Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mayyo thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago
**Replies begin from page 14.

20. Unexpected Guests

It was a silent Monday evening after the hustle bustle of the weekend when Raya and Raunaq moved to their new house. Now that I was alone in my apartment after more than two weeks, the silence felt a little eerie so I brought some work from office when I came back.

It hadn't been an hour since my return from the office when the doorbell rang. Not expecting anyone tonight, I got a very pleasant surprise to open the door to Mrs. Khurana's smiling face.

"Aunty!" I embraced her with a squeal.

She hugged me with all her love before I brought her inside. She signalled a uniformed person, who I thought was her driver, to put the decorated basket he was carrying on the coffee table.

"I brought this for you." She told me when the driver left.

I looked at the basket. It appeared to be an assortment of sweets.

"There wasn't any need for this, Aunty!"

"How was there no need! I have come to my daughter's house for the first time, I had to bring something sweet." She smiled fondly and caressed my face. I was humbled by her words and hugged her once again. It is nature's strange play that we find profound relations in places we can never expect from. I found a mother in Mrs. Khurana, a brother in Ayush and a sister in Anaya. I was very lucky indeed.

"Now, now!" She patted my back. She knew I was getting emotional so she distracted me by talking about random things. I was ecstatic to know she planned to stay till dinner.

"You've set your house very nicely, Geet." She complimented once I had fulfilled her request of showing me my abode. "I especially love the colours in your room."

We sat in the living room for over an hour, one thread of conversation leading to another, when I realised I hadn't yet offered Aunty anything.

"Should I make tea for you, Aunty? Or coffee? Maybe I should serve dinner now. Should I set the table? I think I should." I kept the string of my questions as well as answered them myself without giving her a chance to speak.

"Relax, darling!" She laughed. "I am not here to make you run here and there to serve me with delicacies! Come, I'll make tea for you today."

She got up from the couch and pulled me with her as I kept protesting and telling her to sit while I made tea. She wouldn't listen so I gave up and helped her.

The tea she made was the most delicious I had tasted in some time and I relished it till the last drop in my cup. It was only after I looked up that I saw Aunty's eyes on me, with a suppressed smile.

"Liked it?" I smiled sheepishly and nodded eagerly.

"Loved it! I don't know when I drank such tasty tea the last time."

Her eyes drifted somewhere far away as she recalled how her husband loved the tea she made. I could feel her longing for the times gone by when she pulled herself together and we reminisced the different times when we had been together seven years back.

It was close to the time of dinner when her phone rang. I walked to the kitchen to give her some sense of privacy as she talked. All I could make out from her words was that it was Maan on the phone and he had apparently called for the driver who had driven Aunty here.

"Maan's car broke down on his way home." Aunty informed me when I came back to her after she hung up. "I told him to give his car to the driver and come to pick me up himself."

My heart gave a violent beat but I kept a straight face and scolded myself as I nodded understandingly at her.

As I set the table and then we both sat down for dinner, she talked about her sons and how they had both taken their father's business to new heights. She was a proud mother and I felt happy for her. Somewhere deep in my heart, I was glad for Maan too. I knew he was ambitious about his father's business and it felt good to know he had been successful.

Not long after dinner, when I brought green tea for both of us, the doorbell rang. I took a deep breath before pulling the door open. Act normal, I commanded myself. It was him. For a fleeting moment, I could only stare at the brown eyes but I quickly blinked and smiled naturally.

"Hi!" He smiled too. "Mom's in?" He pointed inside the apartment.

"Yes." I moved aside. "Come on in."

He stepped inside and I shut the door, took a deep breath and followed him in. It was time to put what I had taught myself in the previous days, into practice.

Edited by mayyo - 10 years ago
dqno1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I loved the warmth of this update.

Mrs. Khurana is so sweet😭  reminded me of Mom again.

I love the way she looked around and approved.  There is such a satisfaction in a person when mother approves something.  It is like winning a medal.

The making of tea together and having a meal.  Sigh.. I miss those days so much.  You are bound to make me teary with each of these updates.

Hate to say this but Geet is making a place in my heart solidly now.   I so did not want to like her.

Haiyee!  He is here to pick up Mommy.  In her space now..

What has she been practicing?  Evading?  How can I tell?πŸ˜†

Are there any passages in her apartment...πŸ˜†

Thanks for updating Mari.

It seems ages every time that you make us wait so much.

Edited by dqno1 - 10 years ago
Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Mrs khurana was so sweet.

nice update mayyo.

prema_ks thumbnail
I am disappointed a little πŸ˜” 
I didn't get Maan's insight πŸ˜’
May be we have to wait for some more time πŸ˜‘

but the update is fab πŸ‘πŸΌ and excited about the next update πŸ˜³
Will they act like strangers?
Ubiquitos thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Nice.
Ab aage kya? Like always...
Eagerly waiting.
You end the update such that the update seems chhutku sa every time lol.
sanum23 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 7
simply awesome ud
mrs khurran so nice
geet maan ek saath
saf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Loved the update. Mrs Khurana drops in to see Geet, bringing with her sweets as it is the first time she is in her daughter's house. Love the ease in conversation between them and the way she is able to make Geet feel like her own. Looking forward to what is in store next. Fab job as always.
punam2712 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
MRS KHURANA CAME TO SPEND TIME WITH EET AND RENEW THEIR RELATION
MAAN HAD TO COME TO PICK HIS MOM

MystiqueDew thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
lovely ,,
loved Mrs K and Geet bond
honeygrape thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
happy to see geet so exciited...so different from how she is seen here always... lovely one...omg he finally reached her house..πŸ˜•what are you planning for them??