Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mayyo thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: Susegad

Now finally I am slowly understanding Get and Vyan's equation.
 Poor Vyan, as far as Geet is concerned, Vyan is like the outermost ring of Saturn. His presence is there, in fact constantly, but it barely effects her.πŸ˜›
Hmm... I am not sure if he will choose to remain the outermost ring of saturn forever. But sure enough, for the present, his presence does not affect her as much as Maan's.
 While Maan, he is like the blazing sun. Sometimes when he is hiding behind the clouds of pretense, he may seem mild; however slowly but surely he is emerging from behind the clouds and it is making Geet uncomfortably hot.πŸ˜‰
That I agree with! πŸ˜†
"Yeah. You see, bland people need to spice themselves up with external ingredients, like the spices you are talking about. Naturally sizzling people just wouldn't care." He winked while I gasped at his remark.

"Yes, but when people just get attracted to your charm and follow you around, you need to change a little to accommodate them, right?" 
The best part is, he knows he's hot and he makes her uncomfortable. He is testing her limits time and time again.
Exactly! 

"You tend to have troubles accepting truths, I have noticed."
This one sentence opens up so many possibilities.
He wants her to notice the change in him. He needs her to notice it. To him, her noticing would be like a little pandering to his ego, that had been so badly damaged along with his heart. 
*Grins* You have quite a knack for understanding the hidden meanings.
On the other hand, he thinks she has not changed much from the old Geet.
But she has. Perhaps not as obviously as him, but they both have changed. 
And this change within them is what is going to finally enable them to find each other, where before they could not.
Her change is not as obvious as his, hence his belief she is still the same. But you're right on this count that the change is what will make them notice each other.

And finally the song. πŸ˜†
He is loving her, but definitely not like the old Maan. To me, the old Maan is somewhere inside the new Maan, who is wearing a facade or rather an armor of sophistication and flirtation. 
But whoever he is, he's really, really getting under her skinπŸ˜‰
The song is of my favourite singer, but I hardly listen to it. My sister once made me listen to the uncensored version. I think you can imagine my reaction. πŸ˜†
This one was  definitely the best update yet. There was a whole different conversation going on under their  their conversation. 
I absolutely loved this one.πŸ˜ƒ
I am so so relieved and glad to know that! Thanks, Apa! πŸ€—

mayyo thumbnail

Originally posted by: impoojaverma

don't u think geet is doing d same mistake again that she had done before with maan, misleading vyan!😑😑

ghosh! don't want to see another maan getting heart-break from geet
please geet ke dimaag ki batti jalao 

I'll hold my opinion to myself on that, and I will tell you to wait for the story to unfold, but let me clear one thing, Vyan is not another Maan!
mayyo thumbnail

Thank you!
mayyo thumbnail

Originally posted by: prerna1

Great update dear

liked it very much...

Thank you! I am glad you liked it.
mayyo thumbnail

Originally posted by: mannu_minnie

Congrats on new thread..

thanx for the link mayyo.

nice update.

Thanks Mannu!
mayyo thumbnail

Originally posted by: AKSashadow

Kuch bhi likhne ka sochu
wo kam hi lagta hai,
Teri story thoda padhu
to aur padhne ka mann karta hai.
itna chhota update dena kyu suru kiya,
Itne se mera dil nahi bharta hai.

Well, hats off to you ...

For the way you are writing this story. Really, enjoying this journey.

I know, I am not giving my comments on regular basis(Sorry for that). So do not deserve to be demanding but still... Kya karu dil ke hatho majbur hu.

And Maybe, I will not be able to give comment on regular basis in future too. (Sorry for that too)

But, this is for sure that writer like you, will not let me stay away from this forum for long.

And in last... I will just say two words for all the updates

SUPERBLY AWESOME.

Samjha kar yaar,
sare updates ke liye alag alag comment dene laga to phir mere hath ka band baj jayega.πŸ˜‰

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad you are enjoying the story so far, and I hope it stays the same throughout. 
mayyo thumbnail

Originally posted by: mishtimohabbat

I see a colour change. Congratulations for the promotion!

Hmm... For some reason the last chapter didn't fit well with me...
I had that uneasy feeling amidst all the easy going nature with which Maan amuses his actions and reactions towards Geet ! And as for Geet I am not quite sure of how she puts aside her thoughts ... Like when she felt flustered and stood gaping at Maan retreating away from her at the door just after he amusingly whispered in her ears ... I was like kyaaa... Put it aside !! How can u Geet ! ...
Well, I am not sure if I should be justifying Geet here, but that's how her mind works. She always has that strong control over herself which lets her cover her emotions well.
There is so much both are knowingly blinking away from ..that I am not sure how they will take it when it will come down tumbling on them later !! 
That is something for you to wait for.
I felt uneasy because likewise I didn't feel those flusters those titlis in the moment ...maybe coz when I read it I hadn't acknowledged her old nature ...her not reading well into things ..not knowing where her Heart is leading her ..
Her choice of ignorance twoards these matters...
I like Vyaan ! Like a lot btw ! Because he is progressive in his thoughts ...takes a step ahead and towards where his thoughts and heart is leading him to ..reminds me of traces of old Maan just an older version
Ahh! That is good to know. Yes, he takes a step towards where his heart is leading him. Take that as an obvious hint.
It's weird that though I may not agree to the line of Geet's thoughts in some ways ..but I love her ..for her aloof bholapan ... She has matured into a self sufficient woman but she is actually that child-woman deep down .. needs a nudge.. a poke ..a hand to lead her where he heart lies .. to where he stands ...
And.. I love her more now because after acknowledging this aloofness of hers as part of her nature .. her old geetness... I can only pleasantly wait for those moments when she will peel and reveal those layers of old Maan in him ...
I am glad you like her for her nature, because people normally tend to think otherwise of the likes of Geet.
This really does need a lot of wiring ! Hehee ... Need to bend and mould these wires to ignite those hearts and electrify their chemistry!! 
You made me laugh with this one. πŸ˜†
Waiting for the next Ji 😳 πŸ˜ƒ
Thank you for being here Ji! 😊

mayyo thumbnail

Originally posted by: honeygrape

wonder what does he has in his  mind...has he really moved on ??πŸ˜• this maan is confusing me also along with geet...and this vyaan is a real danger...😑

They are confusing, indeed. I hope the confusion diffuses as the story reaches the point it is surely heading towards. πŸ˜Š
mayyo thumbnail

Originally posted by: dreamy4ever

Awesome update 😊

Thank you! πŸ˜Š
mayyo thumbnail
Replies begin from page 27.

Happy Birthday Priya!
Happy Birthday Avi!
πŸ€—

29. Still Waters

Stifling a yawn, I hurriedly climbed the stairs. I was late since I had been unable to fall asleep until early morning. The reason was Maan. After the incident with the song last night, there had been an awkward silence which neither of us had tried to break. He had raced across the dark roads and stopped only when we had reached the compound of my residential building. I had hesitated with my hand on the door handle.

"Thank you." I had passed him a slight smile, to which he had just nodded without looking at me.

I had turned away to exit the car but then stopped.

"You want to come in for a cup of coffee?" I had asked haltingly to earn a raised eyebrow as he had turned his face towards me.

"No, thank you. I'm not in the mood for coffee."

"Oh." I had not known what to say and so I had turned to push the door open when his lazy drawl stopped me.

"However," I looked at him in question. "A shot or two of whiskey will do."

I had blinked, unsure of what he had said. He had just given a level stare which had slowly penetrated my mind.

"Are you...serious?" The only response my question had garnered was a raise of both his eyebrows.

"Which I believe you don't have." He had said in a disjointed continuation of his previous words. "So, thank you for the invitation, but I shall take my leave."

"Uhh...okay." I had thought of what else to say. "Bye."

"Hmm."

With his nod, I had given him one last look to see his lips curved into a barely noticeable smile, before I had stepped out of the car and he had zoomed away. It had taken gargantuan efforts for me to put my thoughts away and lay down for sleep. Even then, there had been a strange feeling nagging at the edges of my mind, and I could not place why I had felt so uneasy. Was it the way he was blowing hot and cold in the same breath? Or was it the breaking of my illusion that Maan was still different from the usual men of his age, that he still detested drinking the way he did back then?

"Whoops!" Lost in my thoughts, I reached my floor. I was rudely pulled out of my musings as I did not see someone coming out of the elevator so I almost ran into his body. "Sorry."

"That's okay." Vyan said. "But why are you in such a hurry?"

"I was late." I said matter-of-factly as he fell in step with me while walking towards our cabin.

"And you still took stairs to the fifth floor when you were late? Why are you so obsessed with stairs, anyway?"

I shrugged. "I like to take stairs."

"Vyan, Geet." We both turned towards the receptionist when we heard our names being called. "Tracy wanted you both to come to her cabin as soon as you came in."

We stopped by in Tracy's cabin on the way, where she reminded us of an important task at hand.

"I got a call from ARK a few minutes back. It was Mr. Smith's assistant and she has informed that the meeting with the board of their company has been set for tomorrow, since the MD of that company will be available tomorrow."

Both of us nodded as Tracy filled us in on the importance of signing the contract with this company. ARK was supposedly a relatively newer firm, having been launched only two years ago, but the amount of success it had achieved within this short span of time was absolutely commendable, making it one of the top most construction businesses in the region.

"This is such a short notice." Vyan exclaimed when we entered our cabin after Tracy told us to prepare for tomorrow's presentation in front of the board.

"Yes it is. It's good that we worked on preparing most of the designs before the vacation."

Vyan nodded. "We still need to add at least two more designs in that CD to make it seem sufficient."

It was with this in mind that we called for a semi formal meeting with the junior designers and brainstormed. By lunchtime, we were successful in getting one design ready.

"Whew!" Vyan sighed as he sagged on his seat. "I'm going to demand an overtime pay this time."

I raised an eyebrow. "You haven't worked overtime."

"But my brain has!" His mock-frustrated answer had me chuckling. "I'm so starved it feels like my brain has run a mile a minute. And it needs fuel now."

"Oh yes." I remembered my promise of the previous day. "Let's go for lunch."

His face broke into a wide grin. "I actually forgot about it."

"But I remembered." I quickly put my phone in my handbag and gestured him to come along.

Lunch with Vyan was a mixed affair. We talked about the next design we had to put in the presentation, discussed colour schemes and combinations. He would then say we were talking too much about work so we should change the topic. We would trail towards insignificant topics like the food, the upbeat music playing in the background, the decor of the restaurant before we would invariably be pulled back into a conversation about work and the whole cycle would start again.

By the time we returned to the office, we had already thought of what we were going to do for the last design and we got right down to it. Since our company had barely had to deal with corporate clients on a large scale, almost always taking up smaller assignments and projects, Vyan and I had prepared the presentation with a variety of designs and styles. I had already dug up the minutes of our meeting with Mr. Smith and we were using that as a basic guideline to work upon.

"Vyan, has anyone prepared the price list for ARK? The MD would surely want to see that once before finalising anything." It was almost time for us to pack up and leave.

"I think Tracy was getting it ready. I'll just go ask her."

As Vyan left, my phone rang. The caller's name brought a huge smile on my face.

"Hi Raunaq!"

"Di, it's me." Raya's voice spoke up from the other end.

"Oh! Hey, Chhoti! How are you?"

"Fine. Are you still in office? When are you coming? I'm waiting for you. You haven't forgotten that you promised to come for dinner, right? You're not saying anything, which means you did forget. That's not fair, Di!"

"At least let her get a word in, Raya. How is she going to say anything if you continue to speak nonstop? The way you always do, that is." I heard Raunaq's clearly amused voice, which was followed by Raya's huff and "Okay, okay! Stop taunting!"

I chuckled. "No, Raya, I haven't forgotten. Plus, I promised for dinner and there's still an hour for that. Don't get so worked up."

"Humph! Why shouldn't I get worked up? You tend to forget everything when it comes to your work, even your sister! And it has only gotten worse with time. At least you used to spend time with Mamma and Baba before, but now..." In her tirade, she pulled out a memory of yesteryears which brought a melancholic smile on my face, and she was quick to realise that because she immediately stopped talking. "Anyway, I just wanted to make sure my workaholic sister doesn't forget our plan."

"I didn't. I'm leaving the office in a few minutes and coming right to your place, okay?" I saw Vyan coming back into the cabin. "See you then. Bye."

"Here it is." Vyan waved a file in front of me before putting it on my desk with the CD of the presentation. "So, we are free to go for the day, I guess."

I nodded as I quickly skimmed through the price list.

"Should I drop you home?" He offered as we started to walk out together. He took stairs along with me this time.

"Thanks for the offer, but I'm not going home."

"Oh. Over to Khuranas again?" He tried to cover up the curiosity in his voice as we stood at the edge of the parking lot.

"No. Raya has called me over." I smiled and then waved at him before walking my way.

A/N: I will be refreshing my PM list before the next update. If you wish to remain in the list, please make sure you are visible on the thread after this chapter, so I will know I am not sending unwanted PMs.

30. J... J... Jess?
Edited by mayyo - 9 years ago