried the hatchet to bring happiness forth
A plot hatched to bring suppressed love forth
A truce is made with a deal arrived
Not a deal, it's my shaadi, the cousin cried

So off they go with a plan to execute
Their own feelings set to mute
An on-the-field training in sanka antics
Their plan succeeds despite loop-holed tactics 

An exciting joy watching their siblings unite
They had come together to set something right
They'd have wanted to celebrate by hugging tight
Their nonchalant attitude, not a happy sight

DurgaS's Index 

Edited by DurgaS - 8 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
hi durga,

lovely one... that feelings set on mute and on the field training... nice.
DurgaS thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

hi durga,

lovely one... that feelings set on mute and on the field training... nice.

Thanks Indi. They were at loggerheads for reasons concerning the heart ofcourse. But when it came to their respective brother and sister, they didn't waste time in joining hands to bring their siblings together. Now at the end of the day, they are in a peculiar position. So much in between them but muted, unspoken. 

Bhai behen ki gaadi patri pe aa gayi 
Magar pata nahin khudki gaadi ke liye patri hai bhi ya nahin. 
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Indi di thanks for reading my 342. I know.. I know.. who is this Khushi? definitely not the one we know.
But, the Akash Payal scene disturbing those two.. me like.. somehow reminded me of the 130's which you and Durga di are writing about now. 

Intelligent show.. that is my strongest wish for Barun. He is such an instinctive intelligent actor, with a nice story he will be challenged. And when he enjoys his work the result is ASR.

aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: DurgaS

Disclaimer: Please do not copy my work anywhere. If you do, please give credit. 

Episode 133 

A happy sight, but not ... 

He loved his family, so did she
He'd hide his pain, so would she
The riddle of the siblings had to be solved
The matter of an alliance had to be resolved 

Buried the hatchet to bring happiness forth
A plot hatched to bring suppressed love forth
A truce is made with a deal arrived
Not a deal, it's my shaadi, the cousin cried

So off they go with a plan to execute
Their own feelings set to mute
An on-the-field training in sanka antics
Their plan succeeds despite loop-holed tactics 

An exciting joy watching their siblings unite
They had come together to set something right
They'd have wanted to celebrate by hugging tight
Their nonchalant attitude, not a happy sight

DurgaS's Index 

Oh Durga di this is most delightful.. a witty poem just like sanakadevi's plan.. love the title a well.. sigh.. 
DurgaS thumbnail
Thanks Rhea. Sankadevi's totally filmy plans. Arnav was sure they won't work. But since Khushi knew her jiji better, he gave a nod to the plan. Was amused it actually worked. Pagal, he said aloud, 'but cute' his heart must have surely whispered. ðŸ˜‰
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: aarwen

Episode 342

In all the interactions today, I think my favourite was Payal and Akash's intrusion while ASR decides, dark or not dark, it is time to kiss that mehendi on Khushi's hands.  Akash looks like he has gone into shock, while Payal is surprisingly more adept at dealing with the situation. 
it was a cute interruption from Payal and Akash. but he actually kissed on her palm. I don't know why they edited the scene.

Just so you know, in hotstar the title of this episode is "Shyam admires Khushi's beauty".  In fact, they could have even called it "Shyam the know-it-all shrewd leering super villain"
it is mentioned in hotstar like this? You know some people were really upset after this episode; they became doubtful about Arnav's love for Khushi. so many people thought arnav was not capable to protect khushi. some were so mad that even wished NK to marry Khushi. Actually the man was smitten so much by his beautiful wife that became oblivious of his surrounding.

He tried to charm his way as the dutiful humble damaadji, but both NK and nani were not in a relenting mood. There was some drama with babuji getting agitated seeing him there. I still hoped that would mean babuji would speak and reveal Shyam's murderous intentions, but that is not going to happen.
They should make babuji well. they did an injustice to the story. 

NK was again given the center stage in some ways. Lots of suggestive humor and bawdy jokes were made by him and others, while ASR was too smitten by Khushi to remember to even utter a what the!

NK was also the only one to notice Shyam having a field day filming Khushi.  Everyone else is oblivious of his lewd staring. In between all this sickening leering, Shyam even manages to notice Garima panicking. For close to ten episodes now I think Garima has sported this terrified helpless look. No one else has noticed, but Shyam the astute villain sees all knows all.  
it was really strange how no one could find Garima's activity suspicious.  

Anjali does a bit of noticing too, of a different one tracked kind. She notices the animosity towards her Shyamji and keeps a watchful eye. I did find Anjali looking towards Shyam to make sure he was fine perceptive writing in a way. He didn't deserve the sympathy and she was blind, but well she was being caring.
She was delusional

Babuji and Khushi's scene had a touch of sweetness. Father's have a special kind of blessing reserved for their daughters. In lots of ways babuji and Khushi's relationship has been the foundation of strength in the girl. And I have a firm belief that if he could talk he would tell us he really liked Arnav bitwa as a husband for Khushi.
yes indeed. he used to like Arnav a lot. when Khushi went to Nainital with him, everybody was mad at her, but Babuji was not. It was not that he trusted Khushi, but he trusted Arnav a well. So many times we saw his caring gesture to Arnav even in his disabled condition.  Actually Khushi and Babuji shared a very beautiful bonding. I wish if he would've recoverd completely.

Am not a fan of the dupatta, and the pair of sun glasses was silly. This sugary obvious romance with sniggering family members doesn't make the heart go dhak dhak at all. dhup sa boy and chandini si girl was such an interesting concept. Specially when that song used to play and there was a feeling stealing its way in. This blatant unimaginative handling of the difference between the hero and heroine is no fun at all.😆😆

Through that dupatta, there was one instance when ASR was not smiling too much. He had a thoughtful gaze as he looked at Khushi, radiant and happy.  If a look can talk of love, this one was it for me, this episode. 
i agree. I also loved his loving, intense and meaningful staring at her.

I didn't quite understand the specifics of what he meant when he tells Anjali to put haldi the way it was applied on Khushi, but I did appreciate the gravity of tone and air of concentration. He is a man on a mission, to give his wife a dream wedding. So, in his habitual all or nothing way he is set to be the perfect groom. Now if only he would smile less..
you just said it. ASR had a deep remorse for coercing Khsuhi in a forced marriage. and he also was in contrition for manhandle her so many times. This remarriage actually was his redemption.

I guess I can give a little levy to the uninspired scenes this episode, since next is all about chemistry. Still, I like my love stories to be spirited. Where every interaction between hero and heroine is to be experienced with bated breath. With Khushi's cliched demure smiles and ASR's alien mushy smiles this hardly feels like the ajeeb love story I watch ipk for.
i actually love every scene of Arnav and khushi whether it doesn't make any sense or not. Barun and Sanaya together is a treat to watch.

Anyway, watch ipk after a little break and even an episode like this is almost therapeutic, of course had I been watching some of the other classic episode that would be pure elixir. Why I am rambling? Because now I understand why I do not write reviews of the hundred other Indian soaps on television. There were no highs to note and no abysmal lows to lament. This mediocrity in story telling, sets, even dialogues is something I have come to expect in this phase of ipk. There was nothing to tug at my heart, or make me want to rewind and savor again. But, in true sankadevi sprits I will focus on the bright side.  Next episode is surely going to bring on the acidity.

nice take Rhea. sorry for reading so late. I became too busy with AD. and now our holly month ramadan started, so became more busy now. Trying to stay away from mundane stuff. But can't live without IPK. It became my addictive drug you know.
it's good that you are still writing and please keep on writing and don't forget to PM me. I will definitely read at my convenience. 
you are right the story was not so impactful any more. But still I love to watch, because of Barun and sanaya. I just love to see them together, bas.
I liked all the lines in blue and my comments are in purple.