1 | ArHi FF Resistance | COMPLETE

chotidesi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago

Welcome to a new story, set in 1942 pre-independence India. It'll be longer than my other stories, and I hope you'll join me for this journey as well.

Posting: Posting will be on India Forums and the blog.

Updates: Updates should be once a week, generally on Wednesdays- unless otherwise noted.

Notifications: Please follow me @ipkchotidesi on Twitter or PM me your email, and I will send out emails. Thank you!

INDEX:

Thread 1:

Chapter Three
Chapter Four

Thread 2:

Chapter Thirteen (Part 2)
Edited by chotidesi - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chotidesi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

August 10 1942

Delhi, India

She looked up when the heavy, barred door slammed shut, her hazel eyes glittering with anger as she took in the person in front of her.

"They cannot possibly hold me here. They have no charges against me."

"Don't blame me for this. I warned you."

"This is your idea of British equality and justice? Holding an innocent girl here, in this dank jail cell, for no crime?"

"Oh, but you have committed a crime."

"The crime of meeting friends? Your angrez have made that a crime too? Shabash."

"What bullshit. You organized that as a part of that rubbish 'Quit India' movement, you and that... man."

She bristled, her eyes flashing in irritation.

"That man is my fiance."

"He isn't your fiance yet. You're facing over a year in jail. I told you not to associate with him, didn't I?"

She could see the barely concealed distaste in his eyes, his face contorted into a grimace.

"It is not wrong to meet friends. Neither is it wrong to want freedom from a government a continent away."

"Damn it, Khushi, why are you doing this?"

"Because I am Indian. Not British. This is Bharat, and they've had us to use as the crown jewel of their damned empire for much too long."

"Why can't you see that they've done good things for this broken country? They've brought it some sense of unity."

"Yeah, unity against them."

"That man is bad news, Khushi. Stay away from him."

She stood up, pushing herself abruptly from the tiny bed to step up to him. He towered over her in his pristinely pressed suit, glaring at her through squared glasses, but it didn't seem to deter her.

"Is this really about British colonialism, Raizada?"

"It's Raizada, now?"

"Why does it matter to you?"

Her eyes were cool, regarding him with something akin to smugness. He stepped closer, his hands fisted at his sides as his dark eyes glimmered with barely concealed rage.

"I didn't throw you in jail. You threw yourself in jail by collaborating with that madman and involving yourself with a frivolous movement. Did you even think of the consequences on my family? Or did you focus on yourself?"

He saw her face blanch, and felt a strange sense of satisfaction at unnerving her.

"Think about it, Khushi. The girl staying with the Raizadas, who are well known for their loyalty, is accused of being a traitor."

"I am not a traitor."

"But that's not how everyone sees it, is it?"

She gritted her teeth and he stepped closer, forcing her to look up at him.

"There's no way you'll get out of here on your own. And while you deserve to pay for your insolence, my family's reputation will be compromised."

Her eyes snapped up to him, flashing with anger as she gritted out a response.

"I don't particularly care about the jail time, Arnav. They're my family too, and I'm hardly a commodity that you can claim'."

He raised an eyebrow, smiling lazily. She had admitted exactly what he needed her to.

"They are your family, aren't they? So... you wouldn't want them to be disgraced in this manner, would you?"

She sucked in a sharp breath, pain evident on her face.

"The choice is yours, Khushi. You can choose to stay here with... him, pursuing a misguided set of ideals. Or you can agree to my offer and keep our family from being disgraced."

"I don't need your damned pity, Arnav."

She bit out determinedly, resentment in every word. Arnav felt the barriers holding his anger back break, and he slid his hand to the nape of her neck, pulling her sharply into him.

"Go to hell, Khushi Kumari Gupta."

He whispered the words against her lips, fury laden in every word. Her eyes widened as she realized what he was going to do, but before she could react, he crushed her lips beneath his.

It was hardly a kiss of love, purely fueled by lust. Khushi struggled in his arms, steadfastly holding her mouth shut. Her fists gripped his collar tightly, her fingernails digging into the expensive fabric.

He bit down sharply on her lower lip, drawing blood. She gasped, and he thrust his tongue into her mouth, soothing the pain with a gentle swipe of his tongue. He felt her anger in the way she responded, biting and nipping as she dueled with him.

Her eyes fluttered shut as his hands pulled at her hair, letting the thick, silky strands fall through his fingers.

His hands slid down her back to rest at her hips as he backed her against the wall, tugging her lower body into his. He pressed his hips against her, the thin fabric of their clothes failing to mask his obvious arousal.

He groaned when her nimble hands brushed the bare skin revealed by the open buttons. His own hands moved up her waist, relishing her curves through the flimsy fabric of her cotton salwar kameez.

She gasped when he brushed his thumbs against the straining peaks, her eyes flying open in horror. She shoved him away sharply, breathing heavily as she attempted to regain her bearings.

Her hair was a mess, falling everywhere from when his hands had raked through it. Her lips were swollen and tingling, and she could feel the imprint of his teeth on her lower lip. Her eyes were clouded with desire, the hazel turned dark and glassy.

"The choice is yours, Khushi."

Her eyes flashed with mortification and hurt, her entire body shaking with fury as she stepped away from the wall.

"Get the hell out, Raizada."

He swiveled on his heel, walking calmly out of the cell. He paused at the door, his back to her.

"Give up now, Khushi. This is nothing but trouble. You'll be labeled a traitor."

"I'd rather be a traitor to imperialistic bas***ds than a traitor to my friends, Raizada. That's something I certainly didn't learn from you."

She spit, her eyes boring a hole into his straight back. He stiffened instantly, and she knew he was seething with anger.

Without another word, he stalked out, leaving Khushi behind in the damp, drafty cell.

Note: This one's for Rith, happy birthday! Thank you for always being there, for being a fantastic friend, and for listen to me ramble on about this story. I hope you have a wonderful day and year ahead, filled with lots of sweets!  

I hope you liked this prologue! This will be different from what I usually write, but I'm very, very excited for it.

I will not PM for this story- I will email though, and if you would like update notifications, please PM me your email or follow @ipkchotidesi on Twitter

I can't wait to hear your thoughts!

Love always,

Choti.

Edited by chotidesi - 9 years ago
Chokri_ASR thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
res for my baby's next piece of work... woohoo! 

What a banging opener, just like you promised!  Just from the prologue, I can already tell what an amazing journey this is going to be because this is what you have been wanting to write for so long.  And, now you finally get to do it!!! They say when it comes from the heart, it will be the best.  So my dear lil sister, I wish you all the best with this journey, that I know will rock it!

The story itself, the time period, a strong Khushi, arrogant Arnav, their hatred, but at the same time the passion for another and the mind blowing kiss = a pataka story!

So bring it on with a bang bang... and since you have embedded this song in my head this week, only fair I throw it back to you...  Love you XOXO!!!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HDdjwpPM3Y[/YOUTUBE]

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday Rithika!!!! πŸ€—

Edited by Chokri_ASR - 9 years ago
Arshi67 thumbnail
Res

Choti, my love, I'm very excited to be reading your new story. The backdrop you've chosen is an extremely interesting one. I'm already much intrigued by the prologue. There's obviously something between them, given the conflagration caused by that kiss. But what? And who is this fianc? Why is Khushi staying with the Raizadas? She clearly supports the 'Quit India' movement, but it seems Arnav supports the British. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us :)

Rith, wishing you a very Happy Birthday!

Edited by Arshi67 - 9 years ago
...ASB100... thumbnail
Yayyy! RESISTANCE IN DA HOUSE! Finally! It's been so long since DD ended (okay, I know it's not been that long, but it feels that way). I've missed your stories so much Choti! And holy smokes, what a start! 

1. Arnav is so possessive! Khushi talked about her "fiance", and he went, "He isn't your fiance yet." LOL Arnav. Thanks for the clarification. 
And then, Khushi was talking about something else, and he interrupts with, "That man is bad news, Khushi. Stay away from him." One track mind. Only obsesses over getting Khushi away from THAT man. 

2. "He towered over her in his pristinely pressed suit, glaring at her through squared glasses, but it didn't seem to deter her"--ARNAV WEARS SQUARED GLASSES! What??!!! OMG. Squared glasses are typically associated with nice, pleasant, boring guys--like SRK in Rab Ne Bana di Jodi--but here is Arnav, with his volatile temperament, in squared glasses. Curious, Choti, very curious. πŸ˜† 

3. "Why does it matter to you?"--Aapko kya farak padta hai? I lau the way you used this line! Can't wait to see Arnav answer this question!

4. "The girl staying with the Raizadas, who are well known for their loyalty, is accused of being a traitor."--Khushi is staying with the Raizadas? Not living with them? Does that mean this is only a temporary arrangement? But then why does Khushi think of them as her family? Too much brain workout you're giving my brain cells. In desperate need of a shaatir dimaag here! πŸ˜†

5. "Or you can agree to my offer and keep our family from being disgraced."--Offer? Bole toh? Did Arnav offer to marry her or something? In exchange for keeping her out of jail? Hmmm...can't wait to see what this offer is about! 

6. THAT KISS. THAT KISS. THAT KISS. OH-EM-GEEE. MUST STOP WRITING IN CAPS. BUT THAT KISS! That was hot hot hot. Whattey start! 

Choti, loved it! I've always loved historical romances, so can't wait to see how you write this story! This is so exciting! Updat-iya soon pleej! Eagerly waiting! 

Edited by ...ASB100... - 9 years ago
Heavens_Flower thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Resistance... Resistance...
Resistance to oppression...
Resistance to temptation...
Resistance to love?
Resistance to lust!

Intense... Intense...
Intense is this beautiful prologue
Intense is this journey is going to be
Intense is this conversation between them
Intense to infinity and beyond is that kiss 

Excitement... Excitement...
Excitement for another offering from Choti
Excitement that it will be a longer journey
Excitement that there is Arnav and Khushi
Excitement is what we will feel for each update

Beautiful... Beautiful...
Beautiful are the words used
Beautiful is this subject chosen
Beautiful is that banner displayed
Beautiful is what its going to be all around
Edited by Heavens_Flower - 9 years ago
1chilly thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
 Choti πŸ‘
Thanks Ruchi!πŸ€—

I was waiting for the Big Bang, Choti. And it is here at last. 
I love period dramas and this one is definitely going to be intersting.
Khushi as a rsistante and Arnav on  the side of the British.
And the passion and the chemistry is ever present.
Will be waiting for the next jumma for the first chapter.

Rith, wish you a very Happy Birthday! 
Edited by 1chilly - 9 years ago
rith123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Yay! Resistance is here :)
And thank you!

Res
cineraria thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
So bitwa is a gulaam huh? What an A-hole. πŸ˜‘ But I am sure there's much more to their story than what I made from the epilogue. Bitiya's friends be the revered krantikaaris πŸ‘ and what the hell is the offer that brute is laying in front my Koosie? πŸ˜‘
Raizada and his twisted deals!! 

Brilliant start Choti, I am really intrigued by the prologue. It's very different from what I have read from you so far and you never fail to stump me sistah. I am so proud of you. πŸ€— πŸ€—

Also I absolutely love this idea of the pre independence era. The most charged phase of the country. 

Edited by cineraria - 9 years ago
tvpal007 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Bharat chhodo Andolan and Arshi 
And on opposing sided..wow😳