Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lumos_Solem thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
What I liked.

Originally posted by: cineraria

I stare at the biggest hypo...hypokrut? Whatever that word is, that all politicians in the world are- people whose actions and words don't go together. That's what Arnav Singh Raizada is, hypokrut. And asking me the lame question is his first mistake of the day, it makes me lose it.

Sorry, I forgot, no emotion as in ignoring the most important ingredient of his eyes. For normal people, there are three important ingredients of the visible eye- cornea, iris and pupil. For ASR, there are four ingredients- cornea, iris, pupil and anger. Anger is there in his eyes right now, and a hell lot of it can be seen, but nothing beyond that.

🀣

All kushi cn think of is cooking. 

Apart from that, ASR returning her that dopatta was awww...

cineraria thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: AsmaXx

Dear Writer, 

you are replying to each and every comment and updating your story too. That's show your high level of energy. 

Good to see such a energising person

xoxo

Dear xoxo, 

It's inexplicable, the joy each comment posted for AHF brings me. I do a Khushi dance every time I see one. 

A congenital chatterbox that I am, when somebody says something I can't help but say more. πŸ˜ƒ 

I lau you all. πŸ€—

Also Ladies and more ladies, this marks the century of my posts on IF. So Khushi dance again. 

Edited by cineraria - 9 years ago
prpk525 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cineraria

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2" color="#cc0033">Hehehe. The (mis)Adventures of Creepwa coming soon...</font>

i'll never say, i'm waiting for that part...
mayurisb80 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
There are so many of us souls who go back and watch IPKKND ...
another favorite scene update done brilliantly...you pen down their feelings so beautifully...i had gone back again to re watch the scenes...

cineraria thumbnail

Chapter 24: Faith Ripples

Ripe colors enswathe her spirit

Ripe is the fruit of her love

She starves for his health and drinks for his wealth

For her life is in his blossoming forever...

The festivities of Teej brought her, a heart so full of joy; she dressed, bejeweled, and waited for him, for her love to reward her with love equaled.

He rose early from bed, remembering it to be the last day of his sister's stay, for her husband would arrive today and claim her again. Arnav wanted to remain with Anjali for the entire day.

Anjali received this pleasant most surprise that her brother agreed to accompany her to the Shiv Gauri temple at his own will..."I'll come with you, but not for your god, never. I come there only for you." he told her.

"I can't believe you said that dear! I have organized a big pooja today at the Shiv Gauri at chandani chowk." she replied, all smiles as she waited for her mehendi to dry. She gazed with love at his name etched over her palms.

Festivities were there at Gupta house too, not quite on the same scale as at the Raizadas though, but they were there. Madhumati had wanted her unmarried young nieces to fast, and pray that goddess Parvati bestowed them with a husband as noble as Lord Shiva himself.

"But I'll die of hunger before that." complained the younger niece, all mischief shining in her doe eyes. "Tell me, why do I keep this fast? I am not getting married in another four to five years."

"Haye re nandkissore, so you already know, in which year you get tied in a knot?"

"Why Bua, do you plan to get rid of me before that?" she said her face falling, as if she would cry any moment and then, her eyes sparked with mischief again, "if that is the case, I have certainly no problems with that." she cried and giggled.

"Haye re Nandkssore, do something about this girl, re Sanakadevi, how many times need I remind you that girls don't look nice talking about their own marriage. You can at least pretend to be a little shy!"

"How can I be shy when my stomach feels sick?"

"You and sick?"

"I feel dizzy."

"You get me dizzy, look at the way you drool, it threatens to drop on the ground from your mouth. Food, food, all the time as if life has nothing better to offer than food" complained her aunt as she got from her cupboard, new saris for the girls to wear to the temple. 

Khushi jumped first, "I'll have the yellow." leaving Payal with the green.

Yellow made her glow golden while green enhanced her eyes. The girls prepared their 'thals' and left for the Shiv Gauri temple. Madhumati had so badly wanted the lawyer to have accompanied them, but he had, even after a lot of dissuading, excused himself for a week, stating he had three back to back hearings, following which he'd leave for Lucknow to look after some urgent issues.

Payal and Khushi made to the temple at the same moment as the big car that came with the Raizadas in it - Manorma, Mahendra, Anjali, Arnav and Akash.    

Sounds of chants, bells resonated in the air that basked in faith unmitigated, as women married or unmarried, offered their prayers to the deity, hoping that their husbands would be blessed with a long life while their better halves stood beside them. Women drank water and broke their fasts near the ancient Banyan tree, popularly known among the temple visitors as wish tree.

While Mahendra and Manorma prayed in the temple, Anjali, Akash and Arnav made their way to the Banyan tree. While Anjali made her wishes, Arnav glanced uneasily at the crowd around. Too many people, too many sounds always affected him adversely; he excused himself and treaded the path lined with small sellers who had various worship items on display, to a secluded corner on the other side.

Akash watched Anjali pray, at a distance was a choir singing hymns that narrated the story of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati's union, as music swelled in the air, he tapped his fingers on the threaded fence along its rhythm.

Senses cannot foretell, but a lover's heart can feel the presence of its beloved much before their eyes meet. It was perhaps just wind that prompted him to look in the other direction, opposite to his sister, where he caught a fleeting glimpse of those hazel eyes. For he who had imagined her in his dreams, ever since he had seen her first, a fleeting glimpse was enough to make his heart jump leaps and bounds.

He crooked his neck to his left, bending his six foot three inch frame over the fence, there she was- a thal in her hand, eyes closed in a silent prayer. As if by god's will she opened her eyes and glanced in his direction, their eyes meeting for the longest time before a deep red blush came over her cheeks, bringing her gaze to ground.

Payal remembered the face clearly for she too hadn't forgotten the appealing sincerity of his eyes behind the specs. Akash's lips curved into a smile. Had it been any strange man whom Payal found smiling at her, she would have dismissed the gesture and run away, Akash was a total stranger to her yet as if it were the air between them which was so magical that Payal did not feel any repulsion. Instead she was attracted to this boyish looking pillar of a man. After what seemed to Akash like eternity, she returned his gesture with a smile, despite herself. In saner conditions, she would have never acted this way, she didn't know him at all but what involved the two was pure innocence of first love, one that does not require introduction, one that does not require affiliation or acquaintance, one that only requires the sanction of a crazy heart...

Anjali looked around to find her brother leaning over the fence, she stepped closer, and bent in the same manner as her brother to see the object of his interest- a light skinned girl with hazel eyes, wearing a green sari, her hair bunched over her shoulder in a pony tail. She need not be told the rest, from the expression in Akash's eyes she knew it all.

"Kailash Matching Centre is indeed lovely." she whispered into his ears catching him off guard as she grinned at him.        

On the rear side of the banyan's parapet was Khushi, taking in the sight as much as she could in her glances. Her being, but a novice to the world around her. It kindled elation in her heart, to watch so many women and so much faith, so much devotion and so much commitment in what was made in heaven and materialized on Earth. Perhaps it was the atmosphere of the temple that was laden with such emotions today, that she felt happy to have kept this fast. Happy to have fasted for someone she knew not, yet it filled her heart with an unsaid affection, for that mysterious man elusive as the wind.

She closed her eyes in prayer, as she turned to her side, in front of her was a vacant patch of land, relatively quieter than rest of the place. She imagined the air to carry her message to him, wherever he was, he who'd become a part of her life and existence in years to come. She did not realize when, the space she had presumed to be empty save the air, had been occupied by him.

He came there only to escape the sounds, the people and the traditions he'd never care about. What separated the two of them was merely a fence made of colorful threads, yet both were oblivious to each other's presence.

Tu hi bata mere maula, tu hi bata mere rabba (Tell me my lord, tell me my god)

Tu hi bata mere maula, tu hi bata mere rabba

Phansle milon ke hain, dono hain alag disha

(Distanced by miles, they both are the opposite directions...)

Kabhi yeh mil payenge, nahi kisi ko hai pata...

(Will they ever meet, who shall ever know?)

Arnav saw her first. Confounded by her presence in these circumstances, where she stood merely a foot away from him. Her sight should have enraged him again, but it didn't, his gaze simply lingered over her, for a thing of beauty is joy forever.

Her fragile frame wrapped in a yellow sari, in which her complexion glowed golden. Strands of her loose hair fallen over her shoulders and forehead, swaying with the wind, her head slightly bowed and eyes closed. A sweet, peaceful smile over her rose bud like pink lips made Arnav unable to take his eyes off her, as his heart delighted in drinking with his eyes, the sweet elixir of her beauty.

He, to whom everything but pain was forced, her unforced, genuine smile was as refreshing as dew drops on soft petals. Beneath her childlike demeanor, Arnav saw a young woman of raw sensuality that he ached to explore...  

Slowly, she opened her eyes, her walnut widening in shock the moment their gaze met. Her smile disappeared the very same moment, abruptly she took a step back, while all he wanted was the fence separating them to dissolve.

Khushi's thoughts became muddled again, how long had he been standing there? Why was he there, while she was praying? Suddenly she did not like the sounds around her, she heard in her ear a husky whisper You'll soon lose yourself to me, making her heart thump loudly in her chest, so loud that she could hear it, her head began to throb, sights, people appeared to fade in a swirling motion, the thal in her hand slipped from her fingers as she grabbed her head in her hands, swaying in air.

Was it her reaction to him or she couldn't simply handle herself, Arnav had no time to decide upon it. He jumped across the fence, catching her in his arms before she could fall. In one swift movement, he lifted her up in a scoop as effortlessly as if she were a feather and carried her to the nearest bench, placing her gently over it. Adjacent to the bench was an earthen pitcher with drinking water. He poured some water in a glass kept over it and sprinkled some on her face, acting on his instincts he placed the rim of the glass against her lips. He slid his hand behind her neck through her hair, supporting her head as she sipped water from his hands, unknowingly breaking her fast from his hands.

She forced her eyes to open, feebly and saw him holding the glass for her, with concern in his eyes. Realization of what had just happened hit her with force.

"You...what did you do?" she gasped, sliding away on the bench as far she get from him, "You broke my fast!" she said angrily once she regained her voice.

"What?" he asked in a muffled voice      

"What do you think of yourself?" she yapped, offended.

"Look you were fainting and I didn't know you had a fast." he snapped his concern soon changing into annoyance.

She stood up from the bench, shaking her head, "You shouldn't have, you...jerk."

"Go to hell." he muttered as he saw her trying to pick up pace on her wobbly steps, he tried to ignore but couldn't as he saw her sway and stumble again, he got to her in one long stride and grabbed her shoulders, turning her to him as her hands involuntarily splayed over his shoulders, holding on to him for support. Her eyes now forced to meet his gaze, that held an uncanny mix of admiration, concern and ire as if he said a thousand words from his eyes, none of which she could fathom.

Ek baat usme bhi hai, ek baat isme bhi hai...(There is something about her, there is something about him)

Hai dhoop sa woh agar, woh chandani raat si hai...(If he is the scorching sun, she's the night bathing in moonlight...)

Mil paayen kabhi dono, kya teri isme hai raza

Kya teri isme hai raza? (That they shall meet, is it thy will my lord...is it thy will my lord?)

Na paas aa saken, na door ja saken (Neither can they unite nor can they bear separation)

Yun to badhe hain inke kadam, inhe rasta tu hi dikha

Inhe rasta tu hi dikha

(Albeit they have taken steps, you show them the way my lord, you show them the way my lord...)

There didn't seem to be an end to their protracted eye lock, with neither of them willing to hold on and neither willing to let go.

"First learn to take two steps on your own, then open your mouth." he said sharply, as she removed her hands from his shoulders. He held her for a moment longer and then let her go, slowly sliding his hands down her arms.

"Jiji must be waiting for me." Khushi said to herself as she slowly made her way around the parapet to reach her sister. She saw Payal approaching her from the other side, looking slightly worried.

"Khushi are you all right, you look a little sick?" she asked.

"I am fine jiji, I just..."

"No you are not. Why did you keep this fast Khushi, you shouldn't have after that guest house incident, you were not well and..."

"Jiji, buaji would have felt bad if I didn't."

Payal looked slightly miffed, "I don't understand, why was Buaji so adamant about you keeping a fast this time? You are not even..." she paused as she saw her sister looking behind her with keen interest, she turned to see what...

"Akash sir? Anjaliji..." Khushi mumbled as she saw both of them walking towards the two sisters, "why are they together? Oh no...this cannot be..."

"What Khushi?" Payal asked her sister confused.

Akash smiled and slightly waved at her, "Hi Khushi" he said as they neared them. Khushi waved back, still staring at Anjali, flustered. Anjali gave her a knowing smile, "Oh god, yesterday's Hero. You are looking so pretty." she said, softly pulling Khushi's cheek.

"But not as pretty as you." complemented Khushi.

"Aww..., you know what Akash," she said turning to her brother, "I feel like adopting this girl. Oh God Akash did I tell you, ma'am here has nerves of steel."

Payal turned to Khushi, looking all confused, "You know them?"

Khushi didn't answer, she first fired her doubt at Anjali, "You both are..."

"Well, we are cousins." said Akash sheepishly.

"That means you are also ASR's brother." she blurted.

"Well technically, I am ASR as well, you know, Akash Singh Raizada." he said as both he and Anjali grinned.

Khushi realized she had to explain it all to her still clueless sister, "Jiji, this is Anjaliji and Akash Sir, you know that dopatta I gave you on your birthday, it was actually a present from Akash sir."

Payal looked at him startled, it was Akash's turn to blush, and he did, staring at the ground. Anjali nudged him gently.

"What dopatta? Which dopatta? Akash whom have you been distributing dopattas?" cried a shrill angry voice. The four of them turned abruptly to find Manorma Raizada glaring at them. Beside her was Mahendra, as usual looking wary of his wife's snide remarks.

"Mamiji...umm, Khushi was just telling us that there is a very good fabric dealer near her house, isn't it Akash?" she stuttered prodding her brother with her elbow.

"Yeah, Mom, exactly our company could make big purchases at a negotiable price you see, I even got a sample dopatta from there..."Akash managed to say in one breath. Manorma continued to look at him skeptically and then threw a despising glance at the two sisters. Payal took the hint, "I think Khushi and I should take your leave now, and Anjaliji it was really nice meeting you. And I am really sorry for talking badly to you over phone that day, actually I was quite worked up and..."

"The pleasure's all mine and it's absolutely fine Payal, we do lose our cool at times, it's perfectly okay I didn't mind."

"That's so sweet of you." she said taking Khushi's hand in hers and left.

"Di, please break your fast now." said Arnav impatiently sitting next to her on the Asana of the pooja room in the Raizada Mansion.

"Please don't repeat that line, you know I won't unless MJ comes." she said defiantly.

"Di would you stop being so stubborn? I can't believe you can be so foolish to follow these superstitions."

"What you call superstition is what I call faith Arnav."

"Yeah, right, faith which is a euphemism for irrationality."

"Anjali, dear stop behaving like Sati Savitri, Arnav is right, you should not wait any longer." said Manorma joining the two of them. "And please from next time, tell MJ to take a flight from Bombay instead of coming by road." 

"You know mami, Goddess Parvati prayed for hundred and four years to get Lord Shiva, I can at least wait for another hour."

"One hundred and four years!" Manorma cried holding her head, "I wouldn't wait hundred and four seconds for your mama, do one thing, call MJ and ask him how many years is he going to make you wait."

"I called him, his phone's out of reach." Just then, her phone rang, Anjali cried in excitement, "that's MJ", Arnav looked relieved.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry...so" said he.

"Stop it and come soon..." she said.

"One forty per hour, can't get any faster..."

"No...drive slow, MJ for God's sake."

"Miss the look of your face, can't make it slow."

"Please"

"In another twenty minutes and zoom" he chortled.

"Then I am cutting the line, concentrate over your driving..."

"There's only one thing I have learnt to concentrate on...you"

"You're so cheesy." she gushed and the line went dead. "Hello? MJ?"

"What happened Di? What did Jijaji say?" Arnav asked concern mounting over his features. Anjali shook her head, "something's wrong" she said nervously.

"Di, you alright?" he said softly as Anjali grabbed his hand.

"I am not...he never cuts the phone like that Arnav, something's not right...I am scared..."

Anjali spent the next most anxious fifteen minutes of her life, and then her phone rang for the second time.

"Pick it up Di, it's jijaji." said Arnav placing the i-phone in her palm.

"Hello?" she said, in the next few seconds, her skin was a pallid misery, face an agonized narrative. She shivered, her hands cold and white...Arnav watched her in dismay, "Di?...C'mon, tell me what's wrong?" She kept the phone down, her hands shakily taking hold of her brother's, "Arnav...that man, he said, the car's met with an accident!" she gasped, "driver... fifteen minutes, b...back, he's in Fortis..." she couldn't speak anymore.

Akash scrambled to the co-driving seat, as Arnav took Anjali with him to the rear seat, comforting his hysteric sister. The chauffer drove towards Fortis hospital, the huge Jaguar cornering every vehicle that came in its way.

Once parked in front of the hospital, Akash dashed towards the reception asking for the recent accident case in the emergency. Arnav came with Anjali a minute later.

"It's okay di, he'd be fine." he whispered comforting her.

A police inspector standing near the reception came over, "DL 6423 Audi Q7, is this the car owned by your relative?" he inquired.

"Yes." replied Arnav.

"There have been two emergency cases in the last twenty five minutes registered in our hospital" the receptionist informed Akash, "one of the victims has been revived, he has identified himself as Advocate Shyam Manoher Jha.

Anjali raced to the emergency ward, dragging her limp leg painfully, wiping her tears frantically to be able to see the numbers over doors, despite Arnav being there on her side repeatedly asking her to calm down. She reached his door, flung it open and found him, a fractured leg covered in plaster, bandages over his forehead and cheek.

"SMJ" she breathed out...

The lawyer smiled at her feebly...

She sat beside him on the hospital bed, touching his hand, "ouch." he said softly.

"How did this happen?" she asked in a barely audible whisper, cupping her husband's cheek.

Shyam smiled, "Maybe I was in too much hurry to see you, Rani Saheba." he said giving her one of his most honest looks.

"I always tell you, don't I, that don't drive at such a high speed." she said, a tear rolling down her cheek. The lawyer wiped it with his fingers, "Shh...don't. Your tears are too precious to waste them on me." he said lifting up his gaze to find Arnav standing at the door. He smiled at him, a gesture Arnav returned with gratitude. Shyam observed Arnav's moist eyes, he knew too well that his brother in law, though professed to be the toughest man alive, was in fact all mush inside.

Arnav slowly averted his gaze and left the two on their own, taking quiet steps out of the room.

Heady brat, mused the lawyer as he kept on smiling affectionately at his wife. The equation between the three of them had been the same for past three years. Anjali was Arnav's life, the oxygen he breathed. The lawyer had learnt that Anjali held the living chord of his heart, and he could go to any extent to see Anjali happy. On the other hand, it was the lawyer who held the chord of Anjali's heart. Without him, she'd be devastated. Things had been this simple and clear between the three of them until two weeks ago, when the lawyer, to keep up his good will, had saved a girl's honor. Little did he know then, that the girl would eventually cause turbidity in a vaguely clear conscience. But the barrister found nothing wrong in his doing, after all she had made him experience the joy of letting somebody hold the living chord of your heart and all he was doing was to follow his crazy heart...

Edited by cineraria - 9 years ago
cineraria thumbnail

Originally posted by: mayurisb80

There are so many of us souls who go back and watch IPKKND ...

another favorite scene update done brilliantly...you pen down their feelings so beautifully...i had gone back again to re watch the scenes...

You did? Oh that's lovely to know. I remember while writing this, I too had re-watched these couple of episodes. And frankly I felt I couldn't add more to K's speech, it was pretty awesome in the original.

That line

"Hum theek hain, aapki wajah se nahi, aapke bawajood bhi hum theek hain." 

Man that's one of my favorite dialogues from the show. 

cineraria thumbnail

Originally posted by: prpk525

i'll never say, i'm waiting for that part...

Dear P,

Ab honi ko kaun taal sakta hai. πŸ˜†
cineraria thumbnail

Originally posted by: tomriddle

What I liked.

🀣

All kushi cn think of is cooking. 

Apart from that, ASR returning her that dopatta was awww...

Tommy my darling, it's such a pleasure to know what you found enjoyable out of every chapter. 

You make me indulge in such Vainglory!!! πŸ˜³
ducky_anne thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I just read the whole FF so far, and I loved it! It's bringing back some really really good memories. For some reason, just like during the show, I found myself hoping that Shyam and MJ were going to be different people. GAH. I set myself up for heartbreak :/ I knew that it was going to be the same person, but still I refused to believe!
9351594004 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Very beautiful written update keep it up we r reliving ipkknd