new arshi vm: in the rain

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago

hi all,

we are in the middle of the kidnap track in blast from the past. frazzled without asr. needed to celebrate the return of the man, the tremendous meeting between two lovers... we have been missing him...

made this vm with a song that is also from this period. hope you enjoy.

the song... yes, when someone comes, there will be joy and happiness. my wait for the man in these words too... and rashid khan has sung it so so well.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07FzHMBFQmA&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07FzHMBFQmA#t=46

dailymotion link: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x214mxq_arshi-vm-in-the-rain_music

an attempt at translating...

aaoge jab tum saajna
when you come, my love

aaoge jab tum saajna
when you come, my love

angana phool khilenge
flowers will bloom in the courtyard

barsega saawan, barsega saawan
the rain will come down in torrents

jhoom jhoom ke
dancing and joyous
(my translation, i thought this word meant more than just in torrents, it had emotion in it)

do dil aise milenge
and how two hearts shall meet

aaoge jab tum saajna
when you come, my love

angana phool khilenge

naina tere kajrare
your eyes are kohl lined

naino pe hum dil hare hai
i've lost my heart to these eyes

anjane hi tere naino ne
unknowingly your eyes (or your eyes may be strangers but they...)

waade kiye kai saare hai
have made many promises to me

saanso ki laye madhyam chale, tose gaye
the flow of my breath has slowed, for you are gone

barsega saawan, barsega saawan

jhoom jhoom ke
dancing and joyous

do dil aise milenge

aaoge jab tum saajna
when you come, my love

angana phool khilenge

chanda ko taaku raaton ko
i stare at the moon at night

hai zindagi tere haathon mein
my life is in your hands

palko pe jhilmil taare hain
on my lashes are twinkling stars

aana bhari barsaato mein
please come when the rains are dense

sapno ka jahaan hoga khelaa khelaa
the world of dreams will brighten up and bloom

barsega saawan barsega saawan

jhoom jhoom ke
dancing and joyous

do dil aise milenge

my vms...

arshi vm: flight
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/108044993

arshi vm: bairiyaa
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/108361829

arshi vm: the proposal
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/108740673

arshi vm: hello love
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/109257746

arshi vm: in the rain
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/109786557

stories vms poems musings

Edited by indi52 - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail
^^^

thanks so much. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Beautiful.. beautiful indi

His retun after what seemed like eons.. and that behind the boxes full hug.. can never get over..๐Ÿ˜ณ
Agana..the key word... indeed bloomed many flowers and rained in joy when he came back and they hugged after a much wait..Beautiful poetry in between.. in torrents ..

This is one of my most fav, if not the most, song from recent times. There were days when I would listen to it in repeat mode for 1- 1 1/2 hrs on drive back from work.. a classic tune and lyrics.. it almost seems like some romanticism from by gone era...perfectly fitting the passion exuded in the love of these two ..

Loved how the classic notes were playing for the intimacy in the end..

Beautiful piece all the way..

indi52 thumbnail
thank so much, indu.

i love the song... i too can listen to it for hours in a loop. rashid khan's voice is classical and intimate at the same time, a certain nowness to it too... the arrangement is just perfect... again touch of the classical and notes of now, hindi films... beautiful playing around with instruments.

i love the song and it is so definitely asr khushi.

if you heard notes of saiyaa toward the end and a little rabba vey over the second hug... i can't have enough of that ever.. a heat in it that almost dulls the brain... well the resident audio of the clips just refused to be completely muted, so after struggling for an hour, i let it go... thinking it may create an interesting layering and recall device.

way too much to learn in vm making and storytelling through pictures and sound... thanks so much to all of you for watching my just got started vms.

aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Indi di this is brilliant. You seem to have a wonderful feel for this VM making. Am very happy for you that you finally tried it out. All your creations are perfect. This one, phone call even bairiyaan.. deep profound emotions they make me go through.. am almost sad watching.. though I love the rain and as your words appeared  a piece of heaven was right here before us..
Really the slow buildup and then the rain, the words you chose and all those scenes.. I loved it.. The way these two hug in both the scenes. I am convinced I will never see anything on screen that will touch me as much.. 

Like Durga I too think the music added to the tecture of the video. Rabba ve.. And saiyyan.. what a heady mix to see them drawn to each other and both the songs fusing together.. I love the saiyyan song. The other times the songs have played both jadu hain nasha hai near the poolside and that tum hi dekho na song I preferred they had not used those. But this one I love. So hearing it in your VM also worked for me. It mixed well with the rustic earthy feel of aaoge jab tum saajna.

And thank you.. guess why? I didn't have to watch the episodes ahead for the hut scene.. you gave it to me here.. Can replay a few more times before getting back to work(if I ever get to work after watching that scene).. tata..
Mysticaldivine thumbnail
Marvelous job creator ๐Ÿ‘
This is really awesome, and I can sense how much you enjoyed making it.

The song is my fave, slow pace like a man in inebriated form is welcoming his sweetheart to shower his love 

"barse ka sawan  jhoom jhoom keh...do dil aise milainge.." 

and that is exactly you have created here.

His hold, his hug, his grip, his melting and his passion which he is showering through his touch...

Love itโค๏ธ
Edited by ArshiHamesha - 9 years ago
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Yes Indi, this song almost like a fusion, classical at the same time tinge of contemporariness in it..  a heady mix just like traditional Khushi and contemporary ASR...suits them just perfect..

Sayyan and rabba ve in the background were not as obvious but only hiding in the back..so dont worry too much. We can see all the efforts needed to make a 3/4 min clip.. and it certainly didn't impact the quality but only enhanced it.

Sayyan... of my many watches of that sequence, not a single time my eyes were left dry... the earthy tone and lyrics added such an intensity... asr and khushi are such hot couple.. but more than the physicality, there is much more that touches one's heart here .. tu jo choole pyar se.. aram se mar javoon.

Thank you so much for picturizing it on the man's return and giving me another reason to celebrate this song..

And, I learnt a new word, untrammelled.
Edited by Horizon - 9 years ago
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aarwen

Indi di this is brilliant. You seem to have a wonderful feel for this VM making. Am very happy for you that you finally tried it out. All your creations are perfect. This one, phone call even bairiyaan.. deep profound emotions they make me go through.. am almost sad watching.. though I love the rain and as your words appeared  a piece of heaven was right here before us..

Really the slow buildup and then the rain, the words you chose and all those scenes.. I loved it.. The way these two hug in both the scenes. I am convinced I will never see anything on screen that will touch me as much.. 

Like Durga I too think the music added to the tecture of the video. Rabba ve.. And saiyyan.. what a heady mix to see them drawn to each other and both the songs fusing together.. I love the saiyyan song. The other times the songs have played both jadu hain nasha hai near the poolside and that tum hi dekho na song I preferred they had not used those. But this one I love. So hearing it in your VM also worked for me. It mixed well with the rustic earthy feel of aaoge jab tum saajna.

And thank you.. guess why? I didn't have to watch the episodes ahead for the hut scene.. you gave it to me here.. Can replay a few more times before getting back to work(if I ever get to work after watching that scene).. tata..

thank you so much, rhea...

that you guys take time to watch i am always grateful.

sad... yeah... somehow that element tends to creep in because i guess dard was always there and that made everything else appear bright and more sparkling somehow. context... provided that foundation firmly, so thick and deep was this dard, to build a whole skd on it. somehow a down often can accentuate an up... like flowers look so bright against more barren or desert earth.

a man with adeep dard is pretty formulaic in giddy and minor romances and even the major ones. many hindi serials get that element in... but asr's dard... at another level of feeling, understanding and permeating the being altogether.

okay i am badly missing these people now.

hope you got to work.

please watch the hut scene and hugs. the doubles in the hut bother me... because even with them the slowly murmuring heat that rises and singes teh ear and shins... imagine if they were not there.

saiyya was stirring. and direction was great, the understanding of desire and a man drowning in it... uff. that looking and turning the head... the lunge to the right... the something that says this is it in the eyes. no wonder khushi was stepping right back into the wall.

i too feel jadoo hai nasha hai was redundant... just the actors were enough...but still i love the scenes madly.

now looking at aaoge jab tum and hut... honestly as i worked seemed to me this song could have worked fabulously too... it' gentle yearning pretty love a contrast to the raw present urgent not manicured desire in a man's eyes and stance and a woman's worried gaze and the grittiness of a hut in the middle of nowhere, the hay... and despite the formality and structure of the classical notes, the voice has a sensuality and a throw just outside the limits of socially acceptable display of longing...it touched the lover who's not there yet.

have i gone on enough.

indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ArshiHamesha

Marvelous job creator ๐Ÿ‘

This is really awesome, and I can sense how much you enjoyed making it.

The song is my fave, slow pace like a man in inebriated form is welcoming his sweetheart to shower his love 

"barse ka sawan  jhoom jhoom keh...do dil aise milainge.." 

and that is exactly you have created here.

His hold, his hug, his grip, his melting and his passion which he is showering through his touch...

Love itโค๏ธ

hi faiqa,

you can tell i loved making it? ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† aww but i did i did. that song and them just perfectly balanced, guaranteed to imbalance. i have a feeling the song would work with many sets of asr khushi scenes telling their different stories... i have a feeling even with the jhum jhumke gussa scenes... some day i must try.

thank you so much for liking the vm.

free indi is very dangerous... ๐Ÿ˜ณ

but you know i am so grateful to have a bit of time to do all this and also must wrap up the stories... mind was in a strange place... now returning slowly.

yes yes, he is showering that passion of his all over and receiving his saajna... the one he loves, the one who is his no matter what.

indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Horizon

Yes Indi, this song almost like a fusion, classical at the same time tinge of contemporariness in it..  a heady mix just like traditional Khushi and contemporary ASR...suits them just perfect..

Sayyan and rabba ve in the background were not as obvious but only hiding in the back..so dont worry too much. We can see all the efforts needed to make a 3/4 min clip.. and it certainly didn't impact the quality but only enhanced it.

Sayyan... of my many watches of that sequence, not a single time my eyes were left dry... the earthy tone and lyrics added such an intensity... asr and khushi are such hot couple.. but more than the physicality, there is much more that touches one's heart here .. tu jo choole pyar se.. aram se mar javoon.

Thank you so much for picturizing it on the man's return and giving me another reason to celebrate this song..

And, I learnt a new word, untrammelled.

i read last line first.

untrammelled... word popped out at me out of nowhere about 15 years ago... i wrote it in a poem before i checked the meaning... it was what i wanted to say, only i had missed out an "l".

as the rain fell and the feelings poured and desire in many forms hit dangerous torrent notes... untrammelled came.

so glad you like.

and you read my randomly added blank verse.

on the now and classical feel of khushi and asr... i totally agree and furtehrmore, i feel one is more trad the other more contemporary but with very deep strains of the other side in them too. makes them more somehow. despite all his modernness, that slightly over protective almost paternalistic male air from back when... ohhohoho. and she, no matter how trad, one ready to do things differently, the darti hai par karti hai element, the willingness to go forward and not fear... yes, the song was so good for them.

about saiyaa, i was just thinking that. yes, physical, but what spikes it is the almost spiritual element of it... this is love of the eternal in the longing for the lover. just wrote to rhea, aaoge jab tum too, while very structured and sweetly longing, the singing has a note of crossing the limits of socially acceptable yearning and almost touches the lover. these subtleties i think make the great things great. ipk also hs it... the stuff in it that words alone cannot express... and things you feel but have no idea why. it is beyond the hotness, the purely sexual... reaches in and makes you long.

this stronger truer creative product... play, serial, novel, story, painting, singing, music, dance, or soap... comes somewhere from the yearnings and basic structures of the creators themselves.

in our world of too easily understood everything, dumbing down to a point where you almost need not remember you have several unutilized cells in you mind heart... i am just grateful when i find things like this.

was a time even pop song had nuance.. not too far away... sigh.

i have practically stopped reading because nothing really appeals and my concentration is bad.

but i am hoping to pick up a nice not so easy to get and yet get perfectly kind of writing soon. lots of time these days he he.