Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

amberose thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

.Chapter II - Loss.

If only he knew. If only he knew how much pain was hidden in those soft brown eyes. If only he knew the hell of time she had been through. If only he knew that she had lost her happiness. If only he knew how pierced her hope was, he wouldn't have tagged her with hate. If only he knew that she was a broken doll.

*πŸ’”*

The night was yet again as painful as it was yesterday. The darkness of Mumbai's cloudy sky was pierced with the lights of familiar sky-high buildings. He stared at the sky as if searching for something precious in that darkness with his indifferent eyes. As if searching for his lost love. His eyes seemed empty and cold like always, but still there was something hidden there as if those eyes were searching for his lost past. He averted his gaze and his coffee brown eyes followed the people chasing for beautiful tomorrow. To find a beautiful tomorrow all those people were losing their precious moment of present. He very well knew that because he had become one of those people. Never in million years had he thought that he would ever become a robotic businessman when he was in college. The reality of life seemed like an exotic and thrilling adventure. He wanted to reach for stars. Just like how stars got lost behind those dangerous city lights, he lost his dreams along with his heart. The heartbreaking thing was that the reason for those broken dreams was a woman and that too his best friend.

The sound of shutting car door reminded him that he was far from his tragedies and he was waiting for his father. If only it wasn't his father request, he would have never came to pick her up along with him. He didn't need another disturbance in his life. There were already enough reasons to trouble his peacefulness. The entire day he couldn't find last bit of comfort left in his life because he had change many thing because some stupid girl was coming to live with him. Change. He hated the mere thought of change. He changed for his love. It brought nothing for him, but loss and sadness. He didn't want another person in his life because he knew whether he accepted or not she would bring change with her.

He finally let out the frustrated sigh he was holding when he saw his father appearing through those stained glass doors of the hectic airport. He also noticed the figure tailing his father like a shadow. As they got near the car he noticed her pale face and her gaze was towards the broken concrete as she clutched on to the book while she was draped in dull colors. Typical. That was the only thought that ran through his mind. He had seen people like her way too many times in his life. People like her were innocent and wrapped in their values in the beginning of their journey for success. They threw everything under the bus the moment they started to feed their hunger for success with the greediness of money. He knew she would be one of them. He shook his head and turned on the song and invested his attention on his inner battle.

*πŸ’”*

There was something uncomforting about her. His eyes kept on going back to the rearview mirror because her soft brown eyes were staring right back at him. He didn't like whatever was in those eyes. It wasn't that it was hate first sight or if he hated the mere existence of women, given that he didn't care about anyone's emotions and he was heartless, he still didn't wasted his time in hating people. It was just something about her and they way she seemed perfect while talking to his dad, but still there was something broken about her. The subtle feeling of loss in her words was like a mirror for him and maybe that's why he felt detest towards her or maybe it was due the fact that with her one gaze she opened the unhealed wounds that no one even tried to heal. Or perhaps simply it was because she was a mirror of his pains.

*πŸ’”*

He held his head as he looked through the file. He couldn't concentrate. That girl was invading her personal space along with his mind and he refused to call her by her name. She was just a trouble. He still couldn't accept the fact that someone was living in his apartment, the sole place where he could hide from the world was invaded by her. He couldn't understand why his father just didn't put her in hostel. She would have been much better care there. He couldn't even complain anymore because his father left right after settling the girl in to the apartment. He rested back in his chair and closed his eyes to get a minute or two, but unfortunately those few minutes of peace weren't part of his fate. He heard the door open and the clicking heels entered in his office. He sat in his seat and opened his eyes as he ran his hand through his messy hair. His felt as if someone was drilling a hole through his head. He just hoped that the person standing in front of him wouldn't try to open the past chapters of his life. He signed the papers and handed it back to her, but she was still standing there.

"Something is bothering you." She examined his face as she said that.

"Nothing is wrong. You may return to your cabin. Miss Hammad." His voice was stern and empty of emotions.

"Come on. Seriously." She threw her hands in air with disbelief. He never understood why she tried this over and over again when both of them knew how this conversation was going to end.

"I really don't want to do this and I hope you understand my right of privacy here Miss Hammad."

"Stop it Zee, I know you better than this." And here she tried his patience yet again and that was not going to end well with him.

"DON'T YOU DARE CALL ME THAT." His eyes were becoming red and he was fuming with anger. "You don't know me. You just knew me." His words were simple, but there was an entire tragedy hidden behind them.

"But you can't change the fact that I was an integral part of your life." She was trying hard to recover something that was broken and shattered.

"You know how much I regret that you were part of life. If I am ever given a chance you would be the only person that I would throw out of my life. Just looking at your face makes want to kill myself because neither can I hurt you nor anyone associated with you."

"Then why don't you throw me out of your office and tell everyone the truth that I was behind everything that happened to this company." She challenged him with her tears, but there was no way that he was ever going to believe anything that would come out of her mouth.

"The only reason I am tolerating you is because of my father. He appointed you here because he trusted the girl named Maria Hammad and believed in her merit. How can I tell him that someone he brought with such confidence actually stabbed him in the back? How can I tell him that someone he considered a part of his family is the same person who tried to take away his everything? TELL ME HOW? He was the only person who believed me when you ruined everything and framed me. Also, looking at your face reminds of how disgusting this world is. Your face reminds me never trust anyone especially someone with whom you fall in love with because they are the only one who knows you enough to betray you."

😭I will write a thank you note later to you guys cause its tooo late here😭

Edited by Sara_Joong - 10 years ago
nahsjdnusksmsj thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Amazing
Loving it
Plzzz update soon
-Minion- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
nice update.
so zain is betrayed by other girl.feel sad for him.waiting for next part.thanks for pm.
Emaani.95 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Res
UnRes πŸ˜ƒ

Yet another astonishing part you have written girl. It was just amazing πŸ‘
In this part, the spot light was only on Zain and you didn't wrote much about Aliya πŸ˜”
Please highlight Aliya's life too in the next part. πŸ˜Š
I liked the part Very Much πŸ€—
Try to Update Soon ..!!
Edited by Kyara.95 - 10 years ago
-.serendipity.- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Res
unres

what an update!
loved it~! so well written! 
waiting for the next one and thanks for the pm πŸ˜Š
Edited by Wahian4lyf - 10 years ago
Khushi_Dillse thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Very well written dear...
It was awesome...I like zain...

fee-fee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This is amazing! The way you describe their pain, their loneliness, their darkness- it's fantastic. Please update soon.
rajani_sid thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
very nice...like the stotyline...:-)
jojo1986 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Loved it update soon and pm plz
amberose thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
               Chapter III - Fear

She felt distant. She felt emotionless. Her dreams were lost somewhere. Her hope was still cracked. She stared at the stainless off-white ceiling with empty eyes. Her eyes were rheumy and every breath felt like she was going to die the next moment. The only proof of aliveness came from the soothing smell of pristine new books and the subtle smell of new furniture. It gave her a sense of comfort, because she had always loved smelling those things. The light peeking in through the dark blue curtains let her know that the day was at its peak. The silence was disturbed by the low ringtone of her phone. She answered is without looking at it. A sense of relief washed over her when she heard her mother's voice. She also got a lecture for missing her meal. Before saying good-bye her mother convinced her to go out and get fresh air along with food. She freshened up, but she was still feeling fatigue. She took her wallet and got out of her room. She was walking down the hallway when her eyes fell on his picture. She stopped in her way.

She could still feel his eyes from last night. It seemed like he was staring right through her. She couldn't avert her eyes away from him. The emotions in his eyes were familiar to hers. She couldn't decipher his pain, but she could understand. The one emotion that she actually understood in his eyes was that he didn't really like her. She was slightly scared of it because she didn't want any more turmoil in her life. She had already lost enough. She couldn't afford to have a person telling her every single day that she was not needed there and her arrival had complicated his life.

There was a lopsided smile on his face in that picture and he was standing along with his father. The person in the picture seemed so different. Not that she had known him long enough, but still anyone could tell that it seemed as if there were two different people, but same face. She sighed and walked to kitchen. She looked around, but she didn't want to touch anything because she was already in his blacklist she didn't want to make him mad further. He lived on the twenty-third floor. The view of the beach on the one side of building was just as captivating as the nights were of the city, but it was day and the city seemed dull. She decided to walk down to the beach. She didn't realize it until she left the apartment complex that she didn't have the key or his number. She shook her head and just went on walking.

She felt soothing as her bare feet came in contact with the warm sand. She was surrounded by clusters of people, but still she felt disconnected from the world. She didn't understand the purpose of people getting attached to this life anymore. She was at the peak of happiness and all it took was death of her father to splinter her world in pieces. Even standing before the vast and beautifully colored ocean, she still felt like she was going to suffocate to death. Breathing was difficult for her. She couldn't understand what she wanted to do. She was trying to decipher her emotions, but they were getting messier with each second. For a second she wanted to just let herself wash away with those angry waves and then next moment she just wanted to lock herself until she found a way out of this misery. As the day started to get swallowed by the darkness, the only thing she understood was that happiness was a lost cause and "normal" was a concept that had disappeared from her life.

!πŸ’”!

The fear of death woke his conscious up when he stepped on the brake a second before his car could fly over the bridge. The sweat broke on his forehead as his breath became rigid. His heart beat wouldn't stop. The fear wasn't something he had experience before except the moment he almost went to jail, but this fear was far more worse than that. When he saw his car was about to hit the bridge boundary, he wanted to stop. He just couldn't choose dying no matter how bad his past had been. He put his hand over his heart and those heart beats only told him one thing that he wanted to live no matter how bad his life is. He parked his car and gulped. He thanked god for saving him by just one minute.

After the earlier rift with Maria, he left the office with only one thing in his mind, that if he ended up in a wreck he wouldn't mind because he didn't want to see her face, but unfortunately he had to see her god damn face every single day. But that moment on the bridge made him realize how precious his life was. He sighed and drove back towards his apartment.

He loosened his tie and fell on his bed. He couldn't get those feelings of fear from his mind. He knew they were going to be with him for a while. Maybe they are blessings in disguise he thought as he realized they made him care about his life. He closed his eyes and his entire life rolled in front of his eyes. He couldn't believe his thoughts. How could just one person push you to the limits, so much so that you are willing to let your life go? How could the world be so cruel? He was thankful for life, but still he was broken.

He didn't notice her until he opened the refrigerator to kill his hunger. There was no sign that someone had been moping around there. He became confused as he defrosted the chicken. Did she not eat or what? He checked the entire kitchen and there was no sign that she had messed around with anything. He sighed and irritation crept up to him. Now I have to baby sit her. He ruffled his hair as he stepped towards her room. No reply. Not even after so many knocks. I just hope she is not dead, rest she could go to hell and I wouldn't even care for the heck of it. Pushing the door open, his eyes widened. There was no sign of her. Where the heck did she go now? He face palmed and searched around the apartment.

He had been driving around the streets for two hours and the clock struck twelve. The shadows of night shot his fear up. The day couldn't have gotten any worse. There were all sorts of scary thoughts running around his mind. She was his responsibility given to him by his dad and he didn't even know if her life was in danger. Zain's heart was at the bursting point and there was no sign of Aaliya. Please don't let anything happen to her. After years of coldness, for once a sincere wish came from his heart.

Edited by Sara_Joong - 10 years ago