Blast from the Past Thread #24 ** Golgappa Times ** p 113, ep 246 - Page 78

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Kate, I have NO clue what you do and how you do.. your Arshi pics and edits are as intoxicating and breathtaking as the man and his girl themselves... thanks a lot for sharing!
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Rhea, doing good.. hope you are good on the other coast.. have to catch up quite a bit on the thread..
Those initial days didn't mean to happen on a desi tv soap I guess.. surely some divine intervention..lest how can anything be so hearteningly beautiful...10 months of unbelievable perfection.. I cherish.. I treasure..
at some point it has to come back to being nothing extraordinary..clichd.. so it did..   240s.. everything tapering fast...243.. ab kya boloon..but looking back as a whole except for this one track, everything was perhaps certainly passable until the wedding...
U see I am riding high on that outlandish typical heroic speech of NOT so asr...πŸ˜†
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Katelyn have to agree with Indu those edits are beautiful! How gorgeous are they in that third pic? She in the green shimmering lehenga and he all black.. And the light seems to shine just on them illuminating the pic β€οΈ 
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Horizon

Rhea, doing good.. hope you are good on the other coast.. have to catch up quite a bit on the thread..

Those initial days didn't mean to happen on a desi tv soap I guess.. surely some divine intervention..lest how can anything be so hearteningly beautiful...10 months of unbelievable perfection.. I cherish.. I treasure..
at some point it has to come back to being nothing extraordinary..clichd.. so it did..   240s.. everything tapering fast...243.. ab kya boloon..but looking back as a whole except for this one track, everything was perhaps certainly passable until the wedding...
U see I am riding high on that outlandish typical heroic speech of NOT so asr...πŸ˜†

hi indu,

butting in. yes, it didn't mean to happen on desi tv at all nor on any other ones too, unless in north korea or somewhere they are doing stuff like this on a regular basis and we have no clue about it. πŸ˜† i don't watch tv in any serious sort of way. never have. even if i liked a show somewhat i have never followed it... if when i switch on the tv for some background noise and occasional look at the screen to see whatsup and that show is on i'd watch it... never ever knew the timing of any show... just that bbc news happens every hour on the hour and.

when all the "K" serials started stopping practically an entire nation from having conversations during "primetime" i tried to watch them, but alas, no... nothing gelled.

despite having studied communications and knowing instinctively the mien of serious cinema and liking it too, i have not been the sort to rush off and see film fests and things. and post the eighties have barely watched movies either. so i had no plans to get completely attached to of all things a tv show.

i had seen barun earlier in shradhha... knew he was heartstopping in some way, despite weird hair and clothes and very strange characterisation... now when i look back, that "bad good" thing was there too. i knew he was in baat, and had seen a few episodes, but never in any urgent engaged way.

i had never seen sanaya and frankly found all the heroines and their delight in doing rona dhona and being acchi bahu completely irksome.

desi tv was not my scene.

you are right, "surely some divine intervention..."

i still can't help swallowing when i see the entry shot and sequence of asr (something so michael corleone and dammit much more in it, so like nothing i have felt or seen, yet it is a young boy in a not too latest latest helicopter with a strange set up of what's our filmi perception of "media", harrassing him). oh heck that seen with chacha ji, the slow movement of the eyes, the unfurling of asr from a low angle as he stands up and the first words in a low deadly voice.

my concentration is completely hijacked when the two are on screen. both barun and sanaya were so refreshing in the way they grasped and executed their character back then. something totally desi yet utterly from another plane about themt... shades of yesterday today tomorrow, apna desh and sara sansaar possibly, touches of mars and venus too.

some day this tv show will get the appreciation it truly deserves as a piece of art created in its genre.

mami ji's bhut bangla and damad ji's gh track notwithstanding, khushi ji's escape to ott-land overcoming... ipk will prevail πŸ˜†.

i am waiting for kidnap which i loved for many reasons and right up to 1 august... then a decline that dadi dictated, finally a disengagement in my heart from the story but never ever asr and khushi as an idea nor asr as a character.

sorry to ramble, but this phase i had suspected would be disorienting... it is. i have to finish many chapters of forced marriage and thereafter... must go there and feel the thrill, taste the unbelievable again.

Edited by indi52 - 10 years ago
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Episode-215

too much animosity is going on after the forced marriage, trying to refresh my mind,

credit goes to tumblr.

halwai ki beti aur businessmanki patni."

A sweet smile suffuses his face to hear her claiming herself his wife. Her presence, her crazy clumsy acts always give him some kind of pleasure, as if she adds spice to his insipid life. She is helter skelter, busy taking orders of cality (quality) goods. She is so immersed in her business talk can't notice her husband is back from office and contemplating her amusedly. She asks him about the blue tooth what hangs in his ear all the time,

"What is it called, where can I get it or what is the price."

She needs one; she has to give laad governor barabar takkar. Right now she is using ear phone instead of blue tooth. She also needs to know from where she can print card.

"what card?'

"shadika card. Our marriage happened in haste, so couldn't do it." he sarcastic words is confusing Arnav.

business card, what she meant. But she doesn't need any info from him, her jijaji will let her know everything. I wish if I could see more of this Saali-jija's sweet relationship between akash and Khushi.

Anjali is delectable, her pati brought palna for her gudiya rani. Nani jests her where is the gift of Rahi Saheba. Anjali thinks, her husband is her biggest gift. Payal who was sitting there perturbs to hear this, if she could tell her about this delusion. Mami joins them as usual with her frivolous talk. She is in tension, what she will wear in the fancy dress competition. She banters, whether she should dress like Payal or not. She only needs to arrange some crocodile tears in that case. Nani assents her idea, she should act Payal and Payal should act hers. Nani's idea scared both mami and Payal . Mami gets even more frightened imagining Payal as a tyrant hello hi bye bye type DIL. Mami is so funny!

ASR is tensed not to see his crazy wife since morning. He is looking devastatingly handsome in his three piece. When he asks the ladies of the house about her, HP informs him that she left early in the morning. All get tensed now, mami is ambiguous, whether she has a plan to take over Arnav bitwa's bussness! Not a bad thought mamiji. I know you are smart and always predicts the right thing. Not take over completely but I would love to see Khushi working with her husband. And I know she would do it efficiently. Anjali calls Khushi and a very busy Khushi tells her about her first day at her business, so she will call back later.

In AR office all ravenously attack their dabbas, what was brought by lady boss, Khushi. Seeing ASR all of them scurry back to their seat. ASR senses, something wrong. All the staffs thank ASR for the dabba. He is incredulous, but can't pay attention because of his lawyer Mr. Roy's call. Roy wants to know about his instruction not to transfer money to  Anjali's joint account. Arnav recollects what Shyam did the other day to make Anjali happy by decorating the cradle. But still he can't trust him. He tells Roy to transfer money only to Anjali's personal account. He thinks if Shyam really wants a new start with Anjali then he has to take care of her. I wish if he would've thought that earlier. By the way in the initial episodes it was shown that Anjali came to stay in RM for some days. Then why she didn't leave the house ever!

While talking with roy, suddenly a clamor downstairs distracts him.

Shukla who is the canteen owner is upset that no staffs are eating his food. The guard, chamanlaal or kesharilaal tells him, if they get Khushi's home made healthy food, then why they will eat Shukla's unhealthy food at double price. ASR enrages to see the anarchy in his office. He yelps from upstairs,

"What the hell is going on? Why there is so much hue?"

Shukla pleads him, how he could do it? Arnav is confused, what he is saying! He tells him to come up and orders everybody to go back to their work.

Arnav can't recognize Shukla. Where did they get such funny looking guy? I laughed for a while to see his funny walk. Shukla introduces him; he is the cantenewala who gives him sugar free tea and coffee in the morning and evening. He is upset because nobody wants to eat his food. Arnav can't get what he is saying. He complains, everybody is getting food from some other service.

"what is the problem?"

"you got married."

"if I got married, then what is your problem?"

"that is the problem." The funny guy leaves his room crying. Arnav can't get his cryptic reply, what is the connection of his marriage with this problem!

Shyam can't buy an expensive watch, because of the low balance of his account. He calls to the bank and finds out that arnav stopped transferring money to their joint account; the money only is transferred to Anjali's account. He is cantankerous in rage, how can saal sahab stint his profligate life! He will not tolerate this nainsafi.

The toofamail enters ASR's room with his dabba. She is in so much haste that is leaving the room without communicating him. Arnav now understands the reason of the problem, so she is the one who infringed the rules of his office, created the fracas. he calls her, he needs to talk. With annoyance, khushi sits reluctantly. Or moreover she needs a break; it was a strenuous day for her. She starts to give him the list of her work what she did since morning.

"what the hell are you doing? Tum kya karrahi ho?"

He asks her in a hostile accusatory tone. she ignores to listen, keep blabbering what more work she needs to do, the gazar was bad, she needs to teach the vendor a lesson, blah blah blah. Arnav can't control his temper under rein. He asks her in berating tone what she is doing. She answers him enthusiastically,

"You don't know. I've started my new business, dabba business.'

"why do you need to do business? Before doing it, you didn't think of my image for once?."  He is in resentment.

Khushi still ignores him and muttering what name she should give to her business, "Gupta Raizada" or "Raizada Gupta." She needs to print her business card.

The man is flagrant now, he leans over her, she cowers. He admonishes her with gritted teeth,

"There will be no dabba service in my office. Did you hear Khushi Kumari Gupta?"

"Singh Raizada."  Khushi shows him her nuptial chain.

"arey wah pura naam mila gaya, KKGSR dabba service." She exults.

Arnav backs off. He turns back and says her meekly, "see if you need money."

Khushi doesn't let him complete,

"One minute Mr. Arnav Singh raizada you keep track of all of your things,, whether it is 300000 or 300. That's why I decided to earn my own money. It's for my own benefit. KKGSR dabba service, Rakhe khayal apke manka aur aapki batweka."

She is gleeful

"I don't have any interest on your dabba, nether anybody has."

Khushi jests him in a quick repartee "oh yeah, you don't have interest. Yesterday somebody was sitting in your chair, eating and sucking his finger was not you."

Arnav lost again to his implaccable wife. Before leaving she let him know about the sugarfree sweet, what she got for him in his dabba,

"I take care of everybody's taste and health, not like you."

Pause: Wrong accusation khushi. don't you see how much he takes care of his family! I agree that he is not fair with you. I wish if he would've told you the reason of his acrimony!

Arnav calls her again, but she ignores him annoyingly and switches on the blue tooth in her ear. Frustrated Arnav picks the dabba from the table, what he can do to stymie his impervious, recalcitrant wife.

"yeh bhi koi baat huyi. Malik to pet bharta hai aur malikki patni dabba supply karke humari petpe lath marte hai."

While leaving the office, Khushi hears Shukla and chamanlaal's convo. Chamanlaal says why people will eat his unhealthy food, where Khushi bhabi is providing them tasty and healthy food at lower price. Shukla says if they have complains then why they didn't tell him to change the style of his cooking. Poor man is so upset. Khushi embroils to hear this, she didn't think about this matter.

Payal wants to make something for Anjali's baby. So she is asking for Anjali and nani's suggestion to select the color. Nani asks Anjali, did she think of any name for the baby?

anarkali."  Mami enters holding a flower in her hand. All looks at her with astonishment. Mami wants to be anarkali in fancy dress competition. Nani jeers her, why not she becomes Akbar and makes Payal Anarkali. During holi she was quite good in Akbar's avatar.

"din-e-elahi." A zealot Khushi enters in the house with her vibrant smile. She distributes sweets to everybody. Her business has become successful; she got her first payment and order as well. Raizada ladies are ambiguous, what she is saying. She begs an apology that she didn't take permission from them earlier. Anjali cuts her, it's alright, but what is her business? She tells everybody about her dabba business, how she managed to do all the works by herself. Anjali asks her why she needs to work? (Why she is not sucking Arnav's money like her!)

But nani noticed Khushi's enjoyment.

Mami thinks about the society, how they will interpret it, husband boss and wife cook? The jodi is made in heaven or in kitchen!

nani refutes her. she didn't ponder people's words when she made her DIL, so she will not think about it even today. Nani knows well, how to shut her shallow daughter in law. She thinks if Khushi wants to work to spend time or to earn money, then they should appreciate her, everybody should try to be independent. Anjali is doubtful, how she will do so much work by herself?  Khushi tells her that she is not alone,

ASR charges his employees, why they ordered lunch from Khushi.

sir bhabiji makes very good food."

"mam" ASR says with a glint of steel in his eyes.

The guy is apologetic," yes sir, mam doesn't take money until we eat food. As if we are eating home made food."

"I see, from today you will not gonna order any food from her and cancel the next day order right now.' he says in an imperious authorative tone.

One guy tries to retort, he doesn't have any idea how incorrigible he is!

"Are you new? Remember one thing, nobody ever questions me, ever."  He tells them to cancel the order right now.

"You can't do such thing sir."

Shukla comes in front of Arnav. He and Khushi became partner now. Arnav is nonplus, his wife and his office's cantenewala are in cahoot!

"aapki patni bahuthi guni hai sir, woh ekhi sath sabko khana khila diya aur humebhi bhuko marne nahi diya. Sakshat Annapurna hai"

ASR is livid, she lost to Khushi or he is mad cause she breached his command. But I think he is feeling proud of his talented wife, that she deftly solved the problem. What's wrong if she wanted to earn some money of her own. He also knows about the financial crisis of her family. I wonder how Gupta family is leading their life without Khushi's income? Later Arnav will be upset when she will stop her business. He always wanted her to be independent. He himself will gift her a catering business in kavachaud. 

plz ignore typos and mistakes

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=S_qSg0rsuI0[/YOUTUBE]

credit goes to smitar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_qSg0rsuI0

Edited by sohara - 10 years ago
Mysticaldivine thumbnail
@Sohara πŸ˜Š

Thnx for reading and delving into deep some where.I am glad you found it interesting and different perspective in Bath scene...
U will be amazed when I watched this epi 1st time , It triggered me in such a way that I gave my students an assignments and that's how we found the facts which we never had a clue...Not only in South Asia but also here in our neighbor  we had a lot of clean water issues , In Latin Ameria and San francisco ,even in rich areas there was a  water trouble in 2008 and  Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, and Mexico and majority South American areas we have a huge issue...

But China and India , because of huge population have to face these problems in daily life...I have a huge range of kids from all over and that's how they all shared their own experiences and opened my eyes , other wise it was a simple one scene but sometimes we learn in different ways...

stupendo,fantabulous take.
So insightful, so significant, so cognitive and so poignant.
one of your best review for sure and I loved it so much that I turned it almost blue, what are my favorite parts.
I wrote a rough take of this episode in word. But after reading your take I think I have to change so many points in my take, Specially about the public bath. I was frantic on Khushi But how you interpreted the scene in different aspect, completely changed my perception. I never knew that people in India are so much in want of water. From now on, I will not gonna waste water of sure.
my comments are everywhere in purple.
Crazy4IPK thumbnail

Originally posted by: aarwen

Episode 242

She is back outside in the midst of the worried larki wale and the snobby larke wale. Lingering anger adds a little recklessness and we get our gutsy lady tackling the problem head on. Where the traditional elders were submissive she dares to question what she knows is wrong. She does her part. They always form a great team as she will proudly say in a future storyline. He has already done his part. Far from the prying eyes.. "Aisa hone doge tum?" He  had questioned the groom with the same words he will tell his wife some months later. Fight to hold on to what matters the most to you. Be the architect of your destiny. Had he not done what he did do, things may very probably have spiraled out of control inspite of all her good intentions then and now.

awesome thought. he has the guts to write his own destiny, very few people have.

But he did make this impressionable groom see sense. Imparted a valuable lesson in how to lead life and treat your better half with respect. Uphold her and her family's dignity. We have entire shows with hundreds of episodes that try to impart this lesson through their story lines. Here IPK does it in a couple of wedding nights. They started of with the heroine protesting against dowry and today it's a more subtle evil. Demeaning the girl's family.  The boy holds no grudges. Clearly and firmly stands his ground and promises a good future to Preeto. Everyone is delighted. In a way I like how they don't make a show of how great ASR is. The all important one who was specially confused today will get a reminder of his soft side. And will also spend some time actually thinking over it. bas.

She loses herself in all the happiness around. Selflessness there as she dances happily seeing this happy end to others troubles. If ASR was instrumental in the new couples happiness, the groom also gets to return the favour. Gets his boss to come dance even though he protests, "I don't dance". A lively melody plays. He sees her happy. He sees her dancing. And something gave way as it always does. Right from the awestruck hypnotic pull of Hawa Hawaii to the delighted burst of laughter at jiji tere jethji deewane. Holi dance which had him intoxicated and today a similar crumbling of inhibitions. He wants to dance with her. Loose himself in her. 

thanks for the reminder of her earlier dance. he loves to see her beautiful girl dancing, 

Unsure of how to dance, bashful bhangra like steps, eyes drawn to her. Longingly waiting to catch her eye. He wants to celebrate with her. And Amma and buaji are delighted to see his open ungaurded display of love. They know his aloof introvert ways quite well by now and can appreciate to a great extent his actions. Of course they are unaware of the actual wonder in all of this. He supposedly hates her until a moment ago. But still can't withstand the hold she commands over his heart. And she, wary of his moods, tentatively matches him step to step. Holding on to each other.. their gaze never straying away from each other.

nicely written.

his attraction is too visceral that always surmount his hate. 

beautiful shot! such a made for each other couple!

Just as suddenly a biting reminder of the chot in him. He walks away leaving behind the broken confused girl. Can't blame her at all. How can she keep up with his ever changing roop The wedding finally over, it's time for vidai. Just like fate had whimsically decided one night it was time to break the hearts of the two expectant lovers, today the time is right for both of them to reflect about the other. A reminder of a different side, like what happened back on the day of the barsi. That day she saw the rakshas's hidden caring side. Helped her connect him to her rajkumar. And he met the dear girl behind the sparkling smile. The girl who missed her parents , was scared of the darkness yet could have resolute faith is goodness.. in god..in happiness.

good observation. their heart knows who actually they are, but their turbulent minds can't accept it. 

Nice groom isn't he? He isn't scared of ASR. Perhaps he really understood the essence of what his boss tried to teach him. Got inspired by this man. And Arnav was glad too. Slight smile. Not much older than the groom in years but still quite wise. Acche partner. Is he the same man who didn't believe in marriage? "Keep her happy." Lovely. lovely. He had broken a wedding at the very beginning of it all. Mid way he joined in the mad schemes to get a wedding to be agreed upon only to have to threaten to stop it himself. And today a different wedding in which he ensures happiness. "Good".. Not a man of many words.. Still ASR, but we now know him to be so much more than just the devastatingly handsome man in those waistcoats flaunting his own brand of addicting anger.πŸ‘

"Ek pal mein inpe itna py".. Oh oh .. She has almost confessed to herself so shaken is she. Yes in this moment he does seem unfathomable to her. His motives, his actions, his thoughts an unravelled mystery. "Kyu ki, kin halaat mein ki, kya bol ke ki?". Take a bow girl! Fantastic voice modulation by Sanaya.  He is the prince who swoops in and rescues her and he is also the beast who lashes out at her visciously attacking her..leaving her bruised heart, body and soul. "ye aise kyu hai?".. For now she can't understand .. "main aisa hi hun"..

paal mei shaitan paal mei RajKumar 

She finally lets her heart speak to her.. And it wants to know the reason.. In fact needs to get to that elusive answer.. she is determined to find out what went so terribly wrong.. She looks stunning sitting deep in thought. Rare to see her this still.. in quiet reflection.. I used to find her so beautiful when she sat motionless gazing at the stars outside Gupta house before this madness descended into her life. Her mother walks in. Amma starts this heart to heart with her dearest daughter. "bitwa thora kam bolat hai na toh unke swabhav ke bare mein pata hi nahi chalta.." ..bitiya listens intently.. "Dil ke bahut saaf hai". And I have to give her credit for keeping such an open big heart. She does not remember the AC and any other unintentional slights. All she focuses on is the sparkling sterling diamond behind the hard mask.  You both care about each other but my eyes see an unknown turmoil between you to.. Khalish..  Both women panic.. One visibily and the other deep down in the hidden recesses inside her. A mother who did not have a chance to give away her daughter. Instead with no explanation her little girl vanished into the night and returned a married woman who now belonged to another. No longer only her darling bitya but Mrs Arnav Singh Raizada foremost. Amma pauses in worry.. wanting reassurance. And the daughter transform into the guardian.. "Hum khush nai".. How the truth fights to come out.. "hum bahut khush hai".. A delicate chirpiness.. Again those intricate lies..

i absolutely blew away by this mother daughter very intrigue convo. your take is sublime.

Devi maiyya had moments ago reintroduced Khushi to her considerate husband and now she introduces Arnav to the selfless woman who is his wife. All the simple dreams of any young wife. Understanding, supportive, loving husband.. A best friend.. Makes me laugh.. Makes all my wishes come true.. Worries like crazy for me.. Can't stand to see me in tears.. Thinks about me even before himself.. Will gift me the moon and stars if he could.. Amma's smiles gets more teary eyed as she gets convinced.. clearly relieved that her daughter has been blessed with such a wonderful life partner.  And then she shares the sweetest earnest fear. "tohri ma ko kya jawab denge?" ..a flood of tears since she is so content now.. In reply her bitiya.. The girl, only of 18, lovingly cups her ammas face.. "Humari amma toh aap hai.. Aapko kisi ko bhi jawab dene ki koi zarurat nai hai" .. True blessing for a forever full of togetherness amma wishes upon them.. "Ha amma, Arnavji is duniya ke sabse achche pati hai".. And how heartbroken is she etched on the anguish on her face as she says this.. Oh the poor girl who is making everyone happy.. Who will take care of her? Make her happy? Who will assure her that she belongs to him? Who will let her know that his breath will stop if she went far from him?

A lot to learn from khushi.. Sadly but in reality a number of people loose their parents young.. 8 too tender an age to bear this.. But she got bauji, Payaliya, Amma and you feel not too bad for her. But add to that her almost forced engagement to a lying deceitful two timing cheat. Being swept into a whirlwind of passion and rejection by a remarkable man. Uneasy truce leading to shyly solidifying dreams and fascinating possibilities, all to be dragged and shattered at the command of anger. This time my heart definitely bleeds for khushi. In a classic Bollywood movie it was said, "it is so simple to be happy but so difficult to be simple". Khushi does both effortlessly. I find times when the moment needs so much effort and in those times I invariably have started thinking about the tinkering laughter of this spirited girl. Hey Devi maiyya on her lips, ready to face everything head on. That unwavering faith in goodness. Heady mix of traditional with refreshing specks of contemporary.. Her karenge nai toh..aur karenge was earnest optimistic to say the very least. She had this big heart and simple beliefs. Blushing rosy cheeks at her Arnavjis jokes. Those rare die for moments when she would meet him as his equal, a grown women madly in love and very very real.

beautiful, what you said about Khushi. it's true that we can learn so many things form her. she is a very optimistic and serendipitous soul, who knows how to ignore her grief and embrace the mirth of life.

He had stood there listening to all that she said. Eyes reflecting the extreme self reproach. Doesn't matter if she is a liar, a cheat, a heart breaker, a conniving adultress. His brain isn't even reminding him of all that. He suffers right with her.  His heart feels all her hurt. All the courage it took to weave this glorious spell of honeyed myth just to reassure her amma. And call me mad but I am convinced I saw Barun add a moment of pride in ASR. Pride that he had fallen in love with this girl who could do anything for the ones she loved. Those words echo within him. Take away his peace.. Sukoon..he has been the exact opposite to her. A beast. And she has proclaimed out.. "arnavji is duniya ke sabse achche pati hai"..

Awesome take.
this is one of the important episode of IPK. I must say one step progression to their relationship.
wonderful analysis of khushi's character.πŸ‘
all the lines I marked blue stood out for me.
My commenst are in purple.
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
hey all, from a long time I'm not participating in any group discussion. Or even giving thank you reply who are reading my takes. I am only replying the PM you guys are sending me. Plz continue the PM. 
Life is too hectic because of school. Moreover I've been trying to catch up my reviews.
Thank you again for reading my takes.

i found very interesting gif in tumblr. Can't resist to share. Most of us must saw this segment.
can you guess what Barun could say to Sanaya that made her so mad!
just look at her angry expression and look as his smiling face, as if she is ASR and he is Khushi.
this two are too cute! Missing them like crazy.

aarwen thumbnail

Originally posted by: sohara

trying to catch up...

episode-214

Khushi is frenetic in tension; how she will pay the loan of Arnav. It is such a big amount for her! She is asking Laxmi, will she do the halwai work. Last time, it was a big loss, so no.  Will she do the embroidery work, she is master in this. No, it will take lots of time to arrange money. She is in quandary. She needs to immerse herself in some work, otherwise she will start making jalebi again. She wants to prepare Akash's lunch to divert her from her muddle thought.

Khushi cooked huge amount of food for Akash. Payal is flummoxed to see so much food; she already prepared food for Akash. Khushi just did it to cool down her agitated brain. Mami comes in the kitchen and gets bewildered to see so much food. She became so enamored to see the salad platter, that starts to praise her, forgetting her acrimony towards her. But Anjali doesn't forget to incite her, "doesn't this looks like a five star hotel's chef's work?." Anjali is surprised as well. She thinks she can feed the whole AR office. Anjali's words make Khushi jovial; she thinks to feed this food to the staffs of AR.

Three ladies pack the whole food in tiffin carriers. Khushi is all set to go to feed his husband's employees. Suddenly Anjali remember that Arnav must've ordered pizza. But in what expedition she has gone, that is no avail to call her back.

The tiffin girl has reached AR office and greeting everybody as if it's her very own place. Obviously it's her place, after all she is the wife of the boss. She first greets the two guards, chamanlaal and Kesharilaal, who didn't let her go inside the offic few days back. They are confused; why the madam doesn't have pail and mug with her today. πŸ˜†

"no no, I left those in bathroom today." Khushi is so funny!

She makes them smell the delicious food what she brought with her.

Khushi is too much; such affability with the guards! πŸ˜†By the way, she didn't bring the pail and mug; it was there in the office. I guess the writer forgot that. πŸ€£

AR employees are starving, waiting for the pizza eagerly. When Akash suggests them to order something else, khushi comes in front of him with the dabba.

"jijaji aapke liye khana, aur sath mei jijika dher sara pyaar."

(jijaji, here is food for you along with myriad love of jiji.)

Akash feels a bit awkward, how can he eat where the employees are hungry.

Arnav looks a bit uncomfortable in his room, he must be hungry. Suddenly his look goes downstairs. He is startled and enraged to see Khushi immersed in talk with his employees. He descends down and sees Khushi is trying to feed them. But the obedient staffs are refuting to eat, sir ordered pizza, how can they eat something else. Khushi insists them, just to taste a bit, they can eat pizza afterwards. She also feeds a morsel to a female employee. She tells them what she got for them, aloo-matar, methi.

"what the, comes out from ASR's mouth inadvertently. All the staffs cower in fear to see their haughty boss there. But the lady boss is dauntless. She tells Arnav in exuberance,

"Arey aap agaye, aur yeh what the naa aapki pizzawaloke liye bachachakar rakhiye, jab woh ayege...oh you came here. And save this "what the" for the pizza guys when they will come. They didn't come yet."

Ignoring Arnav completely she starts to talk again, "where I was."

in aloo'matar, and methi-curry." A guy replies.

She brought some jalebi too for the sweet lovers.

"It's so light that you will keep eating." She gives a bite on the jalebi and ebbs into it's taste. The way she eats the jalebi, makes everybody drool.They look at their boss with a plea, so that he can allow them to eat her food. Oh we know who else drools seeing her eating..πŸ˜‰

"There is enough for everybody.' Khushi says gleefully.

Arnav's eyes crinkle in anger to see her demeanor.

"One thing I'm telling clearly. I'm a bit shameless in the matter of jalebi. If you don't eat I'll finish them all." Khushi provokes them to eat.

They gulp, keep look at their boss for permission. But their boss's disdainful look doesn't let them dare to eat.

"It's ok, if you don't want to eat." Khushi takes the food in the canteen. She signals one guy with her eyes to follow her in the canteen. While passing Arnav, she gives him a challenging look. Holding his dabba Akash looks at Arnav ruefully, "bhai, Payal sent this food." He permits him to eat by nodding his eyes. The rest of the staffs looks ambiguous, what to do, the food is in the canteen, but the boss is not letting them eat. Arnav asks, what happened to the pizza? they all became mum. He hollers, Akshay and Barun always manage to make me smile. And those off screen segments.. miss them..  

"What happened to the damn pizzas?" he ascends up in anger.

Pause: I didn't not get it, why ASR didn't allow his staffs to eat the food what Khushi brought for them. Khushi is his wife in front of the world and as a wife of the boss, she can feed his employees. Why ASR divulged his bitter relationship with his wife in front of his staffs? Didn't he say that in front of the world they will act like happily married couple! Sensible question to ask Sohara. If he does not give her respect then how can others treat her with respect. The water fight last time was also a stretch of imagination but since it was so igniting to watch on this side of screen.. within it I can forgive Khushi and Arnav getting lost in each other. But what happened today ?

In the canteen khushi is waiting with the food, but nobody is coming. Akash is also ready with his dabba, but can't eat either.

A man sneaks inside the canteen. Khushi welcomes him ardently,

"Plz come in. Mufta ka maal, kaziko halal."

Slowly all other employees start to come to eat.

Arnav is sullen in anger, calling for the pizza. He recollects Khushi's words to scold the pizza guy. And he does so. But the pizza already delivered to the wrong address. He espies form upstairs that all are marching towards the canteen. As the pizza is not coming, so he thinks not to admonish them. He also peeps in the canteen and sees that all are getting crazy to eat her food. Aww how cute he looked just like a hungry little boy peeping for the food!  Khushi notices him watching and gives him a thumbs up. Without saying anything he leaves. Yoy do want to look after him don't you? Hahaha you would have kept him in AC, fed him tasty food ..

People loved her food so much that even pleading her to bring food every day. Khushi also is taking their order enthusiastically.

Arnav is back in the canteen. Aww poor man is hungry, how can he resists his wife's delicious cooking now!. Akash tells him to eat, the food is really good. He looks at him with darting eyes and tells the staffs to go back to work fast.

Khushi is happy. She got plenty of order. She is arranging the Tiffin boxes, ready to go home. But two boxes are missing. She tells the canteen guy to look for it. She also goes to find that. She comes up and sees from outside that Arnav has those two missing Tiffin boxes with him. and he is gulping the food  with his food ravenously. So the sexy man went to the canteen to steal the food! Not really believing her eyes she moves towards his cabin only to congeal in surprise. This time her husband's signature  "What the" comes out from her mouth involuntarily. She covers her mouth in pronto. She enters his cabin silently and smiles with great satisfaction to see her husband enjoying her food so much. He relaxes on his chair after eating all scrumptious food. But His heart is craving more of his wife's delicious cooking, so he goes back to the other dabba and picks a jalebi.  Somehow it felt like Barun was eating all the food and had forgotten a bit about ASR. But Sanaya had a very heartfelt smile for a second. Its there perfectly in the right most last gif above.

Sanaya gave the perfect expression here.

Barun must loved gulping all the yummy foods. We know what a big foodie he is! Yes I just wrote the same thing above!

Khushi just can't admire her husband surreptitiously, she runs to admonish him not to eat the jalebi,

"No no you can't eat it. there is sugar in it. If I would know you will eat then I would've brought some sugar free sweets too. Tomorrow I'll get some sukhi, mewe ki halwa for you."

Arnav gets so embarrassed to get caught red handed; he is giving her surreptitious sideway glances. When khushi intends to talk he leaves the cabin giving her an angry glare.

Khushi is feeling so elated that Arnav enjoyed the meal what she brought. A sweet smiles suffuses her face.

The AR employees thank her again for the food. One guy wishes if they could eat such home made food everyday! The other guy nods him not to say any more, cause the boss can be mad.

Khushi is still in the trance of her husband thought. She recollects the scene of Arnav eating her food with his heart content. She feels content and delight. A glimmer of smile glints her eyes in satisfaction. If their relationship was normal, she would probably pour her heart out for her beloved Arnavji. Sweet thought Sohara. Imagine them going to eat golgappa on the streets together! haha I can imagine Arnav's shocked expressions. 

Some ladies visited RM to talk about some fancy dress competition. When Payal offers them snack, they refuse to eat, because their figure will go bad. These ostensible ladies attitude embittered me. they are complaining except once why Manoroma never participated in the fancy dress competition. Mami gets scared when she recollects how she fell down on the stage while walking on the ramp like a model. the two mean ladies laugh remembering that. They insist her to participate this time with her newly wed DIL. They mock her that she has to deliver her speech in English this time, more than hello hi bye bye. The other lady jeers, "if she wins then she will give the speech." Compare them to Gupta house neighbors! But I felt bad for mamiji here. If they make so much fun of her no wonder she keeps trying to talk in english and forcing everyone to remember how high class she is.

Payal tells them to write her name and her MIL's name as well. She thinks, the thing will be different this time. Nani and Anjali both appreciate her confidence. me too.

Khushi came back from the office with a very jovial mood. She tells them how much they loved her food and they want it everyday.

"Very good, wah re gupta shishters, ek humri association mei humri naak kataipe tuli huyi hai, aur dusri, publicke khana khilaike humri kitchenwa empty karath hai. Hello hi bye bye."

(oh Gupta sisters, one is planning to humiliate me in front of the association and another is emptying our kitchen by feeding public.)

Payal and Khushi both gets upset to hear her paltry words.

I have no words for mami's meanness. Such a rich family's DIL, but so shallow is her mentality. Since she was not born rich it is extreme inferiority complex. But she would have been better if she wan't always mean. With lavanya she had been such fun to watch.

Shyam blind folds anjali with his hand and brings her to their room. He makes her stand in front of the covered cradle.

"This gift is not for you.' Anjali uncovers it and gets delectable to see the decorated cradle. Shyam becomes lovey dovey with her, he wants to know whether their gudiya loves this gift or not. Anjali tells him that she loves it very very very much. She hugs him and gets emotional. shyam says her why she is teary in happy moment?

rani saheba, it's so easy to make you happy, that some times I feel bad."

So Shyam has guilt feelings too. He knows how unconditionally she loves him, but he is beguiling her in return. Clever shyam knows very well how to chicane his gullible words with his cagey words. oh I didn't think he was saying this out of guilt. Will watch this scene again..

"you just keep do this small things and I don't want anything else."

She leans on his chest again. Shyam smiles devilishly.

First I though he has some conscience and guilt feelings for cheating Anjali. But seeing his devil smile I think I misunderstood him. hehe  I guess I don't need to see the scene again.

The sexy man is back from his work, but still talking in his blue tooth, probably with a client. he is talking about some business deal. He is about to enter his room saying the guy that whatever happens "hum isi tarah kam karte hai."

Surprisingly the same dialogue comes from his room, which is saying by no other else but his crazy wife. He gets in the room and sees that Khushi is walking on the bed, talking to somebody on the phone. The phone is connected to her ear with head phones. He tells mr. Sharma that it's a matter of 10 crore. At the same time Khushi also tells the person that, it's a matter of 10 thousand. One is over crore and one is over thousand, but both are on the same number 10. He tells Mr. sharma to call back, cause he needs to listen to his crazy wife now. Khushi is telling the guy that she needs quality product. Haha she was trying to copy him and wated a bluetooth too. Maybe Arnav should have gifted a bluetooth as her bday present.. πŸ˜†

"Aab aap humko sikhaigeke cality kya hothe hai. Hum halwaiki beti hai, aur businessmanka patni." I never liked how they made her say such wierd pronounciations. It didn't feel funny to me at all. And earlier she would use Ennglish words later she completely stopped. It felt so contrived at that point. 

But this line was sweet. How nicely she is considering herself to be his wife.

(will you teach me, what quality means? I'm daughter of a confectioner and wife of a business man.)

His face suffuses with a sweet smile to hear her dealing with the guy like a perfect business woman. Or is he elated to hear her claiming herself his wife!

I wish if Khushi jins her husband in business. She is so much potentiality that if he would guide her she would be successful like her husband. So true. And he wanted her to always to something dhang ka . I did not like her in the Miss India track since they made her so gawaar at times then. but anything that she did always made him proud. Nice husband!

Nice take Sohara. Didn't like the actual episode too much. So agree with all the points you questioned. That whole tamasha in office is very hard to see. I guess Khushi chose to come to his office out of her haq on him. And he definitely should have not been rude to her in front of everyone. It is closer to their marriage and before Gupta house so he is still quite angry with her maybe that is why? Still does not make too much sense to me. πŸ˜• . When she smiles seeing him eat and his semi smile on hearing her call herself wife of businessman are the sweet scenes of the whole episode don't you think?

Oh and that vm πŸ˜³β˜ΊοΈ . How does he look at a girl this way?  

aarwen thumbnail

Oh Sohara this gif is amazing.. I can't write a long message thanking you since am rushing to find this off sreen segment and rewatch.. missing them like crazy too.. Thanks a lot for this! Looking forward to your spring/summer break so that we can get lots of your funny comments soon. πŸ˜Š .. And keep those takes coming.. humein farq parta hai lots..