Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pizookie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
Rajnikant and Sonakshi.. She is younger than his youngest daughter. 
Sunny Deol and Urvashi Rautela.. That's nearly some 37-38 years of age difference. ðŸ¤¢
Ela- thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: ChemistryMajor

What I don't understand is why must actors and actresses go from playing lead to dad/mom? There is so much in between these two extremes.

And another thing is that why are the younger heroines the only options when it comes to being paired with some of the older actors?

Bollywood has so many good actresses that when paired with a Khan or Akshay or Ajay would make amazing jodis. Why don't they utilize these actresses anymore?

With an age appropriate actresses and a solid script, they can continue playing heroes.

Preity, Rani, Tabu, Madhuri, Karishma, Kajol, Sonali, Shilpa - they made some of the best pairings in Bollywood with the Khans, Akshay, Ajay, Saif. USE THEM. I'd rather watch a proper movie with these actors than the gimmicky, action filled, crappy movies these guys are currently doing.

@bold - because younger heroines sell well. Young unmarried heroine in a film is a requirement of the market because they attract male audience. Older heroines can't pull crowds on their own. Sad but true.
Bollywood doesn't have scripts for 35+ or even 30+ heroines except mother roles or side roles (few exceptions just prove the rule). Also there are no mature love stories in Bollywood, except KANK to some extent.
Moreover, apparently not so many 'older' heroines are willing to return to movies after marriage, or their husbands don't allow them to do it.

On topic: Sunny Deol was paired opposite Kangana in the movie 'I love new year' which hasn't been released yet I think. They have 31 years age gap.

Edited by Ela- - 9 years ago