Health And Fitness - Sharad Kelkar

radha07 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 17 years ago
Sharad Kelkar: Health and Fitness

Sharad Kelkar of Saat Phere shares his fitness tips. The former ramp model talks about his work out plan and diet and how Nach Baliye helped him lose 7 kilos of excess weight!

Sharad loves seafood:
Every morning I drink a juice of green pumpkin and capsicum. It's natural and very good to detoxify your body. Other than that I eat some eggs. I'm not particular and can eat any form of eggs for breakfast.

I have a normal lunch of two chapattis, and dal. I eat a lot of dal!

In the evening I usually have a sandwich from a place called Health Junction which sells health food.

Normally it's not a habit of mine to take dinner. It's not that I want to lose weight but I just don't like eating in the night. For me the evening meal may be just a soup or a piece of fish.

I can't resist fish and seafood. I just love crabs especially in garlic butter. That's one thing I can't refuse even with all that butter! Mango is another thing I just can't stay away from. If I see a mango I just have to eat it!

"Timing is everything"
I try to avoid a lot of things but I can't seem to manage it! I don't diet though. I eat only three meals a day and timing is very important. I have to have my meals at a fixed time. Lunch is between 1:30 and 2 and in the evening I eat between 6:30 and 7. I don't eat outside those times.

"I don't want a body builder's body"
I go to the gym everyday. If I'm shooting I have to adjust my timings to early in the morning or late in the evening but I make sure I go. I work out for about one and a half hours; everyday on different body parts. I do cardio four times a week and weight training the other three days.

I don't want a six pack, rock hard, body builder body. I just have to be agile and fit enough. I would rather be lean and muscular than big and bulky.

"I lost 7 kilos during Nach Baliye"
The first year I started working out I gained 14 kilos in two months! I was very lean and sleek. I have no muscles whatsoever and I immediately gained a lot of weight once I was exercising. People I knew would see my and say "Kya ho gaya?" Now I've been working out for 10 years. Earlier I used to do ramp shows and I had a good body. Now it's not that great. When I was doing two serials I had gained 8 kilos because it was so hectic. I managed to lose it with all that dancing in Nach Baliye. I lost 7 kilos there! The rest I lost and maintained through doing a lot of cardio exercises.

"I love my height"
I put on weight on my abdomen and my face. They are the first places that get bigger so I'm not too happy about that. I would like to have a more toned stomach and I'm working on that. In two months I should see a good improvement on my abs.

Among the things I love about my body are my arms. I think I have good arms. They're well toned. And I also love my height which is all of 6'1!

"I don't notice women's bodies!"
In this industry I think that Indraneil Sen Gupta has a great body. Among the women I'm the wrong guy to ask because I never look at them! (Laughs). There are a lot of girls who are maintaining themselves but I really wouldn't know about any of them.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Krupa- thumbnail
so dand right..indraneil does have the best body..he was at the same man hunt contest as John so they had the same routine & stuff..but Neil's abs!!OMG..they're to die for abs..
DK111 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
thanx 4 postin 😊

-Dev 😛 😉