mayyo thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 9 years ago

Thank you!
mayyo thumbnail

Originally posted by: -indu-

Nice updates...I am sorry for not commenting on earlier parts...I was little busy...
Please don't apologise. I understand. 😊

Coming to the updates...fabulous updates as usual...u portray emotions beautifully...u have a tremendous talent...
Thank you! I'm flattered.

But I don't agree with you that geet is the cause of change in maan...I agree maan has suffered after geet's rejection...but he chose to change himself...why everyone is blaming her...one cannot change themselves until and unless he or she really wants it...no one can force one...if they change themselves for another person then it will be only on the skin but not deep within...

I don't understand one thing...if a guy proposes a girl is there any hard and fast rule that the girl should accept it...what about her feelings...it's her right right...then why is everyone blaming geet...she did what she thought is right at that point of time...she was not ready...May be had not enough courage to accept it...and she knew had to bear it...and she did it...

If it is not maan and some tom ...will they react like this...no...but they would have appreciated geet ...will they not...

Hope I am not offending any one...I was rude...then I am sorry...but I am not rude.this is just my opinion...

Well, you have not offended me, or any other readers, I am certain. I am very glad you said what you did. What you said about changing is a new perspective for me, and I cannot disagree with it.

@Bold: Bingo! Very few readers have stopped to consider that.
Thank you for sharing what you feel! Your thoughts are always welcome here. 😊
Do continue soon...

Edited by mayyo - 9 years ago
mayyo thumbnail
**Replies begin from page 81.

32. An Unwanted Jerk

Carefully finishing my makeup with mascara and a dab of lipgloss, I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I looked decent enough to be passed for a child's birthday party. I was wearing a plain black loose tee tucked in a pair of black jeans, finished with a bronze belt and matching shoes. On Raya's insistence, I had curled my hair a bit and let it fall loosely on my back.

It was Ameerah's fifth birthday today and the Khuranas were hosting a party for which I was invited. Ayush and Anaya were coming to pick me up in a few minutes so I quickly set about putting on my accessories. I wore a pair of bronze and black earrings and then picked up the bracelet I intended to wear today. With the bracelet spread out in my hand, I stopped for a moment and stared at it. It was simply beautiful and my favourite in my collection. The hearts linked through each other all across its circumference were something which reminded me of a memory I kept locked up within the deep recesses of my heart. It was the bracelet Maan had given to me on his brother's wedding, and though I had backed away from him and the love he had spread out in front of me back then, I could not let go of this bracelet. I smiled without humour at the thought that Maan probably didn't even remember this bracelet now.

Shaking my head to get rid of the train of my thoughts, I quickly wore the bracelet just as my phone rang with Anaya's call, informing me that they had arrived.

The huge hall of the Khurana mansion was decorated with colourful balloons, streamers and ribbons, completely showcasing the reason of the party. There were many guests standing in groups of three or four around the hall, chatting among themselves as the children ran around, playing some games. We were welcomed by the proud parents of Ameerah, who seemed to be glowing with happiness over the milestone their daughter had reached.

Yana and Shay were getting restless as they saw the other children playing so after a small warning to be careful, Anaya let them go and play while we proceeded to meet Aunty, who was surrounded by a few women. Aunty was elated to see us. She turned her complete attention to me and Anaya, asking why Raya and G were still not there just as Raya called from behind us, informing of her and Raunaq's arrival. The red lining of Raunaq's black shirt perfectly complemented Raya's lovely red dress.

As we stood talking with Aunty, somebody walked up to us and I could not believe my eyes.

"Zynah?" I asked uncertainly and she nodded with a gorgeous smile. In all these years, Zynah had turned more beautiful and her resemblance to Zara had only become pronounced with the lady-like grace she was exuding.

"How are you, Geet?" She stepped forward and gave me a warm hug before meeting Raya in the same way.

While we chatted, Aunty put an arm around Zynah and told us the big news. "Did you know our little Zynah is now engaged to be wed soon?" It was only then that I noticed the ring in her finger. She blushed a bit as we congratulated her and asked about her fiance, who she said was not there at the party.

"Hello lovely ladies!" A good looking man walked up behind Zynah. "Remember me?"

"Neil." I smiled in recognition and then shook hands with him. He looked healthier than I remembered, I thought as he turned to Raya and brought his hand out for a shake as he greeted her. In a very obvious manner, Raunaq put his arm around Raya's waist in possessiveness. I could not hold back the smile as I realised that he still remembered the little incident of Neil that Raya had narrated to him which happened during one of Ranbir and Zara's wedding dance practices. There was a prominent stiffness in his form even as Raya behaved pretty much normally with Neil, introducing the two with each other.

I turned my head the other way to hide the laughing smile which came to my lips when the two men shook hands with Neil exuding nothing but a welcoming feel but Raunaq's discomfort was detectable for someone who knew him better. As I looked away, I witnessed something which made my heart feel tenderness for a moment. There was Maan with Ameerah in his arms. I saw him throw her high in the air and then catch her, repeating it again as she let out squeals of laughter while his face held a mirthful smile. The picture the two of them made was so heartwarming that it hit my heart with an unmatched softness.

I was distracted by G joining us and apologising for being late.

"Oh look! There's the birthday girl!" She exclaimed with her eyes over my shoulder, making me turn around to face Maan, who stood there with Ameerah in his arms. "Doesn't she look like a doll!" G continued as she took her from Maan and kissed her cheek and wished her.

As Ameerah was being cuddled by our group, Maan greeted all of us. He slapped his hand on Neil's back, shook hands with Raunaq, and hugged Anaya, Ayush and Raya. He turned to me in the end and held his hand out in the way that a gentleman would shake hands with a lady. "Hello beautiful!" I was stumped for a second as I could not believe he had just acted that way while we were standing among family and friends. I put my hand in his with a slight smile, not knowing what else to do. I felt a strange urge to turn away from this Maan, to hide from him, especially now that I knew most of how he had come into being.

As he shook my hand, I noticed his eyes take in the bracelet before they came to settle on my face with a pensive recognition in his eyes. It was only for a very brief time that his eyes held mine in that gaze before he suddenly looked away and pulled his hand from mine. I took another moment to study his face, which was now smiling widely as he pulled Ameerah's cheeks and she protested. I was seeing Maan for the first time after the conversation with Ayush, and I could not help the melancholic feeling which threatened to overcome me. It was even more overpowering now that I had perhaps glimpsed into what he held in his heart, that perhaps a part of him was still hurting inside and my presence was not as ineffectual as he pretended. I could not be sure, though. I could never be sure of Maan now.

"Alright!" Ranbir clapped his hands to gain everyone's attention. "It's time to cut the cake." A servant wheeled a trolley to the centre of the hall as Ranbir called out for Ameerah, who jumped off of G's arms and ran to her father. "Zara?" Ranbir turned to look at her where she stood with her mother. With his daughter in one arm, he held out the other one for his wife. Zara walked to him and put her hand in his as everybody gathered closer to the trolley.

"Before we cut the cake, we have an important news to share with you all." Ranbir put his arm around Zara's waist while a pink hue spread over her cheeks and her eyes gleamed with suppressed happiness. The whole hall dripped in silence, awaiting what Ranbir was about to announce. Aunty and Maan were standing beside the trio, looking as baffled as the rest. "In a few months, our little Ameerah will become an elder sister."

There was pin drop silence for a few seconds as everybody tried to take in the news Ranbir had just announced in a voice which wavered with enthusiasm. All of a sudden, cheers and hoots broke out in the room, smiles spread and wishes were showered on the couple. I could see a sheen of tears in Aunty's eyes as she kissed Zara's forehead and Maan hugged his brother and Bhabi.

It was only after quite a few minutes of celebration that the cake was cut and the kiddie games followed while the elders chatted around. I had met G after many days and she had a lot to talk about so we stuck together. Raya and Anaya stayed with us too and we had a nice time until dinner was served.

I had seen Jess in the party too, though I had reciprocated the ignorance she seemed to be bestowing on me, so I was dubious when I saw her narrowed eyes fixed on me from across the buffet table as I served myself dinner. Somebody had just come to stand beside me but I paid no heed until he spoke to me.

"Bronze and black is not a combination I would normally like. Too dull for my taste, you know." He began in an offhanded voice,  making me turn to him. "But I must say, it looks good on you." He then leaned a little towards my ear and whispered, "I guess the apt word would be 'hot'." I was shocked as I stared at him wide-eyed even as I could feel heat rise up on my cheeks. I muttered a "thanks" before stepping on to take salad. He stepped with me. "And you need not wear high heels. You're tall as it is." I blinked and decided two could play at that game as I turned to him with a sugary sweet smile.

"They help teach a lesson to unwanted jerks by squishing their feet." It was his turn to be surprised as I flashed him another smile and walked away.

I let out a heavy breath when I reached back to sit with G. Turning back, I spotted Maan talking to Jess. It felt like Maan had said a joke which Jess was giggling at. A tap on my shoulder distracted me and I quickly straightened my forehead which had begun to frown.

"What are you looking at?" G asked even as she let her eyes roam around the room to see what had caught my attention.

"Nothing. Have you tasted this salad? It's so tasty!" I deliberately side-tracked her and a discussion about the menu ensued.

As we chatted, Neil walked up to us with a young woman beside him.

"Here's introducing to you my wife, Elina." I was already aware of the fact, courtesy Anaya, but Raya and Raunaq were not and so it was comical to see the surprise etched on both their faces.

"You're married?" Asked Raunaq in an incredulous voice and I couldn't help but laugh at the face he made when he realised all his over-protective acts concerning Raya when Neil was around were useless.

"I don't look like, right?" He wriggled his eyebrows while the rest could only chuckle. Raunaq cracked a small smile at him too and we accommodated the couple on our table.

I noted that while Zynah had become a little less shy and opened up a bit in conversing, Neil's overtly chivalrous ways had toned down. It was not like he did not behave nicely but he had dropped being the flirt he was seven years ago. It was probably the effect of the sweet woman that Elina was, that Neil appeared to be devoted to her.

Neil's flirtatious ways had changed bases, I thought to myself as my eyes sneaked to where Maan stood talking with a group of Aunty's friends, who were giggling over something he said. I shook my head and excused myself to answer the incoming call on my phone.

"Hi!" I greeted Vyan as I kept walking towards the main doors to reach a quiet place.

"Hi! What's up?" His jolly voice suggested that he was in a mood to chat.

"I'm at a friend's party. Actually, it's his daughter's birthday party." I told him while stepping off the few stairs of the main entrance and coming to a halt at the base.

Since it was a Saturday today, office was off. It was becoming a routine now that he often called me at least once a day with the excuse of one work or another, or sometimes just to talk. The intoxicating fragrance of the roses enveloped me as I paced in the garden while talking to him. He talked about random things, sometimes talking about work and it was almost ten minutes before I reminded him I was at a party that he apologised and hung up.

As I stood standing there for a few more minutes, going through the junk text message I had just received, I felt a soft tug at my hair. I slowly turned around and saw a strand of my curled hair wrapped around Maan's finger. He was standing very close to me. He smiled innocently at me without saying a word when his eyes met mine. The initial shock of his action did not let me react for a few seconds.

"What are you doing?" I asked in an uncertain voice as I inconspicuously pulled the strand away from his finger and brought a little distance between us by stepping back slightly.

"Nothing. Just fingering your soft curls." If his action had shocked me, his words had me dumbfounded. I stared wide-eyed at him and he smirked lopsidedly at my reaction. He took a very slow step towards me which made me take an instinctive step backwards before I stopped myself.

It was stupefying to have him try his flirting ways with me but it was not something I would take just like that, I decided in a spur of the moment. I would give him a taste of his own medicine, I thought as an idea struck me. Quickly looking around and seeing no one close, I changed my stance from that of a prey to a confident, seductive woman as I took a small deliberate step towards him. We were too close now for my comfort but I played on. I kept advancing until we were almost nose to nose, all the time keeping an eye contact with him, and bit back my smile at the minute widening of his eyes. Allowing myself to enjoy a fleeting moment of pleasure at the way his eyes darted around to see if anyone was around, I tilted my chin up as his eyes came back to mine.

Just as soon as I saw his eyes turn dark at the proximity, I changed my track and moved my lips near his ear  and placed a hand on his shoulder as I whispered in the huskiest voice I could manage.

"I am not an easy target for your weekly courtships, Mr. Khurana. Be warned!"

With that said, I could feel him freeze but I did not stop to see his face before I walked past him and into the mansion, bumping his shoulder with mine in the process. It was only after I had reached a considerable distance that I turned around to sneak a glance at him and saw his still-shocked eyes following me. I laughed under my breath at the liberty I had taken with him. It was not me to be so bold to be as close to anyone as I had just been to Maan.

Edited by mayyo - 9 years ago
prema_ks thumbnail
Beautiful Update !!!!

yenti kittu party marchesava. DP lo Prabhas ledu 😉
Edited by prema_ks - 9 years ago
Craziest_MG thumbnail
both of them have changed so much
Happy as well as sad to see them like this

Really enjoyed the updt
Love the way Geet gave it back to Maan
Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i posted my comments 3 times on last update. just got to know it was not posted.
i liked both the updates.

last update was so painful. Poor maan😭. He still loves Geet. my view. that kind of love cant evaporate just like tat. sure he is a changed man now but that love still exist.  u know in these type of stories where one is loving the other so much that it hurts i actually wait for end so that i can see them happy happy- loving each other. the one getting his love reciprocated. (i know i m a big kamini wishing for end.) 

I m still in hurt phase.😆 cudn't enjoy Geet flirting.

but it was nice update specially Ameerah and Maan.❤️
Edited by mannu_minnie - 9 years ago
ExpectoPatronum thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
would you believe if I say that my heartbeats rose while I read the last few paragraphs!!!
aparna3011 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
nice update
geet diside to play same game with maan which he is playing
what next
KittuPratzz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
🤣🤣
🤣

what an irony... i just read Tonight Im loving you.. and here comes Unwanted Jerk 🤣

Mayyoo only you can do this ❤️

What goes around comes around...  this just proves what is going to happen in their lives!!!! 😆

You guys are amazing in choosing the Titles ... 😃
aditi_2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Positivity😆 I am kind of that...I find it even in the darkness
Coming to the update...that was one hell of an update. I don"t know what I was expecting but reading about it was really different. Reading about some old people and observing the changes had been real fun. But loved this Geet. Somewhere it was fun to see Mr. Flirt Singh Khurana getting stumped but Geet is right.  A part of Maan is still hurting.You can't really let go of hurt of that kind and strangely most of times the medicine to this hurt is with the one who hurt us in the first place...Do continue soon