Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: DiyaS

Wonderful post ... very well written. You echo the views of the majority of the loyal fans of RR ... which does not include the 8000 TRP audience.

Thank you Diya. The rating system needs to be revamped if good shows with content stay on air to be appreciated by one and all

Originally posted by: Suni

Very well written post!

Thank You Suni and Ms. Foxy

Originally posted by: Dazee

Such a brilliant post!.
Loved every word of it and agree with you completely. "...killed Paro in flesh and blood and Rudra in essence.." couldn't be more true and tragic. So they wanted to get away from the local dialect and clothes...how shallow is that.

I also really appreciated your tributes to each lead actor -- the one for Aashish was especially touching...

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and superb writing.

Thanks for the appreciation.Tragic in a way that the storyline just seems to be in a royal mess without much thinking into what was offered to the viewers before. It just seems like even they want to somehow get over with the show and be done with.[/COLOR]Edited by _Avatarana_ - 9 years ago

Originally posted by: AreYaar

Ganga, I haven't seen you write this much since Gulaal...lol...or maybe we haven't interacted since then so I wouldn't know...I guess the official end of Rangrasiya got you to speak up.

The show in my opinion lost it way before Paro's death...everyone here is up in arms sobbing over that bit but they forget how Rudra started to get butchered even before that.

The Mala track was the death knell for this show...and then the Shantanu track...still can't believe an actor as terrible as Vishal Karwal was brought on board for this show when the cast otherwise was doing a fine job.

There was a time when the sincerity of the writers showed through the characters, the lovely dialogues and the direction...and that was when this show was worth watching everyday.

I agree with you in that story is king...I quite admired Ashish's work in this show and hung on whatever little I did to watch the show mainly for his acting...but ultimately he or anyone else can't rise above the butchering of characters/insipidness of the story...the Myrah reboot showed quite clearly how the original heart with which the show was made was long gone...all that was left was token cliches pieced together to give out the appearance of a story.

The show could just never manage to take off despite the fact that the early 4-5 months had intensity well done...happens to many good shows...such are the ways of TV land.

Hi Anu, Yes, long time and a first at something other than NB's shows but I don't regret watching this show at all. This is probably my first and last topic on this forum. The show was formatted for a quick closure of events or tracks right from the beginning. But the way Tejawat's case, Laila and Mala's track were handled , it looked like they were rewriting episodes after each week's ratings, there is no other excuse for it.

Paro's mamisa never showed up, in fact there was never a scene where they showed that she is even aware of the fact that her niece is married to Rudra. The honest army officer finding the girls smuggled out to "sarhad paar", Paro's reassurance to her mamisa that Major saab will bring Nandu jeeja back, all that was never ever touched upon. I had been observing these shortcomings in the show but I was just going with the flow in the story you know without having grand expectations, after all it's a tele show ruled by ratings.

Rudra and his mother's reconciliation track was something I was so looking forward to, given that Ashish seemed good at emotional scenes. But the lady who played his mother did not really fit in well in the scenes with Rudra. Rudra's angst and hurt was superbly done by Ashish but the actor playing his mom appeared to be too flat or to word it better, to be lacking in the required intensity.

Shantanu track was not handled well either. The culmination in the form of Paro's death left a distaste for the fact that they showed that he triumphed in his evil mission. I remember Sanaya talking in an offscreen segment in her usual humor that the show was made just to kill Paro, everyone has been after her life since the first episode. The 5 months of build up toward the fact that Rudra is her protector was just wasted over nothing. His role as Major Rudra ended with Paro's death, Paro was killed, what was left from the original story?, Nothing at all. All shows till date ever since the private channels started airing shows have always showed a positive ending to a story even if it was started from a tragic past in the lives of characters.

Happy ending to a show does not mean that Myra and Rudra be married after Rudra "moves on". Bechara Rudra instead of being remembered as the loyal faithful hero will be remembered as how few of them have conceived him as...the guy who needs a consort every eight years.

The show does not have a happy ending according to me because Shantanu succeeded in his evilplan, Tejawat was never arrested and punished for all the wrong doings, Laila's character did not get a closure, be it punishment or redemption, the girls smuggled out never found their way back home or at least end up being rehabilitated, and the most sad ending is that Rudra's identity that of Major Rudra in the army was cut short brutally, he would have respectfully earned his seniority in the army through his honesty, sincerity and commitment. Today's Rudra is sadly not even a reminder in trace of the feisty Major that he was introduced as. Not a happy ending for me.

If I look at individual scenes of Rudra and even Myra, one can see the actors are giving their best. Rudra's hurt and pain is beautifully enacted by Ashish but one can't connect to Rudra anymore. If you go by the individual scenes, acting is good. But ultimately the story is not the king anymore. I used to love the dialogues too. I believed Rudra who said Mein, tu , humesha to Paro. On a reanalysis, he said Mein, Tu segregating them and not "Hum" like how Laila pointed to him once that he used the word "humare" while talking about himself and Paro and used to only say "Thaare, mhaare" for himself and Laila. So when Rudra did make that SILLY promise, he might have meant "We shall remain as You and I and never as US" :P Justification you see

CyberOstrich thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: _Avatarana_

Hi Anu, Yes, long time and a first at something other than NB's shows but I don't regret watching this show at all. This is probably my first and last topic on this forum. The show was formatted for a quick closure of events or tracks right from the beginning. But the way Tejawat's case, Laila and Mala's track were handled , it looked like they were rewriting episodes after each week's ratings, there is no other excuse for it.

Paro's mamisa never showed up, in fact there was never a scene where they showed that she is even aware of the fact that her niece is married to Rudra. The honest army officer finding the girls smuggled out to "sarhad paar", Paro's reassurance to her mamisa that Major saab will bring Nandu jeeja back, all that was never ever touched upon. I had been observing these shortcomings in the show but I was just going with the flow in the story you know without having grand expectations, after all it's a tele show ruled by ratings.

Rudra and his mother's reconciliation track was something I was so looking forward to, given that Ashish seemed good at emotional scenes. But the lady who played his mother did not really fit in well in the scenes with Rudra. Rudra's angst and hurt was superbly done by Ashish but the actor playing his mom appeared to be too flat or to word it better, to be lacking in the required intensity.

Shantanu track was not handled well either. The culmination in the form of Paro's death left a distaste for the fact that they showed that he triumphed in his evil mission. I remember Sanaya talking in an offscreen segment in her usual humor that the show was made just to kill Paro, everyone has been after her life since the first episode. The 5 months of build up toward the fact that Rudra is her protector was just wasted over nothing. His role as Major Rudra ended with Paro's death, Paro was killed, what was left from the original story?, Nothing at all. All shows till date ever since the private channels started airing shows have always showed a positive ending to a story even if it was started from a tragic past in the lives of characters.

Happy ending to a show does not mean that Myra and Rudra be married after Rudra "moves on". Bechara Rudra instead of being remembered as the loyal faithful hero will be remembered as how few of them have conceived him as...the guy who needs a consort every eight years.

The show does not have a happy ending according to me because Shantanu succeeded in his evilplan, Tejawat was never arrested and punished for all the wrong doings, Laila's character did not get a closure, be it punishment or redemption, the girls smuggled out never found their way back home or at least end up being rehabilitated, and the most sad ending is that Rudra's identity that of Major Rudra in the army was cut short brutally, he would have respectfully earned his seniority in the army through his honesty, sincerity and commitment. Today's Rudra is sadly not even a reminder in trace of the feisty Major that he was introduced as. Not a happy ending for me.

If I look at individual scenes of Rudra and even Myra, one can see the actors are giving their best. Rudra's hurt and pain is beautifully enacted by Ashish but one can't connect to Rudra anymore. If you go by the individual scenes, acting is good. But ultimately the story is not the king anymore. I used to love the dialogues too. I believed Rudra who said Mein, tu , humesha to Paro. On a reanalysis, he said Mein, Tu segregating them and not "Hum" like how Laila pointed to him once that he used the word "humare" while talking about himself and Paro and used to only say "Thaare, mhaare" for himself and Laila. So when Rudra did make that SILLY promise, he might have meant "We shall remain as You and I and never as US" :P Justification you see

@ Bold...Saying anything about RR is really crying over spilt milk but that is the thing that hurts the most...the complete annihilation and butchering of Rudra Pratap Ranawat. It hurts that he might and most probably will not be remembered as the hero he was meant to be. Even if you try to totally delineate RR after the leap from its original...even then RPR will be tainted with what he finally became! I tried to see RR 2-3 days back and had to just shut my eyes tightly so that I could prevent this weird, moony, sappy RPR infiltrate somehow. Drunk Rudra was my favourite after the sarci one..but he actually appalled and disgusted me this time around! 

Mala's track was really the death knell of the original RR..it was the backbone of the story..and they broke that backbone. It is so ironic... if you now go back and watch the old scenes with Rudra lamenting about the 15 years of darkness in his life..and see what they actually did with the track! 

Still..with whatever that has become of it..I will be glad that I saw Ashish playing Rudra to perfection in the old days..thats the only consolation. Also...Ashish and Sanaya as a pair really had some brilliant moments. Tejawat, Mohini and Dilsher...their characterizations and their dialogues 👍🏼

The saddest thing is all that potential in their hands...such  talented cast RR team had put together...and what a mockery as an endgame

AreYaar thumbnail
@Ganga: LOL well I come from the perspective of veteran soap-watcher...so I didn't even dive that deep into the Shantanu track or what that showed vis a vis good winning over evil etc. etc...such things don't matter to me...what matters is character integrity/story integrity...which all went for a toss much earlier than that...so Paro died...yeah it was sad...but such twists are common to create drama...even then if they had any brains they could have capitalized on the angst and pulled some rebirth/amnesia story...but no, they tried to be "innovative" with the look-alike story and in the process systematically did away with every original characterization in the show...

I don't doubt Ashish's sincerity as an actor at all but again, it was RUDRA that was the backbone of this show in my opinion...his complex personality as established in the early epis, the demons that drove him...when they took away that very basic essence by diluting the Mala track so horribly, that was the day they killed him...and once Rudra was dead figuratively, the show was dead literally as far as I was concerned.

After that it was just a series of gimmicks and none of them had any semblance of sense in them so I don't think they warrant any discussion...well they didn't for me.

Paro was a weakly sketched character since day one so honestly my expectations were way rock bottom from that front...all this maami/naani whatever not knowing about her wedding and her long lost sister...they never gave any hints of going in that direction...but they made a big deal out of Rudra's complicated relationship with his mother and even THAT they couldn't do justice to...so then bachaa hi kya.

Anyways, another one bites the dust...yeh toh roz ki kahaani hai in TV land.
Iluvashish30 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
What a magnificent piece of writing. Completely agree with each and every word. For many the show ended today but for me the show ended the day they killed paro. Perhaps may be the reason why i'm not deeply sad as others. I really thought RR is going to be another trend setter on ITV. First 3-4 months i felt like watching acting par excellence, cinematographic brilliance and creative brilliance but honestly after that the story never shifted out of haveli. ST's separation from his partner might be the biggest setback in terms of cost and budget which perhaps i believe they completely sidelined the original story and they started experimenting with each track (Social workers, Poisonous Laddu, Laila, Masa etc) then finally the pressure came in the form of TRP's which they thought could be saved by killing Paro and bringing her back with short skirts and jeans, Perhaps one of the disastrous decision any creative team can ever make (Forget about attracting new audience, Infact many of my friends quit the show at this point). Finally the outcome the biggest BS and crap which was once the Masterpiece. What a waste of concept and actors talent. 
But still i loved my journey of RR thoroughly each and every bit and have no regrets in watching RR2 just for SANISH. Hats off to Ashish for sticking with the show no matter how much ever CV's brutalized and butchered the character Rudra. This is my first Ashish show and i got to tell you people he is one of the very few actors in the entire indian Film/TV industry who can speak volumes just with his eyes and Sanaya for making it so real that Paro and Myrah are indeed two different people. 

To me Parud are inseparable, One soul inhabiting two bodies.